• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Arrei

Smash Lord
Laslow's a notorious flirt, yet sensitive and shy at the same time, and loyal to a fault. And it's not like he's some kind of creepy lech who goes too far, either.

Also his pairing with Charlotte is just perfect. Both accepting that the other probably isn't going to stop flirting after marriage, regularly going into town as a married couple hitting on passersby, and having a flirtatious daughter who also hits on people.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Laslow's a notorious flirt, yet sensitive and shy at the same time, and loyal to a fault. And it's not like he's some kind of creepy lech who goes too far, either.

Also his pairing with Charlotte is just perfect. Both accepting that the other probably isn't going to stop flirting after marriage, regularly going into town as a married couple hitting on passersby, and having a flirtatious daughter who also hits on people.
I guess.

Unrelated:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Going off the whole Laslow discussion, the reason why he flirts a lot is also a way to counter his shyness. Back then, Olivia, his mother who's most notable trait was her timidness, advised him to start talking to girls to become less shy, and it eventually paid off to the point it evolved into flirting.

A lot of his supports are also really good. His support with Charlotte was already explained, but then you have supports like those with Peri and Xander.
  • Peri's support starts out with Peri being a friend and deciding to have tea with Laslow after he's been shot down multiple times. As their support develops, Laslow learns more about Peri's past; the other reason she wanted to go out with Laslow was because "he smelled like a blood", so she thought he was a cool killer. Laslow questions Peri's lust for blood, but grows to understand it in the A support.
  • Xander supports starts out with Xander grounding Laslow after he received a report about Laslow's recent flirtation incident, and as Laslow spends his punishment time with Xander, you really see how much he looks up to Xander, especially in the A-support when Laslow asks him if he'll ever be mad for leaving Nohr.
I'm sure others will have other good supports they'd like to share, but that's what I could come up with for now.

One support that I wish Laslow had would be one with Oboro. I don't know why, but I feel like he'd be one of the best people to let her overcome her racial attitudes, aside from Beruka of course, by telling her about his homeland and how it has the similar culture to Nohr but is generally quite peaceful in nature. They could also relate to one another in terms of the trauma they felt when they lost their parents.

Nah

Smash Champion
We really shouldn't expect Corrin buffs. The character is fine really, and if the last patch was any indication they don't seem to feel like making Corrin better. Really gotta hope for no nerfs though. While the last batch (bar Counter Surge) was unwarranted, another round of nerfs, even slight again, is REALLY unwarranted. And I'm afraid they'd like, actually nerf something of importance/do really significant nerfs this time if they do.

Shouldn't be too long before this next patch drops....

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not expecting anything big on the next patch and Corrin plays great to me, though wouldn't been better without that pointless speed nerf from the last patch. Whatever.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I hope Corrin gets his run speed increased a bit. There was no reason to nerf it. Other than that, Corrin is fine.

Regarding Laslow supports, one of my favorites is Laslow x Mozu. In fact, i think its among the top 5 best supports in the game. Its suprsinginly one of the few supports where he doesn't actively flirt 80% of the time. When Mozu talks about how she lost everything because of the Faceless, Laslow tells her that he knows exactly how she feels (referencing the apocalyptic future that he came from). This is one of those big supports that you see how much Laslow has matured since we last saw him in Awakening. In fact, out of the three Awakening kids, i'd say he's the one who's matured the most.

Unrelated: So you know how Pokemon does those event legendaries such as Darkrai, Genesect, etc? Well, before, i didn't think about events too much (even though i've never missed an event since B2/W2, except for the first Diancie event since they did that stupid GameStop card stuff) but after reading this comment on Chuggaconroy's latest Pokemon Platinum episode, i have to say, i agree.

"This is why I've always despised event legendaries with a passion. They're dependent on WiFi distributions and limited time availability, meaning that the average player will never even have the opportunity to possibly even merely see, them, let alone obtain them. That's BS; the content is already sitting in the game cart, and yet the majority of players will never have the chance, and once the distributions end or go offline, that's it! Unless you hack, those event legendaries are lost forever. I've hacked to get Darkrai and Shaymin, but that's still no excuse; I shouldn't be required to hack to obtain content that shipped with the game I bought. That's punishing me because I wasn't lucky enough to live near an area where the event was being offered or because I had no way of attending it anyways. That's barely better than Amiibo-locked content or on-disc DLC, only by sheer virtue of distributions being free. This isn't like special releases of Pokemon with a unique moveset. Even if you can never manage to get an event, you still have the ability to obtain those mons otherwise. You aren't locked out of unique game content, only a unique variant of that content. I've never had an issue with special releases. But event legendaries are utter BS, and I wouldn't miss them for a single moment if Gen VII pitched the mechanic where it belongs: in the trash"

I agree with that comment. I 100% agree. Remember when i said i missed the first Diancie event? I found about it on the last day so i went to GameStop to get that card, only to find that they sold out. I was pretty mad, not because i was late but because Game Freak distributed the event via special GameStop cards that could run out. And they thought it was a good idea to do the same for Mew (which thankfully, i was able to get). Yeah, it was my fault that i missed Diancie but the point is, legendary Pokemon shouldn't be locked behind limited-time events. Event Pokemon are fine if its something like a shiny Garchomp with a unique moveset, because, as that comment explained, its only a unique variant. But if its an event exclusive legendary, that's when its BS. And let's not forget the biggest offender: Arceus in D/P/P. Because that event was never officially released, so, until HG/SS came around, nobody could get Arceus. Events that distribute a shiny legendary, such as Shiny Xerneas, is fine because you can get Xerneas normally by playing X. Speaking of Shiny Xerneas, today is the last day to get it.

If events come back in Sun&Moon, which they probably will, i'll still get the events, but i won't complain if they stopped doing them.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I think we all know who the biggest loser is in this patch.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Let's try not to get too crazy with the nerf wagon.

Anyway, the speed nerfs that Corrin got were uncalled for, especially his air speed, since his recovery is rather mediocre at best.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I should've clarified. If your hacking just for fun, like silly model swaps or trying to "break" the game, then its fine. If you hack in legitmate items such as an extra Master Ball or event items/Pokemon that happened a long time ago, then its fine. But if you hack to give yourself an unfair advantage, even in singel player, that's when i say that your bad at the game. Regarding that Hana i posted, that's when it becomes more along the lines of cheating. They didn't hack but they still get an unfair advantage. Its like if you get a Clefairy through Wonder Trade and it knows Judgment and you decide to use it on your team. You didn't hack it in but your still cheating. And if you cheat to win, your still bad at the game.
Well, basically, my response to this, is that, no matter how you may clarify an argument with a logical deficit, the logical deficit will still exist in full force. I fully understand that you want to complain about hackers who have changed the game. I pointed out that you stated that being bad at a game has no relation to one's skill at the game. That's a silly claim. I fully understood what you said, but I didn't fully understand why you said it. You want to say that people who change a game like Fates are bad at the game, but I don't get why.

Also, your Pokemon analogy... the last Pokemon game I played was Ruby Red, and so I have no real idea what you meant with it (wtf is a "wonder trade"?). Wow, I feel oddly old now. While I now can legitimately put the title "Doctor" in front of my name (a prestigious university granted me a doctorate degree, for some reason), it is the references to Pokemon (my first Gameboy Color game) that makes me feel old! Even though I'm not even old.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, basically, my response to this, is that, no matter how you may clarify an argument with a logical deficit, the logical deficit will still exist in full force. I fully understand that you want to complain about hackers who have changed the game. I pointed out that you stated that being bad at a game has no relation to one's skill at the game. That's a silly claim. I fully understood what you said, but I didn't fully understand why you said it. You want to say that people who change a game like Fates are bad at the game, but I don't get why.
Well, like i said before, its fine if they change it, but when they change it to win, whether it be signal or multiplayer, that's where i start to see problems. When you hack units to give them skills that they can't legitimately obtain, or giving them a certain class, such a having Kana as a Feral Dragon outside of Paralouge 2, that's when i see people as bad at the game. There's nothing wrong at being bad at the game but there's no way you'll get better if you cheat. Its just something that personally bothers me. To me, hacking just to win a game completely defeats the purpose of playing the game.

Also, your Pokemon analogy... the last Pokemon game I played was Ruby Red, and so I have no real idea what you meant with it (wtf is a "wonder trade"?). Wow, I feel oddly old now. While I now can legitimately put the title "Doctor" in front of my name (a prestigious university granted me a doctorate degree, for some reason), it is the references to Pokemon (my first Gameboy Color game) that makes me feel old! Even though I'm not even old.
Wonder Trading is something introduced in Gen 6. It works like a regular trade, except you and the person your trading with won't know what they get until the trade is over. Your trade partner is chosen at random. I've seen people get great pokemon such as shinies and legendaries but every time i do Wonder Trade, i always get a damn Zubat. And if its not that, its a Bidoof or something.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Soooooo, some people have already the game here, I tried to go at the Gamestop and they don't want give me my limited ONLY 36 hours early...

Life sucks ;-;

:shaker:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Soooooo, some people have already the game here, I tried to go at the Gamestop and they don't want give me my limited ONLY 36 hours early...

Life sucks ;-;

:shaker:
Dude you're in Italy? Nice, I am too. Sadly I won't be getting my copy of Fates until my birthday

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Dude you're in Italy? Nice, I am too. Sadly I won't be getting my copy of Fates until my birthday
Oh, hello fellow Italian!
I'm happy to see another Italian on the forum, especially one that main Corrin, and, well, I suppose you're in a worse situation than mine, I hope that your birthday is soon!

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Oh, hello fellow Italian!
I'm happy to see another Italian on the forum, especially one that main Corrin, and, well, I suppose you're in a worse situation than mine, I hope that your birthday is soon!
Yeah, I'm in Rome. My birthday is on June 20th. Do you play the 3DS version of Smash?

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
PEGI rating for Fire Emblem Fates is out. It's weird.

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 00.47.18.png

1) Conquest doesn't have sexual images?

2) "Violence causing minor injury only"
Well thank goodness for that, I thought I was killing all those enemies. Sucks if you want to be a pacifist and are getting the Limited Edition though.

As a piece of trivia, 'Violence causing minor injury' is also on the ratings for Awakening and Radiant Dawn.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
1) Conquest doesn't have sexual images?
I imgaine it's because of the Camilla cutscene that plays only in Birthright.

2) "Violence causing minor injury only"
Well thank goodness for that, I thought I was killing all those enemies. Sucks if you want to be a pacifist and are getting the Limited Edition though.
I think it's referencing the visuals. It's not like the game has a crazy amount of blood or anything.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Elise isn't hit by the sword on screen, and when she's shown afterwards, you can't see any physical wound. Heck, I don't think her clothes even got torn. And then she died anyway.

That actually kind of broke the illusion for me. They should of just kept her body off screen or something (aside from her head, of course).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys, I finally got Fates! Though something's...odd. I only got Birthright because I wanted to test myself against the new mechanics first...Yet I COULD choose for Nohr and make a save...I then did the same but siding with Hoshido. I now have a regular copy of Fates without buying any other version, yet I have a save for both sides. Can the US version do tbat?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys, I finally got Fates! Though something's...odd. I only got Birthright because I wanted to test myself against the new mechanics first...Yet I COULD choose for Nohr and make a save...I then did the same but siding with Hoshido. I now have a regular copy of Fates without buying any other version, yet I have a save for both sides. Can the US version do tbat?
Nevermind, turns out you CAN get choose Nohr on Hoshido and vice versa, but it won't let you play the other version after the point you fight the siblings

Skyward

Smash Apprentice

Ladies and gentleman, it's that time.

Here's the Steelbook by the way. It features two Azuras, a fact I am sure will make Armagon Armagon very happy.

Wait no, it features three Azuras.

Ah well, here's the Avatar I'm going with. Here's to closer release dates in the future!

WVW69jOPzb4p415Y86.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's the Steelbook by the way. It features two Azuras, a fact I am sure will make Armagon Armagon very happy.

Wait... you got a steel case in your Limited Edition while the Americans didn't?
We may have gotten the game early... but NOA doesn't love us...
I have to say, I can't help but be jealous. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Ah well, here's the Avatar I'm going with. Here's to closer release dates in the future!

View attachment 107427
Well that's ****ed up. You Europeans got a steel case from the limited edition?
Wish I had one of those.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 107427
I hope you enjoy the game. This is the European Version correct? If so, do you think the swimsuits are censored? I mean it is Europe

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Aside from the Steelbook, it also features a double-sided poster with the main 'two families facing off' artwork on one side, and a map of Hoshido and Nohr on the other.

I hope you enjoy the game. This is the European Version correct? If so, do you think the swimsuits are censored? I mean it is Europe
I haven't checked, but I would guess so since unlike Awakening it seems to be following the American version quite closely. I do think it is a bit funny, especially as it is essentially a universal rule in France that you need to wear tight swimwear for "Hygiene Reasons". Like, yeah sure mate.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And what you know, a Fire Emblem Fates character has a birthday the same day as the European release of the game! It's Hinoka's laid-back retainer who is a skilled archer but often finds herself in traps, and she is a pretty amusing character overall. Happy Birthday, Setsuna!

Hopefully, you won't let her get caught in a trap today. I bet she's haaaappppy* today!

*reference to one of Setsuna's quotes: "I'm haaappppy."

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Aside from the Steelbook, it also features a double-sided poster with the main 'two families facing off' artwork on one side, and a map of Hoshido and Nohr on the other.

I haven't checked, but I would guess so since unlike Awakening it seems to be following the American version quite closely. I do think it is a bit funny, especially as it is essentially a universal rule in France that you need to wear tight swimwear for "Hygiene Reasons". Like, yeah sure mate.
I'm just curious. In Awakening, Tharja's Summer Scramble pic wasn't censored in Europe. I just thought that since this is Europe, there would be swimsuits. I'd check myself, but uh...lol I have to wait one more month.

And what you know, a Fire Emblem Fates character has a birthday the same day as the European release of the game! It's Hinoka's laid-back retainer who is a skilled archer but often finds herself in traps, and she is a pretty amusing character overall. Happy Birthday, Setsuna!

Hopefully, you won't let her get caught in a trap today. I bet she's haaaappppy* today!

*reference to one of Setsuna's quotes: "I'm haaappppy."
Setsuna is hilarious. Wanna see a funny custom support convo with her? I'll post the link if I'm allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Setsuna is hilarious. Wanna see a funny custom support convo with her? I'll post the link if I'm allowed.
Sure, I'd like to see one. I'm no moderator, but you are allowed to post links as long as it doesn't link to something inappropriate.

Top Bottom