• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Can you guys rate my Conquest pairings?
XanderxPeri
CamillaxSilas
LeoxNyx
ElisexOdin(Owain)
Laslow(Inigo)xFelicia
Selena(Severa)xArthur
CharlottexKeaton
NilesxBeruka
KazexAzura

All that remains are Mozu, Effie, Jakob, and Benny.
I'd prefer these pairings to be rated purely on the children produced, as I see so many people judging pairs by pair up bonuses, which is not something I utilize in my gameplay (I prefer strength in numbers, and only use guard stance for just that, guarding).
Flora is the best mother if you want to give Kana skill as Flora gives the best skill stat to Kana (as she can't marry anyone else) in the game (with Beruka), perfect for skill triggered skills such as Sol, and Rend Heaven (spotpass).

Xander gives Siegbert amazing luck while Peri gives him the best stats for Res, which could give him the edge up his father in fighting/tanking mages though Siegfried can kill them in two if not one turns.

Leo is the best father in Mag and Res, already giving Forrest strong stats to start off with, and Nyx being the best mother for Mag makes him even better.

Elise will make Ophelia a monster period (Also canon hair color is a plus).

Selena is a interesting choice as she gives Percy +3 to Skill, Spd and Def. However, I see Effie being better due to her absurd Str she gives Percy, who is a Wyvern lord (ch 18+ I think) that savors the stat to kill anything thats not a well defended unit such as mages and Archers.

CharlottexKeaton is good for all the Str in the world.

NilesxBeruka: With Niles being the best at speed and Beruka giving the most Skill (Like Flora but not trapped to one child) as well as Def can make for a hardy no-scope Nina.

KazexAzura: Azura being the best mother for speed gives Midori +7 in speed and +4 in skill so reclass her into Master Ninja to make the most out of her stats.

Hoped that help if anything else check this video on children and stats in FE Fates both paths:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Completed eleven chapters of Revelation thus far

The fog of war tactic with Chapter 7 was pretty interesting, and it took me a few turns to figure out the puzzle regarding which path would warp you back and which would allow you to proceed.

Man, Yukimura in Chapter 8 is absolutely cold. I don't think I've ever seen him this brutal in all of Fates until now. The map was fairly easy to handle though despite still having just four units at our disposal.

Chapter 9 though... basically an exact replica of what happens in Birthright Chapter 8 with the main differences being the Iago does not reveal himself to Corrin after they kill the Faceless, Birthright not having the special scene with Elise and Camilla talking, and Fuga is mad at you for accidentally killing his own people (Fuga already knew before hand in Birthright that the Faceless problem was Iago's doing by the time you reached the village). It also has the same map from Conquest Chapter 20, and getting to experience this map on Hard was... still fun. Had some challenging moments (particularly when I almost lost Corrin when he got dragged in an area with a large number of enemies, but good thing I had Sakura heal him straight away and then moved her out by having Azura team up with Hana to reach Sakura in time so that she could move out.

Chapter 10 was pretty annoying with the whole "break-the-ice" gimmick; it felt rather tedious to break all the ice just so you can get all the goodies from defeating all those enemies. I failed on my first try because Corrin died against the final three enemies near Zola, so you can imagine how frustrated I was having to go through that map again. The fact Zola succeeded with that "ice bomb" though (more like an ice spell) makes me think that Team Plasma should definitely consider hiring him (anyone who's played Pokemon Black 2/White 2 will understand the reference).

Poor Izana though; he died communicating to a god about the Seal of Flames (I don't know why, but I have the impression the Valla curse might have something to do with his death; I guess that's just me though). Oh well, at least we got my favorite Fates character, Takumi, and my favorite retainer duo back on my team again!

Chapter 11 took me about three tries to succeed; I lost Orochi on my first attempt because I didn't take out the first ninja that was the closest to her, while I lost Hinata on my second try. My successful attempt involved moving all my units to one area instead of spreading them out (though initially, I had Subaki take out the Archer at the central-bottom to trap the Samurai from moving). Also, those ninja traps from Birthright are back, but at least we can disarm them with Dragon Vein tiles this time. Things got tough when I had to deal with the first Master Ninja on the right side; it took a collaborated effort between Saizo, Azura, and Subaki to take him out. The rest of the map went smoothly from there on out with some close calls. I also succeeded with landing the killing blow on Kotaro with Saizo.

Seeing that dialogue felt really satisfying!

And for those that ever want to post something creative on an internet forum when you want to reply with the message "are you kidding me", here's a picture of everyone's favorite Pineapple saying that exact line. Fill free to use it!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Chapter 11
ninja traps
I. Hate. Chapter 11. "Ok, i can deactivate those traps with Dragon's Vein. That's good" is what i thought. But then i found that they come back. Every. Single. Time. Every time you step on it, they pop back up. What's the point in having the Dragon's Veins if the ninja traps just come back up. You may think Ch.10 was a bit annoying with the "break the ice" gimmick but i'd much rather prefer Chapter 10 over Chapter 11.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
What I find funny about Revelations is that by being neutral both nations seem to hate you more than if you actually fought against them.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
In case you have not heard, Smash 4 mods are now a thing and it takes a little bit of work to do now. I am going to add "end of all" to castle siege and J-E-N-O-V-A on midgar.

A shadow hack which looks pretty neat

and a tutorial by stylesX2

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And for those that ever want to post something creative on an internet forum when you want to reply with the message "are you kidding me", here's a picture of everyone's favorite Pineapple saying that exact line. Fill free to use it!

So Takumi is mad that his HP only increased by 1 point. Fire Emblem is much more different than Pokemon, boy.

D

Deleted member 189823

Realizing Bro Corrin's voice is pretty sexy when he isn't doing dorky screams.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's one of Pineapple's retainers' birthday today! Happy Birthday Hinata!

I forgot about him in the days leading up to Fates's American release, but after experiencing him first hand, I can definitely say he's one of my favorite characters. I just love this guy's energy and bro-like attitude, and his interactions with Takumi are gold!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
In case you have not heard, Smash 4 mods are now a thing and it takes a little bit of work to do now. I am going to add "end of all" to castle siege and J-E-N-O-V-A on midgar.

A shadow hack which looks pretty neat

and a tutorial by stylesX2
Bruh, you want to talk Smash 4 mods?

Fire Emblem is much more different than Pokemon
Speaking of Pokemon, what are everybody's thoughts on the new starters and legendaries? Popolio is the best starter so i'm picking him. The Moon Legendary>Sun Legendary

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Speaking of Pokemon, what are everybody's thoughts on the new starters and legendaries? Popolio is the best starter so i'm picking him. The Moon Legendary>Sun Legendary
All the three starters are super cute, but for now I think I'll choose the owl.
The lion (I think its name is Solgaleo but I'm not sure) reminds me of Caineghis and it's AWESOME, M̶e̶g̶a̶ ̶G̶i̶g̶g̶i̶n̶o̶x̶ the Moon legendary is also really cool, it's so unique and I like it a lot.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
They revealed the names?
I hear a lot this "Solgaleo" but probably it's just a rumor.
For the second one is just me being dumb, I meant to wrote "Noivern" but I always called that Pokémon "Gigginox" (a reference to the Gigginox monster from Monster Hunter) that now I think is its real name lol

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I want the Owl, but you know... grass flying... against ice is the fight of q lv20 sniper takumi against a lv 1 sky knight...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I found the starters odd at first, but that's just me whenever we first learn the major news of a new generation. I'm sure I'll get used to them overtime. Right now, I'm split between either Litten or Popplio. Litten looked odd at first because it looks like something straight out of Yokai Watch with those eyes and that color pattern, but it's been growing on me overtime. I'm a huge cat person, and I'm aware that it has the potential to evolve into a badass fire tiger. Popplio looks pretty neat too. The nose might be a bit odd, but I think it fits it well considering it has that circus sea lion motif going for it. I'm guessing it's going to evolve into a Water/Psychic type because the acrobatic stunts and water balloons seem like the perfect elements to be boosted by telekinetic powers.

As for the legendaries, I think they both look awesome... to the point that the first time ever, I can't decide which version I want based off the legendary. I'll need to stay updated with more news in the coming months to make a decision based on what the version exclusives entail this time around.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I found the starters odd at first, but that's just me whenever we first learn the major news of a new generation. I'm sure I'll get used to them overtime. Right now, I'm split between either Litten or Popplio. Litten looked odd at first because it looks like something straight out of Yokai Watch with those eyes and that color pattern, but it's been growing on me overtime. I'm a huge cat person, and I'm aware that it has the potential to evolve into a badass fire tiger. Popplio looks pretty neat too. The nose might be a bit odd, but I think it fits it well considering it has that circus sea lion motif going for it. I'm guessing it's going to evolve into a Water/Psychic type because the acrobatic stunts and water balloons seem like the perfect elements to be boosted by telekinetic powers.

As for the legendaries, I think they both look awesome... to the point that the first time ever, I can't decide which version I want based off the legendary. I'll need to stay updated with more news in the coming months to make a decision based on what the version exclusives entail this time around.
From what i've seen, pretty much everybody agrees that Litten will become a Fire/Dark-Type and create some nice rivalry between it and Houndoom. Popplio, going by past games, will probably end up being Water/Ice but Water/Psychic is not an unreasonable thought. I also predict that Popplio, like Chikorita, will be one of the few starters that remain cute as it evolves. Inb4 Popplio evolves into nightmare seal. As for the legendaries, they both look amazing, but for the Sun legendary, we've already had a fire lion before (Pyroar) which is why i'm leaning more towards the Moon legendary, which looks like something that came out of a JRPG like Final Fantasy or the Tales games. I mean, i'm assuming its a fire lion because it IS Pokemon Sun Version and it looks like it will be a Fire-Type (maybe even pure Fire-Type. It's been awhile since we've seen a pure Type legendary).

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Conquest Chapter 25 took forever lol. I literally had to tank the left side with Xander and used Effie to get rid of the spy shuriken ninjas while using Leo and Nina as bait for them.
I know. In the end, I just winged it and beat up Ryoma with my Corn alone.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Of all the Pokemon revealed so far, I'm not overly fond of any of them aside from the sun legendary.
But I'm not going to be pessimistic yet. We only know of 6 Pokemon so far, and there's bound to be at least a couple that I like. And hey, maybe one of the starters will surprise me with an absolutely awesome evolution. That's what happened with Oshawott and Snivy -> Samurott and Serperior.

Also, I beat Birthright on Lunatic/Classic today. Most of the later levels were difficult, actually. Since I refused to grind, I don't think it would of been possible for me to have beaten it without the OP Lobster Lord. Especially Chapter 25, which hounds you with Great Knight, Bow Knight and Dark Knight reinforcements right from the start. I didn't manage to land a hit with the Hexing Rod on the final boss, since the RNGoddess wasn't in the mood or something apparently, but I still manged to beat him turn one by having Oboro trigger Defense and Speed Seal, then having Corn and Lobster handle the rest.

Now I'm going back to my Revelations file so I can recruit all the kids characters. I'll probably stay away from online for the most part, but I'm thinking about grinding for the surprisingly fun castle battles.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
The region looks very well put together. The Hawaiian atmosphere and I really appreciate the more city like places as well. It reminds me of the Hoenn region from Ruby and Sapphires on the GBA.

The trainers look cool as well. looking a lot older then Caleb and serina.

The starters....oh my god... They look so half assed. I know its based off of Hawaii, but...

I'm not saying its good, but Litten is the only one that I would pick at the moment. but the other two look soooo bad (especially that seal). If your gonna call me a hipster, just know that I loved Pokémon X and Y's starters and I enjoyed the Diamond and Pearl Pokémon as well.

The Legendary Pokémon look not so good either. The bat thingy kind of looks lame and the lion looks decent-ish.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The region looks very well put together. The Hawaiian atmosphere and I really appreciate the more city like places as well. It reminds me of the Hoenn region from Ruby and Sapphires on the GBA.
I hope that's not the entire region. It looks small. Then again, its based on Hawaii so there will probably be multiple islands.
look soooo bad (especially that seal)
I will fight you on this. Popplio is the best of three (Water starters have always been the best of the three sans Gen 3). Its an adorable seal, how does it look bad?

The bat thingy kind of looks lame and the lion looks decent-ish.
For me, its the other way around. We've already had a fire lion before with Pyroar so this one is kinda lame. The design is great but what's its based off of...
As for the bat, it looks extraterrestrial in a way and, as i've said before, something that came out of a JRPG like FF or Tales.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I hope that's not the entire region. It looks small. Then again, its based on Hawaii so there will probably be multiple islands.

I will fight you on this. Popplio is the best of three (Water starters have always been the best of the three sans Gen 3). Its an adorable seal, how does it look bad?

For me, its the other way around. We've already had a fire lion before with Pyroar so this one is kinda lame. The design is great but what's its based off of...
As for the bat, it looks extraterrestrial in a way and, as i've said before, something that came out of a JRPG like FF or Tales.
1. I hope its like gold and silver where you can travel between multiple islands. It may not be form different games, but that would still be awesome.

2.You got some good points there with the Legends. I just think in terms of Design and looking like a legendary, the Lion (I think its name is Sol) just catches my eye. But in terms of typing, there are rumors of new types and it could be the light typing that everyone is talking about. If its not then yes it just like Pyroar. But the bat (Luna I believe) could be just like Yveltal or Honchkrow for that matter.

3. As long as no insults of believe are thrown, I don't mind a good argument. The problem that I have with Popplio is for one the bland design

It looks so boring to look at and it doesn't have that "I'm adorable but I can beat the crap out of you" like say Oshawott (a Pokémon I do not like as well) and Froakie ( A Pokémon I think is freaking awesome). Not to mention that all the other starters really (I use this term loosely) outshine Popplio. Rowlett looks "good" because it kind of has a uniqe desighn plus it has a unique type that we only saw once which is Trophus. Plus, its adorable :) still looks half assed though

Litten just looks edgy as hell and you can see its personality just by looking at it. While it is just a fire type, the color pallet they choose looks nice and it reminds me of an ancient cat looking thing. its name is lazy though and again it looks half assed this is the Pokémon that I would choose.

Now I will give the seal this though, although I loved the X and Y starters, I thought Froakie was lazily designed. And soon it ended up being one of my favorite Pokémon ever.

So Popplio does have room to grow, and hopefully a lot of it as well, but so do the other starters. (people want Litten to end up being a dark and fire type.) I think that the other water types from the past gens just out shine Popplio by a long shot and that's why I don't like it. Hell I like the design of Spheal more. Also please don't let Popplio end up being like Walrein.

This is my side of things. I think its awesome that you like Popplio. I just don't like it at the moment.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Their designs aren't lazy so much as they're just simple. The first pokemon in evolution chains tend to be, 'cause it's cuter and whatnot. They're more unique than Charmander, at least, but we all still love that salamander in it's simplicity(I mean, unless you don't love it, which I guess is okay too).

I'm not fond of Popplio, though. Not because it's too simple or anything, but because I hate it's nose. It just stands out as ugly to me.

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Popolio is actually my LEAST fav of the 3. I'll have to wait till i see the mid an final stage evolutions but atm my heart is swinging to Litten. I don't even like cats. but it just looks so chill that I can't ignore it. Rowlett is also in consideration cuz I love me some grass/flying. Tropius is one of my favs from past gens and I just hope they can do the typing justice... my only worry is that rowlett looks so much like a 2 stage pokemon. I don't know how they can do a mid stage without it seeming like an awkward go-between.

As for the Legendary Pokes... not gonna lie, I don't like either of them. The Lion has a stupid head. It looks like some silly flower and I can't take it seriously. The Bat looks like somebody smashed Noivern and Cresselia together and threw some dark purple on it to make it edgy. Neither one tickles my fancy. But to be fair, I've found most legendaries to be over the top and kinda silly looking ever since Gen 4.

Arrei

Smash Lord
ROWLET. GET YOUR VERY OWN OWL BUDDY TODAY. NOW WITH 180 DEGREE HEAD MOVEMENT ACTION!

The way he just swivels his entire face around to look at the trainer in the trailer all "Wait, seriously?" slayed me. Though yeah, its typing really concerns me. Besides the quadruple weakness to ice, he loses his Electric resistance, gains strength against Fighting, gains strength against Bug while losing its weakness, gains weakness to Rock, gains immunity to Ground which he already had a leg up on. Having him means I won't need a dedicated birb to use Fly, I suppose, but he's going to need to be a strong attacker if he's going to have so little resistance.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It looks so boring to look at and it doesn't have that "I'm adorable but I can beat the crap out of you" like say Oshawott (a Pokémon I do not like as well) and Froakie ( A Pokémon I think is freaking awesome). Not to mention that all the other starters really (I use this term loosely) outshine Popplio
Actually, about it not having the I'm adorable but i can beat the crap out of you" feel
So its actually more of a "i may be adorable but if i'm not careful, you'll get rekt....which happens a lot" feel. As for the other water starters outshining Popplio, 'd argue that Popplio looks better than Totodile and maybe Mudkip.

Rowlett looks "good" because it kind of has a uniqe desighn
Its cute but, for me, its too oval shaped. I don't know, it'll grow on me eventually but right now, Rowlett has the worst design of the three. Its not bad though. Also, the orange part on its face, i can't tell if its smiling or if that's the beak. Now, Rowlett has a bowtie and bowties are cool (anyone understand this reference) so Rowlett is my second pick if for whatever reason i choose not to pick Popplio

plus it has a unique type that we only saw once which is Trophus.
Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff say hi.

So Popplio does have room to grow, and hopefully a lot of it as well,
Oh it will. If past experience tells me anything, the water starters ususally end up becoming amazing once fully evolved. Let dual-wielding cannon-Blastoise, Steel Penguin Empoleon, Samurai Samurott and Dark Ninja Gerninja show as proof. Feraligator and Swampert, while i love them, they're designs are kinda so and so.

Also please don't let Popplio end up being like Walrein.
Correction: Don't let Popplio end up looking like Walrein. Because it would be great if Popplio becomes this epic seal with Walrein's tanky stats. Or who knows, maybe Popplio will be like Chikorita and Popplio will remain cute as it evolves.

I hate it's nose. It just stands out as ugly to me.
Will this change your mind?

It really does have a nose that it looks like it will be cute to touch.
No i did not draw this.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Three short pieces of Fire Emblem news:

1) The Fire Emblem mobile game will be free-to-play.

2) The E-Shop version of Fates in Europe works like the Japanese version: You buy a single game then choose a path when you get to Chapter 5.

3) European players get a 10,000G bonus if they buy Map Pack 1.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
This is great

And also

its typing really concerns me. Besides the quadruple weakness to ice
I'm calling it now, the first gym will be Ice-Type. Seriously though, we need an early game Ice-Type gym. We've had two Ice-Type gyms, one in Gen 4, one in Gen 5 and they were both so easy because they were late game gyms and Ice is among the worst Types defensively.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm calling it now, the first gym will be Ice-Type. Seriously though, we need an early game Ice-Type gym. We've had two Ice-Type gyms, one in Gen 4, one in Gen 5 and they were both so easy because they were late game gyms and Ice is among the worst Types defensively.
If the first gym leader uses Ice-type Pokemon, they'll probably be lacking any Ice-type attacks outside of Powder Snow. And if Swinub is one of the first Pokemon you face, pretty much all three starters can potentially take it down.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
The first gym may be a rock type gym. Easy if you choose...the water one, meh if you choose Rowlett and some what difficult if you choose Litten.
This is great

And also
[/SPOILER]
That drawing of litten reminds me of Red XIII from Final Fantasy 7.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
This is great

And also

Wulfric and Pryce are over in the corner crying.

On a side not, I want an early dark type gym. It makes sense to me, since there's usually an early game, quick-evolve bug that you can take along if you need to. And we haven't had one yet. I need one.

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah we just need a Dark gym, period.

Can we like not have an Electric gym tho there's been one in literally every generation so far

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

Can we like not have an Electric gym tho there's been one in literally every generation so far
We're gonna have an electric gym probably. I mean like most electric leaders were military inspired and Hawaii does have a pretty large amount of air force and naval bases SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........

Yeah.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Completed three more chapters of Revelation these past two days.

Chapter 12 is a return to the sea... only this time, the entire ocean freezes along the way. Turns out it is Flora's doing, and Camilla and her retainers have tagged along too.

The map's gimmick was rather... meh to be honest. For the first three to four turns, your units are trapped on the ships, and you have to wait for a Dragon's Vein tiles to pop up so that you can create ice bridges to connect the ships and make it over the ice. Technically, you could easily clear this in a few turns by having a flying unit reach Flora and take her out since the mission is to simply take out the boss, but I ended up taking the long way out.

I accidentally put Saizo within Camilla's range, causing her to fly towards him. She did a good chunk of damage to Saizo, but I managed to debuff her, then switched into Orochi the following turn. I weakened Camilla with Rinkah, but she got hit pretty hard, so I had to throw in Sakura to heal her. It was a tense moment since Camilla would take out either Sakura, Rinkah, or Orochi, but she went for Orochi. Oh god, that moment. Camilla had the damage to kill Orochi in one blow, but Camilla's attack missed! The RNG luck was on my side this time around! Camilla then proceeded to finish off Camilla in one hit. This the second time Orochi managed to achieve such a lucky kill right when she was about to die (first time was in Birthright when her husband, Hayato, performed a Dual Guard against Keaton's attack that would've killed her in one hit, and then Orochi proceeded to finish off Keaton in two hits).

Going into Chapter 13... holy cow, Cyrkensia has been destroyed! Wow, seeing its theatre damaged gave me the same feeling I had like that one scene in Mulan when the group walked into the damaged town. Xander and Ryoma are apparently there, thinking one or the other was responsible for its destruction... but they don't know the real enemies responsible for this are Vallite soldiers. We try to point them out, but Xander and Ryoma don't see them because they are invisible, so we end up having to engage them in battle to convince them.

I failed the first attempt because the enemy units ended up swarming Corrin after I used the Dragon's Vein tile to lower the tide, so for the second attempt, I didn't either bother using the Dragon's Vein tiles and simply proceeded on the left hand path to take out Xander, then retreat and place the obstacle to prevent the enemies from entering that side for the time being, then take the right-hand path to take out all the enemy units there. That way, once I reached the center, I wouldn't be swarmed.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Keaton and Kaden join you in this chapter. My favorite foxy beast kin is back! Surprisingly didn't use them here as much as I thought I would though. I ended up taking out Xander by using Saizo to weaken him, then had Takumi receive a boost from Azura to knock out Xander in two hits. I didn't even bother taking out Ryoma though. Though's crit percents were pretty scary, not to mention he could pretty much take out almost all my units thanks to that speed, so I only took out Scarlet and then traveled all the way back to the left-hand path to proceed into the center section, avoiding Ryoma in the end.

We try to talk things out with Xander, but he still doesn't seem to be too convinced. Ryoma, on the other hand, was enlightened by Azura, Takumi, and Sakura about the issue, so he's beginning to understand us more (but just a little bit though). We also see Scarlet's interaction with us for the first time, and I'm surprised she didn't join us right away considering she stated that she supports us, but it's understandable since Scarlet explains she and Ryoma need to head back to Castle Shirasagi first. We also see Ryoma getting all flustered about Scarlet's plan, and Sakura and Takumi call him out on that.

Honestly, it's dialogue like this that makes me question why one earth Ryoma and Scarlet can't S-Support each other.

Moving on to Chapter 14, we see Xander arriving back at the castle as he is greeted by Iago. After he departs, Iago converses with Hans on the note that Xander might've been convinced to join Corrin's cause. Leo meets up with Xander and tells him something's off about Garon. We then see obvious signs that Garon is possessed as he looks up at the Anankos statues and says that both Hoshido and Nohr will be destroyed. We also see that Leo is starting to believe in our cause because of what we told him back then and how it matches up with Garon's situation now.

Anyways, we arrive at the same location where Conquest Chapter 10 takes place (oh god, the memories), and Elise and her retainers meet up with us. We also see that Silas has arrived with an army to take us down.

I'm glad the map was much easier than Conquest Chapter 10 this time around. Keaton and Kaden took care off the first batch of Paladins to the center right, while Kaze and Beruka took out the Cavalier and the Fighter around the center at the beginning. I took care of the first batch of fighters on the left side, and the two Generals on the top right were eventually taken down with Beruka's help thanks to the Hammer. The two Generals and Cavaliers close to Benny were taken out by baiting them over to my location and using Beruka, Hinata, and Hayato to take them out. I then baited the Archer on the other side so that Elise could reach Benny and talk to him so that Benny could join our army. Once the right side was done, I proceeded to the left. Corrin tanked up the first batch of units there, then proceeded to have my other units finished them off. I also baited the first Mercenary on the ship so that Elise could get across and talk to Charlotte in order to recruit her. Once that was finished, I used the Dragon's Vein tile with Takumi to recreate the events of Chapter 10... this time, so that I could take a shortcut to return to the other ship and finish off Silas. Unfortunately, taking out Silas didn't finish the chapter for me, as the game just had to send in more reinforcements right when it was about to be over, but it was still doable nonetheless.

And good lord, this chapter is where you really see the unit balance being so out of place. Arthur, Effie, and Elise first arrive at levels 9, 8, and 7 respectively. Effie and Arthur didn't help me at all this chapter because they were so under leveled compared to my other units (most of my units were around Level 15 at this point). As for Elise, Sakura was already a War Priestess by the time I got Elise. Benny and Silas were the only units you gained here that came in at a reasonable level. Benny is Level 15, while Silas is Level 18 with both his Sword and Lance proficiencies already at Level B. Charlotte is also Level 10, so just like Effie and Arthur, she was vastly under-leveled compared to my other units. Looks like I'm going to need to do a lot of grinding to make Arthur, Effie, and Charlotte useful.

------

Well, Johto was the only generation that didn't have an Electric-type gym, but that was because Johto's gyms used all the types that weren't used in the Kanto gyms.

If Sun and Moon will allow you to travel to Kalos in the post-game similar to Kanto in G/S/HG/SS, then I can definitely see Alola's region already ditching Fighting, Electric, Rock, Bug, Ice, Fairy, Grass, and Psychic in favor of Flying, Normal, Poison, Dark, Ground, and Ghost for its gym types (at the very least as there's also the Kalos Elite Four, but which types to take from there are rather open-ended). Then again, we still don't know if we will travel to Kalos in the postgame, but it'd be interesting to see nonetheless.

I would like to see an Electric-type Elite Four member though. That has yet to happen.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I main Corrin and Cloud, and I really wanted to know why you fellows main him/her.
I'll go first.
So I was really excited about Corrin when he/she was unveiled at the Final Presentation, because a chainsaw dragon is hella appealing.And it didn't hurt that he/she was from a game I had my eyes on for a while.
After playing him/her for a while, I was not so hyped.He/She seemed to kill really late outside of Uair and tippy Smashes, and I was terrible at landing those.I later realised that I had a habit of spamming the seemingly unpunishable Fsmash, and had completely ignored the incredible utility of Dragon Lunge (I wasn't even aware of Instant Pin), not to mention the awesome strings he/she could pull out of thin air.
I properly labbed him/her for a while, and found great joy in the comboing ability of Ftilt,Dtilt,Utilt,Fair etc.I had almost dropped him/her completely in favor of Cloud, and now I'm really glad I didn't.
Fsmash tips is always a joy to land, along with pinning an opponent to decide their fate while they struggle.All his/her moves seem to flow into each other.So, yeah, he/she's my main now.

P.S The reason I refer to Corrin as he/she is because while I mostly play the Orange alt., I occasionally switch to Green for the heck of it.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Guys, don't go Corrin against R.O.B, it is a literal R.I.P for Corrin. Its so hard to approach.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey guys, i found Rowlett's final evolution

Nah JK, its this
It seems Kaze has chosen his starter

If Sun and Moon will allow you to travel to Kalos in the post-game similar to Kanto in G/S/HG/SS
Being honest, as much as i would love this, i can't see it happening. Aloah is based on Hawaii while Kalos is based on France. The only way i can see this happening is if one of Aloah's islands connects to the Kalos mainland. Actually, there's something about the Pokemon world that bothers me. Take a look at the Unova map
Now look at Kalos
Meanwhile, Sinnoh has a tiny stretch of land that extends into the unknown at the south
And Kanto and Johto also have unknowns lands in the north
As you can see, Unova has unknown lands in the north, while Kalos has unknown lands to the east. Sinnoh has unknown lands in the south, while Kanto and Johto have unnown lands in the north.
This bothers me a lot. I need to know what's there. Two world maps have been officially released
And this one but its useless
And all these maps don't count the spin-off regions. I need to know what the Pokemon Planet looks like.'ve seen fan art of it but i want something official. This bothers me to no end and i don't know why.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Being honest, as much as i would love this, i can't see it happening. Aloah is based on Hawaii while Kalos is based on France. The only way i can see this happening is if one of Aloah's islands connects to the Kalos mainland.
They could find ways to acknowledge Alola's relationship with Kalos despite being the two being faraway from each other. In the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, Mauville City has a Lumiose Tower replica at the center of the city, and when you check its description, it states that it's there to acknowledge the close ties Hoenn and Kalos have despite both regions being far away from one another (Hoenn being based on the southern main island of Japan, while Kalos is based on France); there is also a lot of mentions about Kalos throughout OR/AS, including the tree in Sootopolis City that was planted by AZ. They could also make the Sun and Moon protagonist a Kalos-born individual who has moved to Alola (the Japanese Sun and Moon trailer hints that the main protagonist is someone who recently moved to Alola from somewhere, with no mention where he/she comes from).

Admittedly, I too am pessimistic at the moment that this will happen, mainly because the past Pokemon games haven't allowed us to visit other regions outside the Johto games. Going back to the Sun and Moon trailer hint, the protagonist could be someone from either Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh and not from Kalos considering that montage prior to the gameplay footage showed a kid moving from Japan, with his interactions looking similar to what the Sun and Moon protagonist will probably experience.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Honestly I didn't expect to get this hooked on Corrin. I'd always wanted a swordsman character because I hate playing against disjoints when I lack them. Marth, Roy, Shulk, Robin, L/Tink, Pits, etc. were just not meshing with me. The closest I could get was Meta Knight, but I had trouble consistently doing the Uair strings, which in turn made killing a lot harder. Cloud got released shortly after and I played a few matches against him and I already knew I was gonna hate him. Then came Corrin's trailer. Honestly, I had never played a FE game before (love Fates now) and my initial thoughts were the usual "another one?". I was going through the trailer, rather unimpressed. Then I saw the Bair. The Bair is what hooked me. I LOVE that move. Favourite move in the game. It isn't as laggy as ROBs, has a better hitbox, and makes all my dreams come true. They had trapped me at this point. I kept finding out cooler and cooler things once I got to play her. Insta-pin, Fair strings, The Chargebox on Fsmash, how great our up B is when you purposely don't grab the ledge, Dair to footstool off stage, etc. ALL this is great and contributes to my enjoyment of her, but if you wanted one word that made me choose her as my main, than the would be; Bair.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Because I'm a sucker for technical characters with unconventional moves, awesome specials, and unique kill set-ups. That's why I like Shulk, Diddy, ZSS, Corrin, Greninja, Yoshi, Kirby, MK etc. But Corrin is one of my favorites.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I main Corrin and Cloud, and I really wanted to know why you fellows main him/her.
I'll go first.
So I was really excited about Corrin when he/she was unveiled at the Final Presentation, because a chainsaw dragon is hella appealing.And it didn't hurt that he/she was from a game I had my eyes on for a while.
After playing him/her for a while, I was not so hyped.He/She seemed to kill really late outside of Uair and tippy Smashes, and I was terrible at landing those.I later realised that I had a habit of spamming the seemingly unpunishable Fsmash, and had completely ignored the incredible utility of Dragon Lunge (I wasn't even aware of Instant Pin), not to mention the awesome strings he/she could pull out of thin air.
I properly labbed him/her for a while, and found great joy in the comboing ability of Ftilt,Dtilt,Utilt,Fair etc.I had almost dropped him/her completely in favor of Cloud, and now I'm really glad I didn't.
Fsmash tips is always a joy to land, along with pinning an opponent to decide their fate while they struggle.All his/her moves seem to flow into each other.So, yeah, he/she's my main now.

P.S The reason I refer to Corrin as he/she is because while I mostly play the Orange alt., I occasionally switch to Green for the heck of it.
Doesn't warrant its own topic. Merging with social.

Top Bottom