• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What are the boosts for Sorcerer, Witch, Spear Master and master ninja?
Swordsmaster - Crit+10, Avoid+10
Spear Master - Crit+10, Critical Evade+10
Monk/Shrine Maiden/Troubadour - Critical Evade+10
Sniper - Hit+10, Crit+10
Master Ninja - Hit+5, Crit+5, Avoid+5, Critical Evade+5
Nine-tails - Crit+5, Critical Evade+10, Avoid+10
Beserker - Crit+20, Critical Evade-5
Sorcerer - Crit+10, Hit+5, Critical Evade+5
Wolfssegner - Hit+10, Crit+5, Critical Evade+10
Witch - Crit+10, Avoid+10
Lodestar - Hit+10, Crit+5, Avoid+10

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Swordsmaster - Crit+10, Avoid+10
Spear Master - Crit+10, Critical Evade+10
Monk/Shrine Maiden/Troubadour - Critical Evade+10
Sniper - Hit+10, Crit+10
Master Ninja - Hit+5, Crit+5, Avoid+5, Critical Evade+5
Nine-tails - Crit+5, Critical Evade+10, Avoid+10
Beserker - Crit+20, Critical Evade-5
Sorcerer - Crit+10, Hit+5, Critical Evade+5
Wolfssegner - Hit+10, Crit+5, Critical Evade+10
Witch - Crit+10, Avoid+10
Lodestar - Hit+10, Crit+5, Avoid+10
Wow, I never realized those existed. That'd explain why Oboro seemed to always have a crit rate in the 20s, for one...

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
It's been months since the final Smash direct, but still can't believe that we had both Solid and Liquid Snake in Smash Bros! (Cam Clarke voiced both Male Corrin in Smash and Liquid Snake from Metal Gear)

HNI_0098.JPG

I drew this with the extremely limited screenshot editor built into Smash, which made it a pain to draw! But i'm happy with how it turned out. Though unfortunately I accidentally edited the image with two different Nintendo accounts, so I can't post it to Miiverse, which was the only reason I drew this with the Smash image editor...

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Today is Charlotte's birthday. Everyone, go wish the Queen of Nohr a very happy birthday!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just completed Chapters 25 and 26 of Conquest.

Damn, Ryoma's intro cutscene was far better than Xander's IMO. Swinging the sword to ignite all the torches in a room > Pulling out the sword as the walls start moving back while triggering an earthquake. Also, Ryoma's line is more epic: "No more games, to the death (his eyes menacingly open at that instant) > "Now, once and for all."

And Iago backstabs us by taking Hinoka's lance we originally showed him as proof we "killed" Hinoka (although we really didn't), throwing right in front of Ryoma as we are forced to lie that we did the unthinkable just to avoid Garon murdering us all. Ryoma is enraged. His retainers arrive. We've got a heated battle in our hands!

I originally thought I could easily handle Ryoma by just using my level 20 Corrin against Ryoma by tanking with my dragon form for the first few hits, then using the Yato to finish him off. Boy was I wrong when I learned we'd both do minimal damage to each other while standing on healing tiles. There's a Dragon Vein tile directly above, and I thought you could access it simply by having someone use Locktouch to access one of the doors above... turns out those doors will only unlock if you defeat either Saizo or Kagero (and I thought only the door to Ryoma would open when defeating either of them). I now understood why many actually explored the entire map unlike in Xander's in Birthright.

Man, after killing Laslow and Peri in Birthright and feeling bad about it, I really didn't want to kill Saizo or Kagero, but due to the circumstances, I knew one of them had to go to make this chapter easier. After thinking through, I decided to kill off Kagero and save Saizo. I thought to myself, "I successfully saved Kaze in Birthright Chapter 15, and considering Kaze survives regardless in Conquest, I think it's best to keep both brothers alive. Let's keep the family alive." I knew about Saizo's past with Kagero though, so I knew this decision wasn't perfect either.

This chapter took me several tries. In my first attempt, I lost Xander right away because I foolishly pitted him against the three Ninjas and the Swordmaster on the left. The second attempt was a lot better. This time, I made sure a few units were close enough to those enemy units but not to the point they were in their range for the first turn, then proceeded to move everyone in for the second turn to take care of all of them. Ignatius+Kana then took care of weakening the Swordmaster duo, and from there, it was just a matter of moving my units close enough so that they can reach the right foe to take out. Nina+Shigure, Ignatius+Kana, Xander+Camilla, and Niles+Mozu took care of the left.

Meanwhile on the right, it was Forrest+Ophelia, Kaze+Beruka, and Peri+Laslow. Things started very smoothly with Beruka taking out the top Master of Arms in the beginning, Peri weakening the starting Ninja, and Ophelia killing the bottom Master of Arms. Once Forrest finished healing after the first batch, Laslow and Kaze took care of the next two Ninjas. Beruka then moved through the hallway to start damaging the next batch of Ninjas close by. Kaze took care of finishing them off, while Laslow+Peri and Forrest+Ophelia handled the two Master of Arms units. I then moved Kaze into the first tile of the final batch of enemies on the right to bring the last enemy Ninja toward me. That same Ninja GOT A CRIT AT 3% AND KNOCKED OUT KAZE. Great gotta start over.

The next failed attempts were due to more RNG luck. In the third try, Ophelia missed one attack against the first, bottom Master of Arms while Peri missed her Javelin attack on the first Ninja. From there, those two enemy units worked together to take out Ophelia. In the fourth try, I missed a kill on one of the three ninjas to the point there were two left instead of one, and they made quick work of Nina.

The successful attempt this time around had no RNG shenanigans, and I was careful this time to use Beruka to bad the final Ninja on the right so that he wouldn't land a crit. Once I took care of that Ninja, I then had Kaze open the chest. The following turn, Kaze weakened the final Master of Arms unit with Forrest landing the kill. It was only Kagero left. I just had Beruka do the job since her Axe had the best accuracy to finish it off compared to Laslow.

The doors open into turn 14. I rush all my units right before the main room so that I can pick out which unit should I use to weaken Ryoma (when I activated the Dragon Vein tile, I thought I could still handle the job with just Corrin, but after I saw Ryoma could attack twice with 10 damage at 100% accuracy and 15% chance to land a crit against my Dragonstone+ with 77% accuracy, I got nervous after remembering how the RNG messed with me those last few attempts). Xander did the weakening since he was the only one where Ryoma had no chance of landing a crit on. I then moved myself with the Yato to finish off Ryoma just to see the dialogue.

The battle ends as we convince Ryoma there's no need to die, but Garon tells me otherwise. Ryoma then does the unthinkable and stabs himself so that I won't have to go through the pain of killing him.

Strangely, I wasn't a crying mess watching Ryoma's death like I thought I would (since I played Birthright first). Though I knew Ryoma and Elise+Xander's deaths were coming in their respective rights, I think Elise and Xander's deaths were far sadder than Ryoma's death. Ryoma died like any samurai would've done in the situation he was in; Elise's was more unexpected, while Xander's death was more prolonged and ended up giving much more emotional dialogue (particularly when he talks about his favorite memory and his line about how he could've worked with Corrin to stop the war in a different timeline). I was legit crying watching Xander die while I was more emotional on the inside with no tears coming down my face watching Ryoma's death and the subsequent scene following it.

Azura's final line was emotional too. After assuring Corrin that Ryoma died for his sake, she says "Can I join you with crying as well *sniffle*". I feel like if we actually heard Azura cry afterward, it probably would've gotten some tears out of my eyes, but the chapter ends right after. I can understand why they did so though.

That Azura moment in the end also makes Corrin x Azura feel more cannon at that moment. Since I married her again for this route, I can just imagine what an emotional embrace the two had at that moment.
Garon walks into the throne room to talk to Anankos as we wait outside. Iago then arrives and launches a spell at us. Turns out he found out about how we left Hinoka alive because he sent a search team around Castle Shirasagi and found Hinoka and her retainers escaping from behind the structure. The Nohrian royal siblings had it with Iago and Hans and decide to kill them once and for all.

I cleared this map on the first try, but it was challenging. Iago is an absolute cheater though. He's a Sorcerer unit with access to staves with an ability that allows him to infinitely use them! With Enfeeble and Freeze and his disposable, he was a pain at times.

The first room with all the Heroes was pretty straightforward. Effie and Ignatius weakened the first two Heroes directly beneath the door, and Leo and Keaton finished the other two to the left and right respectively. The other Heroes were taken out with Siegbert, Camilla, and Odin. Iago ends up Enfeebling and Freezing Effie though.

I decided to go to the room on the left. Effie and Velouria handle the first Faceless units, while Ignatius and Keaton break open the following door. I foolishly put Elise on a tile where the Golem could attack her. She had a lucky dodge from its attack that could've OHKO her. Keaton and Velouria handled the two Faceless units, while Niles and Arthur took out the two Golems. The room with all the Generals and Berserkers was rather straightforward. It was mostly using Velouria and Ignatius to weaken most of them and then have other units finish them off. Hans was killed off by having Leo weaken him and then have myself land the killing blow. I thought Hans and Corrin would have special dialogue at that moment, but there wasn't.

The righthand room was taken care of by having Camilla and Mozu tank up most of the hits from the Sorcerers and then other units finish them off. After all the annoying Enfeebles and Freezes, only Iago was left.

Niles traveled from the left to right chests in one go thanks to Azura's song. Once those chests were taken care of, I finished the turn. I then had Niles open the final chest. Now to take out Iago. Like Hans, he has a good chance to land a crit, so I need to put the right units. I had Azura dance to me just for the stat boosts. I put Leo close by so that he could aid in an Attack Guard. Together, Leo and I weakened Iago, and Keaton finished him off.

So Iago was the one who told Garon to have me kill Ryoma. Iago was also the one that told the enemy to get to Macareth. That confused me. Did he really just commit an act of treason just to kill off Elise? Ok then...

After the battle, Iago is killed off by Leo. I don't know which Iago demise was more satisfying though. Here, Iago says he was just following Garon's orders just like everyone else and tries to use "I knew you since you were a child appeal" against Leo as an excuse. Leo finishes him off with the generic "ram in" pixel animation. Meanwhile in Birthright, Iago's cowardly ways go as far as him saying that Garon was just manipulating his mind while Leo finishes him off using Brynhilder (complete with a pixelated version of the spell).

And with that, only Chapter 27 and the Endgames are the only things left standing in my way for Conquest. Wish me luck guys! I'm almost there.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I was hoping Nintendo would talk about Fire Emblem Mobile at E3. Even if just a tiny sneak peak. Nope. Nintendo is just focusing on Zelda. No Digital Event, just Zelda demos. I love the Legend of Zelda games but Zelda U/NX better be the greatest game in the history of the universe for it to justify a Zelda-only E3.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I was hoping Nintendo would talk about Fire Emblem Mobile at E3. Even if just a tiny sneak peak. Nope. Nintendo is just focusing on Zelda. No Digital Event, just Zelda demos. I love the Legend of Zelda games but Zelda U/NX better be the greatest game in the history of the universe for it to justify a Zelda-only E3.
Dude I'm alredy expecting that if we put some amiibos link will have they costume (Mario, Luigi, TLink, Zelda (lol), Marth (master sword became falchion?) Lucina (he will have the mask) Ike, Robin (dude... that would be awesome)Corrin (get ready to mastersword the chain-saw) Fox? Capt falcon(FALCHON HAYA!!!) and others)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
*Goes to Dragon's Gate* Goes to purchase DLC* *sees "Heirs of Fate 1: In Endless Dreams" is 49 cents* sees that i only have 21 cents* Seriously?! Argh! Ah well, at least i get Boots and Paragon.

Also this

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So now I'm finally playing Birthright.
I tried getting into it before by playing on Hard Mode, but I had already beaten Conquest Hard Mode by the time that happened, so I got bored with it. But I just reset that save file and started playing Birthright on Lunatic/Classic, and now I absolutely love it. It hits that nice sweetspot of difficulty where it's challenging, but not frustrating. All those rumors I heard about Lunatic mode Birthright being disappointingly easy were silly. I actually wouldn't mind if all future FE games were made to be at around Birthright's difficulty level, just as long as Hard and Lunatic mode are still a thing.

D

Deleted member 189823

Today is Charlotte's birthday. Everyone, go wish the Queen of Nohr a very happy birthday!
I'm sure the first thing in my mind when I see her boobs is "cute, i wanna marry her".

I did the most wtf epic heartbreaking comeback earlier today. Let me tell you how it went. Game 1, I 2-stocked him with about 130% on me. Just played it solidly and tried to take advantage of my lead. Game 2, he 2-stocked me...with a spike and then a knee at less than 50% near the edge off a D-Throw. I knew I kind of ****ed it up by then, but I kept my calm going into Game 3. So Game 3 begins and I get my recovery spiked at about 30 seconds into the match. Again, the only choice for me there was to pretty much keep my calm and rack damage as hard as I could. And I did, lol. Next thing you know, it's a stock, and then, finally, about over 100% on my opponent. How was I to make a comeback when my opponent had well over a stock on me? I just did. As soon as I saw the damage rack, my heart felt as it was literally burning and I knew I had to keep myself on edge if I wanted to come out on top. So I am at about 130 again and he's at a bit over 100. I have him go off-stage (forgot why, probably a B-Air or an Instant Pin Dragon Lunge). As he's about to Up-B towards the edge, I just...jump, and footstool him. He doesn't make it.

By the way, this all happened as early as LR2-3. Imagine the intensity on being dropped out as early, having had gone out on the first round of Winners at it is.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
...Well, the last few chapters I played on Birthright Lunatic were surprisingly easy. After having to try chapters 14, 15, and 16 a few time search to figure out a strategy, it feels like the next few chapters after those are pretty easy. Then again, I figured out the trick with the statues at the Demon's Falls almost immediately, so I didn't have to worry about lava tiles in that chapter.

I just hope the lategame levels are difficult again, at least.

Arrei

Smash Lord
That's probably going to bank entirely on whether or not Lunatic sticks status immunity on the final boss. Otherwise Hexing Rods are just going to turn him into a faceroll.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I forgot to mention this, but I finally beat Conquest yesterday.

Damn, Chapter 27 was challenging. It took me three tries. The first attempt involved a Sniper successfully landing a crit and killing Selena, and the second attempt had me foolishly putting Charlotte with a Tomahawk thinking it was the only way she could deal with those Lancers with Counter+Magic Counter and that Merchant. The successful attempt was largely thanks to luck. Two of those final four enemy units were taken out thanks to critical hits. The other two involved chipping away at their damage with distance weapons to avoid Counter and Magic Counter (seriously, that's just crazy those Lancers have to have both abilities).

Xander did much of the attacking on Garon, and I had to use Rally Defense just to make sure he'd better tank, as well as Rally Speed for the additional damage. I had myself and Xander perform an Attack Stance and weaken Garon to just 1 HP. I hilariously had Selena finish the killing blow with her forged "Tsundoom Axe."

And I still can't believe I managed to beat the Endgame on my first try considering I heard many horror stories about how brutal it is. Keaton, Velouria, Xander, Siegbert, and Effie largely carried this map for me. I'm glad I read about the "death wave" the Possessed Takumi releases every three turns in advance. The only time I got affected by it was when I accidentally put Xander over the tile where it would be created on the turn Takumi started charging, and Xander was the only one that got hit by it, receiving 22 damage. Thank god the Faceless across from him went straight for Arthur instead.

When I finally reached Takumi, the order I used to weaken him was as follows: Weaken him with Keaton, then do some more damage with Xander, throw in Effie to cancel the Dual Guard when he was in KO range, then use Siegbert to land the final blow (decided to use him over myself just because he had a 100% chance of landing a hit).

It was fun though, and I didn't lose a single unit.

Story wise, I'm still surprised I didn't have any nightmares after watching the Monster Garon and Possessed Takumi cutscenes. It was late at night when I saw them, and good lord, both of them sound far scarier than they did in the Japanese version.

And I was really touched to finally experience Takumi's confession/apology right before the final battle.

^That's your proof Takumi is a sweet pineapple deep down.

Something tells me that right at that quote, it could link back to when he said, "Why did you not choose us" in Chapter 23.

I knew about Takumi's background before hand, but if I was playing Conquest first and never what was really going on with Takumi leading up to this, I think it would be at that moment I would completely forgive him.

As for my thoughts about Conquest overall...

I guess the ending felt somewhat satisfying on the Nohrian part, but Hinoka apparently wasn't ready to be queen because she banked too much on Ryoma becoming the next king of Hoshido, and if Ryoma died, she would've given the throne to Takumi, but he's dead too (if I was younger sibling in the time before Ryoma's death, I would've been trying to prepare for the scenario I became the next ruler just in case). They didn't seem to emphasize that with Leo in Birthright. In that route, Leo surprisingly looked pretty content with becoming king compared to Hinoka here, but fan art of King Leo suggest otherwise (and for good reason).

The ending cutscene was pretty nice too, particularly hearing Xander's speech. My only complaint is that once again they had to make Camilla's moment total fanservice just like her cutscene in Birthright by having you accidentally bump into her boobs. Was that really necessary?

Overall, Conquest was an enjoyable game. The maps and the gameplay were definitely a lot more enjoyable than Birthright. Then again, it was old-school Fire Emblem they were going for here, and getting to experience it first hand since Awakening was my first game in the series, it was quite fun.

The story though? Now that I've finished the game, I have to admit that I liked Birthright's story a lot more. When I played through Birthright, I felt satisfied with the way the story developed. When I played through Conquest, I ended up feeling really conflicted about its story.

The primary issues that I can think off the top of my head are:
  • Chapter 13: I feel like Corrin should have expected Hans would go on a killing spree after what he did to him in Chapter 3 and Xander telling him, "I don't trust Hans."
  • Chapter 14: How the heck does Corrin not figure out that the mysterious dancer is Azura? If I saw someone with long blue hair with similar dance moves and the same singing voice that I've seen and heard over the course of five chapters, I would've figured it was Azura easily.
  • Chapter 15: As cool as it was to find out Gunter was alive and playing through a fun map, I don't think visiting Valla was really necessary, let alone bringing back Gunter (he ends up having no impact on Conquest's story). That felt more like a reveal that should be saved just for Revelation. If I had to rewrite this chapter so that it flows better with the story, this is what I would do: We try to find Azura since she's missing, but on the way, we run into an army of invisible soldiers. We take them out, and afterwards, we find Azura, who wants to see me alone. She shows me what she found: a crystal ball. Speaking of which...
  • The Crystal Ball: Yep, I can agree that this is where Conquest's story took a downright plunge. She uses it show us Garon's true form. The crystal breaks, and then she tells us how to expose Garon to take him out: by successfully conquering Hoshido so that Garon can sit on the throne that is meant to show a person's "truth." MANY problems here.
    • The crystal just suddenly breaks for no reason whatsoever? Why? I don't think a crystal like that would be that easy to break. She could have easily brought it over to the Nohrian siblings to show them it. Leo apparently succeeding in bringing over a "dark crystal" from the Bottomless Canyon in Birthright, at least to the point his retainers knew about it because it was gone by then.
    • I understand "invading Hoshido" is exactly why this route is called "Conquest" for a reason, but Corrin just agrees with it without thinking there is another way. He doesn't realize that invasion is going to require killing people, something that completely contradicts his philosophy about "not wanting anyone dead as I complete the mission." He doesn't even realize that by invading Hoshido, Garon, Iago, and Hanz, will join along, and we know how they are when it comes to killing people.
    • Couldn't they just tell that Nohrian royal siblings after learning the truth about Garon? I still don't think the crystal would've been destroyed that easily. I would've talked to my siblings afterward and tell them something's wrong with Garon and show them the truth. Perhaps then we could try to find a way to take out Garon without resorting to mass bloodshed, but nope, we need to do an invasion. "But the siblings might not believe you," you might reply. We'll address that later.
  • Chapter 18: Why did we need to have a banquet with the Hoshidan royal family right in the smack-dab middle of the war? That doesn't flow with the story at all; even if it was funny, it was so random. I get it that this chapter was meant to highlight how the Nohrian siblings are not like Garon or Zola in that they don't want to kill people, but I feel like they could've had Zola do something other than capture the Hoshidan royal siblings if they really wanted to give him spotlight.
  • Chapter 21: So Iago wants you dead by summoning a mass army of Faceless against you as you climb the Eternal Stairway. Does he not realize that by summoning a massive army of Faceless, he also wants the Nohrian royal siblings dead, as well as anyone else with them? That's hindering the invasion if you ask me.
  • Chapter 26: If Corrin engages with Iago during battle, Iago reveals, "[It was] I who told the enemy about your journey to Macarath." So let me get this straight, Iago. You told the Hoshidan forces that I was heading to Macareth to fetch the medicine needed to save Elise's life, and that they need to prevent me from getting it? You basically wanted Elise dead! Sure, you wanted me to suffer out of grief over her loss, but you do realize that you are committing an act of treason by communicating with the enemy like that? Again, I feel like Iago wants to make me suffer with plans that are counter-productive to Nohr's position in the war.
  • Your family's reaction when they learn about True Garon: Aside from Xander's reaction, I'm still shocked everyone was all like, "No way, this can't be father. We can't attack him since he's still the man we all know and love." They knew something wrong was with father! I remember in Leo and Elise's supports, Leo knows the current King Garon isn't the same as he was in the past. He would probably join Xander right away with, "This monster is not our father at all. No wonder something was wrong all these years." And thanks to Leo, Elise should be aware about that too. Remember how I said we could've talked to all the siblings about Garon's true form before the invasion even began? I'm sure they'd all believe me. Xander realized Garon wanted me dead going into the battle in Chapter 7, so I'm sure Xander would hear me out too.
Birthright's story was more straightfoward IMO. Yes, it didn't have the perfect plot either, since it was your good ol "Stop the enemy forces from invading" FE plot, but at least it wasn't too complex to the point they started getting into way too many inconsistencies. I ended up having so many qualms with Conquest's story compared to Birthright's that I didn't feel too compelled with proceeding into the game. For me, the primary reason I kept playing it was to experience the gameplay and see what exciting new map awaited me.

Conquest's story also felt too dependent on Revelation's reveals. Birthright also had those unanswered questions left to be answered for the third route, but those questions felt more subtle compared to Conquest's.

As for the characters? I can understand why Conquest's characters are more enjoyable, though I don't have too many that are my favorite. The ones that I really liked were Laslow (he's easily my favorite of the three Awakening children; I was never into Odin and Selena that much), Niles, Arthur, and Charlotte. Peri was pretty enjoyable too, probably one of the few yanderes that I actually liked. Keaton was cool, but I didn't seem to enjoy him that much as a character compared to Kaden. As a fighting unit, though, Keaton is a blast to use because of he's such a good hard-hitting tank (and was one of my MVPs in this play through). Children wise, my favorite Nohrian child unit probably has to be Ophelia. Not only does she make a broken mage, but I feel like her character was more enjoyable than Odin's. She has the same theatrical attitude, but her playful personality and similar lighthearted voice like her grandmother made her feel more enjoyable for me, like it was the right mix. Nina is also up there, as I find her "daydreaming" personality rather amusing. Siegbert was an enjoyable character too since I'm a huge Xander fan. Velouria was similar to Keaton: made a great unit fighting unit, but character wasn't something I remember the most for. I like Selkie just a tad bit more when it comes to the Beastkin children. Overall, it's hard for me to pick which overall cast of characters were better between the two versions. I think both have their fair share of enjoyable and enjoyable characters.

Now onto the royal siblings: again, I can understand why Nohrian siblings are generally more preferred than the Hoshidan ones, but I guess I'm one of the few that likes most of the Hoshidan siblings more.
  • Xander: Definitely my favorite of all the Nohrian siblings. He has a great personality and a lot of memorable dialoguse, and I like how he interacts with Corrin, not to mention Xander saved me in so many chapters with his signature sword combined with his really good Strength and Defense stats. I'd say Xander is either a bit higher or tied with Ryoma for my favorite oldest sibling.
  • Camilla: I guess her backstory was fairly interesting (and she knows how to be cold and brutal at the right times), but I found it hard for her to take her seriously thanks to how they emphasize "fan-service" out of her. Her cutscene in Birthright wasn't some epic introduction with her flying from her dragon as she points her axe at you or uses a tome. It was just her doing a sexy walk zooming in on parts of her body, then switching into a POV perspective as she grabs your head. Then there's the final cutscene in Conquest where you bump into her boobs and fall to the ground while you were being dragged by Elise. Again, why was this necessary? Not to mention she has some... favoritism issues toward Corrin. I know she cares about her siblings, but I found her attachment to Corrin a little... cringeworthy at times (heck, in Arthur and Camilla's supports, Camilla tells Arthur to tell Corrin how much she loves him, and Corrin and Camilla's supports feel a bit disturbing since the way Camilla approaches him is like she views Corrin more than a sibling to care for). I found Hinoka's devotion to Corrin more appealing to be honest, as well as having a more enjoyable character.
  • Leo: He's cool and has a neat design (his B support with Corrin was awesome too since he knows how to critique battle strategies), but I feel like Takumi's character was way more interesting, not to mention Takumi was more relatable and was more reliable in my Birthright playthrough then Leo was in my Conquest play through.
  • Elise: It's cute how she loves Corrin, all her monstrous hugs, but she felt a little... too energetic for my tastes. There were moments in Conquest that didn't give me particularly fond opinion of her, particularly Chapter 8 when she's the reason you end up having to fight the Ice Tribe in the first place (how can anyone make such a big mistake like that) and when she rudely snapped out at Sakura in Chapter 18. I was glad to see she underwent character development and learned to bond with Sakura in the end though. Elise was also my best magic-user too. In all, I like Elise, but I prefer Sakura more due to personality.
In the end, even though Conquest had its issues, it was still a fun experience. Gameplay and characters were fun, but the story could've been written a lot better.

------

And with that, I finally started Revelation tonight, and the best part is it coincided with the beginning of my summer vacation!. I decided to start from Branch of Fates and I managed to beat Chapter 6 in just two turns. I took out the Samurai turn 2 by one-shotting him with a Dragonstone, and then the boss Wyvern Lord flew straight to Azura and she took care of him very quickly (she was at level 18).

Since I know many people have already beaten Revelation here, I have a question to ask you:

Which difficulties did you all play for Revelation? The reason why I'm asking is because I'm currently playing it on Hard/Classic, but I don't know whether or not I should drop the difficulty for either Hard or Classic.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Best Miiverse drawing 10/10

And also
This needs to be the next Splatfest theme

Which difficulties did you all play for Revelation? The reason why I'm asking is because I'm currently playing it on Hard/Classic,
Hard/Classic is fine. Revelation is a mix between Birthright and Conquest's difficultly. The only problem is that Revelation's unit balance is horrible so you might have trouble in the early chapters. But once you get past those, you should be fine. Just be careful with Chapters 9, 11, 14, 17, 24 and 25. Those can get tricky.

I understand "invading Hoshido" is exactly why this route is called "Conquest" for a reason, but Corrin just agrees with it without thinking there is another way. He doesn't realize that invasion is going to require killing people, something that completely contradicts his philosophy about "not wanting anyone dead as I complete the mission." He doesn't even realize that by invading Hoshido, Garon, Iago, and Hanz, will join along, and we know how they are when it comes to killing people.
To be fair, Corrin knew this would happen eventually the moment he chose Nohr. He knew that he would have to kill, even if its against his will.

If Corrin engages with Iago during battle, Iago reveals, "[It was] I who told the enemy about your journey to Macarath." So let me get this straight, Iago. You told the Hoshidan forces that I was heading to Macareth to fetch the medicine needed to save Elise's life, and that they need to prevent me from getting it? You basically wanted Elise dead! Sure, you wanted me to suffer out of grief over her loss, but you do realize that you are committing an act of treason by communicating with the enemy like that?
I have a feeling Garon probably wouldn't have cared. I mean, Garon has Hans in the army and we know Hans is a vicious criminal. It seems that Garon doesn't care about treason as long as he gets what he wants. He wanted Corrin to suffer and Iago telling Ryoma about Macarath was a step closer to that. Granted, the things Iago did was still pretty stupid. I mean, Ryoma taking control of Macarath was perfectly fine if he did that himself but Iago just loves behind-the-scenes work.

Remember how I said we could've talked to all the siblings about Garon's true form before the invasion even began? I'm sure they'd all believe me. Xander realized Garon wanted me dead going into the battle in Chapter 7, so I'm sure Xander would hear me out too.
Would they though? Xander knew Garon had changed yet look at how he attacked Corrin in Birthright when Corrin said Garon was evil. And in Revelation
Leo doesn't believe Corrin when Corrin says Garon was being possessed
They couldn't tell the Nohrian siblings that Garon was truly evil without showing them the crystal ball but that thing broke. I think the reason the crystal ball is there is because this is the first time IS wrote an FE plot about invading a country and due to the nature of the game being split into 3, they kinda wrote themselves into a corner. If Conquest was its own game, we wouldn't have seen crystal ball. So i'm really hoping a future Fire Emblem game takes the route of invading instead of defending/taking back.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
To be fair, Corrin knew this would happen eventually the moment he chose Nohr. He knew that he would have to kill, even if its against his will.
Makes sense considering that his support conversations with Azura largely revolved around the whole "you knew joining Nohr would be a difficult choice."
I have a feeling Garon probably wouldn't have cared. I mean, Garon has Hans in the army and we know Hans is a vicious criminal. It seems that Garon doesn't care about treason as long as he gets what he wants. He wanted Corrin to suffer and Iago telling Ryoma about Macarath was a step closer to that. Granted, the things Iago did was still pretty stupid. I mean, Ryoma taking control of Macarath was perfectly fine if he did that himself but Iago just loves behind-the-scenes work.
Seems like Garon is one of those kings that doesn't care about committing those kinds of crimes then. Not going to dwell on it then considering that, knowing his personality, he would surely kill anyone who'd try to call him out for letting his sidekicks get away with crimes like treason. Garon is Garon.
Would they though? Xander knew Garon had changed yet look at how he attacked Corrin in Birthright when Corrin said Garon was evil. And in Revelation
Leo doesn't believe Corrin when Corrin says Garon was being possessed
Regarding Xander attacking Corrin...

During Xander's death, when Corrin asks him why he didn't just listen to him (Corrin) or Elise, Xander states, "You chose a path... but I never had that choice. I am the Crown Prince of Nohr. My fate was sealed that day I was born... I'd like to think that things could have turned out differently in another world. We could have ended the war fighting side by side... As Crown Prince, I didn't have the option of picking sides like you or Leo or the rest. So I really did intend to kill you for the good of Nohr. But in the end... I did what I always told you not to do. I let my feelings overrule my duty. In the end, it was my undoing. Is that... is that justice?"

Basically, Xander was in the position that he couldn't defy King Garon because he was the Crown Prince and he had to fulfill his duty as such. Thus, he attacks Corrin and tries to kill you in multiple occasions in Birthright when you run into him.

But I guess that just shows further proves the point all the Nohrian siblings are powerless to King Garon thanks to their standings. Camilla says she couldn't stop Hans in Conquest Chapter 13 because Garon would execute her if she did, but even she wants to help Corrin's cause. She is almost convinced to join Corrin's side in Birthright Chapter 13 when Corrin tells her about what happened in his time in Hoshido, but then Leo arrives and tells her not to listen to him because "he's trying to brainwash you to join the enemy's side."

It's complicated for them.

Regarding that Revelation detail...

Well, at least it matches up with Leo's reaction in Conquest Chapter 27, but my reason for my initial Leo reaction is because a part of me thinks if Leo knew something was wrong with Garon, I'm sure he'd understand the monster-deal quickly. Leo has a good wit after all. Oh well, I guess that just shows even a really smart person like Leo can't figure out everything.
They couldn't tell the Nohrian siblings that Garon was truly evil without showing them the crystal ball but that thing broke. I think the reason the crystal ball is there is because this is the first time IS wrote an FE plot about invading a country and due to the nature of the game being split into 3, they kinda wrote themselves into a corner. If Conquest was its own game, we wouldn't have seen crystal ball. So i'm really hoping a future Fire Emblem game takes the route of invading instead of defending/taking back.
Let's just hope we won't see another dull plot device like the crystal ball if they wanted to go for another original plot. I too have faith they could pull off something well.

D

Deleted member 189823

I literally started using Corrin because she's hot.

no hetero tho

Nah

Smash Champion
Why do I have a deja vu feeling with this image? Wait, now I remember...

I was about to be all like "but :rosalina: a lightweight not a heavy" and then realized that this image was probably in relation to Mario Kart and not Smash

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Shout out to Nintendo UK for not being afraid to taunt people:
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 18.46.08.png

No, that bundle isn't the Limited Edition.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I started playing with Corrin because of all the hype for Fates and for my infinite love for the Fire Emblem series (I literally main/secondary every Fire Emblem character in Smash 4, except for Marth lol).

Initially I was planning to play with both versions of Corrin, male and female, but after seeing how different were the two (personality wise), I stuck with the female one because of her more "aggressive" personality, which reflect me in my gameplay.
A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Oh look, an FE:F YTP!
I'm so sorry

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
To all those who managed to get Dwyer in your playthroughs, what do you think of Dwyer as a unit? Is it worth having Jakob marry someone just to have him? I'm still thinking about who should Jakob marry in my playthrough of Revelation, but I'm not too sure who would make a good wife for him, not to mention I'm beginning to have a lingering sense that Dwyer might be inferior to other child units.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I started playing with Corrin because of all the hype for Fates and for my infinite love for the Fire Emblem series (I literally main/secondary every Fire Emblem character in Smash 4, except for Marth lol).

Initially I was planning to play with both versions of Corrin, male and female, but after seeing how different were the two (personality wise), I stuck with the female one because of her more "aggressive" personality, which reflect me in my gameplay.
A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶
I play Red male Corrin. When he yells "My path is clear", I don't understand why, but it just looks and sounds awesome. Male Corrin also has an awesome Voice actor and the Dragon looks freaking awesome. Female Corrin is cool in all, but I don't like the way it looks and her voice drives me insane.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
To all those who managed to get Dwyer in your playthroughs, what do you think of Dwyer as a unit? Is it worth having Jakob marry someone just to have him? I'm still thinking about who should Jakob marry in my playthrough of Revelation, but I'm not too sure who would make a good wife for him, not to mention I'm beginning to have a lingering sense that Dwyer might be inferior to other child units.
I did Jakob x Setsuna because Setsuna and Dwyer have similar personalities.

Dwyer's paralouge though. Its the easiest thing ever. So easy you can beat it in a turn. Just unlock the door to the left and then have a high movement unit like Xander kill the boss. The boss is an Omnyoji so it only takes 1 or two Seigfried hits to kill the boss.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
How are the skills a Child inherits determined? Is it the first in the list or a random one, or what?

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
How are the skills a Child inherits determined? Is it the first in the list or a random one, or what?
Children inherit the last skill in the parent's skill slot. To get a child a certain skill, you have to arrange the parents' skills so that the skill you want to pass is at the last slot.

Anyway, I'm nearly finished with Conquest (on Chapter 25) and it's so fun! Better than Birthright (the story on the other hand...)

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Children inherit the last skill in the parent's skill slot. To get a child a certain skill, you have to arrange the parents' skills so that the skill you want to pass is at the last slot.

Anyway, I'm nearly finished with Conquest (on Chapter 25) and it's so fun! Better than Birthright (the story on the other hand...)
The children get the skill in the last spot of the parents at the time you recruit them (I believe that's correct). For example, Shigure joins you after the map for his paralogue is completed. You recruit him at the end of that chapter, so, if your parent units gained a skill during that chapter, that will be what he inherits from them.

Basically, the skill at the BOTTOM of the skill list of the parents will be the skill the child inherits. It also needs to be a non-DLC skill. So, starting from the bottom of the parents' skills, the child will inherit the first non-DLC skill.

For example, suppose you paired up mCorrin and Beruka. At the bottom of mCorrin's skill list is Dragon Fang, and at the bottom of Beruka's list is HP+5. If you go to recruit Kana like this, Kana will inherit both Dragon Fang and HP+5 from her parents.

But suppose Beruka had a DLC skill like Galeforce at the bottom of her skill list. If HP+5 was the next skill up from the bottom, then Kana would inherit that (HP+5), because it is the first non-DLC skill. Kana would not inherit Galeforce.

Again, it's based on the time you recruit the child. So, if you go into the paralogue where you recruit Shigure, with the skill "Destroy Everything" as the last skill on Azura, but Azura learns a new skill during the battle, "Be Terrible at Everything," the new skill will be what Shigure learns, because it is the skill in the last spot at the time he is recruited.

Although, to be fair, "Be Terrible at Everything" is a skill all but one of my Shigures have possessed. ;)

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
The children get the skill in the last spot of the parents at the time you recruit them (I believe that's correct). For example, Shigure joins you after the map for his paralogue is completed. You recruit him at the end of that chapter, so, if your parent units gained a skill during that chapter, that will be what he inherits from them.

Basically, the skill at the BOTTOM of the skill list of the parents will be the skill the child inherits. It also needs to be a non-DLC skill. So, starting from the bottom of the parents' skills, the child will inherit the first non-DLC skill.

For example, suppose you paired up mCorrin and Beruka. At the bottom of mCorrin's skill list is Dragon Fang, and at the bottom of Beruka's list is HP+5. If you go to recruit Kana like this, Kana will inherit both Dragon Fang and HP+5 from her parents.

But suppose Beruka had a DLC skill like Galeforce at the bottom of her skill list. If HP+5 was the next skill up from the bottom, then Kana would inherit that (HP+5), because it is the first non-DLC skill. Kana would not inherit Galeforce.

Again, it's based on the time you recruit the child. So, if you go into the paralogue where you recruit Shigure, with the skill "Destroy Everything" as the last skill on Azura, but Azura learns a new skill during the battle, "Be Terrible at Everything," the new skill will be what Shigure learns, because it is the skill in the last spot at the time he is recruited.

Although, to be fair, "Be Terrible at Everything" is a skill all but one of my Shigures have possessed. ;)
Oh yeah. That happen for me before too.
So something interesting happened to me earlier. I was doing Percy's paralogue earlier. Effie was her mother and I had passed down Luna to Percy and reclassed her to general. During the battle, because Effie was a boss, she had gained Wary Fighter. However, when I beat the paralogue, instead of Luna, Percy had Wary Fighter when I recruited him. It was very odd, especially since he had Luna when he was the boss.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames

Thanks you two! I was actually asking FOR a Shigure I was planning on passing down Rally Resistance and Rally Defense to go with his Rally Speed, than change him into a Dark Falcon to Get Rally Movement. Make him almost purely a support character.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just when I was thinking Birthright Lunatic was too easy I reached Chapter 23, and holy magikarp is that sudden difficulty spike brutal.

Relentless horseback attacks is one thing. Camilla dropping Fire Balls that can't miss every turn is another. But combine both of those things and you've got a level that's almost(but not quite) at Conquest level difficulty. Just...jeez. I wasn't expecting that all of a sudden.

I wanna be happy about that. I mean, I was just complaining that it was getting to easy...but Camilla's Dragon Veins feel kind of cheep since there's only limited ways to work around them. It doesn't really feel fair.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Conquest Chapter 25 took forever lol. I literally had to tank the left side with Xander and used Effie to get rid of the spy shuriken ninjas while using Leo and Nina as bait for them.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Pro tip: Unless your doing it with a friend, don't do PvP. Its full of hacks. Just two days ago i encountered a player who had both Kanas in their Feral Dragon class. Feral Dragon is a one-time class that appears in Ch.5 and Kana's paralouge.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Pro tip: Unless your doing it with a friend, don't do PvP. Its full of hacks. Just two days ago i encountered a player who had both Kanas in their Feral Dragon class. Feral Dragon is a one-time class that appears in Ch.5 and Kana's paralouge.
The only time i played, the enemy quit after kaze personal activated and safed my avatar (then my avatar killed his selkie)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't wait to see the day FE does online multiplayer right.
But today is not that day, and so I'm staying the heck away from there. Even if there wasn't any hackers, I want to stay as far away from Warp and Replicate BS as possible.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Can you guys rate my Conquest pairings?
XanderxPeri
CamillaxSilas
LeoxNyx
ElisexOdin(Owain)
Laslow(Inigo)xFelicia
Selena(Severa)xArthur
CharlottexKeaton
NilesxBeruka
KazexAzura

All that remains are Mozu, Effie, Jakob, and Benny.
I'd prefer these pairings to be rated purely on the children produced, as I see so many people judging pairs by pair up bonuses, which is not something I utilize in my gameplay (I prefer strength in numbers, and only use guard stance for just that, guarding).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
XanderxPeri
CamillaxSilas
LeoxNyx
ElisexOdin(Owain)
Laslow(Inigo)xFelicia
Selena(Severa)xArthur
CharlottexKeaton
NilesxBeruka
KazexAzura

I'd prefer these pairings to be rated purely on the children produced, as I see so many people judging pairs by pair up bonuses, which is not something I utilize in my gameplay (I prefer strength in numbers, and only use guard stance for just that, guarding).
You should've done Laslow x Mozu. Its one of the best supports in the game.

I can't wait to see the day FE does online multiplayer right.
But today is not that day, and so I'm staying the heck away from there. Even if there wasn't any hackers, I want to stay as far away from Warp and Replicate BS as possible.
I think Shadow Dragon and New Mystery had the best online because there was no grinding and no skills. Your wins were based on pure tactical skill, not BS like Replicate and Warp and hacks.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
XanderxPeri
CamillaxSilas
LeoxNyx
ElisexOdin(Owain)
Laslow(Inigo)xFelicia
Selena(Severa)xArthur
CharlottexKeaton
NilesxBeruka
KazexAzura

Personally, I would go with Effie x Benny when it comes to Ignatius. I'm currently using this pairing in my Conquest playthrough and Ignatius has proved to be pretty useful.
I could also recommend Laslow x Mozu as that would probably give you a better Soliel than Laslow x Felicia.
And Felicia x Jakob would probably give you a pretty good Dwyer.

Top Bottom