• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
EDIT: Original post intended for a different thread.

Anyway, uh... I finally recruited all of the second generation in Revelation. I can now finally play through the rest of the story chapters.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace

Anyway, uh... I finally recruited all of the second generation in Revelation. I can now finally play through the rest of the story chapters.
Congrats on the end of your massive grinding spree!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Must've been a long road to get them.

I, on the other hand, plan to get the children characters after I beat the story.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Revelations unit balance was a mistake.
Yeah. The Nohrians got hit the hardest. Except for the royals. The Nohrian royals were actually decent when they joined. At least the other Nohrian characters are 1-2 levels away from promotion or they are already past lv.10 so they can promote as soon as recruited.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I finally beat Birthright today.

I wasn't sure if I was able to beat the Final Boss in 2 turns because the Hexing Rod only had 50% chance, but I did it.

It turns out my top 3 units were Hana, Silas, and Kaze. And the 2nd gen unit with the most battles was Asugi.

And so I don't have to worry about it later, I am going to be planning my Revelations pairings soon.
Which is going to be tough because there are so many characters.

And now I think End of All might be my favorite song in the game.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Yeah. The Nohrians got hit the hardest. Except for the royals. The Nohrian royals were actually decent when they joined. At least the other Nohrian characters are 1-2 levels away from promotion or they are already past lv.10 so they can promote as soon as recruited.
The lunatic mode seems just as cancerous as awakening's because of this.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally beat Revelation today.

I absolutely enjoyed this one more than I enjoyed the other two routes mainly because you have characters from both sides working together as one, which was awesome. Only downside I have was that the Endgame was rather easy (even though I was close to losing Xander). Can't think of anything else I find wrong with the game but regardless, I loved it from beginning to end.

The ending cutscene with the royals together was just beautiful, and I believe Elise and Sakura stole the spotlight with how cheerful and adorable they are together.

With that out of the way, I'm taking a break from playing Fates before I can start doing the level grinding for all my units and work on the children paralogues as well.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Having listened to the Endgame theme on all three routes, I believe I absolutely love End of All (Sky, Land & Below) better than Id (Purpose) from Awakening. I mean, that song is so amazing I could just listen to it all day.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, my favorite song in Fates is the main theme of the game, Lost in Thoughts All Alone.
End of All (all versions) is amazing as well, but I just love the original version that plays during the credits. I can't help but love how calming the song is, the types of instruments they used, and the lyrics are just so damn beautiful (I think my favorite verse is the Conquest one).
I listen to this song fairly often to be honest. I would easily rank it among my favorite video game songs.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
So... can we confirm Hoshido bias being a thing?

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I now have decided my Revalations pairings.
Corrin x Anna
Azura x Laslow
Jakob x Setsuna
Silas x Hinoka
Oboro x Kaze
Kagero x Ryoma
Camilla x Takumi
Saizo x Beruka
Kaden x Peri
Hinata x Mozu
Azama x Orochi
Selena x Subaki
Nyx x Hayato
Xander x Charlotte
Leo x Sakura
Rinkah x Benny
Keaton x Hana
Arthur x Effie
Elise x Odin
Felicia x Niles

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Yes. And here's the biggest evidence: The symbol used as Fates's home screen icon, and also the symbol that appears on Corrin's cape in Smash are of Hoshidian origin. Other evidences are that Birthright castles get forts and healing tiles as well as two turrets, Hoshido weapons provide stat boosts, and most of the new classes are Hoshidian.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Yes. And here's the biggest evidence: The symbol used as Fates's home screen icon, and also the symbol that appears on Corrin's cape in Smash are of Hoshidian origin. Other evidences are that Birthright castles get forts and healing tiles as well as two turrets, Hoshido weapons provide stat boosts, and most of the new classes are Hoshidian.
But Nohr has the boobs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, here in Europe all the Fire Emblem titles available on the e-shop (Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon and Awakening) are on sale, and that's include all the Awakening's DLC (50% off!), so I took advantage of it and I bought the "Challenge pack" DLC.
Now I hope that even with all my maxed units it still a challenge. :4robinm:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
But Nohr has the boobs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, here in Europe all the Fire Emblem titles available on the e-shop (Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon and Awakening) are on sale, and that's include all the Awakening's DLC (50% off!), so I took advantage of it and I bought the "Challenge pack" DLC.
Now I hope that even with all my maxed units it still a challenge. :4robinm:
Prepare to battle with the ultimate goddes of RNG the SUPER ANNA

Arrei

Smash Lord
Now, I realize this was probably mostly a joke, but...

Hoshidan weapons have stat boosts because they also have debuffs to go with them, though. Katanas weaken your defenses in return for speed, naginata have 1 less Mt than lances, clubs are a little more accurate and have crit, but are 2 weaker than axes, scrolls are more inaccurate and weaker than tomes in return for their various stat buffs. The only one that's far and away better are shuriken compared to daggers, which have a mere 5 less accuracy but grant 2 speed.

And as for new classes, you could simply say Hoshido needed the new classes just to be balanced, since FE already had a lot of traditional classes that could simply be given to Nohr. The only one I don't really get is why only Hoshido got Spear Fighter -> Spear Master to replace the old Soldier -> Halberdier class when Nohr already has a generic Lancer class available.

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
To be fair though, that symbol is representative of the legend of the yato, with the four outer symbols being the four legendary weapons;
-The tree symbol is Brynhildr, a tome with the power of "the earth, gravity, and life itself" according to Leo.
-The moon symbol is Siegfried, a royal blade imbued with the powers of darkness.
-The wind symbol is Fujin Yumi, or "Wind Gods Bow."
-The remaining sun symbol is Raijinto, a sacred blade imbued with divine powers, manifesting as lightning.
I assume the central symbol is the yato itself, or could represent the whole Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Anyone got any tips for Conquest Chapter 24? It's kinda annoying really.

Also I got the Exalt and Hero brands from the Before Awakening DLC map the other day and kinda wanna use them, but don't know who to use them on. Ideas?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Anyone got any tips for Conquest Chapter 24? It's kinda annoying really.

Also I got the Exalt and Hero brands from the Before Awakening DLC map the other day and kinda wanna use them, but don't know who to use them on. Ideas?
Let the fliers come to you and kill them one by one. Once the inital wave of fliers is gone, no fliers will spawn until turn 15 i think.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Chp 24 on Conquest really is a pain. Camilla and Spectrum Rally are the only things keeping me in the fight.

(Also Velouria. Bonus damage and loves critting almost as much as Ophelia)

Arrei

Smash Lord
Ditto here on Velouria. Her mother's Camilla in my game, so Camilla ferried her around, either taking out fliers or accessing Dragon Veins as needed.

Also had Mozu as Conquest's only available Kinshi Knight, so she was able to zip around shooting them down as well.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think it's more likely that the game's balance was just rushed in general. I hear the level design is pretty poor, with a few levels being far more tedious than challenging. Particularly a snow level and a pseudo-fog-of-war level. Of course, I haven't gotten the game for myself yet, so I can't say from experience.

Nah

Smash Champion
Let the fliers come to you and kill them one by one. Once the inital wave of fliers is gone, no fliers will spawn until turn 15 i think.
Unfortunately there's actually two groups of additional fliers that spawn before then =(

Arrei

Smash Lord
I think it's more likely that the game's balance was just rushed in general. I hear the level design is pretty poor, with a few levels being far more tedious than challenging. Particularly a snow level and a pseudo-fog-of-war level. Of course, I haven't gotten the game for myself yet, so I can't say from experience.
The ice level was in fact tedious - not so much because of the mechanic, but because there are a lot of enemies on the map to provide you with both juicy EXP and numerous item drops, encouraging you to slowly, excruciatingly clear the entire map of ice just to ensure you've squeezed out all possible gains.

The chapter with all the darkness wasn't so much tedious as just overly long. Assuming they're talking about Chapter 7, the strategy is just to move Corrin with their Dragonstone equipped into the darkness to open the next room and spawn enemies, then have Jakob/Felicia come up behind them to activate their personal skill and either heal or chuck daggers at the enemies entering the chokepoint... over and over and over. Trouble is, the map has two paths - and naturally you'll want to traverse both just for the chests and EXP, especially because after this map Corrin, Jakob/Felicia, and Azura will all end up eclipsing the rest of the army in level.

As for balance... honestly it felt less rushed and more like they just didn't care. The most egregious examples have got to be getting level 8 Effie and Arthur on the same chapter as a level 15 Benny and Charlotte followed by a level 18 Silas at the end of the level, later a level 9 Dark Mage Nyx on the same chapter as a level 10 Adventurer Shura (that's getting a character at the level they joined in Conquest Chapter NINE, and the other at the end of Birthright TWENTY-TWO, in Revelation FIFTEEN), and getting the last group of royals with their retainers at weird random levels in the same chapter like Odin at 12, Niles at 14, and Peri and Laslow at 16.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really hate April Fools Day with a burning passion, but I'll make an exception here since I really dig the Fire Emblem joke.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Mm. I got the worst Swordmaster from RD. I don't know how to feel about this.

Wait a minute, why did even the Ike and Corrin heads in my mains choices switch? Corrin became Ike and Ike became Lucina, it seems.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really hate April Fools Day with a burning passion, but I'll make an exception here since I really dig the Fire Emblem joke.
How could anyone have hated Shaqboards?

:yeahboi: :yeahboi:

Srsly tho I want this as a real theme option @Warchamp7

Though I wanted that for Shaqboards and here we are. ;_______;

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I just got on, now I want to get off (jk)
Btw anyone have a pic or link to the April fools joke last year, heard it was really funny.
Also Nah Nah , your avatar is kind of ironic considering the chapter you're on lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is infinitely better than ShaqBoards. I had a strange feeling that they would do it, too! :laugh:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Waluigi hates it though. He waited a whole year just to invade my account again, and yet his own avatar gets screwed over by the EmblemBoards joke.

Waluigi: My own day is ruined!

Nah

Smash Champion
Also Nah Nah , your avatar is kind of ironic considering the chapter you're on lol.
ikr? :laugh:

funnier still given my username

Do some of you really hate the April Fool's joke though? you should see what we did on my other forum--people are ****ing RAGING about it.

I just find it hilarious that out of all the series in Smash they could've gone with, it just happened to be my favorite one :bee:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Just lurking by to see what kinda avis everyone got :D
Hope everyone's enjoying Fates too. I'm at Ch.20 on Birthright myself,but I've been goofing off since.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ikr? :laugh:

funnier still given my username

Do some of you really hate the April Fool's joke though? you should see what we did on my other forum--people are ****ing RAGING about it.

I just find it hilarious that out of all the series in Smash they could've gone with, it just happened to be my favorite one :bee:
Last year, I had to do up some Waluigi vs. Shaq stuff, because Waluigi hated Shaq for hogging last year's April Fools Day. But now, Waluigi sees himself hating the EmblemBoards joke. He just can't get a break here.

Nah

Smash Champion
For whatever reason though Jakob shows up when I hover over my name menu thing instead of Hinoka lol:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
For whatever reason though Jakob shows up when I hover over my name menu thing instead of Hinoka lol:
It's F!Robin for me.

Top Bottom