• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Arrei

Smash Lord
I haven't gotten Revelations yet, but can't you protect the retainers by pairing them up as support units?
Sure you can, but by that point you probably already have designated partners for anyone you're bringing into that battle. Likely all promoted units for superior bonuses, too.

D

Deleted member

Whew! Looks like I can finally come back to this thread!
I didn't come back until I beat Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation (I have the Special Edition), and I just finished Revelation yesterday.
Overall, this game is absolutely solid and I honestly love Fates more than Awakening. Corrin is also a pretty good protagonist, definitely one of my favorite Nintendo characters in fact.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Overall, this game is absolutely solid and I honestly love Fates more than Awakening. Corrin is also a pretty good protagonist, definitely one of my favorite Nintendo characters in fact.
You and I feel pretty differently on this, then. I think he was incredibly bland - a common side effect of being an "avatar" character that Robin suffers from to. I mean, I guess a lot of FE lords are a tad bit bland, but I feel like he was hit by that especially hard.

It was all the other characters that made the experience for me. I ended up liking all of the royal siblings in both Hoshido and Nohr, despite having only played Conquest.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I made it to Conquest Chapter 26 but unfortunately, I ended up losing Xander, Nyx, Leo and Laslow in the process. I've come too far to reset, no matter how much I wanted too...

Arrei

Smash Lord
You... probably should have. Not having all of your strongest units with you on the final push just makes things even harder for you.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You... probably should have. Not having all of your strongest units with you on the final push just makes things even harder for you.
Well, I did save my progress on another save file so the old one I have prior to starting Chapter 24 is still in.

D

Deleted member

Well, I made it to Conquest Chapter 26 but unfortunately, I ended up losing Xander, Nyx, Leo and Laslow in the process. I've come too far to reset, no matter how much I wanted too...
You should definitely reset.
Xander, Leo, and Laslow are pretty good units from my experiences. Laslow even learns a Skill as a Hero at level 15 that might help you in Chapter 27.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I finally decided to try Conquest on Lunatic/Classic.

I found the first few chapters before the route split much easier than I did on hard mode, probably because I already had a plan figured out. I managed to beat chapters 3 and 4 on first try without losing even a single unit. Now I need to figure out my pairings and which second gen kids I'm going to use and which paralouges I'll only do for the EXP.

Last edited:

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
hey guys 1.1.5 is out right now so let's hit the lab! I wonder what they changed for corrin.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
They got rid of Corrins infinite grab.

Check out Xandu, there freaking out XD

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Wait what, another patch this fast? I really wasn't expecting one so soon.

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Corrin's counter got severely nerfed.
Also
fair 8.5 > 7.5
uair 10 > 9
nair: 8 > 7
And Dragon Fang Shot isn't as powerful fully charged.

Guess he was too good, eh fellas?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, this will likely be our last patch ever. I believe Sakurai said he'd only include a patch if there was something severe that needed to be addressed, and it seems Counter Surge and the infinite grab glitch aren't as problematic anymore.

That said, I'm kind of disappointed Counter Surge got nerfed. I'm not the biggest fan of counters, since they're high risk and don't usually feel that rewarding when you manage to land one. I hope this doesn't effect its viability as a kill move too much.

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Well, this will likely be our last patch ever. I believe Sakurai said he'd only include a patch if there was something severe that needed to be addressed, and it seems Counter Surge and the infinite grab glitch aren't as problematic anymore.

That said, I'm kind of disappointed Counter Surge got nerfed. I'm not the biggest fan of counters, since they're high risk and don't usually feel that rewarding when you manage to land one. I hope this doesn't effect its viability as a kill move too much.
Make no mistake, it's still a very potent kill move to have waiting in your back pocket. It's viable on the principle that no other counter in the game has as much coverage or sends people flying straight up.

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
On top of that, the poor prince now runs slower than OLIMAR. I can live with the lowered damage output but making his already subpar ground movement worse was not needed.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm gonna try to redo Conquest Chapter 24 without losing anyone when I get home from work and go from there. Hope for better results this time.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Guys, I was extremely worried about the nerf at Corrin's speed, so I made a test to check the difference and I'm surprised by the result, because the speed is exactly the same as before.
Here's the video proof (sorry for the potato quality):

I'm so happy now, I was worried all the morning thinking at a huge nerf lol

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Guys, I was extremely worried about the nerf at Corrin's speed, so I made a test to check the difference and I'm surprised by the result, because the speed is exactly the same as before.
Here's the video proof (sorry for the potato quality):

I'm so happy now, I was worried all the morning thinking at a huge nerf lol
Sorry bit it is confirmed in the data. His walk speed and run speed both have lower values than before... by 0.03. He's as slow as Olimar now

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Sorry bit it is confirmed in the data. His walk speed and run speed both have lower values than before... by 0.03. He's as slow as Olimar now
They reduced his speed by 0.03?
Uhm ok, that's looks like a useless change to me but thanks for the info!

Nah

Smash Champion
oh good it's only by .03

When I saw that her run speed was reduced I was really concerned

What about walk speed though? That also got reduced.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
What about walk speed though? That also got reduced.
To me looks the same, oh sorry, it was reduced by 0.00001, my bad.

Seriously, why they reduced his/her speed by 0.03 lol, it's such a useless change.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Damn, people sure like to oversell the doom and gloom when their character gets nerfed. At least the Cloud Social has bounced back already when we realized he didn't get any damning nerfs like extra lag.

Corrin seems to be in much the same boat. More combo potential, less damage. And that runspeed change is incredibly minimal. Granted, Corrin's runspeed is meh, but this arbitrary reduction is fairly meaningless. And it looks like Counter Surge will still be useful at high percents from what I've seen.

Corrin's still a good character. Overall, this is a pretty good patch.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I reached Chapter 23 in Conquest, which is the Great Wall one. So, any tips?
Carefully fly over the gap and take out the archers, and once they're all dead, ferry your units across and go in the back door. Going up to the front door is dangerous.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Damn, people sure like to oversell the doom and gloom when their character gets nerfed. At least the Cloud Social has bounced back already when we realized he didn't get any damning nerfs like extra lag.

Corrin seems to be in much the same boat. More combo potential, less damage. And that runspeed change is incredibly minimal. Granted, Corrin's runspeed is meh, but this arbitrary reduction is fairly meaningless. And it looks like Counter Surge will still be useful at high percents from what I've seen.

Corrin's still a good character. Overall, this is a pretty good patch.
The mobility thing got me, but I can live with that.

Counter having less active frames, though...

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I finally preordered a limited edition of Fates. :happysheep:

Now I just need to wait 2 months. :sadsheep:

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Carefully fly over the gap and take out the archers, and once they're all dead, ferry your units across and go in the back door. Going up to the front door is dangerous.
Basically, have my fliers act as ferries for the other units, right?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in other news, new Fire Emblem Fates 3DS menu themes will be released in Japan soon. Each theme features the most popular male and female characters from the popularity poll.

It's worth mentioning we finally have our first glimpse of Jakob and Oboro's proper official art from these new menu themes.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So in other news, new Fire Emblem Fates 3DS menu themes will be released in Japan soon. Each theme features the most popular male and female characters from the popularity poll.

It's worth mentioning we finally have our first glimpse of Jakob and Oboro's proper official art from these new menu themes.
Oboro, eh? It's OK Felicia, I still love you.

Unsurprised to see royals up there, especially Pineapple.

As a side note, we also have the most popular 2nd gens via Fates "Harvest Scramble" (or whatever they're calling it) leaks:

http://m.imgur.com/a/gSALV

For those interested.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oboro, eh? It's OK Felicia, I still love you.

Unsurprised to see royals up there, especially Pineapple.

As a side note, we also have the most popular 2nd gens via Fates "Harvest Scramble" (or whatever they're calling it) leaks.
Yep, Oboro was the 3rd most popular female in the popularity poll, while Felicia was ranked 11th among the females.

I was pretty happy that Oboro placed high. She was a memorable character for me in Birthright (and I paired her with Pineapple for the sweetest S-Support Conversation in the game). When she visits you when married with another unit, she acts adorable where she's all like, "Aw, you two look so cute together." It's like she wants to be the third wheel or something.

Even in Conquest so far, she still doesn't fail to impress me.
When Corrin confronts Oboro in Chapter 10, it will activate a special dialogue between the two. What I love about the dialogue between them in the chapter is Oboro's casual approach to Corrin. She's just like, "Hey there, I'm Oboro. Normally, I'd protect you since I'm one of Takumi's retainers, but since you side with Nohr, I gotta fight you for Takumi's sake. Corrin is just like, "Yeah, I understand... wait, what's with the face?" She replies, "Oh, that's just my angry face when I have to face a Nohrian." Corrin replies, "So strange."

^Note that this dialogue is paraphrased. It's not exact wording, but it's close.

It's just so casual and not what you expect. Considering her backstory, I was expecting her to explode with rage and be all like "Nohrian scum" just like Takumi does in that chapter. I only wonder if she'll still be this casual when I have to face Takumi again.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yep, Oboro was the 3rd most popular female in the popularity poll, while Felicia was ranked 11th among the females.

I was pretty happy that Oboro placed high. She was a memorable character for me in Birthright (and I paired her with Pineapple for the sweetest S-Support Conversation in the game). When she visits you when married with another unit, she acts adorable where she's all like, "Aw, you two look so cute together." It's like she wants to be the third wheel or something.

Even in Conquest so far, she still doesn't fail to impress me.
When Corrin confronts Oboro in Chapter 10, it will activate a special dialogue between the two. What I love about the dialogue between them in the chapter is Oboro's casual approach to Corrin. She's just like, "Hey there, I'm Oboro. Normally, I'd protect you since I'm one of Takumi's retainers, but since you side with Nohr, I gotta fight you for Takumi's sake. Corrin is just like, "Yeah, I understand... wait, what's with the face?" She replies, "Oh, that's just my angry face when I have to face a Nohrian." Corrin replies, "So strange."

^Note that this dialogue is paraphrased. It's not exact wording, but it's close.

It's just so casual and not what you expect. Considering her backstory, I was expecting her to explode with rage and be all like "Nohrian scum" just like Takumi does in that chapter. I only wonder if she'll still be this casual when I have to face Takumi again.
I also married her with Pineapple in Birthright, and it was wonderful. I paired her with Silas in Revelation, which was interesting, and definitely well-done, but not amazingly d'aww.

I wasn't sure what to think of her at first, but she really grew on me. Her "How do I look?" line and her laugh are pretty cute, and her character is very well done in general.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I only wonder if she'll still be this casual when I have to face Takumi again.
Oh boy, you're in for quite a heartbreak buddy. Personally, I wasn't all that big a fan of conquest's writing, in my opinion, it kind of took a nosedive in quality after chapter 13...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So, i just tested Corrin's run speed in 1.1.5 for myself, and honestly, i can't tell the difference. In fact, someone who doesn't check patch notes might not even notice that he's slightly slower.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mewtwo sucked away some of Corrin's speed and took it for himself.

I'm okay with this.

Top Bottom