• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My parents are out of town because of something that came up with my dad's work, so I'll have to wait until tonight to beg for Revelations.

Ah, whatever. I need to quit procrastinating and finish writing an essay for school anyway.
Which also means that I need to stop wasting time on internet forums.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
My parents are out of town because of something that came up with my dad's work, so I'll have to wait until tonight to beg for Revelations.

Ah, whatever. I need to quit procrastinating and finish writing an essay for school anyway.
Which also means that I need to stop wasting time on internet forums.
You and me both buddy:dizzy:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
The early revelations chapters were a pain, and I am on chapter 18 with only a few of my units promoted that are not pre promotes

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I decided to put my Revelation play through on hold and continue on with Conquest, which I finally managed to beat Chapter 10 on it. I currently sit at Chapter 12 at the moment.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I pre ordered revelation at Gamestop locally but have yet to receive my code via email. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ah yes, I heard Revelations was not exactly the best in balancing units. Can anyone clarify?
Although I do not have Revelations yet, I am told that many characters obtained later in the game are grossly underleveled to the extant that you have to level grind them in order to make them even remotely viable.

In fact, I hear the gameplay in general is balanced more sloppily than in Birthright or Conquest. I guess it's probably because they didn't have as much time to polish it or something.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A moment of silence for the Nohr retainers, who are unceremoniously shafted in Revelation to the point of being useless.

When Arthur and Effie are outclassed by Charlotte and Benny within the same chapter, you know there's no hope.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Just think of it as having an army of Mozus.

Weight-lifting, all-devouring Mozus of justice.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

"Fates is first week."

I know it's been said before that Fates had already outsold Awakening, but I didn't realize by this much.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, I'm about to start the infamous Chapter 10 of Conquest. Kept a few tips in mind regarding changing Felicia into a Strategist with the recent Heart Seal, and I bought the added Freeze Stave, as well as bought an Iron Lance for Silas and a Steel Lance for Effie (both reached the necessary weapon ranks to use them). Any other tips?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Wonderful, SmashBoards fails to notify me of new posts to this thread.

Anyway, i know that a lot of units join you low-leveld in Revelation but if you just focus on that, your only going to see the negatives. The way i see it is that Revelation gives you a lot of Est-Types. What is an Est-Type? An Est-Type is a character who usually joins mid to late game at a low level (usually lv.1) with bad base stats. However, when they are trained, they become some of the best units in the game. Some examples from previous games are Sophia and Nino. Most people don't bother training Est-Types just because it takes a while but those that do train them find out that they are amazing. And regarding the two Est-Types i mentioned, there's no grinding in their respective games, yet they're still usable and amazing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Anyway, i know that a lot of units join you low-leveld in Revelation but if you just focus on that, your only going to see the negatives. The way i see it is that Revelation gives you a lot of Est-Types. What is an Est-Type? An Est-Type is a character who usually joins mid to late game at a low level (usually lv.1) with bad base stats. However, when they are trained, they become some of the best units in the game. Some examples from previous games are Sophia and Nino. Most people don't bother training Est-Types just because it takes a while but those that do train them find out that they are amazing. And regarding the two Est-Types i mentioned, there's no grinding in their respective games, yet they're still usable and amazing.
The problem with having so many Est-Types is that unless you grind, you can't focus on training too many at once.

And grinding in RPGs just sucks. I know I hate it when a game forces me to grind.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, it's official. Fire Emblem has become my new favorite game series ever thanks to the epicness of Fates.

Arrei

Smash Lord
The problem with having so many Est-Types is that unless you grind, you can't focus on training too many at once.

And grinding in RPGs just sucks. I know I hate it when a game forces me to grind.
True - despite my earlier comment I ended up benching Mozu herself for other characters, as now that I'm going to have the entire cast sans a couple certain characters to play with the only thing she really has to offer me at this point is passing Aptitude to a child unit, and there'll be plenty of time for support grinding later.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Just wondering, when is it a good time to go after the child units? I currently have Caeldori, Sophie, and Asugi.

It took until Chapter 21, but Scarlet is my first unit to get a perfect level up! Who knew?
My first one was Elise in chapter 7. I was soooo happy!
My first perfect level up was Corrin on chapter 6 of Revaltion.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just wondering, when is it a good time to go after the child units? I currently have Caeldori, Sophie, and Asugi.
As a rule of thumb, I always save the children units I plan on using for last. Because of the offspring seal, you can basically get free levels without having to feed them precious experience points. This is especially important if you don't like to grind.

Of course, some paralouges are more difficult the longer you wait to complete them, so I guess it depends on the character to.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet

I disagree with this. For one, Sophia and Nino are generally considerably bottom 3 in their respective games (Nino less so when ranked play comes in, but still bad), and that's despite their Est-ness. "Usable" doesn't mean much. Furthermore, Est's tend to have amazing growths all across the board. Most Fates units have very specialized growths or rounded growths that fit in with their join time according to their original route. The only one who could be considered an Est, fittingly enough, is Hinoka.

Generally, the character balance in Revelations is the main thing keepin me from actually enjoying it, and that's really upsetting after the other routes fantastic unit balance. I actually felt disheartened from playing it was so bad. And it's not like it has the gameplay or map design of say, Binding Blade, to make up for it either.

(Also hi guys, been a while)

Anyway, ZeRo made a new tier list video, and Corrin's mentioned, if anyone wants to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32yUJ4Dv2pA&feature=youtu.be

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I disagree with this. For one, Sophia and Nino are generally considerably bottom 3 in their respective games (Nino less so when ranked play comes in, but still bad), and that's despite their Est-ness. "Usable" doesn't mean much. Furthermore, Est's tend to have amazing growths all across the board. Most Fates units have very specialized growths or rounded growths that fit in with their join time according to their original route. The only one who could be considered an Est, fittingly enough, is Hinoka.

Generally, the character balance in Revelations is the main thing keepin me from actually enjoying it, and that's really upsetting after the other routes fantastic unit balance. I actually felt disheartened from playing it was so bad. And it's not like it has the gameplay or map design of say, Binding Blade, to make up for it either.

(Also hi guys, been a while)

Anyway, ZeRo made a new tier list video, and Corrin's mentioned, if anyone wants to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32yUJ4Dv2pA&feature=youtu.be
I will admit, i didn't bother training Nino just because i was lazy but i have heard from others that she is great. Regarding Sophia, i speak from experience that she is amazing once promoted to Druid. Its just that she's a glass canon. Despite that, Sophia becomes an amazing part of the team. The main reason they are ranked bottom 3 (which i haven't heard anybody say that before) is because a lot of people don't really bother training Est-Types because they are either lazy or don't feel the need to. It's like with Roy in the Smash 4 tier list. He's low tier because Sethlon is the only one who really plays Roy. If a lot more professionals play Roy, he would be around Mid-Tier. Likewise, if a lot more people put in the time and effort to train Ests such as Sophia, they're opinions on them would change. Really, the only bad Est is Corpul because he joins as a lv.1 Priest in the second-to-last chapter in a game where you have to be lv.20 in order to promote. Also, i think Revelation has some pretty good map design. Yeah, it does borrow a lot from Birthright and Conquest but the ones that are exclusive to it are actually interesting such as Ch.7 where it's Fog of War done right.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
I will admit, i didn't bother training Nino just because i was lazy but i have heard from others that she is great. Regarding Sophia, i speak from experience that she is amazing once promoted to Druid. Its just that she's a glass canon. Despite that, Sophia becomes an amazing part of the team. The main reason they are ranked bottom 3 (which i haven't heard anybody say that before) is because a lot of people don't really bother training Est-Types because they are either lazy or don't feel the need to. It's like with Roy in the Smash 4 tier list. He's low tier because Sethlon is the only one who really plays Roy. If a lot more professionals play Roy, he would be around Mid-Tier. Likewise, if a lot more people put in the time and effort to train Ests such as Sophia, they're opinions on them would change. Really, the only bad Est is Corpul because he joins as a lv.1 Priest in the second-to-last chapter in a game where you have to be lv.20 in order to promote. Also, i think Revelation has some pretty good map design. Yeah, it does borrow a lot from Birthright and Conquest but the ones that are exclusive to it are actually interesting such as Ch.7 where it's Fog of War done right.
You're more likely to see them ranked lowly in forums dedicated to FE discussion, like Serenes or the reddit. The thing is most units, when trained up with favoritism, are actually pretty good. It's just that why wpuld I use a character who's bad at their start and decent later on, when I have a handful of other units who are better at the start and will be just as good if not better then the bad one? Ests still have the same caps as other units, they're not like an Ultima +1 sword or anything.

My problem with chapter 7 is that, due to it's lack of units available, it sort of turns MU into a super unit (level 13-14 at the end of the first map in the route is pretty kek worthy) without me even trying. That and it's gimmicky. The thorns and aura surrounding the bad pathways are a big warning sign, so the map is really straightforward with MU repeatedly choking points till the finish line. Which is boring, to me.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's been kind of weird. Because of Ch. 7, Corrine and Jakob are getting awful EXP from kills, leading to me primarily using them to tank or soften up enemies with the Dragonstone or a shuriken or two. Can't say I'm used to having the Lord character also be an Oifey.

D

Deleted member 189823

Any of you folk got a capture card? I really want to put up my Corrin matches.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
why wpuld I use a character who's bad at their start and decent later on,
Trying new things, maybe? First time i played Binding Blade, i benched Sophia but used her after finding out her potential, i began using her in my other playthroughs.

Yeah, it's been kind of weird. Because of Ch. 7, Corrine and Jakob are getting awful EXP from kills, leading to me primarily using them to tank or soften up enemies with the Dragonstone or a shuriken or two. Can't say I'm used to having the Lord character also be an Oifey.
I think its because of Corrin's Nobility skill. And because Nohr Prince/Princess is a base class, he'll get a ton of EXP. It useful but once Corrin promotes, Nobility stops being great. Aside from Corrin, the only other Lords that can be considered Oifeys are Sigurd and FE10 Ike.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Huh. Something tells me Ryoma and Takumi aren't very close brothers.

Ryoma's on the field in Revelation 13, and I sent Takumi into his range to see if they'd have any special dialogue as he did against Corrine and Kagero. Not only did Ryoma only give his brother the generic opponent dialogue, Takumi responds by landing a 7% critical on a 20% accuracy shot from his Fujin Yumi.

"Competitive", indeed...

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Huh. Something tells me Ryoma and Takumi aren't very close brothers.

Ryoma's on the field in Revelation 13, and I sent Takumi into his range to see if they'd have any special dialogue as he did against Corrine and Kagero. Not only did Ryoma only give his brother the generic opponent dialogue, Takumi responds by landing a 7% critical on a 20% accuracy shot from his Fujin Yumi.

"Competitive", indeed...
well Takumi would have been a swordsman if it's wasn't for Ryoma defeating him in a duel, which lead him to wield a regalia (legendary weapon if you guys don't know like falcion) however I'm sure he wouldn't be so freaking unstable as he is now if he got what he wanted, when I get Conquest next week chapter 10 is going to be FUN

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Can I just say that defend the space mission (Chapter 11 I think?) in Conquest can be an absolute ***** sometimes.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I will admit, i didn't bother training Nino just because i was lazy
Nino is generally considerably bottom 3 in her respective game
<-

But anyway, I normally try to train up my Est in each game because it always feels satisfying to train someone up who previously could barely do 2 damage to an enemy to becoming an absolute monster. I'm probably one of the few people who used Mozu on my first playthrough, and I was playing on Conquest Hard Mode. Also If you put in the effort, 99% of the time Nino will be better than Erk and Pent, just sayin', I got nino promoted in 3 chapters so... yeah

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
<-

But anyway, I normally try to train up my Est in each game because it always feels satisfying to train someone up who previously could barely do 2 damage to an enemy to becoming an absolute monster. I'm probably one of the few people who used Mozu on my first playthrough, and I was playing on Conquest Hard Mode. Also If you put in the effort, 99% of the time Nino will be better than Erk and Pent, just sayin', I got nino promoted in 3 chapters so... yeah
Hey, i've got nothing against Nino. The reason why i get lazy is because the chapter you recruit her in is a "defend" mission with Fog of War and i didn't want to risk it. Then in Ch.26x, i manage to level up Nino a few times (she's required in that map) but then Ch.27 happens where you have to rout the enemy and there's like 50 of them and more spawn when you get to certain points of the map, so i just give up on training Nino. I really want to use her in future playthroughs though. If Sophia and Lilina have taught me anything, its that magic-based Ests are top-tier (unless your name is Corpul).

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Hey, i've got nothing against Nino. The reason why i get lazy is because the chapter you recruit her in is a "defend" mission with Fog of War and i didn't want to risk it. Then in Ch.26x, i manage to level up Nino a few times (she's required in that map) but then Ch.27 happens where you have to rout the enemy and there's like 50 of them and more spawn when you get to certain points of the map, so i just give up on training Nino. I really want to use her in future playthroughs though. If Sophia and Lilina have taught me anything, its that magic-based Ests are top-tier (unless your name is Corpul).
I was joking about being triggered. In Hector Hard Mode, Ch.27 is entirely made up of magic units, Like Shamans, Druids, Sages, and... Valkries. So I was able to solo the map with Farina, Erk and Nino. And I had everyone else chill at the starting point to deal with Vaida and her wyvern riders. I've never been able to use Sophia but I know that Lilana is definitely a good unit.

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Now alternating between Hard Mode Conquest and my blind Hard Mode Revelation run. Here goes nothing!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Aw yeah, it's here!

(I respect Alpha a lot for not going for the dumb and obvious Corrin in the House memes)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
At long last. It's here

I've never been able to use Sophia
The hard part about training Sophia is that she joins you in a desert chapter. And you have to beat that chapter in 25 turns if you want to go to the sidequest that gives you Forblaze. So what i usually do is train Sophia in Ch.14x. There's a Druid with Eclipse and what i do is that i have him waste his Eclipse, then surround him so that he can't move. Then i have Sophia slowly kill him. I also do the same thing to some of the Archers, except i don't have them waste they're arrows because that takes too long. Instead, i just surround them so they can't attack or escape while Sophia slowly drains they're souls. By the time i'm done with Ch.14x, she's usually around lv.8.

Edit: Dang it, Zantetsugun Zantetsugun beat me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom