• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Marrying within family including your own siblings was something royalty did back in the day... It obviously had it's problems... Thinking one of Spain's noble families was heavily affected by inbreeding. Anyway, Fire Emblem has done this before and it kind of makes sense since the series is based in medieval and almost renaissance eras.
But wasn't that all political or whatnot?
Fire Emblem: Fates is taking characters who consider each other siblings, marrying them together, and dressing it up as actual romance. It doesn't sit well with me, especially when it flat out contradicts the game's themes.
As for Hoshido siblings... There was a study about how growing up with people perceived as family does make it so we don't consider them anymore than family or friends. Considering how many people are in this world, there are times people end up falling for their siblings or relatives because they grew up apart like they were adopted separately or they just didn't know they were family because they were so distant. The Westermarck effect is what it was called.
Yeah, I'm familiar with that.
If anything, the Westermarck effect is why I'm so upset about the idea of Corrin marrying the likes of Elise, who was apparently born recently after Corrin was brought to Nohr.
If it's any consolation, I'm currently torn on whether I should have my dragon get together with Soleil. Apparently doing only a little research wasn't the best idea when it came to finding out about her. The whole controversy isn't as crazy bad as I thought it was(though it still has a few highly questionable things about her whole character). Mostly it got blown out of proportion because of a uninformed tumblr user instantly screaming homophobia. Probably gonna give her a go anyways since I just really like her design too much(low reasoning points activate!) also in hopes that the US translation team can localize the convos better.
I wouldn't worry about that. Nintendo already confirmed they're changing that specific support, at least.

D

Deleted member 189823

To be quite honest, as
I try not to complain about Fates too much, but I'm being haunted by a sleepless night again...I was just laying in bed for an hour an a half, trying to sleep and letting my brain wonder, and it kept going back to FE:Fates, and not the parts I'm excited for. I need to get this off my chest.

I'm still extremely salty about Corrin being able to S-rank is supposed siblings. The game is supposed to have themes of family, and the Nohrian royals are supposed to consider themselves family...but how am I supposed to take that seriously when Corrin has the option to marry his 10-year-old sister? And in Hoshido - Hinoka spent years training to rescue her kidnapped baby brother, only to fall in love with him and marry him? What kind of sick tale is that?

What bothers me most, though, is that by getting the game, I feel like I'd be telling IS that it's okay. But I'm not okay with it at all. I don't want to see a future of Fire Emblem ruining its plot and killing its characterization for the sake of stupid fanservice, but it's already done that. I can take swimsuit DLC. I can take skinship. I can take Camilla's embarrassing CG custcene. I'm reluctant, but those are all minor things that I can put behind me in the end. But making a character marry someone he sees as his child sister is taking it too dang far. What happened to the deep story we were promised? Was that only something to the side, to compliment the waifu fanservice? The idea behind the Nohr route is that you don't have to be blood related to be family - and yet it's that they aren't blood related that they use to justify marriage. It drives me mad.

I think I'm only getting Conquest. Not Revelations. My sister is getting Birthright, so I might try that. But jeez, how did IS become the mess it is now? If there are people on the staff who are opposed to FE's new direction as well, why haven't they been able to do more? Did they really fear that the game would of been able to sell if the protagonist couldn't marry is freaking family? I know that the franchise needs to be taking this direction to be successful, but why can't they find a way to do it while still pleasing the game's old fans as well? They can still do waifus and pandering and whatnot without interfering with the story's themes, but they didn't. I don't see what was so hard about not letting Corrin S-support his siblings. The worst I see is a few angry fanboys upset that they couldn't of S-supported Camilla, but there would of been far less controversy in the long run. I just don't see what was so hard about keeping both the old and new fanbases happy at the same time. One shouldn't have to come at the expense of the other.

...I'm sorry. I know most of you here don't seem to have serious problems with the game. I just...I've been torn on it ever since it released in Japan. From its early promotion and initial reveal, it all seemed so promising. I kind of feel betrayed, in a way.

...This is what happens when I can't sleep...
To be quite honest, as an old fan to another, I'm glad another person feels this way. Ever since Awakening, the series has been taking shots at their own integrity just to appeal to a casual minority. Apparently they needed that step for the sake of the series' survival. Waifu Simulator, a drastic change in the character designs (particularly quite a few female designs, even in the respective classes) and even a whole new change in the game's difficulty that only makes it seem as a watered-down what we were used to. I'm still a little butt-hurt over the fanservicy route the series has been taking, but I seem to cast it aside once I settle down, play the game and remember that it still has the elements we consider Fire Emblem.

I hope they'll go back to the traditional formula that doesn't involve flashing supposed female "warrior" running around in their underwear.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Annnnnd Setsuna's quirky and derpy. Think I found my favorite character in Fates. :p

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To be quite honest, as an old fan to another, I'm glad another person feels this way. Ever since Awakening, the series has been taking shots at their own integrity just to appeal to a casual minority. Apparently they needed that step for the sake of the series' survival. Waifu Simulator, a drastic change in the character designs (particularly quite a few female designs, even in the respective classes) and even a whole new change in the game's difficulty that only makes it seem as a watered-down what we were used to. I'm still a little butt-hurt over the fanservicy route the series has been taking, but I seem to cast it aside once I settle down, play the game and remember that it still has the elements we consider Fire Emblem.

I hope they'll go back to the traditional formula that doesn't involve flashing supposed female "warrior" running around in their underwear.
Well, the casual minority isn't the minority anymore. They're a good chunk of the fanbase now.

They supposedly fixed up the gameplay a bunch since Awakening, and the Nohr route at least is supposed to be challenging and varied. The new pair up mechanic actually seems really interesting, to. They said they're still trying to appeal to the series' older fans, but I think they missed the point where gameplay wasn't the only thing we cared about.

Actually, I'll be honest here. I actually wasn't an FE fan for a little while before Awakening happened. I was still pretty new, actually. Sacred Stones hard mode was still my idea of challenging. But somehow, I ended up finding myself relating with the older fans more.

We're far from the only ones who feel this way, and there are some who are even more upset than we are. I've already met some FE veterans who feel so alienated that they're avoiding Fates altogether. There's also some who hate the idea of the game, but are getting it anyway out of loyalty to the franchise, like a competitive Melee player buying Brawl despite the fact that they know they won't enjoy it as much in the end. It's kind of sad.

I just hope that the next FE game can pull as Smash 4 and please (mostly) everyone. I think Fates was trying to do that with Conquest and Birthright, but they'll need more than just gameplay to make everyone happy.

Edit: My sleep-deprived self is an emotional roller coaster. I just found out about clickpooler and now I'm all giddy for some reason. Funny, considering that I usually consider myself pretty calm.
...I don't know why I just can't sleep on some nights. Definitely not the computer. I went nearly two hours with it turned off..

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Well, the casual minority isn't the minority anymore. They're a good chunk of the fanbase now.

They supposedly fixed up the gameplay a bunch since Awakening, and the Nohr route at least is supposed to be challenging and varied. The new pair up mechanic actually seems really interesting, to. They said they're still trying to appeal to the series' older fans, but I think they missed the point where gameplay wasn't the only thing we cared about.

Actually, I'll be honest here. I actually wasn't an FE fan for a little while before Awakening happened. I was still pretty new, actually. Sacred Stones hard mode was still my idea of challenging. But somehow, I ended up finding myself relating with the older fans more.

We're far from the only ones who feel this way, and there are some who are even more upset than we are. I've already met some FE veterans who feel so alienated that they're avoiding Fates altogether. There's also some who hate the idea of the game, but are getting it anyway out of loyalty to the franchise, like a competitive Melee player buying Brawl despite the fact that they know they won't enjoy it as much in the end. It's kind of sad.

I just hope that the next FE game can pull as Smash 4 and please (mostly) everyone. I think Fates was trying to do that with Conquest and Birthright, but they'll need more than just gameplay to make everyone happy.
You can consider Awakening a new beginning of sorts, and right now they are retaking their first baby steps with Fates. Like you said, they are trying to appeal to the older fan base, but they are probably still a little loss on how to proceed since aAwakening both saved the series AND made the most sales than any single FE game prior.

Edit*
I myself only played a little Sacred Stones before I got Awakening, and while I think Awakening did introduce a nice breath of life into the series, I can also understand how some of the older fans are feeling right now. Heck, my cousin sitting right next to me is an old time Fire Emblem fan and is hoping Fates gameplay is at least back to how it was in the older installations which I agree with him on. Typing on a tablet is now near the top of things I dislike doing.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Corrin marrying his Nohr sister is something I thought was going to be censured tbh. Me, personally, I'm happy its in there cause that is my first planned route.

When it comes to gamepay, i just hope the game is balanced around pair up this time, and that lunatic lets me at least use my early game units outside of the pre-promoted unit.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
From my experience,:4myfriends: beats Corrin pretty solidly. I'd also say :4ness:, :4cloud:and :4mewtwo:also beat him.
Corrin has a hard time with small characters because she can't hit them. You need to dtilt to launch them up to do anything. It's really annoying.

Edit ff Nair is OK too but not safe on sheild so...

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I try not to complain about Fates too much, but I'm being haunted by a sleepless night again...I was just laying in bed for an hour an a half, trying to sleep and letting my brain wonder, and it kept going back to FE:Fates, and not the parts I'm excited for. I need to get this off my chest.

I'm still extremely salty about Corrin being able to S-rank is supposed siblings. The game is supposed to have themes of family, and the Nohrian royals are supposed to consider themselves family...but how am I supposed to take that seriously when Corrin has the option to marry his 10-year-old sister? And in Hoshido - Hinoka spent years training to rescue her kidnapped baby brother, only to fall in love with him and marry him? What kind of sick tale is that?

What bothers me most, though, is that by getting the game, I feel like I'd be telling IS that it's okay. But I'm not okay with it at all. I don't want to see a future of Fire Emblem ruining its plot and killing its characterization for the sake of stupid fanservice, but it's already done that. I can take swimsuit DLC. I can take skinship. I can take Camilla's embarrassing CG custcene. I'm reluctant, but those are all minor things that I can put behind me in the end. But making a character marry someone he sees as his child sister is taking it too dang far. What happened to the deep story we were promised? Was that only something to the side, to compliment the waifu fanservice? The idea behind the Nohr route is that you don't have to be blood related to be family - and yet it's that they aren't blood related that they use to justify marriage. It drives me mad.

I think I'm only getting Conquest. Not Revelations. My sister is getting Birthright, so I might try that. But jeez, how did IS become the mess it is now? If there are people on the staff who are opposed to FE's new direction as well, why haven't they been able to do more? Did they really fear that the game would of been able to sell if the protagonist couldn't marry is freaking family? I know that the franchise needs to be taking this direction to be successful, but why can't they find a way to do it while still pleasing the game's old fans as well? They can still do waifus and pandering and whatnot without interfering with the story's themes, but they didn't. I don't see what was so hard about not letting Corrin S-support his siblings. The worst I see is a few angry fanboys upset that they couldn't of S-supported Camilla, but there would of been far less controversy in the long run. I just don't see what was so hard about keeping both the old and new fanbases happy at the same time. One shouldn't have to come at the expense of the other.

...I'm sorry. I know most of you here don't seem to have serious problems with the game. I just...I've been torn on it ever since it released in Japan. From its early promotion and initial reveal, it all seemed so promising. I kind of feel betrayed, in a way.

...This is what happens when I can't sleep...
I can try to clear up somethings about the marriages here. The marriages in this game are actually just a side part of the game. Its not like in Genealogy of the Holy War where marriage was a main part of the game (with consequences if 1st gen units failed to marry). The game has an emphasis on family but, while i did say marriage is a side feature, marriage is about making new family. Regarding the fact that you can marry Elise, she's probably gotten an age increase (her English voice being a key indicator). As for being able to marry your Hoshidian siblings
the spoiler name probably gave it away, but none of Hoshidian siblings are blood-related either. I know you said you didn't like the fact that they're justifying it with the "Not blood-related" thing but at least they're not your actual blood-related sibling. Corrin's true sibling is Lilith but she's an NPC.
But i can assure you that the deep story you were promised is still there. 3 of them. If marriages really were interfering with the game's plot, we'd see a lot more of it in the plot. I hope this cleared some things up for you.

To be quite honest, as

While i do see the point of the classic fans, no offense to the classic fans, i get tired of them using the term "waifu simulator". I said this a few pages back but nobody aside from Etika really takes the whole "waifu" things seriously. "Waifus" is mainly used as a meme. The "waifu wars" are just a fun little thing to kill time. And remember, "waifu wars" happen everywhere, not just in Fire Emblem. Regarding the female character designs, while i do prefer the older games's design of them, the new designs don't really bother me that much. As for the difficulty......yeah, Awakening kinda messed up on that *cough* Lunatic+ *cough*. But Fates seems to be improving on its difficulty department, especially with Conquest. I've heard that Conquest has some really hard chapters but they are satisfying when you beat them and they don't feel like a chore. Casual and Phoenix mode don't bother me that much either since i know that not everyone is a good strategist. Overall, i see Fates as another great addition to the Fire Emblem franchise.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
while we're on the topic of other FE games, what FE game would you recommend a beginner to play? this may sound stupid, but i've never played a fire emblem game in my life, despite having corrin as one of my most played characters. it can't be awakening since my 3ds screen cracked a couple months ago.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
ok, after playing corrin a lot lately, i have to say corrin is even better than i thought due to his/her fantastic mix up game in the neutral. i could definitely see corrin being high tier atm. im pretty sure there will be patches and that the counter as well as the tip of side-b are going to get nerfed. but they must not make corrin more laggy or give the side-b more start up...if that happens i'll be very sad and corrin will be much worse after that. pls,sakurai. if you read this,don't.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
while we're on the topic of other FE games, what FE game would you recommend a beginner to play? this may sound stupid, but i've never played a fire emblem game in my life, despite having corrin as one of my most played characters. it can't be awakening since my 3ds screen cracked a couple months ago.
If you have a Wii U, you can get either Fire Emblem or Sacred Stones on the eShop. Both are great games, but Sacred Stones is slightly easier.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Rekka no Ken
AKA
Fire Emblem
It's on Wii U's GBA Virtual Console.
Sacred Stones too.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'll recommend you Sacred Stones, it was my first Fire Emblem and I love it.
It has good story, classic Fire Emblem gameplay and on easy mode is not that hard so you can enjoy it even if you're a new player.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Thracia 776:yeahboi:

Nah, i'd say if you want to play any game before awakening, Fire Emblem 7 is the best to start with (In japan, it's called fire emblem the blazing sword, but in the localized versions it doesn't have a subtitle, so most people either refer to it as blazing sword, rekka no ken or 7) It's for the GBA, I played it via emulator but if you don't want to feel like a filthy pirate you can get it on Wii U virtual console.

My personal favorite in the series as well

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So I just killed a DK at 70 with Counter Surge.
I love this move so much. It's so stupid strong.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Either of the Fire Emblem games on Wii U virtual console. Both are great although i'd recommend Sword of Flame (Fire Emblem) more. If you really like Sword of Flame and want to play its sequel, you'll have to get a GBA emulator and find an English ROM of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.

Side note: The Binding Blade is currently my favorite Fire Emblem game.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
FE7, aka Fire Emblem for English release name, as recommended above is my recommenation as well for a first fire emblem game.

The waifu simulator talk is silly. The main reason its called that is because "you" as a character can marry anyone. The character depth is still the same as older FEs, minus Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
The Binding Blade is currently my favorite Fire Emblem game.
I respectfully disagree, Binding Blade is my least favorite game in the series. The music is mostly made up of tracks from Geneology of the holy war, and would later be remixed (for the better) in Blazing Sword. The story is pretty generic for a fire emblem, though to it's credit Zephiel and Idoun are really cool villans. The game is constantly throwing new characters at you, but most of them are worthless and/or really boring personality wise. Speaking of worthless, how about Roy, the Lord who immediately becomes dead weight once you get to chapter 13. And let's not forget the
terrible RNG, most of the time I would make it to a boss, get hit by a critical, then have to restart the chapter all over again.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I respectfully disagree, Binding Blade is my least favorite game in the series. The music is mostly made up of tracks from Geneology of the holy war, and would later be remixed (for the better) in Blazing Sword. The story is pretty generic for a fire emblem, though to it's credit Zephiel and Idoun are really cool villans. The game is constantly throwing new characters at you, but most of them are worthless and/or really boring personality wise. Speaking of worthless, how about Roy, the Lord who immediately becomes dead weight once you get to chapter 13. And let's not forget the terrible RNG, most of the time I would make it to a boss, get hit by a critical, then have to restart the chapter all over again.
Roy is actually a decent lord. His stat growths are decent. Its just the RNG never gives it to him. And good weapons are expensive and rare so Roy gets stuck with an Iron Sword. Its not his fault. As for the music tracks, its only the recruitment theme and the arena theme that are Genealogy tracks. Most of the soundtrack is original. I'm also gonna have to disagree on the character part. I like most of their personalites and, aside from BS RNG, none of them have ever really failed me. But Binding Blade does have its flaws which is why i'm hoping for a remake. Although if you want more character development from Roy, you can find that in the Hasha no Tsurugi manga. But i respect your opinion.

IMO, the worst lord in the series is FE5 Leif.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
IMO, the worst lord in the series is FE5 Leif.
Statistically, maybe, but I quite liked him as a character. He's more "ordinary" than the others - he isn't some great hero who saves the entire world, and he actually makes mistakes that sometimes cost him important battles (in any other game, the lord would have had a moment of genius and won the battle of Tahra, for example).

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Roy is actually a decent lord. His stat growths are decent. Its just the RNG never gives it to him. And good weapons are expensive and rare so Roy gets stuck with an Iron Sword. Its not his fault.
Fair enough, his growth rates are basically Eliwood's, but with slightly less resistance and more luck. Still doesn't help how late he promotes and how sword characters aren't all that useful after you're done with the west isles.
I'm also gonna have to disagree on the character part. I like most of their personalites and, aside from BS RNG, none of them have ever really failed me.
There were some ones that I really liked, namely Hugh, Gonzales and Raigh. It's probably just me, but I felt like some of the support conversations were a bit boring, not all of them though, the Gonzales ones were hilarious. Also I just didn't like that a lot of the characters were really weak for the chapters you recruit them, like miniature ests.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Statistically, maybe, but I quite liked him as a character. He's more "ordinary" than the others - he isn't some great hero who saves the entire world, and he actually makes mistakes that sometimes cost him important battles (in any other game, the lord would have had a moment of genius and won the battle of Tahra, for example).
Yeah, as a character, Leif is fine but as a unit......no. HOWEVER, he may be the worst lord statistically, but that doesn't mean his my least favorite. I like characters that have flaws in either they're personality or stats. That's why i like Roy. That's why i like Leif. That's why i like Corrin, Marth, the Renais twins and Ike. And that's why I don't like Sigurd. Sigurd has no weakness in his personality or stats
no, being invited to a nice barbecue by head chef Arvis doesn't count
. Even though I don't like Sigurd, i mean no offense to the people who like him. I just find Sigurd to be extremely overrated IMO.

Fair enough, his growth rates are basically Eliwood's, but with slightly less resistance and more luck. Still doesn't help how late he promotes and how sword characters aren't all that useful after you're done with the west isles.

There were some ones that I really liked, namely Hugh, Gonzales and Raigh. It's probably just me, but I felt like some of the support conversations were a bit boring, not all of them though, the Gonzales ones were hilarious. Also I just didn't like that a lot of the characters were really weak for the chapters you recruit them, like miniature ests.
To be fair, a few of lords promote late. Assuming you got all the divine weapons, Roy promotes 4 chapters before you beat the game (Ch.22, 23, 24 and Endgame). The Renais twins promote 5 chapters before you beat the game (Ch.17, 18, 19, 20, endgame). I agree with the characters being weak when you recruit them but after you train them a bit, they become amazing. Lilina and Sophia are two examples. Also, are sword characters really not that useful after Western Isles? I don't remember there being a ton of lance units.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
Leif's not so bad if you ask LTC players, evidently. Though I haven't played much of Thracia myself, it being staff emblem has me questioning Leif as the worst lord in the series. Personally I think it's SD!Marth, but forged rapiers are a thing.

I also have things to say about the whole sibling marriage thing in Fates, but I'll leave it short since I believe people are tired about the topic. My main thing on it is the only one I really dislike as a marriage option is Elise, and not just for her young age either (which was disproven to be 10, but still way young). Even after you marry her, it seemed to me that she still sees you as her brother, which isn't really the case with any of the other siblings.

In other news, someone made custom Corrin sprites based on their Smash palettes: http://xgracigloo.tumblr.com/post/138883156074/hey-guys-after-doing-edits-of-robins-smash

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Corrin not having to commit, what else is new?

Seriously though, Corrin never seems to have to commit in anyway. It's pretty ridiculous. I see the only potential issue with him/her being his/her speed on the ground.

But that neutral game is ridiculous. S/he basically just brick walls people.

Corrin probably takes the least commitment of any character in Smash 4. I'd say s/he is on par with Sheik, but Sheik at least needs to commit to get a kill. Corrin doesn't. F Smash is pretty safe on shield if you space it.

I have started pocketing Corrin just because of how annoying it is to fight against Corrin with anyone else. It almost feels like you have to be a Corrin to punish a Corrin's mistakes because Corrin is the only one with the range for an appropriate punish.
Nobody blew you up for this at the time, but this is one of the most blatantly incorrect things I've seen posted about Corrin. It defies literally all understanding of frame data.

Corrin's aerials are relatively safe as long as you space so that you cannot get shield-grabbed (-1 to +1 vs. Shield drop). Almost all of Sheik's aerials are just as safe (or safer) and they all come out SIGNIFICANTLY faster and have more practical hitboxes for actually landing into someone's shield.

Sheik does not need to commit to get a kill, and saying that tells me you just straight up don't watch (or understand) her top level play. There are no risks in attempting D-throw Uair, barely any risk in Bouncing Fish, no risk in attempting Air needles -> BFish.

Corrin's forward Smash is NOT safe on shield at ALL, it's -28 if you tipper it. Punishable by dash attack or dash grab by almost every character.

Yes, Dragon Lunge is an excellent move, and it is difficult to punish for many characters if you kick away, but doing so rapidly gives up stage space which you need to have room to MAKE it safe without putting yourself on the ledge or offstage.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Well, looks like we're not getting patches anymore!

COUNTER SURGE WILL ALWAYS BE INSANE!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
As usual, people are fiending for video views and over-extrapolating.

Sakurai said that he PERSONALLY is finished with Smash 4 dev.

We already knew from the Bayo/Corrin direct that this was the last CONTENT patch.

There has been nothing that explicitly disconfirms the possibility of NamcoBandai's balance team continuing to put out patches with bugfixes and/or balance tweaks.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
They are but i prefer there Awakening appearnce where they could use Tomes, Axes, and Swords.
Then again, Swords and tomes are part of the same slot in Fates' weapon triangle. At least, in this game, they now cover the entire triangle, since lances share their slots with the hidden weapons (knives and shurikens).

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
As usual, people are fiending for video views and over-extrapolating.

Sakurai said that he PERSONALLY is finished with Smash 4 dev.

We already knew from the Bayo/Corrin direct that this was the last CONTENT patch.

There has been nothing that explicitly disconfirms the possibility of NamcoBandai's balance team continuing to put out patches with bugfixes and/or balance tweaks.
I've not said "No more patches" but I said "Looks like we're not getting patches anymore!" infact I wasn't sure by myself if this was true, I just spread a little the news.

And well, the original title of the video was "No more patches" instead of "Development over", so originally the title was a little misleading.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Then again, Swords and tomes are part of the same slot in Fates' weapon triangle. At least, in this game, they now cover the entire triangle, since lances share their slots with the hidden weapons (knives and shurikens).
Don't they only have Swords and Shurikens in Fates? That doesn't really cover the full triangle.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Cool. I'm betting Velour will be Velvet.
The only weird thing about the name is that a Selkie is a mythical creature that resembles a seal in the water but assumes human form on land.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've not said "No more patches" but I said "Looks like we're not getting patches anymore!" infact I wasn't sure by myself if this was true, I just spread a little the news.

And well, the original title of the video was "No more patches" instead of "Development over", so originally the title was a little misleading.
I wasn't pointing fingers at you. Quite the opposite. I was talking about all the gaming sites that take what he said out of context for video views.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
Don't they only have Swords and Shurikens in Fates? That doesn't really cover the full triangle.
No, they have axes, same as in Awakening. You might be thinking of the elite ninja promotion.

Dread fighters having more then swords is weird in the first place, as in Gaiden they didn't have anything else. If they had given them bows in Awakening, at least that would make some sense because of Alm's promotion. Ah well.

Top Bottom