• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
She's not required. You can kill her as an enemy unit if you want.
Her daughter is probably one of the best children though. The only Archer character I got any real use out of.

By the by, has anyone found a combo for Corrin's Dragon Ascent? Angled straight up, I feel it has viability to be a really good move to close out stocks.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Her daughter is probably one of the best children though. The only Archer character I got any real use out of.

By the by, has anyone found a combo for Corrin's Dragon Ascent? Angled straight up, I feel it has viability to be a really good move to close out stocks.
I've gotta a few kills off of Uair -> DA. Not sure if always reliable but I've gotten it to work.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Ok so I went into training mode and did stuff, and the lowest % I could get Mewtwo to die to uncharged tipper Fsmash at dead center stage was 85%. So it's probably not unfeasible that you could've died to it at 77. Being slightly left or right of the exact center of the stage, DI, possible weird hurtbox contortions, and possibly varying side blastzone differences between stages may account for why you died sooner than that.
Hmmm... So that's why. I don't know what to complain about then. Mewtwo's ridiculous weight or Corrin's ridiculous strength. Maybe both.

In any case, my next step is to storm the Bayonetta boards to keep b*tching about how absolutely broken she is right away. Thanks for your time! :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No, he didn't charge it in the slightest. I really don't understand why that thing hit me so freaking hard.
I kill people with a sweetspotted F-smash at, like, 80% all the time. It's a bit harder to land than you'd think, but it's pretty rewarding.
Hmmm... So that's why. I don't know what to complain about then. Mewtwo's ridiculous weight or Corrin's ridiculous strength. Maybe both.
Don't waste time and energy complaining, it'll do nothing to help you or anyone else. If you want to get better as a Mewtwo main, than you have to learn to except his weight and deal with it.

Edit: Hey, what do you know, ZeRo just made a video about it.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I kill people with a sweetspotted F-smash at, like, 80% all the time. It's a bit harder to land than you'd think, but it's pretty rewarding.Don't waste time and energy complaining, it'll do nothing to help you or anyone else. If you want to get better as a Mewtwo main, than you have to learn to except his weight and deal with it.

Edit: Hey, what do you know, ZeRo just made a video about it.
Hahaha, I was only kidding buddy :) I usually get salty when I lose but I know there are reasons. Mewtwo's weight is just something I know and must deal with.

No offense, but you couldn't have chosen a worse video to show me. I can't stand ZeRo hahaha

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just made a Captain Falcon rage quit after I countered his knee and send him flying along with his last stock.

It was beautiful. <3

DrakTheJay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Drak12
3DS FC
1762-2757-4092
I literally JUST found out that charging Corrin's side smash does damage... Boy, do I feel dumb.

On the plus side, I made a Bayo ragequit after I countered their Usmash while I was Witchtimed.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hahaha, I was only kidding buddy :) I usually get salty when I lose but I know there are reasons. Mewtwo's weight is just something I know and must deal with
Alright, good.

I'm just sick of people complaining about Mewtwo's weight all the time as if it's the only trait he has.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Anyone here able to remove the white in my sig rotator images? There's 10 pics and you'll be greatly rewarded for them. ;D

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Anyone here able to remove the white in my sig rotator images? There's 10 pics and you'll be greatly rewarded for them. ;D
Oh, blast! I was just about to take you up on that offer(well, at least before Bedoop showed up), but then I remembered that I'm actually using a new computer. I haven't gotten around to transferring Photoshop from my old one yet, and it's going to be awhile before I can.

Take this instead?
IOU.png

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, blast! I was just about to take you up on that offer(well, at least before Bedoop showed up), but then I remembered that I'm actually using a new computer. I haven't gotten around to transferring Photoshop from my old one yet, and it's going to be awhile before I can.

Take this instead?
You're adorable.

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
HUH. I know a bunch of you probably already know this because you’re more hardcore than me, but…

You can recover from a dair offstage if you did so on the top of your first jump and hold BACK while doing your up b. The up b naturally goes forward and kills vertical distance. If you hold back from the direction you’re recovering from, you can increase it to almost a Marth dolphin slash.

It's just fun to discover crap like this on your own, you know.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Ermergerd its shadowofchaos725 shadowofchaos725 But about corrin. I really think he has the potential to be high tier but the lowest i see is mid. She has amazing combo's imo and great kill options. Her side B is going to carry her meta IMO.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's so interesting how unique the side-b feels. Having on-command mix ups with so many uses is amazing.

And is it wrong of me to hope we don't get anymore balance patches so that Counter Surge stays so ridiculously strong? :shades:

Also funny: Currently there's a "If you could only have 4 DLC characters which ones would you keep?" And every response has Corrin in it so far.

"Waste of a slot", "too many Framblem" my ass. :seuss::awesome:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Hey guys I've been enjoying Corrin but now I'm thinking of a secondary to go with him. Depending if I got some money which would be better as a sub for Corrin, Ryu or Cloud? Also anyone here know if Ryu's inputs are hard to do on the 3DS? If I don't get any money (likely) whats another good secondary IYO for Corrin?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hey guys I've been enjoying Corrin but now I'm thinking of a secondary to go with him. Depending if I got some money which would be better as a sub for Corrin, Ryu or Cloud? Also anyone here know if Ryu's inputs are hard to do on the 3DS? If I don't get any money (likely) whats another good secondary IYO for Corrin?
Cloud is outstanding, but if you REALLY want to work hard at your secondary Ryu has a bit higher reward. Both are good though. Cloud feels more satisfying on average, because of his ease of access.

But them FA True Shoryus tho...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Is there a reason why you keep changing your signature to different Fates characters?
I think it's some sorta Forum Magic that actually changes the image (Possibly Randomly but IDK) every time you load in the page
IDK the specifics :drshrug:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I had no plans to main Corrin before, because I doubted I'd be able to juggle three mains at once and still keep improving at the same rate with Mewtwo and Charizard that I am, but...

I've been playing Corrin obsessively ever since she came out. I've been going to For Glory every day(I'm not ready to bring her to anther's ladder), and I've been playing her through all of lunch time and on the entirety of the way home on the bus. That's exactly how I treated the Mewtwo DLC when it first came out - I just couldn't get my mind off him.

I think I might actually squeeze her in as a third main after all. I'm still far too dedicated to give up Charizard and Mewtwo for her, but I still really love Corrin to.
I think it's some sorta Forum Magic that actually changes the image (Possibly Randomly but IDK) every time you load in the page
IDK the specifics :drshrug:
I knew a site that'd randomize images for you, but I forgot how to find it looooooooong ago.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I find it funny that absolutely everyone but me refers to Corrin as a "she", hahaha. No one's paying attention to the male version, which in my eyes is the main presentation of the character.

I just changed my point of view on Corrin. He's a nice character to have around, but I think they should have waited for Smash 5 to add him. Oh well... Now if someone was nice enough to give it to me as a gift... I don't have an American debit/credit card, only dollars in cash... :(

Last edited:

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
Jab combo kills, up-b kills, side-b kills and is a great movement option, down-b sure as **** kills, neutral b kills, all smashes kill, up-air kills, down-air is a suicide spike (people are already finding ways to survive it). So basically everything kills.

Why, Rito. Why.

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
Hello, I am a lurker and a Kirby main but I also like Corrin a lot, I would like to contribute to this board but I don't have the experience yet to make good info, I will view this board regularly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I find it funny that absolutely everyone but me refers to Corrin as a "she", hahaha. No one's paying attention to the male version, which in my eyes is the main presentation of the character.

I just changed my point of view on Corrin. He's a nice character to have around, but I think they should have waited for Smash 5 to add him. Oh well... Now if someone was nice enough to give it to me as a gift... I don't have an American debit/credit card, only dollars in cash... :(
The female Corrin was the more popular character in Fates if the official popularity poll is any indication. Most likely for better supports and being able to get 2 kids

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
...I feel like I'm the only person who exclusively uses male Corrin.

Anywho, did you guys know you can fire off an uncharged Dragon Fang Shot then push and hold the button again to charge the hand's bite follow-up? I think you have about a quarter to half of a full second max to do it, otherwise pressing the button again will just shoot another projectile.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Anywho, did you guys know you can fire off an uncharged Dragon Fang Shot then push and hold the button again to charge the hand's bite follow-up? I think you have about half to a full second max to do it, otherwise pressing the button again will just shoot another projectile.
It was a Day 1 Tech. I call it Spitless Nomnom despite not inventing it nor do I use it often

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Anywho, did you guys know you can fire off an uncharged Dragon Fang Shot then push and hold the button again to charge the hand's bite follow-up? I think you have about a quarter to half of a full second max to do it, otherwise pressing the button again will just shoot another projectile.
Well, she is best waifu.
Can't disagree witrh a pointy ears dragongirl, and -that- outfit.

D

Deleted member 189823

So, wait. I'm watching ZeRo's take on Corrin. He says our U-Air is one of the strongest in the game. If so, what's the deal? Do we use it as a main juggle tool or do we keep it for a potential badass KO move? My take, is that we should use it as a juggle and combo tool, as it'll likely still kill at around 120 at the top (and since racking up damage is easy...).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Well, "waited for smash 5" Fates would be 8 years old by that point.

Since... it took 8 years, -and- several delays to finally get Smash 4.
I mean... any reason why you don't want certain characters not in smash right now? It doesn't hurt anyone, except making a bunch of people happy.

Last edited:

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Spitless Nomnom
That's hilarious. And hey, there's always the off-chance somebody was in the dark. It's served me well so far at least.

Well, she is best waifu.
Can't disagree witrh a pointy ears dragongirl, and -that- outfit.
Nope. No complaints here. I just happen to like male's colors a little better.

So, wait. I'm watching ZeRo's take on Corrin. He says our U-Air is one of the strongest in the game. If so, what's the deal? Do we use it as a main juggle tool or do we keep it for a potential badass KO move? My take, is that we should use it as a juggle and combo tool, as it'll likely still kill at around 120 at the top (and since racking up damage is easy...).
It's stupidly good at killing. Like, :4fox: level good at killing. As for juggling tools, I think both hits of Nair are apt enough for that.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Jab combo kills, up-b kills, side-b kills and is a great movement option, down-b sure as **** kills, neutral b kills, all smashes kill, up-air kills, down-air is a suicide spike (people are already finding ways to survive it). So basically everything kills.

Why, Rito. Why.
Because Daddy Sakurai chose Corrin to be created for the sole purpose of being the counter pick to any top tier. Because even he knows that barefoot dragon waifus are the TRUE master race in Smash. Look out boys because the next tier list is gonna have a SS rating and its not for meta knight or sheik this time (Kappa).

C3CC

Smash Lord
Well, "waited for smash 5" Fates would be 8 years old by that point.

Since... it took 8 years, -and- several delays to finally get Smash 4.
I mean... any reason why you don't want certain characters not in smash right now? It doesn't hurt anyone, except making a bunch of people happy.
It's just that I'd prefer that Smash was only for well-known characters, not just newbies. At 8 years old, Corrin would be an already well-recognized character. I do understand he was added for promotional purposes, though, just like Roy back in Melee. This is also the reason why the inclusion of Dark Pit and Shulk didn't resonate well with me (and obviously being a blatant clone of Pit). I eventually welcomed Shulk (and now Corrin) because I realized they're original fighters that actually add something to the game.

That's just me, though. I understand that some people disagree :)

Top Bottom