• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I don't think I've posted here before, might as well since I'm planning to main Corrin. ^^;

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556

Uhhhh, what just happened?
It seems a glitch was discovered with Dragon Lunge that causes characters to go into a weird aerial idle state where they seemingly can't do anything until they land; if it happens to you offstage you're apparently toast lol. A hotfix will likely be incoming once Ninty catches wind of this.

D

Deleted member 189823

My first impression on Corrin is, honestly, he/she aren't that good. In fact, I'd say they'd be scraping somewhere along the middle of the list. There are two things that really got me: Corrin doesn't seem to have any real solid approach options. It also seems they lack reliable killing options, but I'm going to explore that more (I used her for the first time yesterday).

What I think we need to work on:

- Proper approaching methods.
- Reliable killing methods. I'm really looking into turnaround F-Smash. I think this has insane amounts of potential, particularly with Corrin. U-Throw is pretty decent, but I don't see it killing before 150 before RAGE...I did have 100+% RAGE and almost killed a C.Falcon at a bit over 120 with it, so I call that rather solid, I guess. I heard U-Air's actually pretty strong, but I found myself using it way too much for juggling to kill early. Still a good option, though.
- I'm sure we can do some interesting stuff with Side B.

Now, for the pros:

- Corrin's combo-game seems really good. It's almost as if their aerials are pretty synergic and lead to each other (N-Air, especially, seems to lead to either F-Air or U-Air)
- Extending the previous point, damage-racking seems to rack rather quickly. D-Air does an insane amount of damage when all hits connect. And as stated before, things just seem to lead to other, bigger things.
- Might have pretty okay zoning tools. I know for sure that N-Air's really good for intercepting others coming from below. Retreating auto-cancelled N-Airs & F-Airs seem pretty solid at this.
- Pretty good projectile (that actually works pretty well with B-Reversals) that can actually lead to things.

The aforementioned cons, and a little more:

- Not having solid approach methods does hurt.
- Trouble killing if it isn't for hard reads.
- Not much of anything out of throws.
- Iffy recovery.

That's "pretty much it" as bad things go. It is a huge drawback, though. They remind me a lot of Marth and Lucina except they have weird things, like B & Side B. The character's still really young, obviously. These are just my innitial impression of the little I've got to use and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Not sure if I posted in here since Corrin's release but I am loving her so far~ She feels so amazing.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
So I tried to combine the head of Corrin's dragon form with the logo on Jack Cayman's jacket. Here's the result:

If you can do better, be my guest.

D

Deleted member

Male Corrin got their head icon fixed. :4corrin:
Female Corrin didn't. :4corrinf:

SMASHBOARDS CONFIRMED SEXIST, LET US REVOLT

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah I guess you could, I'm not sure why you would want to but yeah you can.
She reminds me of Tharja(even though I'm not sure if there's already a Tharja related character)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It was earlier, then it reverted to the old one. The new one is still there in postbits, but not as actual emotes in posts.
They both look unchanged to me (Still the SmashBoards versions)
But then again Bayo1 and ACCloud are still invisible to me so :drshrug:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I dunno, I guess it's because they're fanservicey, and Tharja has stalker-y tendencies (though there's more to her character than that) and Camilla is obsessed with Corrin (and there's more to HER character than THAT), but people seem to fixate on those aspects of their personalities as to reasons why they're bad characters.
Note that I quite like Tharja and Camilla, though it's more for their usefulness in-game, (and that they're widely hated, guess I feel bad for them) than teh bewbs.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I dunno, I guess it's because they're fanservicey, and Tharja has stalker-y tendencies (though there's more to her character than that) and Camilla is obsessed with Corrin (and there's more to HER character than THAT), but people seem to fixate on those aspects of their personalities as to reasons why they're bad characters.
Note that I quite like Tharja and Camilla, though it's more for their usefulness in-game, (and that they're widely hated, guess I feel bad for them) than teh bewbs.
Is keeping Tharja alive mandatory for Awakening? Or you could get her killed and the story goes on without any trouble?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is keeping Tharja alive mandatory for Awakening? Or you could get her killed and the story goes on without any trouble?
I think everyone, but Chrom, Lucina, and Robin don't need to survive. Maybe Tiki too? In Fire Emblem, unless you're a lord or pivotal to the plot and even then, 90% to 99% of your army is cannon fodder. People keep them since it's better to have cannon fodder than to have none at all. In some games, everyone is cannon fodder including the lords because 1 unit does everything like Frederick and Seth in their games.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I think Camilla is a cool guy girl. She rides dragons, fights samurai, and doesn't afraid of anything.

In complete seriousness though I really do like Camilla, and no, not just because of fanservice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Her being like Tharja is why i dont like her. It's lazy.
Atleast she cares for Corrin...I think(and I guess wearing less cloths is also a good thing for sales)

Nah

Smash Champion
No, he didn't charge it in the slightest. I really don't understand why that thing hit me so freaking hard.
Ok so I went into training mode and did stuff, and the lowest % I could get Mewtwo to die to uncharged tipper Fsmash at dead center stage was 85%. So it's probably not unfeasible that you could've died to it at 77. Being slightly left or right of the exact center of the stage, DI, possible weird hurtbox contortions, and possibly varying side blastzone differences between stages may account for why you died sooner than that.

I think everyone, but Chrom, Lucina, and Robin don't need to survive. Maybe Tiki too?
It's just Robin and Chrom I'm pretty sure. Lucina can be "killed" in battle but becomes one of those units that permanently retires from combat but still takes part in major story scenes or however it is they phrase it in FE iirc. And Tiki's actually an optional recruit as far as battles go even though she technically joins your group in an earlier chapter. She doesn't really have any story relevance outside of said chapter anyway.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hey! We finally have flairs for :4cloud2: and for :4bayonetta2:! That's fantastic!

On topic, I really am not a fan of Rhajat being a thing. I actually don't mind the three 2nd gen clones, and think it'll be interesting having them as 1st gen units; but something about her just literally being Tharja 2.0 annoys me.

It's probably that she's the only female/female S rank option, which is just blegh. There's so many good ones, and all we have is her. :( :(

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Hey! We finally have flairs for :4cloud2: and for :4bayonetta2:! That's fantastic!

On topic, I really am not a fan of Rhajat being a thing. I actually don't mind the three 2nd gen clones, and think it'll be interesting having them as 1st gen units; but something about her just literally being Tharja 2.0 annoys me.

It's probably that she's the only female/female S rank option, which is just blegh. There's so many good ones, and all we have is her. :( :(
This is pretty much how I'm gonna be picturing Rhajat while S-Ranking her in my Birthright run. XD

Top Bottom