• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I would have married Oboro and Pieri in Hoshido and Revalations respectively, if it wasn't for the thing that Kotor Kotor talked about.
So in Hoshido I'm going to marry Crimson and I don't know who to marry in Revalations.
And in Nohr I'm going to play as a girl and marry Odin.
You can still do it. Just marry either of those two in your first run in any of the paths they're in and in later runs, focus on getting all the kids. I never got all of the second gen kids in my first run of Awakening.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Does anyone have any links to some good FE8 Rom hacks?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Does anyone have any links to some good FE8 Rom hacks?
While not a link, there's a FE GBA randomizer out there that you could find by Googling. I'm working on a randomized FE8 run right now and some highlights are my Sniper Seth, Archer Eirika, Thief Franz (amazing), Cavalier Neimi, and Fighter Artur. Ephiraim is a Monk somehow and my first healer was Kyle later in the game... it's so fun.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
While not a link, there's a FE GBA randomizer out there that you could find by Googling. I'm working on a randomized FE8 run right now and some highlights are my Sniper Seth, Archer Eirika, Thief Franz (amazing), Cavalier Neimi, and Fighter Artur. Ephiraim is a Monk somehow and my first healer was Kyle later in the game... it's so fun.
I actually looked up a Fe GBA randomizer and found this.
upload_2016-1-22_22-20-46.png

I might actually want to try something like that sometime.
You can still do it. Just marry either of those two in your first run in any of the paths they're in and in later runs, focus on getting all the kids. I never got all of the second gen kids in my first run of Awakening.
I know, but I'm just OCD like that and want to get every unit.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
How are you using up all your fuel? I've had three hour long sessions with Lv 50 Skells and I still have gotten to 30% minimum... am I doing something wrong?

They're both using frying pans XD
Chapter 10. Flying+Fighting+Trying again and again.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Did you guys hear about the confirmed changes? Soleil's getting a different Support Convo, and samesex married units still share stat boosts like regular couple. And NotTrasha got a different name too
yep! I hate the name they gave her lol. kind of wish the same sex couples actually had access to their kids (as far as I'm aware they don't? I know biology etc but come ooon, that's just annoying :x) but I don't like either of the same sex options at all so it doesn't bother me too much personally.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
yep! I hate the name they gave her lol. kind of wish the same sex couples actually had access to their kids (as far as I'm aware they don't? I know biology etc but come ooon, that's just annoying :x) but I don't like either of the same sex options at all so it doesn't bother me too much personally.
Rahtja or whatever her name is fits her. It can spell out rat because they belong in the trash. Considering they mentioned Soleil, a kid, I think that NOA isn't changing that. Oh well

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Did you guys hear about the confirmed changes? Soleil's getting a different Support Convo,
Yes. Now, for all we know, the support could still be ‘Soleil faints whenever she sees a cute girl in the battlefield and asks Male Corrin for help.’ The only difference in the localized version is just Male Corrin doesn’t use a magic powder to make Soleil see everyone in the opposite gender behind her back. We won't know for sure until February 19th.

Considering they mentioned Soleil, a kid, I think that NOA isn't changing that. Oh well
Now, this I am happy about. Not because I find the original names to be better than the localization names, but because I don't have to go back and retag all those Soleil posts. One less character to worry about.

Nah

Smash Champion
man they aren't even trying now with some of the names

How are you using up all your fuel? I've had three hour long sessions with Lv 50 Skells and I still have gotten to 30% minimum... am I doing something wrong?
I burn through my fuel faster than I care for cuz I use G-Buster every chance I get lol, though I don't think I've ever gotten down lower than 25% of my fuel.

Probably depends on your Skell model too, light-type ones have lower fuel amounts than the others.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I noticed now that bayoneta artwork could be well Corrin's too, because the Light vs dark battle would be similar to hoshido nohr war (like in one of artworks of FE fates)

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Now, this I am happy about. Not because I find the original names to be better than the localization names, but because I don't have to go back and retag all those Soleil posts. One less character to worry about.
Nice. It gives me hope that they keep Lazward too... that's such a great name.

man they aren't even trying now with some of the names

I burn through my fuel faster than I care for cuz I use G-Buster every chance I get lol, though I don't think I've ever gotten down lower than 25% of my fuel.

Probably depends on your Skell model too, light-type ones have lower fuel amounts than the others.
Yeah, I've got a heavy model (the most expensive one too), so I can fuel for days... my poor brother lost all his fuel during the final boss fights and had to wait a bit for the Skells to recharge until he could attempt it again after another failure (he only had the Lv 30 Skells).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Question, anyone realy predicted Corrin?
There were numerous occasions were I thought about how cool it'd be if s/he made it into the game, but I never actually thought it would happen.

I did cal l that if, on the off chance that he made it into the game, he'd be able to sprout dragon wings just like the GBA manaketes for his up special.
It's still funny that Lucina does what she does because of a goddess, but she's over there on the Hell side... maybe it's because she's from a "Doomed Future" or because she has been through hell? Or maybe it's because a mask implies deception?
Except Naga claims she isn't actually a goddess.
But I think the main reason she was put on that side was because her color scheme matched it better and her mask made her a good counterpart for Samus on the light side.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah.

For Smash 5.
This. I bemoaned that Smash 5 would probably come out too late for Corrin to have a chance, because the moment that I saw Dragon Fang, I thought that he'd be a great character in Smash. Instead thinking that FE15 or 16's protagonist would get into Smash, I was still hoping that Corrin had a shot for Smash 5. I never would have guessed that we'd get him for Smash 4... although I did joke about it happening to a friend just a few days before we did get Corrin.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
This. I bemoaned that Smash 5 would probably come out too late for Corrin to have a chance, because the moment that I saw Dragon Fang, I thought that he'd be a great character in Smash. Instead thinking that FE15 or 16's protagonist would get into Smash, I was still hoping that Corrin had a shot for Smash 5. I never would have guessed that we'd get him for Smash 4... although I did joke about it happening to a friend just a few days before we did get Corrin.
I hope he thinks you're psychic now.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've got a heavy model (the most expensive one too), so I can fuel for days... my poor brother lost all his fuel during the final boss fights and had to wait a bit for the Skells to recharge until he could attempt it again after another failure (he only had the Lv 30 Skells).
Sometimes I wonder if the game actually expects you to complete the game without a Skell or not. I beat the chapter 10 boss today and was like ".....is it even possible to fight this thing without a Skell? Like wtf would you do without one?". Or like, would the game actually expect you to swim across the ****ing ocean to reach Sylvalum for the first time if you don't have a Skell? While the game does go out of the way to tell you when you can take the Skell license test and when you can get the flight module, it never makes it seem like you HAVE to get a Skell.

I just hope the game starts providing answers to some of the questions I have in the next chapter. Which is, y'know, the second to last one in the story.....

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If anyone did, they're very small in number.

Most people (myself included) assumed that Corrin could have been a good candidate for Smash 5, but that there was a good chance that he would be overlooked in the likely event that another FE was released before the next game. The idea that he would actually be added as DLC in this game was mostly overlooked due to how new he was and the high number of FE characters already on the roster.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I actually really wanted Elma, since she falls into almost the exact same spot that Corrin does in terms of release dates. Unfortunately for her, the dual guns she uses overlaps with Bayonetta, and while I'm sure that she would have been unique, she's a lesser choice when compared to Corrin.

Sometimes I wonder if the game actually expects you to complete the game without a Skell or not. I beat the chapter 10 boss today and was like ".....is it even possible to fight this thing without a Skell? Like wtf would you do without one?". Or like, would the game actually expect you to swim across the ****ing ocean to reach Sylvalum for the first time if you don't have a Skell? While the game does go out of the way to tell you when you can take the Skell license test and when you can get the flight module, it never makes it seem like you HAVE to get a Skell.

I just hope the game starts providing answers to some of the questions I have in the next chapter. Which is, y'know, the second to last one in the story.....
I won't say anything about the plot, but the Skells seem to be a necessity. The only way around them that I can think of is some very careful Overdrive abuse- for example, I use a Full Metal Jaguar that can reach max Overdrive with a combination of Blood Sacrifice, Ghostwalker, and Killing Machine and take no damage that isn't covered by Ghostwalker. However, it's a strategy that requires a ton of coordination and I can't see it being practical for everyone...

I will say that I swam all the way to Sylvalum and then walked to Cauldros for Hope's affinity mission before I was able to get a Skell. That was an adventure... both locales were gorgeous though.

I hope he thinks you're psychic now.
He remembered my joke before I did after Corrin was actually announced and we were both super excited. Eh, but he thinks he's psychic too. The funny thing is that I have two brothers and each of us expected a different Fire Emblem rep. I guessed Robin, this brother guessed Lucina, and our other one guessed the safe one, Chrom. Mwahaha! The one who guessed Chrom also assumed that his main, Ike, wouldn't make it either, so he's only 1:4 when it comes to guesses (Marth obviously and Roy and Corrin don't really count).

SubconsciousRose

Smash Cadet
You know it's funny you ask that. I was actually having a conversation with my friend who mains Robin several months ago about Robin's placement and Smash and the possible future if there was a Smash 5 and if Robin would return as a veteran and how he/she might be changed in that installment.

A hypothetical was what if Robin wasn't really considered relevant anymore and that the protagonist of Fates was introduced into the roster in place of Robin or alongside him/her.

And here we are now at the end of Smash 4's dlc lifetime and we're gonna have both Robin and Corrin in the same game.
Funny how things work out in ways you never expect them to sometimes.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
And here we are now at the end of Smash 4's dlc lifetime and we're gonna have both Robin and Corrin in the same game.
Funny how things work out in ways you never expect them to sometimes.
It's even funnier that by the end of this, Chrom still isn't playable, and he was the common man's guess when Smash 4 was announced! As a Day 1 Robin supporter, even I conceded that Chrom looked just as likely as Robin (if not more likely) to be the FE rep in Smash 4 and that it was a shame that the Robin wasn't the "Lord" of the game since that would have almost guaranteed him a spot on the roster. When Corrin was announced to be both the Lord and the avatar master of the elements, my first thought was that had Fates been the most recent FE game, he'd definitely be in the roster. Somehow my wish worked out!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think in the next smash (if have) the FE caracters will be
Marth (alt lucina)
Ike (alt chrom?)
Robin (with a new FS)
Corrin
Character of a new FE

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Corrin was one of my requests. There was even a thread in the main character board for him that had a decent amount of posts in it. But as it was already stated, Corrin was overlooked because not only was he/she introduced very recently during the time, but the whole "FIRE EMBLEM BIAS" mentality was in full swing during the time as well. It's like how many people declared Bayonetta's inclusion to be very unlikely due to the nature of the games she comes from.

Cause you know, it's not like Sakurai could just do something that nobody will ever see coming from a mile away, like Cloud's inclusion or Robin being picked over Chrom.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's even funnier that by the end of this, Chrom still isn't playable, and he was the common man's guess when Smash 4 was announced! As a Day 1 Robin supporter, even I conceded that Chrom looked just as likely as Robin (if not more likely) to be the FE rep in Smash 4 and that it was a shame that the Robin wasn't the "Lord" of the game since that would have almost guaranteed him a spot on the roster. When Corrin was announced to be both the Lord and the avatar master of the elements, my first thought was that had Fates been the most recent FE game, he'd definitely be in the roster. Somehow my wish worked out!
It is rather interesting how the game to follow Awakening broke the status quo when it came to designing protagonists. The last "main character" we had (Chrom) was designed in a very similar fashion to previous FE protagonists, to the point where some people began to complain of the repetitiveness. And when the time came to choose a character from that game for Smash, he was overlooked in favor of the more uniquely designed avatar character. Then, what do you know, Fates comes along and introduces a brand new avatar protagonist with abilities we've never seen before.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I didn't predict him directly but the day before the direct aired, i made a Miiverse comment on how my hype levels would shatter the fabric of time and space if a new Fire Emblem character was announced for Smash. Two hours before the final Smash direct aired, i joked around with my friend saying "A vision.....i see it: A new Fire Emblem character confirmed for Smash". Two hours later, Corrin happened.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
It is rather interesting how the game to follow Awakening broke the status quo when it came to designing protagonists. The last "main character" we had (Chrom) was designed in a very similar fashion to previous FE protagonists, to the point where some people began to complain of the repetitiveness. And when the time came to choose a character from that game for Smash, he was overlooked in favor of the more uniquely designed avatar character. Then, what do you know, Fates comes along and introduces a brand new avatar protagonist with abilities we've never seen before.
Chrom's problem is that he wasn't really the protagonist- he was truly co-protagonist with Robin. Chrom featured in the middle of the story (the Valm conquest) and in the beginning, but when the story shifted to the climax, Robin took center-stage. He was the hero of the true ending, connected to the villain, involved in major scenes such as the Lucina one, and from a gameplay perspective, he is in charge of every single action each unit makes as the tactician. Robin is usually the star of the team and Chrom is just a big truck of a unit. Chrom is used in more marketing, but even the developers have said in an interview that they saw Robin as the main character.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
All I wanted out of the Smash DLC was for Fire Emblem to get a better representation in regards to weapon use. Lances, axes, beast forms, tomes, etc. SO many options are in the Fire Emblem games, just waiting to be translated into the smash formula.

Needless to say, Corrin's Dragon Fang and other abilities, though not what I wanted or expected (to answer that prediction questuon), are more than enough for me. For this game, anyway. ;)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
As many others have said, Kamui / Corrin was definitely on my wishlist, but very far down due to just how little hope I had for their potential inclusion. And I'm so glad I was wrong to not have more faith in our Dragon Lord! :p

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I voted for Spear Waddle Dee, but Corrin...

Ever experience that feeling that you didn't know you wanted something until it was offered to you? Same deal!

Like, damn with every DLC this game gets, it feels even more surreal. I'm still not 100% sure I'm even looking at Smash whenever I see a Pac-Man main. Like, this game is real right? This isn't some fever dream where Ryu is teaming up with Cloud to take on Mega-Man and Sonic?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
All I wanted out of the Smash DLC was for Fire Emblem to get a better representation in regards to weapon use. Lances, axes, beast forms, tomes, etc. SO many options are in the Fire Emblem games, just waiting to be translated into the smash formula.

Needless to say, Corrin's Dragon Fang and other abilities, though not what I wanted or expected (to answer that prediction questuon), are more than enough for me. For this game, anyway. ;)
Honestly, it's more Intelligent Systems' fault than Sakurai's (not that I have a problem with swords because I love the swordfighters). Sakurai went with the best FE character possible at the moment and used that character's established moveset, but unfortunately Fates' protagonist uses a sword. IS has been seriously dropping the ball lately with the overwhelming amount of "Sword Lords." Ephraim and Hector were great, but then they were followed up with Ike twice, Marth twice, Chrom, Lucina, Robin (at least his tomes were unique), and Corrin. The only true exception was Micaiah, but she was overshadowed by Ike (who is arguably more important to the Tellius saga though). IS needs to give us another protagonist that doesn't use a sword as their main weapon... at least Corrin's Dragon Fang was a step in the right direction, but did the Yato Blade really need to be a blade? It could have been the Yato Lance...

I will say that...
Fates does have many near main characters that don't focus on swords, like Leo, Takumi, and Azura (tome, bow, lance), but even they are overshadowed by the blades of Corrin, Ryouma, and Xander.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I didn't predict Corrin (I wanted Inklings), but when I saw him I started laughing because I knew how absolutely mad people would get at his inclusion. His moveset blew me away, though, and I'm really excited to play him - as you can probably tell, since I'm posting in this thread.

Honestly, it's more Intelligent Systems' fault than Sakurai's (not that I have a problem with swords because I love the swordfighters). Sakurai went with the best FE character possible at the moment and used that character's established moveset, but unfortunately Fates' protagonist uses a sword. IS has been seriously dropping the ball lately with the overwhelming amount of "Sword Lords." Ephraim and Hector were great, but then they were followed up with Ike twice, Marth twice, Chrom, Lucina, Robin (at least his tomes were unique), and Corrin. The only true exception was Micaiah, but she was overshadowed by Ike (who is arguably more important to the Tellius saga though). IS needs to give us another protagonist that doesn't use a sword as their main weapon... at least Corrin's Dragon Fang was a step in the right direction, but did the Yato Blade really need to be a blade? It could have been the Yato Lance...

I will say that...
Fates does have many near main characters that don't focus on swords, like Leo, Takumi, and Azura (tome, bow, lance), but even they are overshadowed by the blades of Corrin, Ryouma, and Xander.
Regarding Hector and axe users in general, I've always felt that they would be an Ike semiclone with worse sourspots.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I didn't predict Corrin (I wanted Inklings), but when I saw him I started laughing because I knew how absolutely mad people would get at his inclusion.
That's exactly how I reacted. At first it was a "the ****!?" reaction, but as the trailer was playing, I just couldn't help but laugh because I knew there would be rage at Corrin's inclusion. That people would ***** that Corrin stole [Insert Favorite Character here]'s roster slot. Perfectly represented by the Laughing Gangrel gif.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For those of you who love having an avatar of your character of choice being smug as ****, I found the perfect picture for you.

(credit to damagefloor on tumblr)

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
May just be me, but I would love to have another Knight lord like Sigurd or Eliwood as the main protagonist in a future Fire Emblem game.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
1) this is absolutely beautiful
2) thanks for posting the source
1) Isn't it just~?
2) I've always been one to give credit to original artists (because if you don't, 9 times out of 10 people will either assume you drew it or you stole it).

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

I will say that...
I actually don't mind that most lords use swords. Swords are usually seen as the weapon of a hero. In Fire Emblem, this is more supported by the fact that Hector gets access to Swords after promotion (although both of his signature weapons are Axes). Really, the only Lords who don't use swords at all are Ephraim and Micaiah. That being said, i would like to see another Lord who doesn't have swords as his main weapon but its not something i feel that NEEDS to happen. If it happens, great, if it doesn't, that's great too.

Regarding representing different FE weapon types in Smash, the only ones we need to represent are bows and axes. Corrin's Dragon Fang transformations, especially his F-Smash and Dragon Lunge, represent both Lances and Stones. Robin represent Tomes and Marth, Ike, Roy and Lucina represent swords. To represent Axes, we could use Hector and Bows could be represent by Lyn (Lyn gets access to Bows after promotion). As for how they would play in Smash, i feel that Lyn would be similar to Mega Man where most of her attacks revolve around projectiles except her tilts and aerials (she would have her own unique moveset though).

As for Hector, ZephyrYoshi and I share similar thoughts:
Regarding Hector and axe users in general, I've always felt that they would be an Ike semiclone with worse sourspots.
Along with also possessing more power but also more start-up lag (referencing how Axes in Fire Emblem have the lowest accuracy but highest power of the physical weapon triangle).

One last thing: If you had to choose one Fire Emblem villain to be in Smash, who would it be? For me, it would either by Zephiel or Lyon.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Ever experience that feeling that you didn't know you wanted something until it was offered to you? Same deal!
This. I actually wanted Shovel Knight in Smash, but after seeing Corrin's gameplay, the Pre-Smash 4 Marth in me got hype for this character, so it makes up for the former.

Top Bottom