• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Shin megami Tensei X Fire Emblem isn't doing so hot in japan. I'm hoping it sells better in the United States.
You know, there's like no chance of that happening, right?
If it's not doing well in Japan, how would it do better in a country where it's the epitome of niche?

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Less than one month to fates and corrin in smash!!!!
Also question counters can active by atacks that do damage but no knockback? (Like pikmin and fox laser) because i think kamui countered a fox laser in the trailer

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
You know, there's like no chance of that happening, right?
If it's not doing well in Japan, how would it do better in a country where it's the epitome of niche?
While I don't predict that #FE will sell well here either, I will say this line of logic doesn't really follow based on trends. Sure, in Japan, this as seen at a very small group of people who enjoy Megaten, Fire Emblem, and Idol Pop Star culture that also happen to have a wii u for things other then Mario Kart. Here though, it's just seen as Japanese.

If Megaten and Fire Emblem weren't attached to it, my guess is that it'd be less alienating to people who would have bought because it's anime as ****.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Will Fates have a character who is similar to Frederick in Awakening? He was my favorite character.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Will Fates have a character who is similar to Frederick in Awakening? He was my favorite character.
Jakob/Joker. Heck, the 2 of them have a coversation in the Awakening DLC. And then this...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jacob is like Frederic, expect for the fact that he's literally a butler, is a total a-hole to everyone but his lord(Corrin), and has an army of fan girls irl.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hasn't there always been sort of a slightly OP unit that you start off with in FE games? Like Frederick?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hasn't there always been sort of a slightly OP unit that you start off with in FE games? Like Frederick?
Mostly as far as I know. I know if you started with Lyn's story, she didn't get one. I know Eliwood did though, but I'm not sure about Hector. I know in FE1, FE8, 9, 11 and 13, you do.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
And then you keep using them, and they either keep being OP, or are replaced by someone better eventually.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I already decided I'm going to marry Orochi. She is so hot.
*Hypu intensify*

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
not OP per se, they tend to have higher stats but lower stat growth rates. Plus, being a promoted unit early on means that they gain less EXP than other units, which means that if you keep using them you end up with a lower leveled party overall.

There are some OP ones, though. I think Seth from Sacred Stones can actually solo the game.
I already decided I'm going to marry Orochi. She is so hot.
*Hypu intensify*

I wonder if you can guess who I'm going to marry...

Last edited:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
For my playthroughs, I am likely going:

Nohr: Niles & Inigo
Hoshido: Oboro & Hinata

Honourable Mention: The Canines

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You'd be surprised at how easily you'd end up marrying a unit you thought you had slight interest in instead.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
*Ahem*
MY SKELL CAN FLY!

Nohr and Third Path for life.
GET LOUD! SOMETHING ELSE! SHOOT THEM WITH YOUR GUNS!... OTHER WORDS.... WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET, A LOT MORE THAN WE CAN MANAGE, WE JUST GOTTA KEEP ON STANDING STANDING. WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET, A LOT MORE THAN WE CAN MANAGE...

Oh... I prefer the Skell battle theme to the foot one... the lyrics are stupid, but they're catchy...

Let me just say that I was not excited for Skells at all- I don't like mechs and I'm usually averse to mechanical things in games. However, XCX did an excellent job of hyping up the Skells and making you want one. The scene where you get the Skell is so good too that I was converted to Skell-lover instantly.

Also, that mission where you borrow Lin's Skell, I completed the objectives and was headed back to her when I was one-shot by a tyrant and wrecked her Skell that she told me to keep safe... I'm so glad there was no penalty...

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I would have married Oboro and Pieri in Hoshido and Revalations respectively, if it wasn't for the thing that @Kotor talked about.
70d.png
So in Hoshido I'm going to marry Crimson and I don't know who to marry in Revalations.
And in Nohr I'm going to play as a girl and marry Odin.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I would have married Oboro and Pieri in Hoshido and Revalations respectively, if it wasn't for the thing that @Kotor talked about.
So in Hoshido I'm going to marry Crimson and I don't know who to marry in Revalations.
And in Nohr I'm going to play as a girl and marry Odin.
...Except the child units are decent at best in Fates and the EXP from the maps isn't really necessary to beat the game. So really if you go Mamui you can waifu it up with whoever.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
But maybe you are one of those people who feels it's weird to marry the children of your own friends or something along those lines.
This line is priceless. In all honesty, if they were in a hyperbolic time chamber and were my age (and Lazward confirms that at least his daughter is his age), I wouldn't have a problem with it if love just happened to happen.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I tried to marry Tsubaki and Yuugiri to each other, but after a few battles, I noticed they weren't gaining any affinity at all.

Which meant I wasted my time, which made me feel stupid. Heheh.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I tried to marry Tsubaki and Yuugiri to each other, but after a few battles, I noticed they weren't gaining any affinity at all.

Which meant I wasted my time, which made me feel stupid. Heheh.
I did that a few times in my first playthrough of Awakening. Always check the support menu to see if they actually have a support together.

...it's dumb that every unit doesn't have a support with every other unit. They're all in an army together, right?

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Fortunately I'm marrying Ophelia, just like I did her grandmother before her, so I don't need to worry about Corrinsexuals unless I'm playing Hoshido. I guess that I'll marry Crdloeia or Oralcide on the Hoshido side...

I did that a few times in my first playthrough of Awakening. Always check the support menu to see if they actually have a support together.

...it's dumb that every unit doesn't have a support with every other unit. They're all in an army together, right?
Curse you Sumia and your lack of ability to speak with most men. You are destined to be a crazy cat lady.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Ok I just noticed something:

Lucina confirmed Evil.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget

Lucina confirmed Evil.
no
Heaven and Hell aren't good and evil in the Bayonetta universe
in fact Heaven is trying to destroy the human world in the first game
and Bayonetta gets her powers from a pact with a demon
sorry for going off, I just see people making these observations constantly and it bothers me

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
no
Heaven and Hell aren't good and evil in the Bayonetta universe
in fact Heaven is trying to destroy the human world in the first game
and Bayonetta gets her powers from a pact with a demon
It's still funny that Lucina does what she does because of a goddess, but she's over there on the Hell side... maybe it's because she's from a "Doomed Future" or because she has been through hell? Or maybe it's because a mask implies deception?

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
It's still funny that Lucina does what she does because of a goddess, but she's over there on the Hell side... maybe it's because she's from a "Doomed Future" or because she has been through hell? Or maybe it's because a mask implies deception?
I think it's the color scheme

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah, we are looking too much into this, but color is probably it (and the idea that she's the other "mask" wearer besides Samus)... it's still funny to see Villager with her axe opposing Zelda and her Bow of Light.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yeah, we are looking too much into this, but color is probably it (and the idea that she's the other "mask" wearer besides Samus)... it's still funny to see Villager with her axe opposing Zelda and her Bow of Light.
Yet Shulk is red and black, which are more often than not the colors associated with evil, Lucina is very blue. Though if you step back you do see that she is opposite of Samus who is likewise masked. Yet, again though, Lucina is blue and Samus is red.

I'll shutup. My Skells should be fully fueled up by now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Lucina confirmed Evil.
I just noticed the parallelisms... Starting with the top, angel wings and bat wings. I don't know why bat wings are associated with evil other than vampires, but it's there with Pit and Meta Knight. Following, a nice, peaceful green "dragon" and a primal, violent dragon. For whatever reason, Yoshi's considered a dragon, but he's a dinosaur... which also leads into how Charizard's a dragon, but without Mega Evolution, he's technically a dinosaur? I don't know. Goddess of Light and the King of Darkness... I don't have to say much there. ROB and Shulk is basically machine vs. man and referencing Xenoblade Chronicle's plot. Lucina and Samus could be opposing "faces" where Lucina uses the face of someone else as a disguise while Samus's "face" was her power suit. People expected Lucina to be someone who she isn't versus Samus is the person they see. Villager and Zelda could just be nobility and peasantry. I have no idea for Mr. Game & Watch and Peach. Er... 2D and 3D? Little Mac and Ryu could just be something like specialization vs. jack of all trades. Little Mac specializes in boxing which means he's only good at stand-up fighting and with his fists. Everything else from grappling, kicking, and air combat are things he doesn't do. Ryu is the basic character to play in Street Fighter. The other idea could just be Little Mac fights for glory while Ryu fights for something else, something more existential. Also, red and green are complimentary colors. Red being Ryu's gloves to Little Mac's green. Finally, Bowser and Mega Man. Organics vs. machine? Myth - Bowser's a freaking turtle dragon - vs. "proven" science or reality? Or maybe David vs. Goliath.

Last edited:
Top Bottom