• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
So some good news and bad news...apparently Gamestop is canceling some SE preorders.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-pre-orders-cancelled-gamestop/

But the good news...the keychains showed up in my order on Gamestop.com today. So looks like I'm getting them after all.
hey, do you know if it's for sure that you get the Azura, Marx and Ryoma keychains, or is it just '3 keychains'? I'm sorry if that's a bit hard to understand, but I bought a Sumia keychain off Ebay, and the packaging gives no indication as to which keychain you're gonna get, it's basically a lucky dip. Maybe they've changed that format for the pre-orders.

If they offer that over here, I would take that deal over the artbook. I ****ing love keychains :v

I really hope Corrin releases early in February so I can maybe use her at a few tournaments in February, seeing as there is at least 2 planned!

Also got my Fates trading cards from amiami the other day. I have like 8 female Corrins B)

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I hate my brother lol. I started playing Awakening a few months ago and now I'm addicted to FE. I'm looking to main Corrin and pick up Fates on release just because of this now. Now I know why people who love FE go crazy for their characters and I'm looking forward to joining y'all.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
hey, do you know if it's for sure that you get the Azura, Marx and Ryoma keychains, or is it just '3 keychains'? I'm sorry if that's a bit hard to understand, but I bought a Sumia keychain off Ebay, and the packaging gives no indication as to which keychain you're gonna get, it's basically a lucky dip. Maybe they've changed that format for the pre-orders.

If they offer that over here, I would take that deal over the artbook. I ****ing love keychains :v

I really hope Corrin releases early in February so I can maybe use her at a few tournaments in February, seeing as there is at least 2 planned!

Also got my Fates trading cards from amiami the other day. I have like 8 female Corrins B)
I don't know, I assume it's just the ones pictured. May be different depending on which bundle you preordered. But I'd be willing to bet it's just those three. Bummer, I wanted Fem Corrin instead of Azura, lol.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I was joking I don't hate him for getting me into FE.

O wait I see where I went wrong. Bad grammar lol.

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I don't know, I assume it's just the ones pictured. May be different depending on which bundle you preordered. But I'd be willing to bet it's just those three. Bummer, I wanted Fem Corrin instead of Azura, lol.
aha, fem Corrin would be my keychain of choice too. Thanks! I'm gonna be keeping a watchful eye on Gamestop for that pre-order :v

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
If only it were Lazward, Selena, and Odin instead... sigh...

I hate my brother lol. I started playing Awakening a few months ago and now I'm addicted to FE. I'm looking to main Corrin and pick up Fates on release just because of this now. Now I know why people who love FE go crazy for their characters and I'm looking forward to joining y'all.
While FE is pretty much over-repped, FE fortunately has some of the best characters so at least when we get characters we're passionate about them.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
If you just got into FE I advise you play the older games. Give the 26 years of history the franchise has some love.
What would you personally say is the best starting point?

I started with Shadow Dragon a month before Awakening came out and I loved it. I know that it's looked upon as one of the worst in the series, but with no point of reference, I loved the experience and shortly after moved on to FE12's translated version.

After having played Awakening, I've been playing Sacred Stones and I'm a big fan of it. I also watched my brother play through Blazing Sword on the Wii U VC, but I was so engrossed in my Sacred Stones that I have't given it a chance yet.

And of course, Awakening is fantastic, but it has a lot of amenities that the older games don't have, so it might be beneficial to start with the older ones before trying it.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Last edited:

Noro~

Smash Cadet
I, too, started with Shadow Dragon quite a long time ago. Though it's definitely one of the weaker FE titles, I'd recommend it as a starting title due to its basicness. No supports or long dialogues, just basic gameplay. And when you feel that you like that kind of gameplay, you can move on to titles with more complex characters, stories and gameplay mechanics and fall in love with them.

D

Deleted member

Wait... why make a special edition of the game and not include said game? I mean, I understand if the game is too big for an average SD Card that comes with the system, but they could give a physical copy or something bundled in there.
Still, it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Wait... why make a special edition of the game and not include said game? I mean, I understand if the game is too big for an average SD Card that comes with the system, but they could give a physical copy or something bundled in there.
Still, it's pretty cool nonetheless.
Because Nintendo wants to bleed you weebs dry.

MEANWHILE IM STILL SITTING HERE HAPPY WITH THIS THING

ITS SO NICE I LOVE IT

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Ugh, I already have an N3DSXL and I really want that too... but not as much as the new Pokemon Red one (it's a massive nostalgic bomb).

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
What would you personally say is the best starting point?
I would personally say that FE 7 is a good starting point and I just beat it and I hear Sacred Stones also isn't half bad of a starting point.

Although, Fe 7 is (so far) the only Fe I've played.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm actually kind of disappointed in that N3DS. I was hoping for something that stood out more.
Instead the patterns patterns blend into the background.

Eh, whatever. If I wasn't able to get my parents to buy me a New 3DS for Chirstmas, there's no way I'll get them to buy me one now.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Well I'be been looking to invest in a New 3DS as my current regular 3DS is starting to show its age. I think I'll be looking into that sleek Fates one.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I wanted it so badly when I was getting a N3DS, but it was out of stock everywhere I looked except for price scalpers ;_;

Easily the best looking Limited Edition 3DS
The area I live in SOLD OUT IMMEDIATELY of the zelda 3ds, the clerk was even suprised I wanted the Mon Hun edition

D

Deleted member

...Has the craziness in the moveset thread settled down?
It's been decently tame for a little bit.

Mostly because some people seem to have started some fledgling discussions on somewhat interesting topics and because both the double posting and horribly off-topic spam has almost completely stopped (double posting has, spam is still shaky though).

I got to play policeman and told off the chronic double-posters and spammers and it's been a little calmer since, assuming it is that activity to which you are primarily referring.

People still get caught up over minor things that probably won't be significant though, like Corrin's Dair, tbh I feel like the thread has been going in circles about the same stuff recently which is dumb.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I have to say, if I hadn't played Awakening, I probably would not care at all about FE. Admittedly it was the first game I played in the FE series, but I genuinely loved it, and ever since the announcement of Fates and Corrin in Smash, I knew immediately that 1). I was getting Corrin and maining him ASAP and 2). I was buying FE Fates. Probably Conquest if I had to pick one. Bye Cloud, you'll have fun as a secondary. (Not dropping him considering he's my best character.)

What version of Fates would you guys get? (Revelation doesn't count as an FYI)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have to say, if I hadn't played Awakening, I probably would not care at all about FE. Admittedly it was the first game I played in the FE series, but I genuinely loved it, and ever since the announcement of Fates and Corrin in Smash, I knew immediately that 1). I was getting Corrin and maining him ASAP and 2). I was buying FE Fates. Probably Conquest if I had to pick one. Bye Cloud, you'll have fun as a secondary. (Not dropping him considering he's my best character.)

I got both versions, because I have no self-control. Heheh.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
Man, I really wanted a demo, but with Bravely Second getting theirs announced and we got the themed New 3DS, I'm feeling pretty pessimist about our chances.

That aside, to answer Cool Trainer Ace, I'm getting Birthright. I always started with the easiest setting whenever I got a new FE game, and since it's supposed to be easier then Conquest, that's where I'm starting. It also has a cool Eastern aesthetic to it which will be a nice change of pace, and the characters seem more likable to me. Top it off with reportedly having the better story, and you have me.

Edit: To clarify, I'm getting all 3, but Birthright is just coming first.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
If in real life, i would choose Hoshido, because the actions of king Garon, and the things that happened in chapter 5, but i would consider nohr because of the sinblings and Takumi, but Yeah Hoshido

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've managed to secure the Special Edition, so I'll be playing all three paths.

Planning on doing Birthright first, though.

Because the Path of Nohr is overrated

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I played Nohr first.

Maybe it was just me being sentimental, but it was really jarring (and a bit upsetting) to see the siblings like Elise and Camilla, along with their retainers, dressed in red on the overworld screen after having them as allies for 28 chapters.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Elise annoys me more than I care to understand why, so... Birthright just to spite her

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I got both because they have different plot lines.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Hey Corrin is the leader of his army, but he is its strategist too? Like many of others had a tactician (chrom, Ike, Roy, Marth)

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Getting Conquest physical, and a download code for Birthright. Got money sitting in my account for Corrin/Bayonetta and Revelations too.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I'm getting Conquest because I prefer the character designs, unless I can find a special edition.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hoshido is obviously the morally correct choice here, but Nohr is the super edgey one.

My inner Dark Pit is speaking to me. He tells me to side with Nohr, so side with Nohr I shall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom