• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
But the Dynasty Warrior games are boring. Fire Emblem should have a Soul Calibur style game.
Eh. Soul Calibur's...cool, I guess, but way too technical. Gets old fast.
I had to button mash my way through SC II.
It was fun don't get me wrong, I still go back from time to time, but I can't enjoy it at a deeper level because I don't feel like getting into all the complicated button crap.

I did love how all the characters had some inspirational quote at the end of Arcade Mode. Link's? "HYAAAH".

Nah

Smash Champion
Cue Fire Emblem Soul Caliber with everyone speaking English except for Marth and Roy (and Cloud for some reason).
I still don't get why Cloud only speaks Japanese in Smash. Marth and Roy were one thing, since Fire Emblem was Japan-only at the time they were introduced to Smash and that sort of became their thing, but Cloud's from a series that has seen international releases before both his game was made and he debuted in Smash.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Cue Fire Emblem Soul Caliber with everyone speaking English except for Marth and Roy (and Cloud for some reason).
Why would Cloud be in Fire Emblem Soul Calibur? Lol.

I assume Steve Burton didn't come back either because he was busy, possibly dubbing the remake, SE was being super-strict and anal (we only got two tracks after all), or getting the rights to Cloud in the first place cost so much that Nintendo didn't feel like paying for two VAs.

Also possible that they didn't see the worth in hiring two VAs, for optional, add-on content, to dub mostly grunts/screams and a few lines, though they did get Kyle Hebert for Ryu, so *shrugs*

I love Kyle Hebert's Ryu in Smash. "HUAAAARGH-what?"

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Why would Cloud be in Fire Emblem Soul Calibur? Lol.

I assume Steve Burton didn't come back either because he was busy, possibly dubbing the remake, SE was being super-strict and anal (we only got two tracks after all), or getting the rights to Cloud in the first place cost so much that Nintendo didn't feel like paying for two VAs.

Also possible that they didn't see the worth in hiring two VAs, for optional, add-on content, to dub mostly grunts/screams and a few lines, though they did get Kyle Hebert for Ryu, so *shrugs*

I love Kyle Hebert's Ryu in Smash. "HUAAAARGH-what?"
Steve Burton wanted to be called in, actually. They never did though, which makes me sad cause I want to taunt people with "not interested" in English.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
But Bayonetta and Corrin!

Another possibility could be that they really wanted to keep Cloud a secret, so the less people involved, the better... any chance that Steve Burton has leaked things before and they didn't want to take the risk of him doing it again? Then again, I can't argue with SE being oddly stingy with their properties at times, so it could just have been them.

Steve Burton wanted to be called in, actually. They never did though, which makes me sad cause I want to taunt people with "not interested" in English.
Maybe they thought that Cloud's gruff, serious, English voice sounded too out of place? But Ike and Ganondorf... ah, who knows?

Fun side note- I use an avatar in Final Fantasy XIV based off of Fate's Odin (named Odin Eudes appropriately) and whenever I have to raise a fallen party member, I have it say "A hero is never idle! On your feet!" For the first time today, after months of using it, someone finally caught the reference and said I made their day. Not too shabby.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I wonder if :4corrin:/:4corrinf:will be the superior Fire Emblem representative? I assume that everyone has Etika's analysis of Corrin?
(I honestly can't wait for Etika to play Corrin he's so excited for him/her.)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder if :4corrin:/:4corrinf:will be the superior Fire Emblem representative? I assume that everyone has Etika's analysis of Corrin?
(I honestly can't wait for Etika to play Corrin he's so excited for him/her.)
Etika annoys the **** out of me.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
But Bayonetta and Corrin!

Another possibility could be that they really wanted to keep Cloud a secret, so the less people involved, the better... any chance that Steve Burton has leaked things before and they didn't want to take the risk of him doing it again? Then again, I can't argue with SE being oddly stingy with their properties at times, so it could just have been them.
I'd be willing to bet that they couldn't just hire Steve directly, and would have to go through SE, which would mean paying more.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My goal had been to defeat Hector Hard Mode in FE7 before FE Fates releases in February, but things came up and it's looking less and less like that'll be the case. We'll see though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My goal had been to defeat Hector Hard Mode in FE7 before FE Fates releases in February, but things came up and it's looking less and less like that'll be the case. We'll see though.
Get on my level, since last July I've been playing through the entire series from game 1 - currently on FE12. Admittedly not all on hard mode (depended on how masochistic I felt while starting the game), and I'll probably have until later than February to complete them at this rate. For Awakening though, I do plan to try and ramp up the difficulty - so stuff like no pair up, no children, no second seals, and so on.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Get on my level, since last July I've been playing through the entire series from game 1 - currently on FE12. Admittedly not all on hard mode (depended on how masochistic I felt while starting the game), and I'll probably have until later than February to complete them at this rate. For Awakening though, I do plan to try and ramp up the difficulty - so stuff like no pair up, no children, no second seals, and so on.
I've never actually used the second seals on Awakening

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I actualy like the second seals (but the paralel seal of fates is very more balanced than the second) because i can get all skills i want (skill=power \○/)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hate second seals. Seeing Lucina with Noire's body in blue just breaks the immersion for me. I mean, sure, they're useful if you like to grind, but they're still weird to look at.

I hear that the new "parallel seals" in Fates don't reset your level but still give you skills, so that's nice, but still have the same problem of reusing generic models and blue textures for everyone. Especially if they're reclassed to the new Oni Savage class, which is super muscular not matter if you're male or female.
I would, but I'm not in a position where I have access to every Fire Emblem games. And no one suggest emulators - I only play games legally.

But I've yet to test my wits against the infamous HHM, so I think that sounds like a great way to hype up for the new game, especially considering that I've heard that Conquest Lunatic is comparable in difficulty.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I hate second seals. Seeing Lucina with Noire's body in blue just breaks the immersion for me. I mean, sure, they're useful if you like to grind, but they're still weird to look at.

I hear that the new "parallel seals" in Fates don't reset your level but still give you skills, so that's nice, but still have the same problem of reusing generic models and blue textures for everyone. Especially if they're reclassed to the new Oni Savage class, which is super muscular not matter if you're male or female.
The good thing about the Second/Parallel Seals is that they're completely optional. It'd be ridiculous to have unique models for every character in every class, so they're there if you want to use them. Extra skills are nice, so you could always switch back to your default class after you get them. Also, you can teach all the characters new skills through Streepass tutor apparently, so you won't even need to change class if you don't want to.

Noro~

Smash Cadet
For Awakening though, I do plan to try and ramp up the difficulty - so stuff like no pair up, no children, no second seals, and so on
Sadly, considering how easy normal- and hard-mode are in that game and how stupidly frustrating lunatic is, I feel like challenges like these are the only way to enjoy Awakening anymore.
My current run involves no pair ups, second seals for level reset ONLY, no promotions, no children and no DLC. To compensate for the low caps of my units I started on normal mode, though hard would seem possible up to this point (end of the first arc).

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think hard is only easy if you grind, or you get good stats when leveling, because some chapters you will really need power.
For me Normal=easy Hard=Normal Lunatic=PraytoAnnaorRNGwillkillyou

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Question to anyone who has played the imported version of Fire emblem Fates: what classes and weapons are exclusive to each version of the game?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So I moved my Wii U into my room and into the second HDMI slot on my primary monitor. Thus, giving me more time to play games on the Wii U.

Of course by "games" I really mean "Xenoblade Chronicles X". Hence the reason I'm no longer here as often. (Not that you're really missing my "charming" personality). And I've got some questions... How viable is it to mix 'n match weapons from different classes? More specifically, is it viable to take a Sniper Rifle and Photon Blade? Also, is there a limit to how many classes you can level up?

As for how far I am, I'm currently working towards unlock Chapter 6.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Question to anyone who has played the imported version of Fire emblem Fates: what classes and weapons are exclusive to each version of the game?
Not all classes and weapons are entirely exclusive - some of them are just less abundant. Anyway, Serenes Forest has a list.

Hoshio Classes
Nohr Classes
Weapons

Nah

Smash Champion
And I've got some questions... How viable is it to mix 'n match weapons from different classes? More specifically, is it viable to take a Sniper Rifle and Photon Blade? Also, is there a limit to how many classes you can level up?

The answer to your second question is no, there is no limit to how many classes you can level up. If you play long enough you could hit level 10 in every single class in the game.

As for the first, I'm not sure. I just got to level 10 in Galactic Knight yesterday, so I can finally start experimenting with mixing weapons. I imagine that it's probably not a terrible idea though and depends on how you play and what arts are available to you from your weapon choices.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
So I moved my Wii U into my room and into the second HDMI slot on my primary monitor. Thus, giving me more time to play games on the Wii U.

Of course by "games" I really mean "Xenoblade Chronicles X". Hence the reason I'm no longer here as often. (Not that you're really missing my "charming" personality). And I've got some questions... How viable is it to mix 'n match weapons from different classes? More specifically, is it viable to take a Sniper Rifle and Photon Blade? Also, is there a limit to how many classes you can level up?

Mixing weapons can lead into some extremely fun and powerful combo!
For example right now the most used set is the Longsword with the Dual Guns because how stupidly strong and easy to make is the Blossom Dance+Decoy combo but that doesn't mean is the only "OP" build in the game, for example you can pick the Shield as melee weapon and whatever else for doing a topple lock build which is pretty powerful as well but require some major grind.

Now I'm personally running Knife and Dual Guns in a set focused on the sleep, it was pretty long to make but the results were also really good, just take a look at this:
I missed for nothing the 99.999.999 max Overdrive damage :(

Obviously these are all endgame's build and for the story you can really run whatever set you want.
Photon Saber+Sniper Rifle seems to me a nice combo for how strong (damage wise) are the arts for both the weapons but at the same time gaining TP can be pretty slow (if you aim to do an Overdrive focused set) so I recommend you to unlock the Photon Saber's art which invert the current HP with TP and viceversa (I can't really remember the name but it's unlocked after the first Yelv's affinity mission) or crafting some "Arts gains TP" augments which are really useful. Other than this I can't really help you since it's up to you choosing the various arts you want, the Sniper Rifle one which increase both ranged attack and precision it's pretty good, Afterburner is extremely powerful and the Photon Saber have some pretty good Auras, so you can do a lot of powerful combination with only these two weapons.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
So which secondary class you will choose in fates? In hoshido i'm going with wyvern rider as a secondary, and in nohr with oni savage, and i think with spellcaster or priest in IK and i will stay was a nohr prince in 4° choice

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So which secondary class you will choose in fates? In hoshido i'm going with wyvern rider as a secondary, and in nohr with oni savage, and i think with spellcaster or priest in IK and i will stay was a nohr prince in 4° choice
I went with Ninja in both Hoshido and Nohr.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Wait, what exactly are secondary classes?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
And it went good? You go as a elite ninja or pupetter?
It went pretty well. I upgraded both Suzukaze and myself to Elite Ninjas, and we were a pretty good team. Heheh.

When you make your character in Fates, you can choose a secondary class that you will be able to access using seals. For example, I chose Ninja, so that meant I could access the Elite Ninja and Puppeteer classes via seals.

Every (or at least most of) class accesible in Fates can be chosen as a secondary class.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'll probably choose in all 3 games the Wyvern Rider (a dragon riding a dragon is just epic).

Noro~

Smash Cadet
I'd make Wyvern Rider my primary class if i could! So yeah, Wyvern Rider all the way. I just wish we'd get a modern version of the GBA Wyvern Lords so we could use the Yato (or any sword for that matter) while riding a Wyvern. Ah, the good old GBA Wyvern Lords...

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
If I go Dark Mage as a secondary class and evolve Corrin into the Dark Prince class (the Nohr-exclusive promotion), would the class take my skill rank with tomes from my Dark Mage/Sorcerer class and apply it to the Dark Prince?

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'd make Wyvern Rider my primary class if i could! So yeah, Wyvern Rider all the way. I just wish we'd get a modern version of the GBA Wyvern Lords so we could use the Yato (or any sword for that matter) while riding a Wyvern. Ah, the good old GBA Wyvern Lords...
The Wyvern Lord still have axes and lances like Awakening and the alternative promote from Wyvern Knight, the Revenant Knight, use axes and tomes (which is pretty cool imo).
If I go Dark Mage as a secondary class and evolve Corrin into the Dark Prince class (the Nohr-exclusive promotion), would the class take my skill rank with tomes from my Dark Mage/Sorcerer class and apply it to the Dark Prince?
Yes.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yes, but the max tome rank of dark blood (nohr promotion to corrin) is B while sorcerer is S so if you reclass sorcerer to dark blood your rank will be B

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
When you make your character in Fates, you can choose a secondary class that you will be able to access using seals. For example, I chose Ninja, so that meant I could access the Elite Ninja and Puppeteer classes via seals.

Every (or at least most of) class accesible in Fates can be chosen as a secondary class.
Ah, that makes sense.

I think my secondary class would either be Knight, Paladin, or what ever the equivalent to a sage is.
(Possibly Great Knight as well)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It went pretty well. I upgraded both Suzukaze and myself to Elite Ninjas, and we were a pretty good team. Heheh.

To build on this, unlike Awakening, the avatar can't switch into any class the avatar's sex allows. So you are far more limited than before.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I see the original topic is completely out the window.
Well, this is just meant as a social thread. As long as it can be linked back to Corrin, idle chitchat and the like is allowed here.

Top Bottom