• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
For M!Corrin, I'll probably go with the blue alt, and for F!Corrin, I'll be going with the black and yellow since it reminds me of Batgirl's armour.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I'll be taking advantage of the fact that Corrin seems to be one of the few fighters with a really nice green alt.
All of Corrin's colors are really nice though. Maybe he's even on the level of :4falcon: when it comes to alternate colors.

Remedy

Waifu Wars
NNID
MildRemedy
I think the numbers are incredibly low in comparison to last year. Seeing the amount of results of solo Lucina in the Tournament Results for Wii U just makes me super sad.
Are you really surprised though?

Pheva

Smash Cadet
I'm so glad they censored female Corrin's legs for Smash. It was a really stupid and sexist aspect of the original character.

Fates' designs in general are pretty gross. At least Corrin doesn't have exposed supposedly strategic battle panties. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm so glad they censored female Corrin's legs for Smash. It was a really stupid and sexist aspect of the original character.

Fates' designs in general are pretty gross. At least Corrin doesn't have exposed supposedly strategic battle panties. Ridiculous.
Bruh, the panties make enemies stare at Camilla so much, they forget she's about to slice their heads open

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm probably going to play Black, and if I get sick of that it'll be Default female. We'll see.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
You underestimate how pervy humanity is
It's just really difficult to believe someone would think its a good idea to go up against thousands of disciplined soldiers like that.

To me it just sounds like a Japanese video game artist just didn't really give a crap when designing things, but I could just be crazy.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

It's a shame Nintendo forgot to sensor Shulk's undies too.... ─ Oh wait, it's only sexist if it happens with women.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
It's a shame Nintendo forgot to sensor Shulk's undies too.... ─ Oh wait, it's only sexist if it happens with women.
Funny how you're totally forgetting the other aspect of Corrin, the male version.

If male Corrin gets leg protection then female Corrin should too. It is not equal and thats why it's sexist. If female Corrin remains uncensored, then male Corrin better put on some damn thigh highs.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Funny how you're totally forgetting the other aspect of Corrin, the male version.

If male Corrin gets leg protection then female Corrin should too. It is not equal and thats why it's sexist. If female Corrin remains uncensored, then male Corrin better put on some damn thigh highs.
It doesn't matter if whatever Kamui gets a little more of exposition if the game already has Shulk with the biggest exposition that is possible without showing his parts.
Perhaps, if you really want to play that game, so it's sexist that there is no female character at all to counter Shulk's extreme exposition.
#freeSamusUndiesNow #Equality

Last edited:

Pheva

Smash Cadet
It doesn't matter if whatever Kamui gets a little more of exposition if the game already has Shulk with the biggest exposition that is possible without showing his parts.
Perhaps, if you really want to play that game, so it's sexist that there is no female character at all to counter Shulk's extreme exposition.
#freeSamusUndiesNow #Equality
So if Shulk balances out Corrin's legs, then by this logic Zero Suit Samus should throw it into inbalance again due to having TWO alts exposing some skin. This is inane logic. People really can't use Shulk as a defense for this kinda stuff forever.

Since Both Corrin variants are the same character and are SUPPOSED to be equal, they should be represented as such. It is not reflected in their character designs. Robin does this right. Both Robins have the same outfit, with fem Robin's outfit altered to suit a female, with no major changes to throw it into equality.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
So if Shulk balances out Corrin's legs, then by this logic Zero Suit Samus should throw it into inbalance again due to having TWO alts exposing some skin. This is inane logic. People really can't use Shulk as a defense for this kinda stuff forever.

Since Both Corrin variants are the same character and are SUPPOSED to be equal, they should be represented as such. It is not reflected in their character designs. Robin does this right. Both Robins have the same outfit, with fem Robin's outfit altered to suit a female, with no major changes to throw it into equality.
None of Samus outfits are literally just an underwear hanging around, and even if Kamui's outfit wasn't "censored", it would still not be just an underwear hanging around, so no, those cannot bring imbalance because they can't even balance out Shulk's naught outfit at all.
You are just one of those people who likes to throw "sexism" everywhere, you say that it would the biggest sin in the world if female and male Kamui had different costumes, but keep ignoring the fact that even if female Kamui was different, the "sexist" balance would still be tipping in the male side because of Shulk.
Unless we get a character that shows her parts, you can't throw "sexism" in this game. Can't even think about throwing it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
None of Samus outfits are literally just an underwear hanging around, and even if Kamui's outfit wasn't "censored", it would still not be just an underwear hanging around, so no, those cannot bring imbalance because they can't even balance out Shulk's naught outfit at all.
You are just one of those people who likes to throw "sexism" everywhere, you say that it would the biggest sin in the world if female and male Kamui had different costumes, but keep ignoring the fact that even if female Kamui was different, the "sexist" balance would still be tipping in the male side because of Shulk.
Unless we get a character that shows her parts, we can't throw "sexism" in this game. Can't even think about throwing it.
First of all, technically, Shulk shows his nipples, second, while I agree saying the thigh gap would be dumb is well, dumb, I can't say I agree with you. The Zero Suit is revealing enough. Funny enough, last time I remember genuine sexism in gaming was Other M...**** YOU MALKOVICH

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Unless we get a character that shows her parts, you can't throw "sexism" in this game. Can't even think about throwing it.
I'm not debating the arbitrary "balance" you are asserting is there in the game as a whole, I'm discussing sexism within the context of Corrin. And since both Corrin's outfits are different from one another with the one for the female sex having a clear design descision that only exists for sex appeal with male Corrin having no equivalent, it is blatantly sexist.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
First of all, technically, Shulk shows his nipples, second, while I agree saying the thigh gap would be dumb is well, dumb, I can't say I agree with you. The Zero Suit is revealing enough. Funny enough, last time I remember genuine sexism in gaming was Other M...**** YOU MALKOVICH
While Samus' "decision" to obey Malkovich had nothing to do with sex, it was a horrible plot decision anyway, so yeah, F*** that game.
And what do you mean by "it revealing enough"? The shorts costumes still reveals less than Shulk's undies and the other costumes are no more revealing than Falcon's costumes.... and anyway, Falcon and Shulk are also "revealing enough" too then, so why complain about female Kamui?
I'm not debating the arbitrary "balance" you are asserting is there in the game as a whole, I'm discussing sexism within the context of Corrin. And since both Corrin's outfits are different from one another with the one for the female sex having a clear design descision that only exists for sex appeal with male Corrin having no equivalent, it is blatantly sexist.
Yes, I understand that, you are ignoring the WHOLE context which is "sexist" towards men and are nitpicking just a very small part of the whole context which suits your agenda.
In the whole context, it's still more sexist to men than to women....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
While Samus' "decision" to obey Malkovich had nothing to do with sex, it was a horrible plot decision anyway, so yeah, F*** that game.
And what do you mean by "it revealing enough"? The shorts costumes still reveals less than Shulk's undies and the other costumes are no more revealing than Falcon's costumes.... and anyway, Falcon and Shulk are also "revealing enough" too then, so why complain about female Kamui?

Yes, I understand that, you are ignoring the WHOLE context which is "sexist" towards men and are nitpicking just a very small part of the whole context which suits your agenda.
Sexism isn't about sex tho...Sexism is racism based on one's gender. Samus being an obedient woman who felt weak without a man who constantly gave her orders? Sexist, as Samus, who is a female role model, would be promoting an abusive relationship where the woman is treated like ****

Pheva

Smash Cadet
I'm beginning to think I'm not actually arguing with a legitimate person and instead a robot manufactured to spout some of the most bizarre rhetoric about women's portrayal in video games despite it not making sense.

Shulk and Zero Suit Samus have absolutely nothing to do with Corrin at all. None of the three are meant to be reflections of eachother in any way. Both Corrins are only supposed to reflect eachother, and in Fire Emblem Fates they are not portrayed equally. (that's pretty much the definition of sexism, in case you didn't know that. It doesn't seem like you do.) Your arbitrary balance argument holds no water because it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I don't think you comprehed what sexism truly means or how to properly identify it either.

If you want another example of what I'm talking about you can look at the Rathalos Armor mii costume. It does the exact same thing Corrin does in Fire Emblem Fates.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, how in the hell did this thread turn into an argument about sexism? I thought we were here to discuss Corrin in Smash Bros, not the ins and outs of how different sexes are portrayed in video games.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Okay, how in the hell did this thread turn into an argument about sexism? I thought we were here to discuss Corrin in Smash Bros, not the ins and outs of how different sexes are portrayed in video games.
I was discussing an instance of censorship in Smash I approved of and now Samus and Shulk have something to do with something and also some thing that's basically like a sexy balance thing? I have no idea.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I was discussing an instance of censorship in Smash I approved of and now Samus and Shulk have something to do with something and also some thing that's basically like a sexy balance thing? I have no idea.
Ah, I see. Reading through the thread, I see where you're coming from. I've played Fates myself, and I know what you're talking about regarding female Corrin's armor.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Ah, I see. Reading through the thread, I see where you're coming from. I've played Fates myself, and I know what you're talking about regarding female Corrin's armor.
Yeah. Unfortunately its such a common trope that doesn't seem to be coming to an end any time soon. Its such a pet peeve I have with anime and other Japanese influenced media.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

*This picture is in no way a means of distracting the thread from it's discussion of sexism in Smash Bros or gaming in general, but is rather a peace offering to all sides that we might once again unite under our shared love for our Dragon Lord/Lady!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Let's be honest, there is no wrong way to Corrin!

While I like the colors, I'm a little bit sad that we didn't seem to get "White Blood" and "Black Blood" variants like Cipher. The black one kinda works, but a pure white one would have been fantastic.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Sexism isn't about sex tho...Sexism is racism based on one's gender. Samus being an obedient woman who felt weak without a man who constantly gave her orders? Sexist, as Samus, who is a female role model, would be promoting an abusive relationship where the woman is treated like ****
That's exactly what I said.... the reason Samus was obedient had nothing to do with gender (or sex).... at least not plot-wise. It was Malkovich being an a-hole and saying "we all need to work together to survive, but by working together I mean 'do whatever I say or gtfo'" and she didn't have much of an option.... there was also some romance bs involved, but at least she didn't want to obey him and was forced to. Not for sex/gender reasons.
It does still feel like sexism anyway, though....
I'm beginning to think I'm not actually arguing with a legitimate person and instead a robot manufactured to spout some of the most bizarre rhetoric about women's portrayal in video games despite it not making sense.

Shulk and Zero Suit Samus have absolutely nothing to do with Corrin at all. None of the three are meant to be reflections of eachother in any way. Both Corrins are only supposed to reflect eachother, and in Fire Emblem Fates they are not portrayed equally. (that's pretty much the definition of sexism, in case you didn't know that. It doesn't seem like you do.) Your arbitrary balance argument holds no water because it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I don't think you comprehed what sexism truly means or how to properly identify it either.

If you want another example of what I'm talking about you can look at the Rathalos Armor mii costume. It does the exact same thing Corrin does in Fire Emblem Fates.
Again, ignoring the whole portrait and focusing only on the bit that fills your agenda.

Last edited:

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
I use default male Robin, which is weird for me because I never do that for any fighting game. Not sure if I'll do the same for Corrin, but I might, we'll see.

Also not getting into this whole debacle, but the majority of designs in Fates are actually very good. There are just certain ones that stand out more because of obvious reasons.

Top Bottom