• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
i am so happy we got corrin in smash i am a big fire emblem fan and we deserved it yess!!!!!!!!!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I don't understand why people are mad that we're getting another person with a sword. I mean, sure, they're all wielding swords, and similar moves are to be expected due to that fact (after all, there are only so many ways a person can swing a sword), but almost all of them play completely differently from each other. Mario and Luigi have similar moves, why did nobody complain about that? People are just complaining for the sake of complaining, because the character they wanted (who didn't have a snowball's chance in hell) didn't get in.

C'est la vie, I suppose.
Because apparently, swordfighters were just the "in" thing to hate in Smash 4. I mean yes, we did get a decent number of newcomers who wield :4miisword:, but besides :4lucina: and "kind of" :4feroy:, they all play very differently and have a lot of variety between them. Yes, as you said there are only so many ways you can swing a sword, which does lead to some similar moves, visual and execution wise, but the exact same could be said for punches or kicks! So yes, sword-user hate is just an arbitrary criticism because we got several of them this round.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Because apparently, swordfighters were just the "in" thing to hate in Smash 4. I mean yes, we did get a decent number of newcomers who wield :4miisword:, but besides :4lucina: and "kind of" :4feroy:, they all play very differently and have a lot of variety between them. Yes, as you said there are only so many ways you can swing a sword, which does lead to some similar moves, visual and execution wise, but the exact same could be said for punches or kicks! So yes, sword-user hate is just an arbitrary criticism because we got several of them this round.
And swordfighters don't even make up as big of a percent of the roster as people think they do! People think 99% of the roster are swordfighters, but in reality, we only have 15 sword fighters, out of a 58-man roster! I can understand complaints, not everyone is gonna be satisfied with everything, but at least make sure your complaints are based in fact.

Benoas

Smash Cadet
I think one of the reasons people are mad is because of the lack of an axe or lance wielder, seeing those are just as important in FE games.

Though I honestly don't see much that could be interesting in a axe fighter and Corrins dragon fang attacks are pretty much what I imagined from a lance wielder!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think one of the reasons people are mad is because of the lack of an axe or lance wielder, seeing those are just as important in FE games.

Though I honestly don't see much that could be interesting in a axe fighter and Corrins dragon fang attacks are pretty much what I imagined from a lance wielder!
Corrin's Dragon Fang, when manifested in the ways like in their FSmash and side special, are pretty much a lance in and of themselves, so that's the second part of the weapon triangle covered. We'd just need an axe wielder to even it all out.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Corrin's Dragon Fang, when manifested in the ways like in their FSmash and side special, are pretty much a lance in and of themselves, so that's the second part of the weapon triangle covered. We'd just need an axe wielder to even it all out.
Even from a mechanical standpoint, Corrin's fsmash is the lance fsmash of my dreams.
[] Super long reach, but narrow
[] More powerful at the tip
[] You can angle it at least 10 degrees
[BONUS] hitbox is out while charging

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
If we need an axe wielder, Camilla for Sma5h!
You better believe Camilla got dat axe. Unf.

She got dat axe like dayum.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Even from a mechanical standpoint, Corrin's fsmash is the lance fsmash of my dreams.
[] Super long reach, but narrow
[] More powerful at the tip
[] You can angle it at least 10 degrees
[BONUS] hitbox is out while charging
It's the FSmash literally any other lance wielder would have, and that's what makes it perfect.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Among the Fire Emblem fans who complain about there being too many swords, than yes. However, if that was the only reason people were upset about swords, than characters like Link, Shulk, and Pit wouldn't be cited as examples of sword wielders.

A lot of the sword haters just want something to complain about.

I don't actually find Camilla that attractive. She's too forced. But whatever, Hector is still better nonetheless.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
As a Final Fantasy fan, Corrin is the most literal take on a dragoon idea that I've ever seen. They even transforms their limbs into a pole arm to attack which is awesome! (S)he may hold a sword, but most of their moveset focuses on body transformation to attack which is extremely unique whether you like the character or not.

Me in February.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Almost like that was the goal, haha.
The world may never know...

In other news:
And then there were 8.
Now I see why people wanted MechaFiora on the ballot.
What would you folks say? Half way through the game now?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So I got ObsidianWasp's beautiful picture of Takumi and made it an emote. Have fun with it.

Use it for all of your plopping purposes.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The world may never know...

In other news:
And then there were 8.
Now I see why people wanted MechaFiora on the ballot.
What would you folks say? Half way through the game now?
Two-thirds, I'd say.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hello there, friends. It's me, your friendly neighborhood Bayonetta supporter here once again! Who likes stained glass artwork of their favorite characters? I know I do. So if you're in the same boat as me, you'll be pleased to know that Quas-Quas on deviantART just finished their drawings of stained glass Corrin, both male and female!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
And swordfighters don't even make up as big of a percent of the roster as people think they do! People think 99% of the roster are swordfighters, but in reality, we only have 15 sword fighters, out of a 58-man roster! I can understand complaints, not everyone is gonna be satisfied with everything, but at least make sure your complaints are based in fact.
Exactly! 15 out of 58 is only roughly 25% of the roster, which is really not that much when you look at the rest of the roster. There are FAR more "physical fighters" (this list is FAR from precise, but basically I just chose all the characters who fight primarily with their hands/feet/other body parts,:4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4ryu::4sheik::4sonic::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zss::4wario2:) than swordfighters. And look, this list of characters is just as diverse as our list of swordfighters, but I guess because swords are more quantifiable than punches, they still get ****.

Oh she's got it all right!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's worth noting that some of those supports are some of the best in the series, do look forward to some golden ones like F!Corrin/Xander (provided all the symbolism and imagery makes it through localization).
Nah man. Different strokes for different folks. There have been quite a few top-tier supports in FE history and Kamui/Xander was not one of them.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Hello there, friends. It's me, your friendly neighborhood Bayonetta supporter here once again! Who likes stained glass artwork of their favorite characters? I know I do. So if you're in the same boat as me, you'll be pleased to know that Quas-Quas on deviantART just finished their drawings of stained glass Corrin, both male and female!

Love the dragon wings.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
a little late but here are my Corrins, I will use all of them in Revelations:D
She is my Hoshido Corrin, her name is Rosbell she is the Ancestor/Descendent of my Awakening Robin "Lareine"

He will be my main Character in Revelation story, I don't know what would be his name but I'm thinking:)

and... he is me:3 I'm going to put on him my favourite class "Dark Knight"

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Nah man. Different strokes for different folks. There have been quite a few top-tier supports in FE history and Kamui/Xander was not one of them.
The amount of symbolism, imagery, subtlety and emotion is tremendous, not to mention how it develops both characters simultaneously. The support is nothing short of brilliant from a writing standpoint.

Edit: I really haven't seen a support quite like Kamui/Marx in the series that demands so much engagement and in depth analysis of its audience otherwise they won't understand it enough. Heck, I haven't seen this much depth in games writing in general aside for a bare few like various lines in Soul Reaver and Planescape Torment.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The amount of symbolism, imagery, subtlety and emotion is tremendous, not to mention how it develops both characters simultaneously. The support is nothing short of brilliant from a writing standpoint.

Edit: I really haven't seen a support quite like Kamui/Marx in the series that demands so much engagement and in depth analysis of its audience otherwise they won't understand it enough. Heck, I haven't seen this much depth in games writing in general aside for a bare few like various lines in Soul Reaver and Planescape Torment.
Nothing about it thrills or impresses me.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
They only take payments in yen, right? Do they convert it automatically?
yeah, they make you use paypal for your first order anyway, which converts it for you.

if you're interested in anything else vaguely anime, they have a tonne of it. i can't wait to do a little haul after Christmas haha, their pre-owned section of figures are pretty cheap.

Last edited:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Nothing about it thrills or impresses me.
Really? Not the imagery and symbolism of the swinging blades? Not the irony of having spent time together in the past? Not the fear of a seemingly foreign feeling even when the state the characters exist in is that of loneliness?

Huh, guess people don't like good writing sometimes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As a Final Fantasy fan, Corrin is the most literal take on a dragoon idea that I've ever seen. They even transforms their limbs into a pole arm to attack which is awesome! (S)he may hold a sword, but most of their moveset focuses on body transformation to attack which is extremely unique whether you like the character or not.

Me in February.
Bayo be like 'You want to TOUCH ME? ♪Bang Bang, down down again♪'
Also, how many of us are also maining Corrin because of how salty the haters are?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm just playing Corrin because they look amazing. Also, I love Fire Emblem in general.

I don't actually have any intention of buying Fates! Also, the opinions of other people on characters that I like (including Corrin, N Neoleo21 ), do not dissuade me or influence me in any way. If people want to hate on Corrin, **** them then. If people say things about characters I use that aren't true ("Mewtwo is trash"), or things that just annoy me in general, **** them as well. Happy holidays~

I chose DK, Ike, and Mewtwo because I love those characters, I like how they play, and it makes me happy to use them. Same goes for all the rest of the Fire Emblem characters, and Corrin is no different. It helps that Corrin looks very fun and unique.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen That's basically one of the main reasons why I'll be maining him/her just for that.

And the fact that many people were annoyed by the number of Fire Emblem reps in Smash has also influenced me to pick up Marth as a possible main as well.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

I love these so much... now all that's left is the tarot cards which are going to be amazing!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
GameXplain has uploaded gameplay footage of the English version of Fates.

HOWEVER

Said gameplay footage comes from Chapter 5 of Fates. For anyone here that's played the game or seen a video or read about it, you know its context. For anyone that wants to remain blind but wish to see some gameplay footage, The time is between 5:51 - 10:50

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm actually very happy with Garon's VA in this.

At the start of the fight I was like just nooooooo you shouldn't put Kaze there! He'll die and when he put Sakura over to the right I was like...rip! You have to really be careful in moving your units in Chapter 5 and use Kamui to both tank and bait out other attacks. I'd also heavily recommend you getting the most mileage out of your allies on chapter 4 to make chapter 5 a smoother experience.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Bayo be like 'You want to TOUCH ME? ♪Bang Bang, down down again♪'
Also, how many of us are also maining Corrin because of how salty the haters are?
Nah, I'm using Corrin just because I FE and I like dragons.

Salt did influence my decision to use Lucina and Dark Pit as much as I do, however.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
GameXplain has uploaded gameplay footage of the English version of Fates.

HOWEVER

Said gameplay footage comes from Chapter 5 of Fates. For anyone here that's played the game or seen a video or read about it, you know its context. For anyone that wants to remain blind but wish to see some gameplay footage, The time is between 5:51 - 10:50
That gameplay is painful to watch.
Nice to know that the English VA is much better than the Corrin reveal trailer though.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Eh, the salty haters are just a bonus for me. I'm maining Corrin because they're a character I know and care about, they have an awesome character design, Fates hype, and because they look to have an insanely cool moveset!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
One BONUS reason that i will use corrin is because my friends was so salty when he was confimed( They alredy hate how my F Robin is a monster, imagine what I will do with a half-dragon)[i'm expecting that in March tounament of my town 90% of bayonetas 9% of other characters and only me as Kamui/Corrin]

Top Bottom