• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I just had to pop in and say that Kamui. Feels. AMAZING. I'm already having a freaking blast, this kit is nuts. Purple palette is top tier, she looks and sounds just like I'd hoped. Also boy do we have a lot of moves that kill. XD Not to mention frame-trapping aerials, holy ****.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So first off, Corrin feels *amazing*.

Down to business!

Aerials are GREAT. Fair is amazing, and uair has unexpected kill power. That said, the bair seems odd. I'm having trouble anticipating it landing because of the distance boost, and it's hitboxes don't seem reliable.

Corrin has so much killpower overall.

Has anyone found any good options out of throw? What throws seem most useful?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Idk if it's known already, but you can charge the bite without fulling charging the shot by hitting B immediately and holding it after shooting the projectile.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I come bearing terrible news.

Corrin's speed equip is shoes.

NX PRE-ORDER CANCLED

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I've missed this feeling of being able to short-hop fast-fall forward airs. You can rack a surprising amount of them up considering the fantastic angle it sends at. If you get a single air dodge read up-b can kill early with rage.

Also very surprised with Dragon Fang. The cool down is extremely low and you still have time to perform aerials in a full hop. Corrin feels like s/he should be able to zone incredibly, especially with that amazing projectile and forward smash.

I can imagine down tilt being the source of many 50/50 KO setups from either up-air or up-b. It has low knockback scaling and the trajectory couldn't be any more perfect. Corrin feels very nice.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I'm picking up Kamui, the character feels very good to me.
Also some pretty nice strings I figured out, just note that the majority of these don't true combo.

Low percents
Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Dtilt -> Charge Fsmash close range hitbox (Also works if you begin with Ftilt into Dtilt into Ftilt into charge Fsmash)
Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Dtilt -> Grab
Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Dtilt -> Utilt -> Uair
Dtilt -> Utilt -> Dtilt -> Utilt -> Uair
Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Side B pin down

Mid percents
Dtilt -> Usmash
Dtilt -> Utilt -> Uair
Fair -> Fair
Fair -> Uair

I find these pretty good if your opponent doesn't expect these.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Has anyone found any good options out of throw? What throws seem most useful?
Nothing yet that I've seen. Up Throw is looking the best at the moment just for raw kill power.

Other quick thoughts on Corrin.
Draconic Ascent doesn't have quite as good vertical recovery as I was expecting, but it's still pretty good
Dragon Lunge sticking on walls as a recovery option is SO GOOD! This move in general is just fantastic.
DFS has some really nice utility as a ledge coverage option thanks to the bite.
Corrin is just a super fun character!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I come bearing terrible news.

Corrin's speed equip is shoes.

NX PRE-ORDER CANCLED
Amusingly, Wii Fit Trainer uses the Shoes equipment herself, despite not wearing any shoes to begin with. Also, Ryu is able to use the Shin Guards equipment, despite the fact that they're not even present on his outfit.

CanadianMegaMan

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but the forward smash has a hitbox during it's charging animation. The sword in Corrin's hand is a multihit hitbox that seems to pull them into the stab.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but the forward smash has a hitbox during it's charging animation. The sword in Corrin's hand is a multihit hitbox that seems to pull them into the stab.
Yes, this was just brought up on the last page, and has been discussed in both this thread and the moveset discussion thread.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hello, friends! I have a special announcement for you! I am giving away one code for Corrin on each console! (3DS and Wii U). If you would like one of these codes, please feel free to let me know (i would prefer it if you couldn't buy them otherwise though)!
The Wii U code is still available for the taking~

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
After playing Femui for an hour, here are my thoughts
Corrin's got a good mix in laggy but strong moves and quick, but weaker moves, Dragon Lunge doesn't always pin foes down, Utilt surprisingly enough dodges Vision, all aerials move a good purpose, Counter Surge seems to have fixed knockback, Dragon Ascent is pretty bad overall, and the smashes are rather meh when spacing incorrectly. Corrin also seems rather heavy
Pros: Nice costumes, great damage, Dragon Fang Shot, Dragon Lunge, powerful Counter, aerials and Fsmash
Cons: Pretty laggy, Usmash can't hit easily, throws leave a lot to be desired and Europe doesn't have a release date for Fates smh

Nahric

Smash Rookie
Has any one else found that if you DL in the opposite direction you're sprinting it can easily stick to the ground?

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Nothing yet that I've seen. Up Throw is looking the best at the moment just for raw kill power.

Other quick thoughts on Corrin.
Draconic Ascent doesn't have quite as good vertical recovery as I was expecting, but it's still pretty good
Dragon Lunge sticking on walls as a recovery option is SO GOOD! This move in general is just fantastic.
DFS has some really nice utility as a ledge coverage option thanks to the bite.
Corrin is just a super fun character!

That's actually really clever.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I love the fact that went Corrin jumps, water circle-y things appear below.

D

Deleted member

Something I found. Not sure if anyone else has, but just in-case~

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Who is this "Lucas" and why was he my main? :p

Jokes aside, I love Corrin so far. Not just the gameplay, but the design and personality (of fem corrin). Female Corrin is so snappy. Girl got sass!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I've been looking at the Corrin trailer and something caught my eye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMvgKqMWAlg&t=1m22s

The Dragon Fang he uses on Link a scene later uses the exact same animation as he does on WFT. Against WFT, Corrin has the telltale sparkle to indicate a Smash has been activated, but then the Omega Yato is used before Dragon Fang is. Does Corrin's Fsmash change depending on positioning similar to Ryu's Final Smash, where closeup Corrin uses the Omega Yato to prep them up for Dragon Fang, while at distances he just uses Dragon Fang alone?

Or, and this is a very big if, maybe Corrin actually has a hitbox during the charge phase of Fsmash.
http://smashboards.com/threads/moveset-speculation-and-discussion-thread.426055/#post-20609674

<3

This move is so fun to use omg.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Woot the site finally sped up for me. Seems like we've got a lot of happy people here. I'm incredibly satisfied with how Corrin came out to be. I just hope my success from friendlies carry over to future events.

Aife

Smash Apprentice
I have killed myself with Corrin's back air 10x more than I have saved myself. LOL (I know im bad but I just found it funny given how much sakurai emphasized it can possibly save you.)

And the lunge both surprised and disapointed me. On one hand, its pretty hard to land a pin on a flat surface, but on the other hand... When you're on a stage like battlefield your movement options open up quite bit, or at the very least sticking into platforms and flinging to the other side is a crap ton of fun.

well, idk if I'm staying as a secondary, I considered Corrin as someone right behind Ike and she definitely sits there, if not before him, but its hard to see if I ever will put the complete effort into her. I don't think she beats out DP for me, imo. lol.

Thought I'd say hi regardless tho, so hai.

Also Black Fem!Corrin needs more fanart..so pretty ; v;

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
So far,
Nair is GODLIKE!
Counter is super powerful
Side b takes some time to get used to and land
Fair is good
Upair kills early..from what I see, maybe like Marths
Nuetral b goes the full length of the stage fully charged!
bair seems like a good safe option
upsmash seems weak?..
Corrins up taunt is HYPE

My first impressions and breakdown of Corrin here!
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzj0nGp9MR8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
Can't get Corrin at the moment myself, but here are some matches of her being used by ZeRo:

My god here Uair is ridiculous,might be the best one in the game. Dair kinda of iffy in the other hand....

Impression why we are at it:

Last edited:

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
for those who don't know, you can pin incredibly quickly by rolling your thumb from B to A when doing Dragon Lunge

Corrin felt really janky to me at first because of how finicky the tippers are, but he's becoming my favorite character now that I've learned how to tipper side smash more consistently

all of his aerials are great except for dair (killed myself a lot with that one, at least it can do 13-20% if you catch someone in the air)
dair does beat pit's uair, I think
bair comes out a little later than I expected and the hitbox is slightly narrower than the wings
fair is my favorite
dragon lung tippers really low

I've decided to use green mamui, I like his voice and lines better and short hair looks better with the dragon helmet imo

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Having fun, everyone?
Because I sure am.
Corrin feels at home in my hands, since she's a sword user.

My current struggles at the moment is learning how to properly use my tools and remembering that Fair off-stage is actually not a good idea due to the angle it sends opponents towards.
Nothing too big, though, I'm sure the more I play the more I'll get used to her!

TheHeroKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
GIRATlNA
I battled some Corrins online and wow he's a tough one. His forward air is so good and his up air kills me at decently good percentages when I was playing as Marth. Corrin's counter is also pretty devastating but after you trigger it they're left wide open. The side smash is NASTY. Amazing range and kill power. It also does good shield damage, at least from what I experienced. I love how his water shot flies REALLY far and is decently big. It's pretty easy to destroy, like with a simple jab (like most projectiles sadly because a space animal can punch missiles without taking any damage), but it's spamable and paralyzes. The bite at the end is a nice tough but people often fully charge the bullet and do the chomp not knowing doing both of those leaves you wide open for a fast character to jump over head and strike from above. Overall I really love Corrin's addition to this game and his play style. Very cool to watch.

Also, for you Code Geass fans out there:
Roy is Lelouch vi Britannia, Cloud is Suzaku Kururugi, Marth is Li Xingke, Corrin is Johanne Fabius, and Metal Face is Charles zi Britannia. For their Japanese voices.

Also English voice Corrin is Liquid Snake. Maybe he has something to do with Solid Snake not being in Smash 4. :4corrin::snake:

The Wii U code is still available for the taking~
I, a random stranger, would like the code please.

Last edited:

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
I'm having so much fun with Corrin, i think he might end up Joining Ness and Peach as one of my mains (Bayonetta is a lot of fun too! Not really my playstyle but still a lot more fun than similar characters like ZSS and Sheik) something i thought was kind of interesting that happened was i charged up my dragon fang shot at a fox who was recovering, he reflected it, but the biting part of the attack stopped the shot from hitting me

So far i'm so happy with these two, the rest of the dlc characters were a bit of a let down because none of them were very fun to play to me, but i love :4corrin: and :4bayonetta: so much already and it hasnt even been a day yet :love:

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'm officially loving this character <3

I'm surprised for the uair's power, it kills a lot earlier than I was expecting.
The dtilt is a perfect combo starter and like all the tilts can link on each other at medium-low percent.
DL is also great but I'm still learning the right timing for sticking it in the ground.
The recovery is ok, it's not that bad or good.
I'm disappointed from the throws, no combo throw is ok but the uthrow/dthrow kill Mario at ~160%, and that's disappointing since they are both visually great!
I love the Dragon Fang shot, it's not that laggy, it's extremely powerful and it can break shield (need to test a bit more this because the cpu was already at ~half shield).

In general is a pretty great character with the potential to be pretty high on the tier list imo.
Also, I won the 3 months of premium from the new users raffle, this day is perfect so far :happysheep:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Corrin feels SO good.
A character that I just instantly clicked with, like Wolf in Brawl.
Let's hope she has a happier fate.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
for those who don't know, you can pin incredibly quickly by rolling your thumb from B to A when doing Dragon Lunge
Noticed this, too! It's really good. You can also do it by pressing B instead of A. Whichever feels more comfortable .

Also, you can shoot your not-fully-charged neutralB then immediately hold B again to delay the bite. It's situational but works when the opponent dodges the attack and tries to run towards you.
At high percents you can follow up the paralyzing shot with a running short hop UpB for the KO

Top Bottom