• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astellius

Smash Ace
Voting for CYL 3 is now up! It's something of a surprise that it was announced only in game, and just now too, but so it is. Make sure to go get those votes in! I slogged through all the crashes and gateway errors to cast my vote for Minerva.

This time around, they've finally fixed the tallying system, where the same characters featured in different games are (mostly) counted together. That means Marth's turn has finally come, and he can no longer be thwarted by split votes between his Shadow Dragon & New Mystery iterations. Tellius characters also benefit from it. The exceptions for combining the vote tallies are the same characters that go by different names (e.g., Severa/Selena), characters that have changed substantially over a period of time (young v. adult Tiki), and characters that have underwent a shift in character (such as Hardin). They are treating all the Annas as separate, so only the Anna in SD/NM benefits from the combined tally.

So, who's everyone voting for? Who do you think will win?

....so a wooden bucket is a dragon slaying weapon now?
Everyone knows dragons are deathly afraid of buckets!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I have an idea who I will vote over the next seven days, but I haven't decided the order.

I did begin my CYL3 ballot with my good ol' obvious pick: Takumi!

As for who I think will win? I'm pretty sure Marth and Alm will win for the guys: they were both very close to winning last year, and the former now has better chances with the new merge vote count rule. Females is tougher to decipher. I'd originally say Eirika would be one of the winners, but I'm a bit more hesitant on that now that she has four alts in the game at the moment.

D

Deleted member

I'm throwing all of my votes in for Takumi, but if female Robin needs a push and is close to the top 2 I will vote for her.

As for who will win...
For males, I think the top 3 will be Marth, Alm, and Reinhardt. Chrom will also do well thanks to Smash Ultimate.
Females is more tricky I feel like. I think Micaiah and Eirika will do well, but I can see Camilla make it to the top 2. However, I can see a collective amount of people try to prevent Camilla from doing so, especially after this banner.

Nah

Smash Champion
This time around, they've finally fixed the tallying system, where the same characters featured in different games are (mostly) counted together.
It's good that that they finally did that, it was really silly in the past 2 how some characters got their votes split like that. Not sure who'll win, but it doesn't matter a lot to me since the ones I'd like to win the most don't really have a shot at doing so.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here are the stats for the new units coming tomorrow in Fire Emblem Heroes for those that are interested:

Not much to say about them, but hey, Hot Springs Camilla has Hone Fliers at 4-stars. We FINALLY have the perfect, accessibly Hone Fliers fodder we've been wanting for so long!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Double post time, but it's an important one!

Our first Mythic Hero has been revealed!

That's right! Duma from SoV is the first true Mythic Hero in Fire Emblem Heroes! As an armored colorless Manakete, he's also the first unit in the game that has skill that specifically affects Aether Raids: his unique C-skill Upheaval.

The other characters you can pull for in this banner are Legendary Ike, Legendary Eirika, Laeegjarn, Legendary Young Tiki, Hoshidan Summer Ryoma, Kliff, Legendary Lyn, Hoshidan Summer Elincia, Brave Ephraim, Summer Linda, and Loki.

I have to applaud IS for starting off our first Mythic Heroes banner strong! Duma was a great choice for the Mythic Heroes they talked about! Now we can only hope that his Zofian counterpart/sister Mila will follow suit soon enough!

I'm not sure if I want to pull for him though. I mean, that C-skill looks pretty useful, and if his stats are high enough in defenses, he could make a solid alternative to Surtr for Aether Raids. I'm also somewhat interested in pulling for Legendary Lyn for Speed Tactics and maybe Legendary Eirika for keeps or for A-skill (assuming I pull one with a bad nature), but we'll see.

------

The next Voting Gauntlet has also been announced! The theme is Mother and Sons, and the featured participants are below. It begins this Thursday and lasts until February 6. Whose team will you join?

------

CYL3 has also come to an end. Who did you vote for? Here were my votes:

Conrad got the most votes because he is my most wanted character for Heroes. His absence in Heroes really hurts considering how he's arguably the only prominent playable character left to be added, and he is one of my favorite characters overall so there's that as well.

Forde is best Sacred Stones boy, and I want him to be in Heroes too!

Takumi gets two votes from me for obvious reasons. Hopefully he'll remain in the top 10!

D

Deleted member

That's right! Duma from SoV is the first true Mythic Hero in Fire Emblem Heroes! As an armored colorless Manakete, he's also the first unit in the game that has skill that specifically affects Aether Raids: his unique C-skill Upheaval.

The other characters you can pull for in this banner are Legendary Ike, Legendary Eirika, Laeegjarn, Legendary Young Tiki, Hoshidan Summer Ryoma, Kliff, Legendary Lyn, Hoshidan Summer Elincia, Brave Ephraim, Summer Linda, and Loki.

I have to applaud IS for starting off our first Mythic Heroes banner strong! Duma was a great choice for the Mythic Heroes they talked about! Now we can only hope that his Zofian counterpart/sister Mila will follow suit soon enough!

I'm not sure if I want to pull for him though. I mean, that C-skill looks pretty useful, and if his stats are high enough in defenses, he could make a solid alternative to Surtr for Aether Raids. I'm also somewhat interested in pulling for Legendary Lyn for Speed Tactics and maybe Legendary Eirika for keeps or for A-skill (assuming I pull one with a bad nature), but we'll see.

------

The next Voting Gauntlet has also been announced! The theme is Mother and Sons, and the featured participants are below. It begins this Thursday and lasts until February 6. Whose team will you join?

------

CYL3 has also come to an end. Who did you vote for? Here were my votes:

Conrad got the most votes because he is my most wanted character for Heroes. His absence in Heroes really hurts considering how he's arguably the only prominent playable character left to be added, and he is one of my favorite characters overall so there's that as well.

Forde is best Sacred Stones boy, and I want him to be in Heroes too!

Takumi gets two votes from me for obvious reasons. Hopefully he'll remain in the top 10!
I was shocked when I saw Duma was going to be a Mythic Hero and I expected Micaiah.
I guess they are going for godlike characters in FE to be Mythic Heroes. So we might see characters like Mila, Medeus, and Yune in the future for example.
I don't think I'll pull for him though.

I voted for Takumi for the first three days, but then I rallied behind female Robin after seeing she was in third. I hope my votes are enough!

I'll be on team Owain! Time for the legendary hero of mythical legend shine his brightest against all that oppose him! I-including his mother...

Astellius

Smash Ace
It's good that that they finally did that, it was really silly in the past 2 how some characters got their votes split like that. Not sure who'll win, but it doesn't matter a lot to me since the ones I'd like to win the most don't really have a shot at doing so.
Most of my votes went to people who don't stand a chance, such as Minerva & Est, but I'd like to think that this might signal to IS to give them some alts. I was pleased and a bit surprised to see Micaiah in second though -- I've voted for her every year. I hope that Mia, my Tellius MVP, will have a stronger showing now that her votes are merged as well. Trueblade Mia when!

Duma really is a solid and pretty unexpected selection for a Mythic Hero. His artwork is fantastic, and his kit looks quite strong. Of course, he's another armored dragon that's probably going to be a pain everywhere, but that's pretty much how it goes these days. Still, at least this time it is fitting.

I'll probably do some pulling on colorless, since I don't have S. Linde, Loki, or (ofc) Duma. I might do some pulls on blue, since I'd really like L. Tiki as well, but she's the only one I really want out of the blue pool. We'll see how I'm feeling, and if I have any luck on colorless.

As for the VG... I'm definitely on Team Cherche! She's been a staple of my Arena team for a long while now, and is the obvious choice for me. If she gets knocked out, I'd probably go with Owain.

I was shocked when I saw Duma was going to be a Mythic Hero and I expected Micaiah.
I guess they are going for godlike characters in FE to be Mythic Heroes. So we might see characters like Mila, Medeus, and Yune in the future for example.
I don't think I'll pull for him though.
Yeah, the selection of Duma was definitely auspicious! While I still really want a Legendary Micaiah, the selection of godlike characters should make the Mythic roster much more interesting than it simply being another set of lord alts. There's a good selection of characters that would fit this criteria, such as Mila, Naga, Yune, Anankos... Naturally, I'm also hoping for a Mythic Tiki. She'd fit, particularly if from the Future Past timeline.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Choose Your Legends 3 results are in!

The top 2 winners for the males and females:

Males:
1st: Alm
2nd: Eliwood

Females:
1st: Micaiah
2nd: Camilla

Yep, Eliwood managed to make the top 2, but poor Marth got robbed again. Oof.

As for my other reactions:

>Takumi fell off the Top 10 of the males, AND Leo was the one that stole the 10th spot.

My reaction:

Seriously, the pain HURTS. Poor Takumi...

>Camilla won top 2

Oh joy, the 7th Camilla alt. Oh how I am LOOKING FORWARD to that. *rolls eyes* Well, at least she won't be votable again in the next CYL.

>Eliwood is one of the top 2

Oh sweet, the whole FE7 Lord trio now has CYL alts. That's great.

>Alm is still first for the males

I mean, good for the Alm fans, but I couldn't care less about Alm, so whatever.

>Micaiahi won first for the females

Cool enough.

>Conrad ranked 84th overall AND he was the highest ranked SoV character not counting Alm, Delthea, and Berkut's plot device.

Okay, now THAT is really uplifting to hear. He may not be high enough to be chosen for the Farfetched Heroes banner, but I seriously hope that impressive spot will convince IS to add him in the next SoV banner. This REALLY makes me happy!

Nah

Smash Champion
wow I'm surprised that someone actually edged Camilla out of first

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the Feh Channel about the 2nd Anniversary event just casually dropped onto Youtube just now! It's a video instead of a stream.

Main pointers:
-A bunch of rerun banners from past BHBs will run during the first two weeks of February.

-2 Banners that will give you a guaranteed 5-star unit. One banner features all the seasonals from 2017. The other features all the seasonals from 2018. You'll choose your 5-star unit from each of them based on the color of their orb AND it's a one-team deal for both. First banner starts from February 1 until February 8, and the second one starts from February 8 until February 15.

-Find & Vote Heroes: a new website mini game that will allow you to vote for a unit by first selecting their color orb, then having to find them on a map to cast your vote. If you find the Askr Trio within the first 180 seconds of playing, you'll add a bonus vote for the Hero you voted for. You'll also get a special wallpaper depending on how much time you have remaining after you voted. Lasts from February 3 to February 8.

-2nd Anniversary Heroes Summoning Event: The number one hero for each type (presumably these winners will be decided from Find & Vote Heroes) will appear on this banner. You can choose which one to summon for the first summon like the CYL banners. The banner will last from February 24 to March 3.

-Dragonflowers: These will allow you to increase your hero's stats. There are four kinds of them, each oriented toward the type the hero is (Infanry, Cavalier, Armor, and Flier). They can only be used up to five times, but Infantry units can use them up to ten times (good, because infantry characters tend to be outclassed these days). The increased stats will also have no affect on Arena matches.

Heroic Ideals: New mode that has specific challenge quests for certain characters, and you can only access those quests if you have the respective character because you are required to use him/her. This mode is also how you'll get more Dragonflowers.

Aether Raids updates: Aether required for battles is now cut in half, the maximum Aether required for battles caps at 50, and first battles of the day are no longer free. The maximum tier has also been increased to Tier 27. When an Aether Raid season ends and you are Tier 22 or higher, you automatically reset to tier 21.

Merge Allies updates: This one we already knew about already, though they did mention that already merged units will also gain access to the bane removal with the subsequent merge, so that's cool.

------

My thoughts:

Cool of IS that we can gain access to three free 5-stars, but it's rough how getting the specific one you want for two of them will be a struggle to pull.

I'd love to pull another Summer Takumi just so I can finally have a 40+5 Summer Takumi, but the fact there are other colorless heroes in that same banner will make it a struggle to get him from that. I'd sure be happy if Summer Takumi was what I got from it.

I like the changes made for the Aether Raids too. Seems like we'll have more battles to go through in a single day, and I'm grateful for that. That means more changes to reach a higher tier faster!

Good thing Dragonflowers were kept in check and can give Infantry characters that much-needed extra edge compared to the other hero types as well.

It's also good to hear that already merged heroes will gain access to the flaw removal in a subsequent merge. That might help some of the merged units I already have.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The impromptu Feh Channel was quite nice -- although I am rather surprised how there wasn't any prior announcement or anything like that. I mean, I was expecting an Anniversary Feh Channel, but, once they hadn't announced one, I just assumed one wasn't coming after all. Well, turns out that wasn't the case after all!

Onto the contents. Overall, this is a much more exciting Anniversary than last year. The upcoming update to content looks interesting -- I needed ways to make Tiki more powerful! -- and AR is getting a much-needed improvement to the stamina system. We already knew about the incoming update to merges, but I am definitely looking forward to it.

This year, we get three free 5* heroes! 2 seasonals, and the third being one you can pick from a set of four. This is certainly superior to last year, where we got just one hero, and it was Ike, whether you wanted him or not. Of course, I definitely wanted Ike, but plenty of people had just pulled him from the Legendary banner. It's nice that we get to choose this time!

As for the seasonals, it's pretty cool that they're handing out 2. While I would've liked to have a bit more control over which one I would get, I think that the way they did it is fine. A free 5* gacha is nice, and two of them is double nice. This is in addition to getting to choose on the other one. Perhaps I'm just sanguine because I got the hero I wanted the most from my pull, but I feel like the complaints about the free & unexpected gifts to be a bit overblown. In any case, who are you all pulling for? Who did you get? Here's mine:

Lucina.png

My collection of Lucinas is now complete! She's +Atk (yay!) / -Spd (boo!). But the nature isn't so important, I just wanted to have her. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to pull another one of her in spring to fix that bane?

If anyone wanted a chart to help them sort out which color they want to pull, here you go:

1549079825895.png

Unfortunately, there weren't any demotions to the 3-4* pool.

Speaking of bane removal, I had another extremely lucky pull today:

Minerva.png

I got a merge for Minerva! Finally, I can do away with that Spd bane! This one is a neutral nature, which is just fine with me! She was my free pull on the BHB banner. This was definitely a nice way to celebrate the second anniversary, pulling both Lucina & Minerva!

That was actually my second free 5* pull in a row -- on the link banner, I got a Hardin! He's +Atk/-Def. Pretty nice, I didn't have him before!

As for CYL 3, I'm pleased and surprised that Micaiah's turn has come! I've voted for her every year, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she gets! And Marth dropping out of top 2 males is pretty hilarious -- no excuses this time Marth! Your votes weren't split this time around! There was also a serious Anna campaign going on too. Looks like we'll be getting Awakening Anna for Farfetched 3. They've been neglecting Anna, so it's good that she'll get another iteration.

The Whitewings had a good showing this year! While they had previously been lurking in the dark regions of the rankings, this year Catria sprang ahead to #53. Minerva was finally able to crack the top 100, coming in at 93. Sorry Nah Nah but it looks like my votes for Minerva were enough to push her past Nah in the rankings! (Nah came in 94, with just 2 votes difference.) Palla rose to #121, while Est, sadly, was #301. Don't feel bad Est, I voted for you! I did my part! And I'll vote for you next year too!

Nah

Smash Champion
Ah, don't worry about it. The difference between 93rd and 94th is negligible.

The funny thing about the CYL 3 results though is that I had said previously that "no one I'd vote for has a shot at winning"....and then FRobin made top 4 lol

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For the past few days of the Legendary Hero banner, I've been trying to pull for Duma because he'd make my "last stand tanky unit" for my Aether Raids defense team with my lack of Surtr. Almost every time I tried to pull for Duma, I sadly had Summer Linde show up instead. To be more precise, Summer Linde ended up stealing my Duma pulls THREE TIMES. It's reached the point I now have a 40+4 Summer Linde for no reason whatsoever. Seriously, what is with Summer Linde showing up so often? The only 5 star I pulled from that banner then aside from her was Legendary Ike, which is okay considering I finally have Warding Breath fodder.

Just about an hour ago, I finally struck some nice luck with the LH banner. After getting another 20 orbs, I decided to go for a full round of summoning because there was one blue orb and four silver orbs: a perfect opportunity for a higher chance of pulling a 5-star from the silver orbs! What a magical set it turned out to be, because I got three five stars in that one summoning!

Two of them were my first copies of a certain Trickster:

And my last summon in that round was none other than:

YES!!!!! Duma came home!

^Visual proof of how the summoning round turned out!

But despite finally pulling Duma, I was saddened to learn my Duma got a really bad nature: +Spd -Res. He got the opposite asset and flaw he wants. What a bummer!

Guess this means I'll have to pull for another Duma to hopefully get one with a better nature or one that can remove this nasty Resistance flaw. If I don't get lucky pulling another Duma before his banner ends, I decided that I'll use the current Duma I pulled as Bold Fighter fodder for the +Atk -HP Halloween Jakob I pulled yesterday.

Loki is a tougher decision for me regarding how to go about things.

The first one I got has a +Atk -Spd nature, while the second one is completely neutral. On the one hand, I can easily merge the neutral one with the former to remove the speed flaw. On the other hand, Odd Attack Wave is a REALLY good C-skill, and it's the first time I've ever had access to someone who can fodder this skill. Decisions decisions...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just wanted to deliver the news that the trailer for the Valentine's banner dropping this Friday has been released! It's devoted entirely to FE9 characters!

The featured characters are Greil, Soren, Mist, Ike, and Titania (the TT award). Yes, you heard that right. Greil is one of them, and he makes his Fire Emblem Heroes debut with this banner! He is now the fifth (sixth if you count Inigo) character to debut in Heroes via a seasonal banner, following Charlotte, Shigure, Noire, and Mikoto. He also comes with Fury 4; Fury 3 has now been powercrept!

This banner also has our first seasonal Ike, a sword armor who has Distant Counter, Special Fighter 3, AND Even Speed Wave 3. Seems like if you won't pull the right natured VA!Ike, he'll make some highly valuable skill fodder for sure!

I'm surprised Greil made his Heroes debut via a seasonal banner, but hey, that's cool. I dig all of these alts, but I don't know if I'm really going to pull for them. Maybe I'll go for either Greil or Ike for their skills, but we'll see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just wanted to deliver the news that the trailer for the Valentine's banner dropping this Friday has been released! It's devoted entirely to FE9 characters!

The featured characters are Greil, Soren, Mist, Ike, and Titania (the TT award). Yes, you heard that right. Greil is one of them, and he makes his Fire Emblem Heroes debut with this banner! He is now the fifth (sixth if you count Inigo) character to debut in Heroes via a seasonal banner, following Charlotte, Shigure, Noire, and Mikoto. He also comes with Fury 4; Fury 3 has now been powercrept!

This banner also has our first seasonal Ike, a sword armor who has Distant Counter, Special Fighter 3, AND Even Speed Wave 3. Seems like if you won't pull the right natured VA!Ike, he'll make some highly valuable skill fodder for sure!

I'm surprised Greil made his Heroes debut via a seasonal banner, but hey, that's cool. I dig all of these alts, but I don't know if I'm really going to pull for them. Maybe I'll go for either Greil or Ike for their skills, but we'll see.
I'm definitely going for Ike... I need him...
Wish me luck getting my favorite lord in all of FE because I am very nervous.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Man, I feel like an idiot.

Here I was planning on merging my neutral Loki with my +Atk -Spd Loki... and I ended up merging them the other way around! Neutral Loki remained, while the +Atk _Spd was merged.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

What I was thinking! Great, Loki's attack isn't as high as I wanted it to be. Had to consequently spend some of my first several Dragonflowers just boost her Attack by 1 to make up for it.

Luckily, all of the other merges I was planning went well. Turns out that if you already merged a unit prior to the update, they automatically get the removed bane too! That's pretty nice!

In other news, my free summon today was my first Grima!

Too bad he had a really bad nature though: +Spd -Atk. Man, second new armor I pulled in a row with an awful nature...

At least I have Vengeful Fighter fodder though.

On a different note, here are the stats for the new Valentine heroes:

Ike and Greil are quite the heavy hitters!

Also, VA!Titania's art is gorgeous!

Nah

Smash Champion
Finally finished my first 5*+10 today:
Could put something else in the B slot if want, but for a while now much of her use has been with as part of a colorless trio so Cancel Affinity is nice.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
The new update is here and I think it's very nice. The bane removal for merged units is definitely a pleasing feature. I'd also been waiting for the ability to see boons & banes easily, and I'm quite pleased with how they implemented that. It makes sorting through my 3-4* units and picking which ones to keep much easier, and I've pretty much decided to try to 4*+10 most of the more common units in that pool that lack good fodder. It's nice!

The dragonflowers are hard to come by, and have a sort of P2W aspect about them, but I still rather like them. Tiki is now even stronger! I went through most of the infantry quests I had available to build her up, and here is the result...

Tiki.png

Her Def stat now sits at a clean 50 even prior to the activation of Steady Breath. Good luck trying to penetrate those defenses! The remaining 2 dragonflower enhancements raise up her Res & Spd by a point each, but it will be a long while before I can do that, as the last two enhancements are very expensive (I think 170 & 200 dragonflowers respectively!). She's received all the important boosts, so I'll probably be handing out the infantry dragonflowers to other units before I get around to that -- we'll see how it goes. As it is, she's the equivalent of a 5*+14!

I also decided to complete my seventh 5*+10 merge project, and this time it is the legend himself:

Reinhardt.png

Not much to say here, other than that he deserves this! He's been a powerful member of my roster ever since he joined. I only just recently upgraded his C-passive to Drive Atk so that he can support non-cavalry allies. He typically runs on mixed teams for LHBs and such, so other support options besides Hone Cav are appreciated.

Ah, don't worry about it. The difference between 93rd and 94th is negligible.
But... what if they give alts to all the top 93 units but not 94?

Just kidding, ofc! Haha, yeah, I know the difference is insignificant, I just thought it amusing that our two favorite characters placed so closely together, separated only by a couple votes.

I'm definitely going for Ike... I need him...
Wish me luck getting my favorite lord in all of FE because I am very nervous.
Good luck, I hope you get him!

Finally finished my first 5*+10 today:
Could put something else in the B slot if want, but for a while now much of her use has been with as part of a colorless trio so Cancel Affinity is nice.
Congratulations on the first 5*+10! She looks great. It's always nice to see a long-term project bear its beautiful fruit! Are you going to dragonflower her, or are you saving those for someone else? I would've liked to have 5*+10'd Felicia someday as well, but I already went the 4*+10 route. She's been serving me well in that capacity though!

Nah

Smash Champion
Congratulations on the first 5*+10! She looks great. It's always nice to see a long-term project bear its beautiful fruit! Are you going to dragonflower her, or are you saving those for someone else? I would've liked to have 5*+10'd Felicia someday as well, but I already went the 4*+10 route. She's been serving me well in that capacity though!
I probably will yeah. Just got to get around to actually collecting some dragonflowers first lol

D

Deleted member

Good luck, I hope you get him!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I got him along with Mist and Greil!
Though I was pity broken along the way from getting Ike (Mist was a secondary goal). The game knew I wanted a mercenary... so they gave me the driven mercenary Saber. And it seemed like Zelgius heard that Greil got summoned and wanted to teach him the weapon triangle once more, so he arrived too.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We got a longer trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses during today’s Nintendo Direct, and it’s now confirmed the game has been delayed for a July 26 release. Here’s the trailer shown with plenty of new information:

My thoughts:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses looks rather promising, but I don’t want to completely say, “I’m stoked for it!” Byleth still gives me concerns since it seems him/her is an avatar character of sorts, especially when they said, “YOU are the hero of this story” just like they did when they first revealed Corrin. It doesn’t seem like you can customize Byleth’s appearance though, at least it all those animated cutscenes are anything to go by (I feel like it’d be a development nightmare to incorporate a customized avatar look for all those cutscenes), so maybe there is hope that Byleth won’t exactly be an avatar character like Corrin and Robin were. I am liking Byleth’s design so far the more I see it.

I also wonder how much of this monastery-life will account for the story. The trailer treats it like it’ll be a large chunk of the game, though I think it’d be a cool if one part of the story eventually moves beyond that and explores some other aspects, like a war somehow breaks out between two-three of those empires. The monastery life still has some interesting elements to it though, and I’d like to learn more about some of those other characters.

Speaking of the characters, I’m liking those new cutscene styles shown off so far. Perhaps it’s just me, but I think Edelgard looks a lot better in her sprite models and the animated cutscenes than her official art. I think it’s because of the eyes. Similar deal with Claude. Claude still is the one I like the most so far, but it’s mainly based on appearances. I hope we’ll get some info regarding their personalities.

Not sure what to think of the new dragon lolli-like character, but I’m guessing she’s connected with the goddess of the continent, at least from the hair color.

I knew a delay was coming too, but I was expecting a delay to a fall release based on the recent rumors. Ah well, I’ll gladly wait. More development time for this game, the better.

Nah

Smash Champion
can we please just take a moment to appreciate this lol:

https://i.imgur.com/wCHTjlT.png?1

Byleth still gives me concerns since it seems him/her is an avatar character of sorts, especially when they said, “YOU are the hero of this story” just like they did when they first revealed Corrin. It doesn’t seem like you can customize Byleth’s appearance though, at least it all those animated cutscenes are anything to go by (I feel like it’d be a development nightmare to incorporate a customized avatar look for all those cutscenes), so maybe there is hope that Byleth won’t exactly be an avatar character like Corrin and Robin were.
It's actually possible that they could allow for appearance customization and have it work for the cutscenes, it's been done in games before. Byleth likely is a self-insert/avatar character given the constant use of you. But we'll see what happens I guess.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The Nintendo Direct was pretty cool, I thought they had a lot of interesting games in it, and I'm happy for more info on Three Houses. Who's ready for their heads to be invaded by the dragon loli? But, I must say, there weren't a lot of things in the 3H stuff that got me really excited. Not sure what I think about the school setting. It could be interesting, but it could also be pretty lame. I'm hoping they do a good job with the story, and that the gameplay really shines. At least we got a release date. I was concerned that, with the lack of info they had been giving out, that 3H had faced the fate of Metroid, where they completely scrapped the development and started over. Thankfully, that's not the case! While I would support that decision were it necessary (I'd much rather have the game delayed than have it come out and be terrible), it's good to see that it's coming along.

Anyone see any other games that got them interested? I thought the Castlevania clone looked pretty cool, and the remakes for Rune Factory 4 & Link's Awakening looked good. A lot of the games had me interested, actually.

As for FEH, the results for the minigame were released. The winners were: L!Azura, H!Myrrh, Duma, and... L!Lyn??? Erm... Lyn is definitely the dud in that batch, and her presence in the pool makes it even more irksome that we can't choose which one we get. A lot of people are sending feedback, urging them to reconsider that point -- please, IS, let us be able to choose our color! I'd encourage you guys to send feedback as well. I do like Lyn, but she's not a great unit, and she doesn't even have especially good fodder...

A lot of people have already pointed out how flawed the voting system was. Since the map was the same each time, characters that were on the starting screen of the mini-game scored exceptionally high. Good luck on your pulls!

Hope you all had a good Valentine's Day! I did a few yolo pulls, and my Valentine showed up...

Mist.png

Hurrah! I wanted to pull her the most, and here she is! She even came as +Atk/-HP! Nice!

D

Deleted member

As for FEH, the results for the minigame were released. The winners were: L!Azura, H!Myrrh, Duma, and... L!Lyn??? Erm... Lyn is definitely the dud in that batch, and her presence in the pool makes it even more irksome that we can't choose which one we get. A lot of people are sending feedback, urging them to reconsider that point -- please, IS, let us be able to choose our color! I'd encourage you guys to send feedback as well. I do like Lyn, but she's not a great unit, and she doesn't even have especially good fodder...

A lot of people have already pointed out how flawed the voting system was. Since the map was the same each time, characters that were on the starting screen of the mini-game scored exceptionally high. Good luck on your pulls!
I'm going to send feedback every day and I even sent an email to their FEH support email. I urge everyone to do the same because if we get to find and vote for these heroes, I think we should choose them rather than leave it up to luck.

Imagine if you go to a restaurant and there are four different platters... one of them looks good but the others don't suit your fancy. Instead of choosing, you get one at random and you can't choose again or trade. Would you be satisfied with that?
I voted for Myrrh because I had the hardest time getting her and my luck with her was miserable. I wanted to avoid that, but I'm sick to my stomach knowing that the odds of getting her are 1 in 4; this isn't bad, but I have the other three Heroes with passable IVs and one of those three units is terrible (Lyn).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The trailer for the next New Heroes banner dropping this Wednesday in Fire Emblem Heroes is here! It features the beast units from Fates!

Keaton is the red beast unit, Velouria is the colorless beast unit, Kaden is the green beast unit, and Selkie is the blue beast unit.

Panne is also showing up in this banner, and she's the GHB unit! It's a very odd choice she's a GHB since she is never fought as an enemy unit in Awakening's entirety. She's also the third GHB to be a non-enemy: the first was F!Robin, and the second was Male Kana.

I just want to take a moment and scream:

HOLY ARCEUS!!! KADEN IS FINALLY IN FIRE EMBLEM HEROES!!!

I've been wanting Kaden in Heroes for so long! He's one of my favorite FE characters and was among my most wanted characters for Heroes for a long while (I'd say he was around 2nd-3rd in my want list along with Forde)!

I've been saving up some orbs this month unsure of what to spend them on, and now it looks like I now where they are going. I'm definitely going all out in pulling for Kaden this Wednesday! Here's hoping for the best!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The trailer for the next New Heroes banner dropping this Wednesday in Fire Emblem Heroes is here! It features the beast units from Fates!

Keaton is the red beast unit, Velouria is the colorless beast unit, Kaden is the green beast unit, and Selkie is the blue beast unit.

Panne is also showing up in this banner, and she's the GHB unit! It's a very odd choice she's a GHB since she is never fought as an enemy unit in Awakening's entirety. She's also the third GHB to be a non-enemy: the first was F!Robin, and the second was Male Kana.

I just want to take a moment and scream:

HOLY ARCEUS!!! KADEN IS FINALLY IN FIRE EMBLEM HEROES!!!

I've been wanting Kaden in Heroes for so long! He's one of my favorite FE characters and was among my most wanted characters for Heroes for a long while (I'd say he was around 2nd-3rd in my want list along with Forde)!

I've been saving up some orbs this month unsure of what to spend them on, and now it looks like I now where they are going. I'm definitely going all out in pulling for Kaden this Wednesday! Here's hoping for the best!
Selkie, what happened to your voice? You sound so odd here... and I don't remember her being this annoying...
Anyways, I will do the first batch for red and blue and that's it. I need to save up my Orbs for bigger and more important banners. But I might come back to it depending on my luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Selkie, what happened to your voice? You sound so odd here... and I don't remember her being this annoying...
Anyways, I will do the first batch for red and blue and that's it. I need to save up my Orbs for bigger and more important banners. But I might come back to it depending on my luck.
It is the same issue that happened with Peri's voice. They had to find a new voice actress, and the one they used to replace Elizabeth Daily definitely doesn't fit the role well at all (Daily did both Peri and Selkie in Fates). It's not a disaster on par with Peri's replacement, but it's still not great. Meanwhile, they really ought to find a new VA for Mia. The original VA for Mia is quite accomplished and a great VA, but, well, she's gotten older, and it really comes through in her lines.

But, all that aside, this is a good banner. Good to see they're finally giving the beasts some love! Binding Blade banner is up next -- I'm hoping for Milady to make an appearance! Anyone you guys are hoping for?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
All my orbs went bye bye last night as I tried to pull Kaden.

My free summon ended up being my third Dorcas, and then I got my third Myrrh while sniping for green as well. Even further down the orbs, I pulled YET ANOTHER FLIPPING Dorcas, and eventually my third Brave Hector. I ended up merging two of the extra Dorcases I have with the +Def -HP I've been saving for sometime, and I also merged the Myrrh with the one I have to reach 40+2 for her. Brave Hector ended up being Bold Fighter fodder for my Black Knight.

It wasn't until towards the end I finally pulled him!

Welcome home, buddy!

Too bad he has a nature of +Res -Spd. That's really unfortunate.

Now I have to rely on the power of the Tickets to give me another Kaden to remove the bane, and if they don't work... well, I REALLY hope he'll be the demote.

Man, to think all those Dorcases trolled me of all the Kadens I could've pulled along the way...

Astellius

Smash Ace
I did a bit of rolling on the banner, spending ~60 orbs and the tickets, aiming to pull for either Selkie or Velouria. For my efforts, I was rewarded with an Ishtar, a Brave Lyn, and a Sumia! While Ishtar and Lyn were dupes, they were dupes I had been really wanting, since both originally came with a Spd bane. Now I was finally able to do away with that! Sumia, however, was new, and she came with a mixed nature: +Spd/-Atk. Her attack is pretty low, so that bane hurts her, but at least she will be super fast.

No Selkie or Velouria came to me, but I need to save at least some orbs for the anniversary banner, in case Legendary Azura does not come as the free unit...

D

Deleted member

The beasts do not like me at all. I got Kaden, Selkie, and Keaton... Kaden and Keaton were -Attack and Selkie is -Speed.
If that wasn't bad enough, I have been pity broken multiple times (at least with an optimal Brave Celica and my first Kliff) and got over 4% multiple times.
I'm throwing in the towel here in regards to the banner. I am going to save my Orbs (and funds) for the Anniversary banner. Myrrh evaded me multiple times and I hope she doesn't this time.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the next Legendary Hero has been leaked thanks to information provided on Google Play!

Legendary Roy it looks like!

Glad he finally got the Legendary treatment! I hope he'll be our first Red Archer like I predicted several months ago, but I hear this new Legendary Hero won't be red. Bummer...

------

All the additional free orbs I obtained in the hopes of pulling Kaden these past few days didn't get me Kaden, so I whaled for 20 orbs. Once those those 20 orbs went by, I pulled another Kaden!

Even better, this Kaden had a nature of +Atk -HP this time. Now that is an absolutely PERFECT Asset!

I then merged my old Kaden with the new one, and soon after, I finished his build:

I don't have any other usable beasts right now, so I made this build for Kaden so that he could fit into my Horse Emblem team as the green unit. He also makes a decent partner for my Hrid, covering the latter's weakness to blue units while also giving him Goad Cavalry buffs.

Perhaps once I get access to some other useful skills, Kaden will have another build more optimized for mixed teams.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Y’know, it’s funny how now Horse Emblem can include things that aren’t horses lol

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

"Wait, you're not Duma. Oh, you're Speed Tactics fodder! I guess my plan B will come to fruition!"

>Learns that she has an outstanding nature of +Atk -Def.

*Sigh* "I guess to use her now, huh?"

------

Oh yeah, in other news, the new Voting Gauntlet has been announced! It begins on February 28 and lasts until March 5. It's called "War of the Tacticians," and it features these characters:

Whose team will you join?

I'm going for Innes because he's my favorite of the bunch!

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
All the golden orbs are actually Lyn. I, too, got a Lyn -- at least she had the decency to come with a good nature, +Spd/-HP. That's better than the one I had, but, still, quite disappointing. And the luck I've had pulling on the banner hasn't been so good. I'm hoping the pulls others had are better! I still don't know why they thought this was a good way to design a celebratory event.

I'll probably go with Morgan for the Voting Gauntlet.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here he is! Legendary Roy is the next Legendary Hero!

He is an infantry sword user whose weapon counters dragons and has a built in Distant Counter. He also comes with two new skills: Bonus Doubler 3 and Human Virtue, the latter being his exclusive skill. Bonus Doubler looks pretty busted too!

The other characters in this Legendary Hero banner are Hrid, Hoshidan Summer Micaiah, Legendary Ephraim, Halloween Niles, Adrift Male Corrin, Gunnthra, Adrift Female Corrin, Surtr, Legendary Robin, Hoshidan Summer Xander, and Mikoto.

Really wish Roy was our first Red Archer as a follow-up to Lucina and Lyn being the first Blue and Green Archers respectively with their Legendary Alts. The one we got instead does look pretty busted so far.

This banner doesn't interest me much other than Surtr and Hrid, mostly the latter because I'd like to remove the HP bane on the one I currently have, but I won't be upset if I don't pull another Hrid this banner unless I get trolled really hard when sniping for red.

Nah

Smash Champion
I got Lyn too from the banner. -Atk +Res

Guess I'll see if I can roll another copy of Grima on the legendary banner tomorrow

Also if Bonus Doubler is inheritable, that's probably gonna be obnoxious on certain units

D

Deleted member

Looks like I will be the combo breaker in this thread.
I didn't get Lyn. Instead I got...
The exact unit that I wanted. I was so happy to see her, after she evaded me so much during her banner... and the moments where she didn't evade me where she had -Attack IV. I then summoned on the banner again and... after getting a Luke on my very first red orb, I got her again...
But with the perfect IV spread this time. I don't know if Myrrh decided to forgive me after seeing how much I use her in practically every mode (TT, GC, AR... she's one of my most used units), but I am thankful. There was a god watching over me here.

I am still not happy with the event though. Sure, it went well for me, but it didn't for everyone else. I have a friend who wanted Duma but ended up with a -Attack Lyn and Duma evaded him. I can see this put a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I completed my eighth 5*+10! This time, I went with Corrin.

Corrin10.png

Dragons are everything! She's quite nice, and I had been meaning to properly deck her out with suitable skills for awhile (Lightning Breath in particular). Now that she's powerful, she'll be seeing a lot more use than before! Plus, she has synergy with the beast units, since they can transform next to dragons. She made her grand debut in the Hrid Abyssal, which I managed to beat this time around, which just leaves Roy's and Eirika's Abyssal LHBs as the remaining unbeaten ones. Genny's grand moment in the LHB was here:

Gravity.png

She got to gravity that group there. It was pretty nice! Of course, Gravity doesn't stop the Aerobatics on the Wyvern Rider, which forced me to tank the blue manakete with Tiki instead of Azura. The moves from here were: Genny moves a slot up to gravity the swordsman, Azura dances for Genny, Tiki swaps with Azura, Corrin uses Escape Route to Draw Back Azura upwards, and Genny moves into the spot vacated by Azura. I was really pleased with how that worked out! That one ended up being one of the harder LHBs for me.

I got Lyn too from the banner. -Atk +Res

Guess I'll see if I can roll another copy of Grima on the legendary banner tomorrow

Also if Bonus Doubler is inheritable, that's probably gonna be obnoxious on certain units
Oof, that Lyn... Yours came with possibly the worst bane. Did you have any luck getting Grima? I haven't had any luck with pulling L!Azura from the banner.

Looks like I will be the combo breaker in this thread.
I didn't get Lyn. Instead I got...
I'm glad at least one of us had some good fortune with this!

Top Bottom