• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So today in Fire Emblem Heroes has been some ups and downs.

For the downs, I decided to give a final go at summoning from that banner for either a better nature'd Hrid or another Brave Hector for Bold Fighter fodder. I didn't get either of them unfortunately. The best I got was this:

It's Summer Cordelia, and she was my first summon for the final day. Her IVs are nothing outstanding, nor are they awful: +Res -HP.

Wasn't really planning on pulling her tbh. My +Def -Res Legendary Ephraim already does a very fine job as my blue cavalier; Summer Cordelia feels rather redundant.

This has been eventful Legendary Hero banner overall though. Finally pulling a perfect nature'd Brave Hector and my first Hrid were the main highlights, with my other 5-stars from the banner being another Legendary Ryoma, my first Legendary Lucina, and now my first Summer Cordelia.

A few days ago, I also got another Brave Ike as my free summon for that new Ward Skills banner that came out then. Always good to have more Steady Breath fodder!

In addition to that cool pull, I made a major achievement in Fire Emblem Heroes today! This happened during the final three hours of the first day of the Voting Gauntlet:

I was ranked #1 rank on Team Hrid during the last three hours of Day 1!

This is the first time I've ever achieved this at some point during a Voting Gauntlet! The highest I've ever placed during a round within a Voting Gauntlet was usually around the top 200 and that's it. Never have I reached this high of ranking until now. Reaching first place at one point? Now THAT'S even more of a shocker.

I'm all out of flags though. I used them during the multipliers Team Hrid got during today (and he got a lot in this fierce battle with Team Laegjarn so far). Thus, my number one ranking didn't last long. I've now dropped to rank #20 as of the time I made this post.

Still, this will go down as one of my proudest moments in Fire Emblem Heroes!

D

Deleted member

So I decided to summon once more on the Legendary banner. I was planning to spend a few Orbs on the Ward banner thinking it would be another Grima banner, but to my surprise it wasn't... so Legendary it is!
After getting 3 more Legendary Lucinas, I managed to pull one more Hector... and it seems like my prayers were answered! He's +Attack/-HP! This really makes up for the horrendous luck I had months ago with the Brave Heroes banner! I blame Ephraim, major banners with Sacred Stones characters hate me.

I also tried to pull Nina or female Grima, but I didn't get lucky. I did get another +Attack/-Res Noire... which is lucky, but I already had her with those IVs.
Well... time to wait for the next banner and get someone for Arena... and then the Legendary Banner to finish making my +10 Legendary hector.

What does everyone think of the Aether Raids, by the way? I like the concept, but my feelings are pretty mixed on the implementation. There are, of course, cancer teams which can be annoying, but I also don't like how limited our ability to play the mode is. We can't explore the mode and see a bunch of different teams & setups; instead, we're limited to pretty much 2 matches a day, both of which have a score pressure. I think that it would be more fun if we had the option to play the mode indefinitely (or with Stamina) for no points (but you could still earn HM).
I do like Aether Raids as a mode. I think it's fun and I enjoy fighting against other teams!
However, I encounter a lot of the same units over and over, which is inevitable. I "love" seeing Brave Veronica over and over... there isn't real counter-play to her and I have to hope for the best. The best strategy I have is to bait her with my +Def Myrrh (with her weapon's effect, Veronica can only attack once) and hopefully KO her the next turn.

Nah

Smash Champion
I like Aether Raids better than Arena, although it could use some tweaks, first thing I can think of is like what Astellius said in how our play time with it is so limited.

Also finally pulled my first BH Ike on that "Ward" banner, so I finally have Steady Breath fodder now.

D

Deleted member

I'm stockpiling orbs for Christmas atm. Hoping we get some good holiday stuff!

Astellius

Smash Ace
Erureido Erureido Congrats on climbing to first during the round! I think my highest placement during a Voting Gauntlet was ~20-30. Somewhere in that vicinity. It was for Spring Catria, and I ended up finishing the round at about 50th.

Oh, and before you decide whether or not to fodder Legendary Lucina for Swift Sparrow, I'd really recommend trying her out -- she's a lot of fun to use! I really enjoy using Future Vision, it's undoubtedly my favorite positioning move (and I'm really glad it's exclusive to her). The effect on her bow works really well for her and has synergy with her other skills.

I do like Aether Raids as a mode. I think it's fun and I enjoy fighting against other teams!
However, I encounter a lot of the same units over and over, which is inevitable. I "love" seeing Brave Veronica over and over... there isn't real counter-play to her and I have to hope for the best. The best strategy I have is to bait her with my +Def Myrrh (with her weapon's effect, Veronica can only attack once) and hopefully KO her the next turn.
Yeah, I usually end up having to bait Veronica with Tiki.

I also like seeing what sorts of teams and maps people design, but I would really like to explore it more, and without having to worry so much about the score for every single match.

I like Aether Raids better than Arena, although it could use some tweaks, first thing I can think of is like what Astellius said in how our play time with it is so limited.

Also finally pulled my first BH Ike on that "Ward" banner, so I finally have Steady Breath fodder now.
Congrats on Steady Breath fodder! I wonder who you might want to save that for! Hmmmm!

I'm stockpiling orbs for Christmas atm. Hoping we get some good holiday stuff!
Book III should be coming out soon too, so, Naga willing, we'll have a lot of new stuff! I'm saving up my orbs right now too, here's to hoping we get something nice soon!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
What does everyone think of the Aether Raids, by the way? I like the concept, but my feelings are pretty mixed on the implementation. There are, of course, cancer teams which can be annoying, but I also don't like how limited our ability to play the mode is. We can't explore the mode and see a bunch of different teams & setups; instead, we're limited to pretty much 2 matches a day, both of which have a score pressure. I think that it would be more fun if we had the option to play the mode indefinitely (or with Stamina) for no points (but you could still earn HM).
I'm personally finding it to be a more enjoyable mode than Arena so far. I originally feared the decrease penalty you get every time you lose a Defense battle would be frequent, but the fact it only happens once a day makes it less strenuous. The idea behind customizing those maps is pretty fun too. Only real hiccups I have so far are going up against teams that equip Surtr or Brave Veronica in some heavily fortified area. I also wish the game allowed you to do more than 2 battles a day. Three is a good number IMO.

Shog

Smash Ace
About Fire Emblem Heroes:
I have collected a bunch of rare units over time, but I still can't get a grasp of finishing the "chain modes"(the one with extra hard difficulty and you have to fight in a row, they give Sacred Seals if you manage to do them)

Any guides/help for them?

Nah

Smash Champion
I have collected a bunch of rare units over time, but I still can't get a grasp of finishing the "chain modes"(the one with extra hard difficulty and you have to fight in a row, they give Sacred Seals if you manage to do them)

If you put "feh squad assault guide" (squad assault is the one that gives seals) into google and Youtube, you should be able to find some stuff. Look for stuff basically labeled as f2p, as it'll be easier to make use of those ones. I can't tell you much myself, as I haven't actually gotten around to attempting squad assault myself, but the one thing I can tell you is that having a healer on the team is usually good for chain maps so your units don't get too worn down.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A new Feh Channel will air this Monday at 5 PM CT/6 PM ET. It'll be 10 minutes long.

Yep, a shorter Feh channel than the last one. I guess we can primarily expect the Book III trailer, stuff about the upcoming banner, and maybe a slight new update. It sure would be nice if the beast units are finally revealed to be playable, but I'm ready for the worst.

Too bad I won't be able to watch it live when it airs as I'll be driving home from work around that time.

Astellius

Smash Ace
refine.jpg

As your resident Whitewings fan, you can bet I'm excited to see Palla, Est, and Catria get some personal weapons! Of course, this happens shortly after I finally decided I should give Palla a better weapon than her native Ruby Sword+. They were probably watching my account, just waiting for the right moment to spring this to make that investment meaningless...! Oh well, so it goes! I'm still happy. Looking forward to seeing what comes with this batch of upgraded weapons.

And the Book III Feh Channel has been announced, looking forward to that! Anyone remember about how long it was between the Book II Feh Channel and Book II's launch?

I'm personally finding it to be a more enjoyable mode than Arena so far. I originally feared the decrease penalty you get every time you lose a Defense battle would be frequent, but the fact it only happens once a day makes it less strenuous. The idea behind customizing those maps is pretty fun too. Only real hiccups I have so far are going up against teams that equip Surtr or Brave Veronica in some heavily fortified area. I also wish the game allowed you to do more than 2 battles a day. Three is a good number IMO.
Yeah, the penalty for losing a Defense battle isn't too bad. And there are a ton of Veronicas! Those can get tiresome after awhile, especially when they come paired with a dancer.

I do like the ability to customize the maps. There are some pretty creative setups, I do wish we could see more of them.

You mean the Squad Assault maps? The Squad Assault maps have you fight a series of five maps in a row, and you have to select a new team for each map.

It's a bit hard to give generic advice for it, since I don't know what you've been doing, what sorts of units are in your roster, etc. Are you checking each map before starting the battle? Be sure to do that. You should build your team to counter the threats on the map, and try to plan out what you're going to do ahead of time.

If your roster isn't that big, I would try to save your strongest units for the later maps in the run. Start with your weaker units, and save the stronger ones for later. That gives you better coverage for when your options are more limited later on.

Be sure to build up a robust roster. Make sure your 5* units are all trained up to level 40 and have all their skill slots filled out with suitable skills. The more units you have fully decked out means more options to choose from to cover the various threats you might encounter.

As Nah said, if you're looking for step-by-step guides, you could check Youtube for them.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the Feh Channel aired a few hours ago, and we got some new updates coming up:

New OCs with Book III (Lif is also confirmed to be the first King of Askr, and if Norse mythology is anything to go by, Thrasir is probably the first Queen of Embla), the introduction of Summoning Tickets to give you more chances of that first-time free summon, the introduction of Beast units (which will happen with the Radiant Dawn banner in January, Tibarn being one of them), the introduction of Mythic Heroes and a bunch of new elements to tie in with them, and a new Hero Fest banner featuring Lewyn, Owain, Ophelia, and Eir (the new OC we get for free upon completing Chapter 1 of Book III, as well as our first Mythic Hero).

Not getting my hopes up for Book III despite how it talks about how it'll be a different "tone" compared to Books I and II. We all remember how they said Book II would be "different," and we all got our hopes up... only to find out how it eventually turn out. Yeah, maybe there'll be some good things out of Book III like there was Book II, but for the most part, I'd say we shouldn't get our hopes up that much.

I will say though that Hel's design looks really badass. Damn, she looks super creepy, and in a very fitting way for someone who rules the Kingdom of the Dead. Eir has quite an elegant design too, and Lif and Thrasir look cool (albeit maybe a bit over too designed). It looks like they were all drawn by Yusuke Kozaki (the shading points to it), so I gotta applaud him for some neat character designs he made.

Glad that we're finally getting the Beast units, though I'm a bit surprised they won't be introduced tomorrow. I guess that's a good thing, because that means I still have time to save up for Kaden; I originally had a feeling our first "Beast banner" was going to be a Fateswakening Banner featuring Panne, Keaton, and Kaden, but I guess that's not happening right now.

Speaking of beast units:

Nailah confirmed to appear in the same Radiant Dawn banner with Tibarn!

Won't comment much on Mythic Heroes or the new Hero Fest banner, but those Summoning Tickets... first we had Grails, and now we have Summoning Tickets. Gee, Fire Emblem Heroes sure is porting some stuff from Fate/Grand Order, huh?

Nah

Smash Champion
oh god Tibarn is a flyer with 3 mov

at least he doesn't have a ranged attack though

Just to clarify though, these new summoning tickets: they are something that you don't get to keep, yes? You can only use them for the time the banner that you can use the tickets on is up, right? Just want to make sure I understand it right.

Also, the new refine for the Robins looks nice, it's basically a Gronnraven/Blarraven with a "Tactics All" effect.

Shog

Smash Ace
Finally got Ophelia, my favourite Fates Conquest unit.

The new dagger main story unit seems to be fire: Great unique skills.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Free summon on the new Hero Fest banner gave me this:

A free Eir! She's +Atk -Spd though, so it's a very hit or miss nature. Thankfully, I still have the neutral copy from completing Chapter 1 of Book III, so I'll just use that as my main Eir. As for the one I got as a free unit, she's set to be Swift Sparrow fodder. Pretty nice that she comes with it!

Just to clarify though, these new summoning tickets: they are something that you don't get to keep, yes? You can only use them for the time the banner that you can use the tickets on is up, right? Just want to make sure I understand it right.
Yep, summoning tickets only apply to the banner they are associated with it. Once that banner ends, so will the summoning tickets with it.

Astellius

Smash Ace
FINALLY! This happened!

Catria.png

Lo, the final copy I needed to complete my Whitewings merge project appeared! Now the sisters are all at 5*+10! This marks the culmination of my largest project on FEH. However, I only had enough Dew to give Catria the upgrade to her lance -- Est and Palla are next in line for theirs! I have sufficient rocks, but nothing really to spend them on, so they'll just have to make do with what they have at the moment.

As you can see, I went with a Def build for Catria. I ended up choosing +Def/-HP as the base, in part because that was the original 5* Catria that I pulled near the beginning of the game. But I quite like the Def build for her, she hits 49 Def when her bond & lance skills are active, making her quite the flying fortress.

Now, onto the new weapons for the Whitewings. Originally, I was unimpressed. The weapons themselves, unrefined, are just better versions of the ones they came with. As for the refine, I thought that they just gave a stat boost while guaranteeing a follow-up when within 2 spaces of 2 flyers. Turns out, I was reading that wrong, and the Triangle Attack effect is actually a brave effect.

Catria 2.png

Wow! It's quite a powerful effect! I can't wait to get the refines for both Est & Palla as well!

As for the Book III trailer, I thought that was pretty awesome. Love the aesthetic they went with, it looks really cool. And beast units are finally coming to FEH! I was quite excited when Tibarn dropped off the note to Feh; and it looks like we're getting Nailah too. It's about time!

Also, Hero Fest is nice -- I finally managed to acquire an Ophelia! Pulling for her also netted me my first Tana! Both Tana and Ophelia were characters I really wanted to pull for, but couldn't when they came out due to my limited orb stashes at the time. So, I'm quite pleased they came to join me now! And, pulling blue had the added benefit of giving me the last Catria I needed as well.

There was a quality of life improvement that didn't get mentioned anywhere, but one I quite like:

THANK YOU.png

They now will preview the opponent team on the selection screen for Arena Assault. This is a welcome improvement! Now I don't have to toggle between screens to see what I need to counter! Thanks IS!

Finally got Ophelia, my favourite Fates Conquest unit.

The new dagger main story unit seems to be fire: Great unique skills.
Congrats! I managed to get an Ophelia as well!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ho ho ho, Christmas time is here in Fire Emblem Heroes! The new Christmas banner features Fae, Ephraim, and Eirika, and Cecillia is the TT award. All of them are armored units.

Of interest, Winter Eirika is our first Armored Healer! Unfortunately, her getting her 4th alt with this banner means she is much less likely to make top 2 in CYL3 this year. The banner also marks the debut of Des/Res Bond, Atk/Def Solo, and Atk Opening skills.

This banner is a rather easy skip for me. While I like Eirika, I'm not in the mood to have an Armored Healer right now. Ephraim also looks interesting, but I want him mainly for Bold Fighter. I will say that I love their Christmas alts. They look great in them!

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Huge Sacred Stones Fan here, but I got my Eirika+Ephraim Team already complete, I will also only take the free summon

Nah

Smash Champion
well, hit this hoarding milestone:

now if IS would just do the thing to make me spend the orbs

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well well, look who joined the "five alts in the game" club along with Lyn, Lucina, and Camilla.

Azura is the new Legendary Azura, and she is looking to be a pretty busted flying dancer, probably the most broken dancer we have so far.

The other characters in this upcoming Legendary Hero banner are Legendary Marth, Summer Tiki, Flora, Fjorm, Summer Camilla, Legendary Hector, Flying Nino, Helbindi, Eir, Summer Takumi, and Brave Veronica.

I had a feeling Legendary Azura would happen at some point, but not this soon. I was expecting Eir to be the featured character this banner since she is our first Mythic Hero, but alas, not exactly the case. I did predict that if Legendary Azura were to happen, she'd probably look like her mother, Arete, and she sure does now with that feathered headdress! I also thought she'd be our first Cavalry Dancer to fit similar to Arete, but she turned out to be another Flying Dancer instead.

Summer Takumi being in this banner is a huge deal for me. I'm glad saving those 200+ orbs payed off, because I'm using them to pull for more Summer Takumis. I really want those Summer Takumi merges! Legendary Hector, Legendary Azura, and Summer Camilla are all next in line after him in case no silver orbs show up in a round of summoning.

D

Deleted member

This Azura is busted... and it looks like no one is happy about her getting a fifth alt. I don't really blame them, but still.

The real prize here is Hector for me. My Hector is at +7 and I need 3 more to get him to +10. I saved a lot of Orbs for this banner alone... I have over 1000 Orbs ready and waiting.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, the new Fire Emblem Heroes update dropped, and Legendary Azura's stats have been datamined! However, in that same datamine, the featured characters for the upcoming New Year's banner, including their stats and skills, have been leaked!

Yep, most of the Book II OCs, specifically Gunnthra, Laegjarn, Fjorm, Laevatain, and Hrid! Laegjarn is also confirmed to be the award unit for the TT associated with it! The units will also introduce two new skills: Hone Attack 4 (on Hrid) and Joint Hone Speed (on Gunnthra)

Here's the link to all of the new units stats, and here's a link to all of the new units' artwork.

I dig the artwork for all of them. Gunnthra looks a lot better in this art than her official art, and Laevatain and Hrid are looking quite good too! Hrid especially looks cool in that yukata. He's the one I want to pull the most from that banner.

Kinda surprised we didn't get Sakura for this NY banner. I thought she'd get one with her riding a Kinshi since she fits the NY theme well as a Hoshidan, and she's the only Hoshidan royal that doesn't have a Kinshi alt yet. Alas, looks like that Sakura alt won't be happening as soon as I thought.

News has also dropped that merging allies will be gaining another very good benefit in February 2019. When you merge two characters for the first time, the bane is removed! No longer will you need to worry about pulling a character with a bad bane! That's huge! You'll have to put some more effort in pulling the characters you want though, as if you want to really play things safe, you'll have to go for pulling two copies of the character instead of one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today, I was able to complete yet another merge project.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I +10'd Legendary Hector! I wanted to +10 a Legendary Hero, and I felt like Hector was the one that would benefit me the most on my main Arena team.
I also got extra lucky here! Before the February update is going to drop, I managed to pull a +Attack/-Speed Hector, his most optimal boon and bane!
I spent around 800 Orbs total and got a lot of 5 star units here, namely a lot of Ninos and (oddly enough) Camillas. I pulled three -Attack Azuras, but I at least got one more that wasn't -Attack that I will use for Arena.

Nah

Smash Champion
Bane removal sounds really nice. Not really into the Book II OCs getting NY's alts, especially so soon, but oh well

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Today, I was able to complete yet another merge project.
I +10'd Legendary Hector! I wanted to +10 a Legendary Hero, and I felt like Hector was the one that would benefit me the most on my main Arena team.
I also got extra lucky here! Before the February update is going to drop, I managed to pull a +Attack/-Speed Hector, his most optimal boon and bane!
I spent around 800 Orbs total and got a lot of 5 star units here, namely a lot of Ninos and (oddly enough) Camillas. I pulled three -Attack Azuras, but I at least got one more that wasn't -Attack that I will use for Arena.
Congrats on your new completely merged unit! Legendary Hector is an awesome unit, and having a +10 merged version of him makes him even more a monster (also fun fact: my Legendary Hector has the exact same nature as yours: +Atk -Spd)!

So I remember the last time you shared your Arena team, it consisted of Takumi, Nowi, Nino. and Ayra. Now that you mention Legendary Hector will be added to your Arena team, how different is your new Arena team from that old team? I assume Takumi is still there, but what about the others?

------

All 230 of my current stash of orbs were used on the Legendary Hero banner last night, and it was quite eventful!

To preface my summoning adventure, I only pulled one Summer Takumi out of all them: he was my free summon! My Summer Takumi is now at 40+2!

I pulled a whole bunch of 5 stars using the orb I gathered, so there's a lot to share for this one:

These were the five stars I got in the summoning session immediately after I got my third Summer Takumi as my free summon:

My first Helbindi and my first Summer Camilla!

In subsequent summoning sessions, these were the other most notable full-round summons:

The total number of five stars I pulled with the orbs I used:

-4 Summer Camillas (Yes, I repeat, FOUR Summer Camillas)
-2 Helbindis
-1 Summer Takumi
-1 Fjorm
-1 Summer Young Tiki
-1 Eir
-1 Legendary Hector

All four Summer Camillas had meh IVs, and two of them have already been used as Hone Fliers fodder: one for my Myrrh, the other for my Flying Olivia. Both have been wanting Hone Fliers for a long time now, so it feels good to finally have that skill. My Flier Emblem will definitely improve in its offenses now thanks to Myrrh having the skill, while my Summer Takumi solos on my GHB, BHB, and LHB attempts will be easier now that Summer Takumi will receive the highest possible Attack and Speed boost from them. I'll be holding on to the other two Summer Camillas as future Hone Fliers fodder. Feels good to finally have some easy access to Hone Fliers atm.

The first Helbindi I pulled is +Atk -Def, while the second one I got is +HP -Def. I thought about foddering away one of them for their A-skill, but I've decided I'll merge them for the upcoming merge update to get rid of the Defense bane. The one with the Attack asset is definitely staying of course!

As for the other five stars, Fjorm and Legendary Hector had completely neutral natures, Summer Young Tiki is +HP -Res, and Eir is +Def -HP. Fjorm and Summer Young Tiki were merged with the old copies I have, Eir will be retained for skill inheritance (for either Swift Sparrow or Mystic Boost; she's also my second spare copy of her), and Legendary Hector has already passed his Distant Counter to my +Atk -Spd Sword Reinhardt I pulled a short while back. I can now finally finish building my Sword Reinhardt!

I think I'll still try pulling from the Legendary Hero banner these next few days, namely to get more Summer Takumis for merges, Legendary Hectors for DC, and a copy of Legendary Azura just to use for myself.

D

Deleted member

So I remember the last time you shared your Arena team, it consisted of Takumi, Nowi, Nino. and Ayra. Now that you mention Legendary Hector will be added to your Arena team, how different is your new Arena team from that old team? I assume Takumi is still there, but what about the others?
My Arena team has changed since then.
My new Arena team consists of Ayra, Nowi, Legendary Hector, and whoever the bonus unit is. Though, I do want to have a +10 male Grima, which in that case he will be added to the fourth slot.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The trailer for the upcoming New Years banner is out now, but it's not much of a surprise since the units were leaked prior.

But we did get two pieces of information regarding what's coming for Fire Emblem Heroes in this next month:

First, two special bundles can be purchased in Fire Emblem Heroes as part of the New Year's celebration! They both cost $75 dollars each, but they come with A LOT of goodies:
  • The first bundle is called "Ice Princess New Year's Bundle," and it contains the following: 110 orbs, 30 bonus orbs, 10,000 feathers, 400 Aether Stones, and a free copy of New Year Fjorm
  • The second bundle is called "Fire Princess New Year's Bundle," and it contains the following: 110 orbs, 30 bonus orbs, 10,000 feathers, 200 Heroic Grails, and a free copy of New Year Laevatainn.
So if you were to purchase both bundles you'll get a total of 280 orbs, 20,000 feathers, 400 Aether Stones, 200 Heroic Grails, one free copy of New Year Fjorm, and one free copy of New Year Laevatainn. Sounds pretty awesome, but do know that you'd be paying a total of about $150.

As tempted as I feel of going for both bundles, I don't think I'll go for both just yet. My main incentive in using those orbs is to pull for New Year Hrid, but I'd like to see how using the free orbs I have by then will go. If I don't pull New Year Hrid with the free orbs when the NY banner drops, I'll probably consider buying one of the bundles. If I do pull New Year Hrid as a free summon or from those free orbs, I'll probably just use those orbs for the Legendary Hero banner if it's still running because there's still some stuff I'd like to pull from it like more Summer Takumis for merges (speaking of which, I managed to pull my fourth Summer Takumi yesterday with some orbs I gathered, so he's now at 40+3), Legendary Hectors for DC, and a copy of Legendary Azura for myself.

They also announced the newest Voting Gauntlet. It will feature last year's New Year's units pitted against this year's New Year's units!

I'm going with either Team Takumi or Team Hrid for this one since they are my favorite of the ones featured. I'm definitely going for Team Takumi first, but if Team Takumi loses at some point and Team Hrid is still in it, I'll just hop over to Team Hrid.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Happy New Year everyone! May Mila and Naga bless everyone's pulls this year!

I've been a bit busy, so I haven't been around as much, but I hope everyone is doing well. I'm happy that NY Laegjarn, my favorite of the FEH OCs, is the free reward from the Tempest Trials. And, thanks to the free tickets, I was also able to grab a NY Gunnthra! Her art looks quite nice, and she looks to be quite a powerful unit. I did some pulls on the Legendary Banner, and got Flora & S. Camilla, who were both new, and a dupe Nino with the same +HP/-Def nature as before. Since we're getting the bane removal for merged units, I'll probably keep her for the merge, rather than fodder her off for Swift Sparrow. But I'm undecided!

The news about the merges makes me quite happy, especially since I very rarely fodder off my 5* exclusive units. I had plenty sitting around, waiting to be used as fodder, but now they're going to merges. Who know my indecision would eventually pay off like this!

Also, today, I was able to give Palla the refine she was waiting for, so the sisters are finally fully merged and fully built:

Plus, Est is a bonus hero! That made rising to T21 really easy, since I could field a full 5*+10 team. With her fancy spear, she can just slice right through pretty much anything. Even the 50 billion Surtrs that proliferate at this score range fall without difficulty to her mighty Triangle Attack. I am going to see if I can actually manage to stay in T21 -- it could be possible! Right now, I think my score is 3,778 (a new high score!), and I might fish for more if I start getting perilously close to the cutoff.

Wish Est luck!

Edit: Smashboards is being wonky with the images right now, so here's a link to the image: https://i.imgur.com/ecYmQD2.jpg

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Success!

Tier Maintained.png

I managed to maintain my standing in T21. It was not something I ever was expecting to do, but, thanks to Est being the bonus hero this past week, it was possible. My prior score of 3,778 was edged out of the remain bracket on the last day, so I had to do another run. This time, my score was 3,786. I certainly won't be able to top that anytime soon!

I also managed to complete Legendary Azura's Abyssal map. This one was, in my opinion, one of the more difficult ones. I accomplished it with my team of Tiki, PA Azura, Reinhardt, and Genny. My primary strategy was to have Tiki serve as a wall for enemies trying to advance down the left side of the map. The Firesweep Sword flyer wasn't able to do damage to Tiki, and, if Reinhardt poked it, the healer would heal it & Azura would dance for the healer, who would then proceed to heal the flyer up to full health. This effectively clogged up the left side of the map for several turns, forcing the enemies to funnel through the bottleneck on the right pretty slowly. Eventually, we were able to clear out most of the enemies. Gravity+ became critical there at the end, in order to prevent us from being rushed by the remaining blue manakete, axe cav, and healer. That let us eke in the couple extra turns necessary to properly dispense with those foes without leaving anyone too vulnerable.

As for the Voting Gauntlet, it looks like the final round is to be spent primarily in same hell. Oh well! I decided to join NY Gunnthra for it, since she came to me from the free ticket & since Azura spurned me on her Legendary banner. She'll be around again in a few months, so here's to hoping I'll get her then! In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Nailah & Tibarn finally seeing their release. Beast units are on their way!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And so it begins folks! The beast units make their debut in Fire Emblem Heroes this Friday: it's the new Radiant Dawn banner, and it is devoted ENTIRELY to the Laguz!

Tibarn, Leanne, Reyson, and Nailah are the featured units. Tibarn and Nailah look pretty busted so far with those new skills of their's, and Reyson is looking to be the 4-star demote for this banner. It's also confirmed that Naesala is the GHB!

Can't comment much on that new Fire Emblem Heroes trailer, but man, Tibarn and Nailah look busted! I might pull for those two, but I don't know if they're both characters I really need to pull for right now.

D

Deleted member

And so it begins folks! The beast units make their debut in Fire Emblem Heroes this Friday: it's the new Radiant Dawn banner, and it is devoted ENTIRELY to the Laguz!

Tibarn, Leanne, Reyson, and Nailah are the featured units. Tibarn and Nailah look pretty busted so far with those new skills of their's, and Reyson is looking to be the 4-star demote for this banner. It's also confirmed that Naesala is the GHB!

Can't comment much on that new Fire Emblem Heroes trailer, but man, Tibarn and Nailah look busted! I might pull for those two, but I don't know if they're both characters I really need to pull for right now.
I will definitely pull for Tibarn and Reyson. I have a feeling that Reyson might get demoted, but I am not 100% sure on that.
I'm glad IS won't deprive unlucky F2P players on beast units with Naesala.

Nah

Smash Champion
So the update's here now. Beast unit banner doesn't happen til tomorrow, but some of the other stuff is here like the new refines. Deirdre and Julia's refine gives them a nullfy adaptive damage effect, so them vs dragons is now like how it was in the pre-refinery days.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So this past week of Fire Emblem Heroes for me was quite eventful in regards tot 5-star pulls.

Back when we were getting the Summoning Tickets for the New Years baners, I used them in the hopes of pulling. I did pull a 5-star red using them...

And didn't get the New Year's unit I wanted...

I thought about foddering Legendary Gunnthra for Swift Sparrow/Joint Hone Speed 4 until I learned she got one of her best natures: an Attack asset and a Resistance flaw to be precise.

I then built her, primarily based around her default skill set:

She's basically sword flier bruiser 2.0 after my Legendary Ryoma; she has better bulk while Legendary Ryoma hits harder thanks to Life and Death 3. I also gave her Fortify Fliers if I plan on using her for a Flier Emblem team.

Well, the Summoning Tickets didn't give me New Years Hrid, so it was back to pulling from the Legendary Hero banner. I decided to buy the Fjorm New Years bundle, so it gave me some more orbs to go for the Legendary Hero banner.

All I got from that was my fifth Summer Camilla, my second Brave Veronica, and my fifth Summer Takumi. Good stuff! More Hone Fliers fodder is always nice, that Brave Veronica could be used for merging or as Wrathful Staff fodder, and my Summer Takumi merge count whent up to 40+4!

I was hoping to finally pull Legendary Azura though: I've come to realize that she would be a huge asset to my Flier Emblem team because of Gray Waves and the buffs that she can provide as a Flier.

So over the remaining days, I tried to pull for Legendary Azura again, but I got my third Fjorm. Well then...

And then the final day of the Legendary Hero banner arrived. With the remaining orbs I got, only of my last 5 star pulls from it was quite the blessing!

Legendary Azura finally came home! She got an HP asset and a Resistance flaw, which isn't all that bad considering that I plan on using her mainly for support rather than as an offensive unit (unless the situation calls for it).

It didn't take me long for me to build her either, as one of my spare Summer Camillas came into use for giving her that Hone Fliers skill right away!

Only thing she needs is to maxxx out her Flier Formation seal, but I plan on dong that once I get enough Silver Coins. She'll still be a huge help to my offensive Aether Raids team,: it's my same old Flier Emblem team with the addition of Eir as a bonus unit, but I can swap her for Legendary Azura once she has moment of spotlight in Aether Raids bonuses.

My very last pull from the recent Legendary Hero banner ended up being my third Legendary Hector, so I was finally able to give my Summer Young Tiki the Distant Counter she long wanted.

So in all, I had a really good time pulling from the most recent LH banner. The total amount of 5-star pulls I got from them:

-5 Summer Camillas: Great to finally have spare Hone Fliers fodder! I still have two of them at the moment.
-3 Summer Takumis: Thanks to them, my Summer Takumi now has a merge count of 40+4.
-2 Helbindis: One of them has a +Atk -Def nature while the other is +HP -Def. The latter will be merged with the former to remove the Defense bane once the February update arrives. He's also the only remaining unit I have at the moment that could benefit from Distant Counter, but I think Steady Breath is a good alternative for now.
-2 Legendary Hectors: Good to finally have some more DC fodder, allowing my Sword Reinhardt and Young Summer Tiki to have the completed builds I long wanted them to have.
-2 Fjorms: Thanks to them, my Fjorm now has a merge count of 40+3.
-1 Legendary Azura: No doubt she'll be a valuable dancer in my Flier Emblem/Aether Raids team.
-1 Summer Young Tiki: She helped with giving my old Summer Young Tiki a stat boost from merging.
-1 Brave Veronica: She'll help either with the Brave Veronica merges or as Wrathful Staff fodder.
-1 Eir: More Swift Sparrow/Mystic Boost fodder is always nice.

I wish pulled one more Summer Takumi from the banner so that I could reach the halfway point until he is completely merged. Ah well, looks like I have to wait until next summer if I really want to go for the dream of getting a 40+10 Summer Takumi. Let's hope my gacha luck will be on my side when it comes!

Oh yeah, I might as well share my recent build completions:

These are two units I finished building before the Legendary hero banner dropped. Male Morgan has a perfect nature of +Spd -Def, while Elincia has a meh nature (can't remember what it was). Both do a good job at their roles as a Rauthrblade sweeper and a sword bruiser respectively.

And here were the two units I finished building once I pulled those two Legendary Hectors from the recent Legendary Hero banner:

Sword Reinhardt has a perfect nature of +Atk -Spd, and the build he was given makes him optimized for the enemy phase. He also has Fortify Cavaliers should he be placed on a Horse Emblem team.

Summer Young Tiki is a natural nature who recently got a +1 merge and DC from the last Legendary Hector I pulled. This build makes her optimized as the archer counter on a Flier Emblem team, though I can also swap out Iote's Shield for Close Defense should I put her on a Dragon Emblem team. Yeah, come to think of it, she's probably going to show up on my first Dragon Emblem team alongside Nowi, Myrrh, and Ninian.

As for the Voting Gauntlet, I was on Team Takumi when it began. Really sucked to see he was the only non-OC that didn't move on to the next round, and when I learned even Hrid lost the first round, I had no choice but to join Team Azura. Turned out to be a good choice, because I was able to get revenge on Team Gunnthra for giving Takumi that humiliating loss int he first round!

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to pulling for beast units later tonight (or tomorrow)! Nailah will be my main target, with whatever orbs I have leftover going to Leanne & Tibarn. Glare looks to be a very potent skill, and at long last we will have the counter to Dazzling Staves with Null C-Disrupt.

Additionally, Naesala will be coming with Swift Sparrow, which means that F2P players will finally be getting access to this skill. I have a few units that could use this Passive, so I'm happy we're finally getting access to it for free. Elincia, are you ready?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Additionally, Naesala will be coming with Swift Sparrow, which means that F2P players will finally be getting access to this skill. I have a few units that could use this Passive, so I'm happy we're finally getting access to it for free. Elincia, are you ready?
Eir was technically the first F2P unit that had Swift Sparrow, not Naesala, since she automatically joins your team for beating Book III Chapter 1.

D

Deleted member

So I used up all of my Orbs on this banner and I managed to get everyone on it, even though my targets were Tibarn and Reyson. But that's fine! I got a lot in the process!
I got Fallen Celica (free summon!), green Olwen (also on my first batch), Reyson, tome Eirika, Laevatain, Innes, Leanne, Katarina, 3 Tibarns, Siegbert, and Nailah!
I also turned my attention to the first NY banner and managed to get another Elise, a Camilla (by accident!), and two NY Azuras to neutralize her -Speed IV next month!

Astellius

Smash Ace
While it took 170+ orbs and a pity rate of up over 5%, I was able to obtain Nailah! She is +Def/-HP, which is a pretty solid nature for her. Given that that ate up all of the orbs I had on hand & what was obtained from chapters & quests at the time, I've since been holding off on pulling from the banner for Leanne or Tibarn. I'd like to see who's coming out on some of the upcoming special banners before I do any more pulling. I might just save my orbs, since it was painful to do that many pulls for just one 5*. But at least she came to me! And I really like her too, it's nice to have someone that can bait all the Veronicas running around all over the place.

Eir was technically the first F2P unit that had Swift Sparrow, not Naesala, since she automatically joins your team for beating Book III Chapter 1.
I meant as an accessible resource for fodder, since Naesala will be added to the grail shop and you get 3 copies from the battle. The free Eir is friend, not food!

So I used up all of my Orbs on this banner and I managed to get everyone on it, even though my targets were Tibarn and Reyson. But that's fine! I got a lot in the process!
I got Fallen Celica (free summon!), green Olwen (also on my first batch), Reyson, tome Eirika, Laevatain, Innes, Leanne, Katarina, 3 Tibarns, Siegbert, and Nailah!
I also turned my attention to the first NY banner and managed to get another Elise, a Camilla (by accident!), and two NY Azuras to neutralize her -Speed IV next month!
Nice summons! Good to see the beast banner served you well, certainly bearing more fruit than it did for me! Also, I'm really looking forward to next month's update, it'll be nice to finally do away with banes for merged units. Your Azura will appreciate it!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I meant as an accessible resource for fodder, since Naesala will be added to the grail shop and you get 3 copies from the battle. The free Eir is friend, not food!
Yeah true, I've been using the free Eir myself, and she has been quite handy in Aether Raids for her ability to tank against prominent magic users in the game. I only mentioned it because someone might feel the fodder to use the free one as fodder if they wanted to pull for an Eir that gave her a good Asset.

Even Naesala is looking to be a useful unit too as the free beast unit. I'm not foddering my copies of him yet because I can definitely see some use out of him; the only character I want to give Swift Sparrow to at the moment is my Kinshi Hinoka, but I'll proceed to do that once I pull Faye so that I can give her a Firesweep Bow build.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just wanted to drop in the news that we have our first teaser for what this new Special Heroes banner that's starting in a few days will be:

From the looks of it (namely the buckets), this seems to be a Hot Springs banner.

With the recent Hot Springs accessory that was unlocked and the Japanese theme of visiting the onsen on a cold, winter day, I can imagine that's what this banner will be all about.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
One more double post, this time to show the new Fire Emblem Heroes trailer. As expected, it's the first Hot Springs themed banner, but...

..it's just the Fates royals: Ryoma, Sakura, Elise, and Hinoka are the featured characters in this banner. Camilla is the TT award. Yes, you heard that right. We now have SIX Camilla alts in Fire Emblem Heroes.

I can't say I'm too shocked since IS has been using Fateswakening a lot in those alt banners, but dear lord, the backlash from the community is strong, and I can especially see why with the 6th Camilla alt.

Even I will admit I'm disappointed with this 6th Camilla alt. Why couldn't it have been Leo instead? I mean, I'm not a fan of Leo myself, but he had the same amount of alts as Elise, Sakura, and Hinoka did prior to this banner, so him having an alt here would've helped provide some better balance distribution in the amount of alts the Fates royals have in Fire Emblem Heroes.

This banner doesn't interest me that much aside from Hinoka, who is my favorite of all the featured royals here. I might pull for her, but I'd like to see what's in store for the Mythic Hero banner before deciding to seriously pull for Hinoka.

D

Deleted member

One more double post, this time to show the new Fire Emblem Heroes trailer. As expected, it's the first Hot Springs themed banner, but...

..it's just the Fates royals: Ryoma, Sakura, Elise, and Hinoka are the featured characters in this banner. Camilla is the TT award. Yes, you heard that right. We now have SIX Camilla alts in Fire Emblem Heroes.

I can't say I'm too shocked since IS has been using Fateswakening a lot in those alt banners, but dear lord, the backlash from the community is strong, and I can especially see why with the 6th Camilla alt.

Even I will admit I'm disappointed with this 6th Camilla alt. Why couldn't it have been Leo instead? I mean, I'm not a fan of Leo myself, but he had the same amount of alts as Elise, Sakura, and Hinoka did prior to this banner, so him having an alt here would've helped provide some better balance distribution in the amount of alts the Fates royals have in Fire Emblem Heroes.

This banner doesn't interest me that much aside from Hinoka, who is my favorite of all the featured royals here. I might pull for her, but I'd like to see what's in store for the Mythic Hero banner before deciding to seriously pull for Hinoka.
I'm skipping this banner entirely. There is no unit here that really interests me whatsoever.
I just hope I have a unit ready for the next TT.

Top Bottom