• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I wish Niles, Oboro, Owain, and Navarre were available in the base game, but aside from that, I like the choices, Minerva especially. Olivia was a surprise, but I like her character, so I'm cool with her being among the DLC characters.

Looking forward to picking up the game tomorrow, though I won't be able to play it until the late hours of the day due to a busy schedule I have going on for most of the day.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
History Mode takes up the bulk of the game and each DLC pack comes with 3 History Maps? Heck yeah! That's a lot of content right there.

Thank God Azura is in. Olivia, Minerva, and Linde are nice surprises too. Don't care about Tharja though.

D

Deleted member

I dunno why Azura, Owain, Tharja, and Navarre were excluded from the base game, but OK. I'll roll with it.

I hope that they didn't reveal all of their plans, as unlikely as it sounds. I really wish Ike was playable, but I think that dream is dead.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The bad news is that he's not an Armor Mage. Damn it, IS. You had one job.
I see nothing wrong with Arvis not being an armored mage. People were overhyping themselves thinking that. Arvis being an armored unit only applied to his appearance in the second generation. In the first generation, he was just a sage, which for Heroes, translates to infantry mage. This banner, the paralogue, and tempest trial are all based on the first generation of the Genealogy cast. Even his GHB map is based on that going away BBQ party for Sigurd which happened during the first generation story (granted it was during the end, but still part of it).

Now, I don't think we'll never get Armored Mage Arvis. I think we'll get Arvis's second gen incarnation. At least it would make sense for that Arvis to be an armored unit. It may happen in November if they decide to focus on the second gen characters of Genealogy. We may get Ishtar so he'll be competing for the November GHB slot. Or, they could pull a Black Knight, and make second gen Arvis the boss and reward for that month's Tempest Trials.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
People were overhyping themselves thinking that.
Not really. Arvis being an armored mage is what he's known for. Yes, he was just a regular Sage in the first generation, but ask people which Arvis they know/prefer more and they'll anwser with 2nd generation Arvis. Besides, 2nd Generation Arvis is the one that's actually fought.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I checked the status of my FE Warriors preorder, and it's being shipped from Ohio. I live in Arizona...that's more then halfway across the country.

Meanwhile my Tiki amiibo is being shipped from California and will definetly be here today.

I don't understand shipping.

Edit: It's estimated to arrive on the 25th. I have a four-day weekend starting today and I don't get to play my game until it's over. I'm almost tempted to buy it digitally and return the physical copy to the store. But I got it at a discount, so I'll try to suffer through it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I did manage to pull Ayra yesterday, but I get one of the worst IVs possible for her; she's +Res/-Speed. Her res is bad and she is all about speed, so getting the opposite of that hurts. I won't be summoning from that banner anymore, but all I can do is hope that she gets demoted.
That aside, I did finish my super Eldigan yesterday and here is his skillset:

Unlike Ayra, I managed to get one of the best IVs possible and it was from my first Eldigan; he's +Def/-Res.
I gave him Renewal because I don't have any unit with Swordbreaker yet and I had a lot of Faes. Eldigan is also very bulky, as he took 0 damage from many physical attacks while I was training him.
I don't think he'll replace Xander on my Horse Emblem team as I like Xander, but he'll be a good offensive alternative.
I know one might be asking why didn't I sac my 5 other Eldigans for Fury, but I don't think it's worth doing. He's 5 star exclusive and you can easily get Fury from a 4 star Hinata, so I think it was more worth it to merge him than to make him Fury fodder.

I see nothing wrong with Arvis not being an armored mage. People were overhyping themselves thinking that. Arvis being an armored unit only applied to his appearance in the second generation. In the first generation, he was just a sage, which for Heroes, translates to infantry mage. This banner, the paralogue, and tempest trial are all based on the first generation of the Genealogy cast. Even his GHB map is based on that going away BBQ party for Sigurd which happened during the first generation story (granted it was during the end, but still part of it).

Now, I don't think we'll never get Armored Mage Arvis. I think we'll get Arvis's second gen incarnation. At least it would make sense for that Arvis to be an armored unit. It may happen in November if they decide to focus on the second gen characters of Genealogy. We may get Ishtar so he'll be competing for the November GHB slot. Or, they could pull a Black Knight, and make second gen Arvis the boss and reward for that month's Tempest Trials.
Well, Armor Emblem could have its first armored mage to help with the defensively bulky units with poor res, like Xander. I don't see Armor Emblem as much for how easily countered it is; one bulky unit can hold back with weapon triangle advantage and a mage could cleanly sweep them.
An armored mage might be able to counter these weaknesses if their defense and resistance are respectable. I think that's what people wanted Arvis to be; a way to help cover the glaring weaknesses.
Maybe it was foolish of us to think that Arvis would be an armored unit with how the banner and Prologue is based on the first generation, but it's something a lot of people wanted.

Speaking of the second generation, it's odd how Julia is the mascot and the final boss of this Tempest Trial and yet she is not a bonus unit. My theory is that...
After the TT is over, Lucina will tell Sigurd and Deirdre that the Julia they fought wasn't the real one and the real one needs their help.
In an upcoming banner, we will have a second generation Genealogy banner featuring three units. Those three units will be Tempest Trial 40% bonus units.
The TT banner will feature Julia, Seliph, Sigurd, and Deirdre and Julia will be the 40% bonus unit while the rest will be 20%. The last 20% unit will be either Julius or armored Arvis.
I just hope that if that is the case scenario that Julius and armored Arvis are true follow-ups to Black Knight.

I checked the status of my FE Warriors preorder, and it's being shipped from Ohio. I live in Arizona...that's more then halfway across the country.

Meanwhile my Tiki amiibo is being shipped from California and will definetly be here today.

Edit: It's estimated to arrive on the 25th. I have a four-day weekend starting today and I don't get to play my game until it's over. I'm almost tempted to buy it digitally and return the physical copy to the store. But I got it at a discount, so I'll try to suffer through it.
I am getting my copy of Warriors today, but I am unsure if I'll play it today. I get out of work kind of late today.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Hey man, at least you're getting it. I won't be getting Warriors for quite a while because i lack the funds and any money i save up is going towards Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

So I did manage to pull Ayra yesterday, but I get one of the worst IVs possible for her; she's +Res/-Speed. Her res is bad and she is all about speed, so getting the opposite of that hurts
I actually don't know the IVs of mine. Not that i care that much but i'd like to know. Here's my Ayra.
Screenshot_2017-10-20-09-49-24.png

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
For those who have FE Warriors or will soon get it eventually, have fun and I hope you guys enjoy it. :)

I kinda wanna talk about Sharena now. I know she may be outdated at this point, but I want to go over the optimal builds for her, since I don't have Neph yet. Well actually, it's either her or Cordelia for my current investment of B!Ike, Black Knight (might change for Tharja) and P!Azura. Is it generally agreed that she wants Fury 3, Lancebreaker 3 and Fortify Defense 3?

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'll probably wait a little bit to get Warriors, but I'm quite pleased that they decided to include Minerva as DLC! In the meantime, I'm throwing in some orbs trying to summon Ayra. No luck so far, but I did get a couple more Tikis, so I'll be able to get some higher merges on her. She's really good for the Arena, so I might prioritize getting her to high merge levels, so that eventually I'll be able to score high enough to stay in Tier 20.

So I did manage to pull Ayra yesterday, but I get one of the worst IVs possible for her; she's +Res/-Speed. Her res is bad and she is all about speed, so getting the opposite of that hurts. I won't be summoning from that banner anymore, but all I can do is hope that she gets demoted.
That aside, I did finish my super Eldigan yesterday and here is his skillset:

Unlike Ayra, I managed to get one of the best IVs possible and it was from my first Eldigan; he's +Def/-Res.
I gave him Renewal because I don't have any unit with Swordbreaker yet and I had a lot of Faes. Eldigan is also very bulky, as he took 0 damage from many physical attacks while I was training him.
I don't think he'll replace Xander on my Horse Emblem team as I like Xander, but he'll be a good offensive alternative.
Nice! He looks good. I do like having units getting their Def up into the 40's, as plenty of things simply just stop being able to touch them, and they can even sometimes tank against the weapon triangle. My Tiki and Lukas both have Def stats up in the 40's, so that's pretty fun. I also put Res+3 in my Deirdre's A-slot, raising her Res to 41, so magic just bounces right off of her.

As for Ayra, even with a Spd bane, she still should be quite fast. She gets +3 Spd from her sword, so she'd be resting at 37, with 41 speed on the offensive with Swift Sparrow. That's faster than my speed neutral Fir, who has LnD2. But, if you don't want her, I'll take her!

I actually don't know the IVs of mine. Not that i care that much but i'd like to know. Here's my Ayra.
Looks like she's +Res/-Def.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I won’t be getting Warriors today because I’ll be working thiis weekend, though I requested Sunday off so I’ll definitely buy it then.

Those that have it already, y’all just enjoy.

D

Deleted member

Your Ayra is +Res/-Def.
Although Res is her worst stat and I don't think she wants to lose Def, she's still very much usable. The core IVs she doesn't want to lose are Attack and Speed. I'd easily take this Ayra.

Nice! He looks good. I do like having units getting their Def up into the 40's, as plenty of things simply just stop being able to touch them, and they can even sometimes tank against the weapon triangle. My Tiki and Lukas both have Def stats up in the 40's, so that's pretty fun. I also put Res+3 in my Deirdre's A-slot, raising her Res to 41, so magic just bounces right off of her.

As for Ayra, even with a Spd bane, she still should be quite fast. She gets +3 Spd from her sword, so she'd be resting at 37, with 41 speed on the offensive with Swift Sparrow. That's faster than my speed neutral Fir, who has LnD2. But, if you don't want her, I'll take her!
Thanks! I dunno if he'll replace Xander on my Horse Emblem team since he doesn't have Distant Counter, but Eldigan is pretty much an offensive beast.
I personally would give Deirdre a Furynewal set like I do with Julia, but Res +3 with Quick Riposte is a very good budget set.

I just feel iffy about using her because she's not at her best potential...
I'll gladly give you Ayra... if you have an Amelia to spare. :p

Astellius

Smash Ace
Thanks! I dunno if he'll replace Xander on my Horse Emblem team since he doesn't have Distant Counter, but Eldigan is pretty much an offensive beast.
I personally would give Deirdre a Furynewal set like I do with Julia, but Res +3 with Quick Riposte is a very good budget set.

I just feel iffy about using her because she's not at her best potential...
I'll gladly give you Ayra... if you have an Amelia to spare. :p
Well, there's nothing wrong with building two Horse Emblem teams, right? I probably wouldn't replace my +0 Xander with a +5 Eldigan either, because, well, as you pointed out, Distant Counter. But having two Horse Emblem teams is great for Arena Assault. A 4* Seth is my swordie for my second Horse Emblem team, so his main purpose in life is just: confront greens and buff allies.

As for Deirdre, I actually prefer the Res+3 & QR build to a Furynewal one. But I also just generally like the +3 stat passive on characters that have excessive defensive stats. They can often tank hits for 0, or close to 0, damage. And, without the Fury damage, they can do so repeatedly!

Now, as for Ayra, well. Of course that's up to you, but I have a -Spd Brave Lyn, and she does quite well despite a terrible bane. Her Swift Sparrow puts her at 39 Spd on the offensive, and, of course, she can be buffed. Sure, it's not her best potential.... but she still is quite capable of kicking some ass, deeply!

And, no, I don't have any Amelias to send you in exchange for Ayra--or even any Amelias of my own. But you can have my Arden, once I get him from TT! Both of them! How's that!

D

Deleted member

Well, there's nothing wrong with building two Horse Emblem teams, right? I probably wouldn't replace my +0 Xander with a +5 Eldigan either, because, well, as you pointed out, Distant Counter. But having two Horse Emblem teams is great for Arena Assault. A 4* Seth is my swordie for my second Horse Emblem team, so his main purpose in life is just: confront greens and buff allies.
I could make a second Horse Emblem, but I don't know how I should build it. My Horse Emblem team consists of Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Brave Lyn.

Now, as for Ayra, well. Of course that's up to you, but I have a -Spd Brave Lyn, and she does quite well despite a terrible bane. Her Swift Sparrow puts her at 39 Spd on the offensive, and, of course, she can be buffed. Sure, it's not her best potential.... but she still is quite capable of kicking some ***, deeply!
I guess I'll use her, but I know I could've gotten a better one. I wish IS would introduce a way to neutralize IVs. I know why they don't want to do that, but the satisfaction of getting the character you want can be murdered by poor IVs.
Ayra isn't the only one with bad IVs. I have a +Def/-Attack Tana, a +Res/-Speed PA Azura, and a +HP/-Def Nephenee.
I really want to use Nephenee because she's one of my favorite units in PoR, but... that's the worst possible IV spread.

And, no, I don't have any Amelias to send you in exchange for Ayra--or even any Amelias of my own. But you can have my Arden, once I get him from TT! Both of them! How's that!
How about...
500px-Full_Portrait_Arden.png

No.

Astellius

Smash Ace
As expected, I just got a pity-breaker Eldigan trying to pull for Ayra. Blah. Even worse, he's +Res/-Def. Ah well, so much for that! I think I'll pass on trying to pull for Ayra some more, I'd like to start stockpiling orbs for a banner that will have characters I really want, like Micaiah or Mia.

And I guess there's really not going to be a Halloween banner? Unless they're waiting for actual Halloween, which would be weird.

I also wrote a reply to @Xeno610, but I guess it didn't post.

I could make a second Horse Emblem, but I don't know how I should build it. My Horse Emblem team consists of Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Brave Lyn.
How about Eldigan, Cecilia, and Ursula, along with some other horse, possibly Clive? Cecilia and Ursula are great with blade tomes. The last horse could be pretty much anyone to cover whatever color needs more coverage.

I guess I'll use her, but I know I could've gotten a better one. I wish IS would introduce a way to neutralize IVs. I know why they don't want to do that, but the satisfaction of getting the character you want can be murdered by poor IVs.
Ayra isn't the only one with bad IVs. I have a +Def/-Attack Tana, a +Res/-Speed PA Azura, and a +HP/-Def Nephenee.
I really want to use Nephenee because she's one of my favorite units in PoR, but... that's the worst possible IV spread.
Yeah, I've gotten a ton of people with bad natures as well, such as the Eldigan I just got and a +Res/-Spd PA Azura like yours. Plenty of -Spd on people who want speed, -Atk as well, except on Healers, where I'll get a useless +Atk. But some units are still great even with the bad natures. Like I have a -Spd Brave Lyn, and she's still really good, as Swift Sparrow puts her attack to 39 on the offensive, and it's 45 with a Hone Cav buff.

How about...
So.... beautifulllll! Why don't you want more of that?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My guess with the Halloween banner is that they don't want it to overlap with the dancer banner, since they're both seasonal. If we get one, it'll probably be on the same day the dancer banner will go down.

On the topic of "emblem" teams, I think its nore important to create cores of two or three characters and leave the other team slots open. This gives you a lot of flexibility for GHB and especially the arena, since it has constantly rotating bonus units. It's especially fun to mix and match two-man cores with eachother. Amelia/BK, Xander/Olwen, and Ninian/Fae are cores I constantly pair together. You don't always have to run full emblem teams to get mileage out of their buffs.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
And I guess there's really not going to be a Halloween banner? Unless they're waiting for actual Halloween, which would be weird.
My guess with the Halloween banner is that they don't want it to overlap with the dancer banner, since they're both seasonal. If we get one, it'll probably be on the same day the dancer banner will go down.
I honestly don't think we're getting a Halloween Banner. In fact, i see a Thanksgiving Banner to be more likely.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I honestly don't think we're getting a Halloween Banner. In fact, i see a Thanksgiving Banner to be more likely.
They don't celebrate Thanksgiving or Japan, or in most of the world for that matter.

They do celebrate Halloween though.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
They don't celebrate Thanksgiving or Japan, or in most of the world for that matter.

They do celebrate Halloween though.
They do celebrate "harvest moon" tho. Huehuehuehue

Jokes aside, they do celebrate something akin to thanksgiving.

And on a side note... I almost forgott TT was coming out today. And three orbs per day? Wow.
Warriors kept me off the pc better and longer, than my finals did... I am slowly running out of content there even. Got Anna/Lyn/Celica, and will soon have all maps finished.

On the topic of "emblem" teams, I think its nore important to create cores of two or three characters and leave the other team slots open. This gives you a lot of flexibility for GHB and especially the arena, since it has constantly rotating bonus units. It's especially fun to mix and match two-man cores with eachother. Amelia/BK, Xander/Olwen, and Ninian/Fae are cores I constantly pair together. You don't always have to run full emblem teams to get mileage out of their buffs.
And to this, I fully agree. Especially with the Guidance seal now on the horizon, we can use armored units with fliers to great effect, dancers and so many other teams become insanely flexible player-phase.

D

Deleted member

I finished the very generic and predictable story to Warriors yesterday. :p
The game was a blast to play and you will have fun while you're playing it. If you aren't good at multi-tasking, the game will be difficult.
The most bothersome thing to me was the roster. I feel like Fates has way too many characters; triple what Shadow Dragon has and 3 more than Awakening. Not only that, but playing PoR makes me feel even more disappointed that Ike isn't playable and his omission here is glaring, even more so when Lyn and Celica have been added.
If you want my opinion of the roster, I would've made it be...
Shadow Dragon
Base: Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Jeorge, Minerva
DLC: Linde, Merric, Navarre
Boss: Gharnef

Blazing Sword
Base: Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Ninian, Nino
DLC: Jaffar, Rath, Florina
Boss: Nergal

Path of Radiance
Base: Ike, Mist, Titania, Soren, Elincia
DLC: Ranulf, Nephenee, Mia
Boss: Black Knight

Awakening
Base: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa, Frederick
DLC: Cordelia, Tharja, Owain
Boss: Validar

Fates
Base: Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo
DLC: Hinoka, Camilla, Sakura, Elise
Boss: Iago

I added Blazing Sword and Path of Radiance because the former is the first game released internationally while the later is one of the most popular games in the franchise.
The roster size pre-DLC is 26 characters, which is about the same amount that we got.

Also, I managed to get another Ayra, this time is +Res/-HP. Not perfect, but I am going to use her over the -Speed one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just spent 40 Orbs on the Preforming Arts Banner trying to get Azura. Spoiler alert: I didn't get Azura. But i got Priscilla, Mathilda, and Boey, so i at least got SOMETHING new. They're all 4-Stars btw but i might promote Mathilda because Ridersbane.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Yep. Halloween Banner is a thing after all. Spooky. Also, it comes right after the Preforming Arts Banner. Intelligent Systems, why? But hey, as long as it doesn't have any of my top-tier FE waifus, i think i'll be fine.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Glad I didn't waste too many orbs hunting for Ayra then! I'm looking forward to finding out who's going to be in the banner. Although they REALLY should've been having this banner run during October, and they definitely could've done better with the PR.

Anyone want to speculate on who the characters might be? The one on the left is obviously a witch, and the one on the right is a vampire. The left one is really short, so it's most likely a child or one of the younger manaketes. I'm hoping the witch is Maria, or maybe young Tiki. It could also be Kana. I figure the vampire is probably Leo, but it would be cool if it was Marth, or maybe Ephraim.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
On the left, it's likely Chickadee aka fae. She's the shortest, and most of the lolis are depicted as long legged beauties in heroes.
But who knows!

And on the right could be leo or henry, as their collars align. There are feathers in the mix, so Henry is more likely, especially considering he wields such a ridicioulous shield like a coffin.

So Fae&Henry are my guesses.

D

Deleted member

These new units are coming for your Orbs and wallets and they are definitely game changers in my opinion.
Sakura comes with a dagger that does more damage to magic units and Guard; she was essentially made to check Quickened Pulse Moonbow Reinhardt (or, well, just Rein in general).
Jakob and Henry will be our first armored bow and mage respectively. While I find Jakob to be the least impressive of the bunch, he'll be able to take out fliers. Henry, on the other hand, will cover a massive weakness for armored units and even comes with Armored March. This banner was made to buff Armor Emblem.
Nowi will be an amazing addition to any Flier Emblem team with her Hone Fliers and Grimoire. I know some will replace her tome with a blade tome, but Grimoire isn't bad at all. I have to say though... I don't like how these recent banners have been giving one unit a Choose Your Legends treatment.

We'll need to see their stats to see how they will stack up, but this looks like an impressive banner.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Ok, I have zero interest in the new banner.... and I ain't complaining, I'm still grasping the straws for Azura.... and I want Ayra too, so I for one am glad for not caring for a seasonal banner for once.
But the costumes are nice, I must say, it's just the characters who don't drive my interest....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting my thoughts from another thread:

I'm pretty glad they finally gave the Hoshidan royal family some attention for once, even if it was just Sakura. She has my favorite design out of everyone in the banner, and me liking her as a character and cats also gives her some bonus points. Interesting how she functions as a mage-killer.

Since Sakura was the only Hoshidan royal in this banner, something tells me that when the other Hoshidan royals will have their special banner, she may not appear in it to make way for male Corrin, a similar treatment to what happened with Camilla and female Corrin in the Nohrian Summer banner.

Jakob was a bit unexpected, but he seems alright.

Henry looks great, and Nowi being another flier mage is cool. Her design for this banner seems to be a slight improvement from her Awakening outfit, but not by much. The other witch aspects to her look cool though.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Nowi's actually the one i'm excited for the most. Not because she's a Flier Mage, but because her outfit reminds me of Little Witch Academia. And anything that reminds me of Little Witch Academia can only be a good thing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm getting a little tired of seasonal units, honestly. All flying mages are seasonal, dazzling staff is seasonal, dancer mages are seasonal, and now we have seasonal ranged armors. Now its even more dissapointing that they made Arvis a generic mage.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Sakura looks really cute, she's the one I want the most from the banner. Witch Nowi is kinda cool too, I like how she's riding the broom instead of a mount. I'll probably try to pull for those two.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm getting a little tired of seasonal units, honestly. All flying mages are seasonal, dazzling staff is seasonal, dancer mages are seasonal, and now we have seasonal ranged armors. Now its even more dissapointing that they made Arvis a generic mage.
I mean, we just gotta wait for Aversa for our regular flier mage but yeah, i agree, having these types of units be seasonal only hurts, especially since i'll probably never pull one of them if the previous seasonal banners are any indication.

I'm super upset that Arvis isn't an armored mage now.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Now its even more disappointing that they made Arvis a generic mage.
Think of it like this. Somewhere down the road, we'll get a banner focusing on the Gen 2 cast of Genealogy, and alongside them, some GHBs based on the antagonists of that group. That is when Armored Mage Arvis makes his proper debut, and he will powercreep his younger self with his new shiny weapon, Divine Valflame, and whatever skills IS decide to give him.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 133496

This is a thing that happened yesterday.
Wow, that's pretty lucky. It happened to me once with the Dancer banner where I got two Nohrzuras and a Sheena; I didn't take a picture because I was shocked.

As for the Arvis discussion, it makes sense that Arvis is an infantry mage since the banner was based on Gen 1 units. His appearance is based on the prologue, complete with the Recovery Ring.
I don't think that armored Arvis is guaranteed if there is a Gen 2 banner, however. He'll have to compete against Julius for another Grand Hero Battle or he'll compete with him and many other units to be a Tempest Trial reward. I think Divine Valaflame would be like regular Valaflame, but with either another Ploy skill built into it or built-in Close Counter.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I've been playing Warriors and for some reason I get this dopey grin during the story scenes. It's not the absolute worst thing I've ever seen, but somehow, I'm still getting this immense ironic enjoyment for it. I guess since I wasn't taking it seriously from the get go, the parts I'd normally find cheesy or cringey I'm just finding humorous.

I genuinely like the game though, and not just out of ironic joy. It really does feel like an FE/Warriors hybrid, rather then just a Warriors game with a FE skin. Bonus damage is ridiculously powerful, and the weapon triangle is pretty noticeable too. And AI units are actually pretty nifty, unlike HW - tell them to kill an enemy and they'll actually be able to do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom