• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Genealogy is in my opinion, the most overrated game in the series. While the generation 1 story is really good, second gen throws all of that out of the water, very dissapointing in my opinion. But hey, at least the gameplay isn't as atrocious as Thracia 776!

Binding Blade is actually my second favourite game in the series, so a remake would make me really hyped. Wasn't the biggest fan of echoes, but that's mostly because of it's gameplay mechanics that are just.... strange.
But isn't that exactly the reason why Fe4 needs the remake more than Fe6/7? It is unavaiable, and really really outdated. Just think of applying Fates level of depth into the combat into a game like Gena, while giving it the personality treatment of echoes.

The story per-se is already pretty great, and could be fixed further to make more sense, ala echoes.

Fe6&7 are still very playable and similar to the newer entries. I'd still be happy if they'd remake them, but fe4 just needs it more imo.

Michelaar

Smash Cadet
But isn't that exactly the reason why Fe4 needs the remake more than Fe6/7? It is unavaiable, and really really outdated. Just think of applying Fates level of depth into the combat into a game like Gena, while giving it the personality treatment of echoes.

The story per-se is already pretty great, and could be fixed further to make more sense, ala echoes.

Fe6&7 are still very playable and similar to the newer entries. I'd still be happy if they'd remake them, but fe4 just needs it more imo.
I wasn't saying I didn't want to see them remake it. I want them to remake Fe4/Fe5 first. I'm just kinda worried they keep the horrible gameplay mechanics like they did in Echoes. I don't want that to happen, ever.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
A friend request has been sent to Astellius Astellius . I'm the Brave Ike. I also changed my nickname to my actual user tag, which is surprising since I couldn't fit all of the letters last time I tried to do that. Adult Tiki FTW.

Edit: Also a FE6 remake would be great. I enjoyed it the most out of Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones for being the most difficult, even if most would argue the difficulty is fake for having a major issue with balance.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I wasn't saying I didn't want to see them remake it. I want them to remake Fe4/Fe5 first. I'm just kinda worried they keep the horrible gameplay mechanics like they did in Echoes. I don't want that to happen, ever.
I believe even, that in og echoes it was worse. I mean, we -did- even got the clock mechanic, which without it this game would have been a real drag.

And alright! I simply missunderstood you the first time, my appologies.

Michelaar

Smash Cadet
I believe even, that in og echoes it was worse. I mean, we -did- even got the clock mechanic, which without it this game would have been a real drag.

And alright! I simply missunderstood you the first time, my appologies.
Well yes, but they didn't fix most issues me and a lot of others had with it. I hope to see this improve in the other remakes.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Genealogy is in my opinion, the most overrated game in the series.
Agreed. The good story isn't enough to save it (and even then, the story isn't as perfect as people claim).

But hey, at least the gameplay isn't as atrocious as Thracia 776!
I'd argue that Thracia has marginally better gameplay. Jugdral still sucks massively in the gamplay department though.

Also a FE6 remake would be great. I enjoyed it the most out of Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones for being the most difficult, even if most would argue the difficulty is fake for having a major issue with balance.
This is actually the first time i've heard Binding Blade's difficulty being called fake. Thracia's difficulty is actually fake because of all of it's "gotcha" moments like the Manster Arc. A player going in blind will never have known that they would've lost all of their items in the Manster Arc, only for them to maybe earn them back by opening chests.....which are randomly generated btw.

And then there's Xavier's incredibly frustrating recruitment method. It's the most cryptic thing Fire Emblem has ever done.

Michelaar

Smash Cadet
Agreed. The good story isn't enough to save it (and even then, the story isn't as perfect as people claim).

I'd argue that Thracia has marginally better gameplay. Jugdral still sucks massively in the gamplay department though.
Really? I think Thracia's gameplay is much worse. Ballisticians are the strongest enemies ever, they hit hard, and are very accurate, making it impossible for your thieves (Who are pretty much neccesairy) or anyone else for that matter, to do anything. Also, the fatigue system is hilariously stupid.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Really? I think Thracia's gameplay is much worse. Ballisticians are the strongest enemies ever, they hit hard, and are very accurate, making it impossible for your thieves (Who are pretty much neccesairy) or anyone else for that matter, to do anything. Also, the fatigue system is hilariously stupid.
At least Thracia doesn't force you to backtrack across giant maps that just waste your time. And it also doesn't have the Pawn Shop. God, i hate the Pawn Shop. It's the most unnecessary thing.

Fatigue is horrendous though, i agree. It was much better done in Echoes because Fatigue in Echoes only mattered in the Thabes Labyrinth.

Michelaar

Smash Cadet
At least Thracia doesn't force you to backtrack across giant maps that just waste your time. And it also doesn't have the Pawn Shop. God, i hate the Pawn Shop. It's the most unnecessary thing.

Fatigue is horrendous though, i agree. It was much better done in Echoes because Fatigue in Echoes only mattered in the Thabes Labyrinth.
True, true.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I guess I got the forging part right, if not that it would be applied to the seals. As it stands, I'm very happy with how they implemented it, especially with the new deflect seals, because Brave Lyn's been a serious issue for me. I'll admit, I do use Reinhardt and have a Bow Lyn (don't use her that much yet, but I definitely do use her sometimes), but they really are difficult to face against, and now we have a better check to them, which was really really needed.

I personally had just enough coins to purchase all the deflect seals, I'll be working on collecting the others first, and then upgrading them after I collect them all.

Poor Male Corrin is getting trounced in the voting gauntlet. Seems like every time I check, we have the score bonus up lol. At least I'm getting lots of points from this lol.

---

As for games, I really want to see Binding Blade remade first. I've played about half way through the original so far, and I am enjoying it so far, but sometimes the game is frustrating. I do hope they rebalance it, however. Specifically, I want Roy to promote earlier, at a more reasonable point in the story. Roy is one of the most popular characters in the franchise, so I would bet there'd be a lot of demand for his game, and I would hope they'd do right by him in the remake lol.

Also curious if they'd keep Ray Chase (his FE Heroes VA) as his VA for the full game too.

Michelaar

Smash Cadet
Also, I realize this is extremely unlikely to happen, but I want to see an Archanea Remake, Book 1 and 2, give them the echoes treatment. New Mystery of the emblem is my favourite game in the series. And I feel like the Archanea games are just... underrated. Especially Shadow Dragon. I feel like they should have a proper chance.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Also, I realize this is extremely unlikely to happen, but I want to see an Archanea Remake, Book 1 and 2, give them the echoes treatment. New Mystery of the emblem is my favourite game in the series. And I feel like the Archanea games are just... underrated. Especially Shadow Dragon. I feel like they should have a proper chance.
I wholeheartedly agree, but sadly, they came out as ds games... so remakes likely have to wait a bit.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Just so. ~ I accepted your friend request lol.

I also have given some of my favorite units silly skills just to clean out my barracks lmao (rally speed and pass 2 from a random Gaius, for example :p ). I've also been making 4*+10 versions of all the healers just so I can use them in tempest trials for hero merit grinding. Also been building them with defiant skills because tbh I can't think of a better way to use a random 4* Beruka or 4* Est atm. Those two are pretty far down on my list of units I would want to build. I've got a mostly complete 4*+8 Sophia, and a 4*+6 Virion I built out to clean out space. Sophia does an excellent job checking Brave Lyns, so long as they don't have cancel affinity, as I gave her a budget raven tome build (no 5* upgrades, but not + raurraven and tri adept 2). My next project unit is going to be Hana, who I'm pretty sure I have enough of to create a 4*+10 already lol. I'm just hoping I have an optimal nature one, +spd -res, I believe. I almost have enough Ninos to do the same, but I'm torn, because Nino is such a good unit. I'm tempted to go with a 5* Nino with the best nature, and use the rest for skill inheritance (draw back for everyone!)

Going the 4*+10 route with Cecilia was probably smarter tbh. I have been lucky so far in getting Reinhardts to merge (he's a little higher priority than Cecilia is), but having to put my feathers into merges does limit my other options for feather expenditures. I've got a whole pile of Cecilias just waiting for merging, but it's going to be months before I work through them all.
Defiant skills are pretty good on Healers, especially Defiant Res, since Healers have high Res, and magic is probably the only thing they should be tanking. I usually go with a +HP skill though, since I'm eventually going to 5*+10 my Est, so I've been saving copies I get of her. I haven't given her any merges yet, but she has all the top level resource expensive skills:

Est.png

She has LnD3, Brave Lance+, Hit & Run (fairly uncommon skill), and the coveted Hone Fliers. Depending on the situation, she also can run Desperation, since she can quad fairly easily in Flyer Emblem.

Nino is another good one to go 4*+10, since she's common, but I find that Draw Back is too tempting a skill to inherit. I actually need to make my Nino a 5*, I've just never gotten around to it, because she's incredibly effective as just a 4*.

In that case, here's some of mine (though don't expect anything too mind blowing). Any advice for improvement is appreciated.

Her Defense is probably the biggest thing that'll catch someone off guard here. My Sophia has unnaturally high Defense for a mage, even without Fury, which makes me think she is +Def. I gave her Poison Strike 3 to help with her damage output. She has good Attack, but terrible Speed. But at least she'll be landing an extra 10 damage during the player phase. Sophia was the first unit i ever pulled in this game. I'll also be going with Sophia for the first round of the Voting Gauntlet.

I originally gave her Vantage 3 for the laughs but it actually works really well. I also gave her Triangle Adapt to take out Reds even better. Draconic Aura with it's 3-countdown works well, because having an increased countdown of 4 thanks to Lightning Breath+ isn't too bad. Her C-Slot is empty because i don't know what to do with it.

Hauteclere is basically a Legendary-tier weapon with a Killer effect. Michalis has Moonbow. This means Moonbow has a countdown of 1. So it activates with every other attack. This is actually pretty great. Iote's Shield is also a good skill to have and Threaten Def (which i haven't maxed out yet) will further help punish those who get hit by Moonbow. His B-Slot is empty because i don't know what to give him. His Support partner is Berkut, because i feel that their personalities are similar enough.

I'll post more unique builds later.
Those builds look pretty good. For some constructive suggestions:

Sophia could use a positioning skill like Draw Back or Reposition, those would be good Assist skills for her. For her special, Bonfire would work a lot better than Dragon Fang. She's slow, so Dragon Fang won't proc all that often since it's cooldown is 4. Bonfire is better, since it both capitalizes off her impressive Def stat and has a lower cooldown. If you have a spare adult Tiki or M Robin, they could pass that onto her.

Also, Bowbreaker is a great B-passive for her, it allows her to be a really effective counter to Brave Lyn (and other archers). A raven tome is also quite good on her.

The Nowi build looks good, the only thing to add is a C-passive. She comes with Threaten Res, which is a really good skill for her, since breath attacks are magic, so I would say just teach her that. Doesn't use any resources, it's cheaper on SP since it's native, and it's good on her.

Michalis of course is good. I would recommend having him inherit Quick Riposte 2 and Swap from a 4* Subaki. He's slow and tanky, so QR is great for him, and Swap is a good positioning skill for frontline units. Plus, it only uses the one unit, so it's easy on resources.

Also, for Michalis, if you put the Quickened Pulse seal on him, he'll start the battle with Moonbow charged. That's a fun trick that I sometimes use with my Catria.

Hope that's helpful!

A friend request has been sent to Astellius Astellius . I'm the Brave Ike. I also changed my nickname to my actual user tag, which is surprising since I couldn't fit all of the letters last time I tried to do that. Adult Tiki FTW.

Edit: Also a FE6 remake would be great. I enjoyed it the most out of Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones for being the most difficult, even if most would argue the difficulty is fake for having a major issue with balance.
Added! Thanks! Team Tiki FTW!

This is actually the first time i've heard Binding Blade's difficulty being called fake.
Well, there's the enemy phase reinforcements, that's definitely something that counts as fake difficulty, especially when they spawn unexpectedly in a random place. For example, Rutger and his crew randomly spawn in the middle of a field, and, if you were proceeding through the battle with even modest efficiency, your units would be around that area in the map. So if you're proceeding through the game blindly, you'll be beset with several frustrating instances of things like that.

There's also some balancing issues, along with the really low hit rate, which can reduce some scenarios to luck.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Defiant skills are pretty good on Healers, especially Defiant Res, since Healers have high Res, and magic is probably the only thing they should be tanking. I usually go with a +HP skill though, since I'm eventually going to 5*+10 my Est, so I've been saving copies I get of her. I haven't given her any merges yet, but she has all the top level resource expensive skills:

View attachment 133101

She has LnD3, Brave Lance+, Hit & Run (fairly uncommon skill), and the coveted Hone Fliers. Depending on the situation, she also can run Desperation, since she can quad fairly easily in Flyer Emblem.
Wouldn't hone-fliers be better on a unit, that doesn't need it themselves? And I personally prefere DC on my est, with her stupid high res, and a slaying spear, delivering justice! Or do you have two hone-fliers? Because I'd be mighty jealous! Still waiting on my first hinoka...!

But not saying it's a bad build, just asking whats the thought process behind it.

Nah

Smash Champion
It doesn't bother anyone else that said units that Deflect SSs help in checking (among other scary units) are also capable of using these as well? Or that BH Ike gets to use one of these on top of Urvan?

.....but in other FE Heroes news, I finally rolled PA Azura! What should I do with her for a build though?

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440

View attachment 133101

Nino is another good one to go 4*+10, since she's common, but I find that Draw Back is too tempting a skill to inherit. I actually need to make my Nino a 5*, I've just never gotten around to it, because she's incredibly effective as just a 4*.

Those builds look pretty good. For some constructive suggestions:

Sophia could use a positioning skill like Draw Back or Reposition, those would be good Assist skills for her. For her special, Bonfire would work a lot better than Dragon Fang. She's slow, so Dragon Fang won't proc all that often since it's cooldown is 4. Bonfire is better, since it both capitalizes off her impressive Def stat and has a lower cooldown. If you have a spare adult Tiki or M Robin, they could pass that onto her.

Also, Bowbreaker is a great B-passive for her, it allows her to be a really effective counter to Brave Lyn (and other archers). A raven tome is also quite good on her.

The Nowi build looks good, the only thing to add is a C-passive. She comes with Threaten Res, which is a really good skill for her, since breath attacks are magic, so I would say just teach her that. Doesn't use any resources, it's cheaper on SP since it's native, and it's good on her.

Michalis of course is good. I would recommend having him inherit Quick Riposte 2 and Swap from a 4* Subaki. He's slow and tanky, so QR is great for him, and Swap is a good positioning skill for frontline units. Plus, it only uses the one unit, so it's easy on resources.

Also, for Michalis, if you put the Quickened Pulse seal on him, he'll start the battle with Moonbow charged. That's a fun trick that I sometimes use with my Catria.

Hope that's helpful!

Added! Thanks! Team Tiki FTW!

Well, there's the enemy phase reinforcements, that's definitely something that counts as fake difficulty, especially when they spawn unexpectedly in a random place. For example, Rutger and his crew randomly spawn in the middle of a field, and, if you were proceeding through the battle with even modest efficiency, your units would be around that area in the map. So if you're proceeding through the game blindly, you'll be beset with several frustrating instances of things like that.

There's also some balancing issues, along with the really low hit rate, which can reduce some scenarios to luck.
Oooooh that's a fancy Est! I have built a Cherche similarly to that, one of the first units I ever built out lol. I gave mine drag back because hit and run was even more rare at the time (might've been just after when Clair was added to the 4* pool, I think?), and I didn't have any Kleins for death blow 3, and the difference between death blow 2 and attack+3 (her default) was only 1 point, so I kept attack+3 lol. She originally had fortify fliers, from my one and only Caeda at the time (I've summoned more since), but I have since switched to goad because running a team with 4x goad fliers is hilariously strong (+12 atk / spd with a good formation is hilarious), and is immune to panic ploy. The original Cherche was a lucky summon from the fliers voting gauntlet, so her IVs are sub-optimal, but she still cleans house as she is.

Not sure if you have the fodder for it, but have you thought about trying def ploy on her? I remember there being a meme in other communities because she was given a very high spot on the tier list because of how many units should could destroy with it. Sadly, def ploy is only available from Summer Gaius, who has long since been off the regular rotation, so I can understand if you don't have him.

And yeah, I've liked how the defiant skills have worked on my healers. It isn't the best choice, that'd likely be HP+5, or the relevant stat up +3 (usually spd+3 or atk+3), but it's funny when my defiant def Azama gets pinged to low percents by the AI, and then stops taking damage from them lmao, and can just tank everything they throw at him thanks to defiant def. I mostly use healers in stamina modes, or in arena assault to keep my mainline units healthy, especially if a map has a lot of strong units in a single color, so I can use the same unit with weapon triangle advantage to take them out without worrying about the unit getting chipped down and KO'd.

Wouldn't hone-fliers be better on a unit, that doesn't need it themselves? And I personally prefere DC on my est, with her stupid high res, and a slaying spear, delivering justice! Or do you have two hone-fliers? Because I'd be mighty jealous! Still waiting on my first hinoka...!

But not saying it's a bad build, just asking whats the thought process behind it.
Not the original builder, but I can see a thought process for this, at least from my own personal perspective (if only I had a Hinoka myself.... :( ). I would say that Est benefits from hone fliers, but doesn't straight up require it. If Est is anything like Cherche, that brave lance should decimate most of the units as-is lol. The units that straight up require hone fliers are the tome fliers, so either spring Camilla or summer Corrin. Est would make a great team support for one of those two. That Est is built to player phase like a pro lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It doesn't bother anyone else that said units that Deflect SSs help in checking (among other scary units) are also capable of using these as well? Or that BH Ike gets to use one of these on top of Urvan?
First of all, they don't stack with Urvan. Even if they did, he takes so little damage from the second attack that it doesn't matter anyway.

Also, I don't think most hyper offense characters like B!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Elincia will run these seals anyway, since tanking hits isn't their job. Heck, Reinhardt is the only one slow enough of the three I listed to really take advantage of it anyway, and I'd still much rather fight a Rein with deflect magic than one with quickened pulse + moonbow.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

.....but in other FE Heroes news, I finally rolled PA Azura! What should I do with her for a build though?
I looked it up, Ranged units cannot get melee Deflect ones, so Reinhardt&Lyn stay in their helpless state. Since they kinda have to counter-attack, aka breaking the effect.

Not the original builder, but I can see a thought process for this, at least from my own personal perspective (if only I had a Hinoka myself.... :( ). I would say that Est benefits from hone fliers, but doesn't straight up require it. If Est is anything like Cherche, that brave lance should decimate most of the units as-is lol. The units that straight up require hone fliers are the tome fliers, so either spring Camilla or summer Corrin. Est would make a great team support for one of those two. That Est is built to player phase like a pro lol.
Well, thats fair! The est is definitely a big extremely strong built unit, without a doubt! :D
And meant it more like, brave-weapons usually doubledip at hone-buffs, thats why I asked.

Just was trying to see what made him go with this build, is all.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace

I did indeed pull two Hinokas, so I can run Est alongside Hinoka if she needs the Hone Flyer boost. But, most of the time, she's sufficiently powerful that she doesn't need it. I also don't have spare Hectors or Slaying Lance fodder, and I doubt I would use them on her, since the LnD+Brave Lance build is so good! I feel like other characters would benefit more from DC, but she would make for a strong anti-mage enemy phase unit with it.

Additionally, I thought that the person to inherit from Hinoka should both benefit from getting the Brave Lance+ and Hone Flyers, so that I got the most mileage out of the inheritance. She definitely wields it best out of the possible inheritors. It's definitely worked out well so far!

Oooooh that's a fancy Est! I have built a Cherche similarly to that, one of the first units I ever built out lol. I gave mine drag back because hit and run was even more rare at the time (might've been just after when Clair was added to the 4* pool, I think?), and I didn't have any Kleins for death blow 3, and the difference between death blow 2 and attack+3 (her default) was only 1 point, so I kept attack+3 lol. She originally had fortify fliers, from my one and only Caeda at the time (I've summoned more since), but I have since switched to goad because running a team with 4x goad fliers is hilariously strong (+12 atk / spd with a good formation is hilarious), and is immune to panic ploy. The original Cherche was a lucky summon from the fliers voting gauntlet, so her IVs are sub-optimal, but she still cleans house as she is.

Not sure if you have the fodder for it, but have you thought about trying def ploy on her? I remember there being a meme in other communities because she was given a very high spot on the tier list because of how many units should could destroy with it. Sadly, def ploy is only available from Summer Gaius, who has long since been off the regular rotation, so I can understand if you don't have him.

And yeah, I've liked how the defiant skills have worked on my healers. It isn't the best choice, that'd likely be HP+5, or the relevant stat up +3 (usually spd+3 or atk+3), but it's funny when my defiant def Azama gets pinged to low percents by the AI, and then stops taking damage from them lmao, and can just tank everything they throw at him thanks to defiant def. I mostly use healers in stamina modes, or in arena assault to keep my mainline units healthy, especially if a map has a lot of strong units in a single color, so I can use the same unit with weapon triangle advantage to take them out without worrying about the unit getting chipped down and KO'd.

Thanks! And you are correct, she's a great player phase nuke, and she doesn't really need the Hone Fliers buff all that often. Usually she doesn't need buffs, but she often runs with Palla and Catria, both of whom run Goad Fliers, so that's more than enough to have her quad pretty much anyone--provided they live long enough for her to do it!

I do not have anyone with Def Ploy, so that would have to wait lol.

My Cherche is built very similarly to yours, except I have Death Blow from the 5* Hawkeye I pulled early on. I also pulled her from the flyer gauntlet (I was aiming for Minerva). She was also one of the first I fully built out too. Mine is +HP, so I put the HP seal on her, which gives her a huge HP pool. She's been a critical member of my team for a long while:

Cherche.png

Mine still runs Fortify Fliers, since she often runs alongside Summer Corrin. Indeed, that's who she's supporting. I haven't gotten around to grinding up their support yet, but should do so eventually.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I did indeed pull two Hinokas, so I can run Est alongside Hinoka if she needs the Hone Flyer boost. But, most of the time, she's sufficiently powerful that she doesn't need it. I also don't have spare Hectors or Slaying Lance fodder, and I doubt I would use them on her, since the LnD+Brave Lance build is so good! I feel like other characters would benefit more from DC, but she would make for a strong anti-mage enemy phase unit with it.

Additionally, I thought that the person to inherit from Hinoka should both benefit from getting the Brave Lance+ and Hone Flyers, so that I got the most mileage out of the inheritance. She definitely wields it best out of the possible inheritors. It's definitely worked out well so far!
Damn thats lucky, and a darn strong team I can imagine then!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I went to the Sacred Seal Forge and i am not a happy boy. I wanted to forge Distant Def 1 but i can't. By that, i mean it's not there, like, at all. It's not a matter of me not having the resources, it's a matter of the option straight-up not being there. That upsets me. Now i can't complete my broken Black Knight build.

Also, Bowbreaker is a great B-passive for her, it allows her to be a really effective counter to Brave Lyn (and other archers)
Which units have Bowbreaker? I doubt i have any but just so i can keep an eye out.

Why didn't i think of that? That's actually pretty good.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
First of all, they don't stack with Urvan. Even if they did, he takes so little damage from the second attack that it doesn't matter anyway.

Also, I don't think most hyper offense characters like B!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Elincia will run these seals anyway, since tanking hits isn't their job. Heck, Reinhardt is the only one slow enough of the three I listed to really take advantage of it anyway, and I'd still much rather fight a Rein with deflect magic than one with quickened pulse + moonbow.
I agree with you. Rein is a great player phase unit, and a terrible enemy phase unit lol, trying to split his focus doesn't seem productive to me. Since my brave Roy now carries my quickened pulse, I've given my Rein hardy bearing, since he's usually at full health, and it allows me to safely finish off units that are carrying vantage. I can't see the deflect skills improving on that tbh.

The skills are very good on melee units that have the stats to tank hits. Like, I've given deflect missiles to my high def Clive, so he's able to deal with brave Lyn better. Similarly, I've given deflect magic to my axe Azura, and she's really been enjoying that with her solid res stat, and tri adept vs blues. It opens the playing field on what units can tank hits from these guys, especially against brave weapon sets (i.e. Brave Lyn with Brave Bow--that set is soooo scary). Deflect melee seems the least useful out of all of them, since it counters brave lance, axe, and sword, which are not as common as the other brave weapons (brave bow, dire tome, fast magic users that hit a melee unit twice))

Thanks! And you are correct, she's a great player phase nuke, and she doesn't really need the Hone Fliers buff all that often. Usually she doesn't need buffs, but she often runs with Palla and Catria, both of whom run Goad Fliers, so that's more than enough to have her quad pretty much anyone--provided they live long enough for her to do it!

I do not have anyone with Def Ploy, so that would have to wait lol.

My Cherche is built very similarly to yours, except I have Death Blow from the 5* Hawkeye I pulled early on. I also pulled her from the flyer gauntlet (I was aiming for Minerva). She was also one of the first I fully built out too. Mine is +HP, so I put the HP seal on her, which gives her a huge HP pool. She's been a critical member of my team for a long while:

Mine still runs Fortify Fliers, since she often runs alongside Summer Corrin. Indeed, that's who she's supporting. I haven't gotten around to grinding up their support yet, but should do so eventually.
I got Spring Camilla, but not Summer Corrin, so I use Camilla as my magic flier, and she does okay. Since I never had a Hinoka, and since my poor Camilla is -spd (rip rip rip rip rip :( ), I built my Camilla with a budget gronnraven and triangle adept, to help my fliers better handle archer units lol. My Camilla supports with my Subaki, I tend to use her paired with Subaki and Palla for a triangle adept core (sapphire lance and ruby sword lol). Thinking about it, Camilla could probably do some real work with deflect missiles... hmmmmmm.....

I went to the Sacred Seal Forge and i am not a happy boy. I wanted to forge Distant Def 1 but i can't. By that, i mean it's not there, like, at all. It's not a matter of me not having the resources, it's a matter of the option straight-up not being there. That upsets me. Now i can't complete my broken Black Knight build.

Which units have Bowbreaker? I doubt i have any but just so i can keep an eye out.

Setsuna is the bow unit that has bow breaker 3 at 4* rarity.

Also, forging distant def is definitely an option. At the top, it'll say "creation", click the arrow and it'll switch to the "enhancement" menu. That's where you can upgrade your distant def.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Setsuna would have bowbreaker. 4* infact. I keep thinking somehow Nowi comes with Bowbreaker but she actually doesn't.

Edit: Oops got beaten too. :p

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
At the top, it'll say "creation", click the arrow and it'll switch to the "enhancement" menu. That's where you can upgrade your distant def.
I didn't see the arrows because they blended in with the background. And just my luck, i don't have enough coins to upgrade Distant Def yet. RIP. But at least we can grind them now.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Damn thats lucky, and a darn strong team I can imagine then!
Thanks! I feel very lucky for my pulls for flyers. I was fortunate enough to pull 2 Hinokas on a flyer banner (I pulled one Hinoka, but continued pulling on that banner because I wanted Cordelia, but got another Hinoka, which ended up working out better for me). I pulled my Cherche from one of the few banners she appeared in. I managed to pull Summer Corrin after focusing on her for almost the entire month, and with a pretty good nature (+Spd/-Atk). The -Atk is pretty trivial, since flyer buffs on her blade tome are obscene. Plus, she's sitting at 45 Atk and 41 Spd without buffs, which is still pretty good.

Plus, to give her the Blarblade+, I pulled a 5* Odin on a free summon from whatever banner that was. And I pulled Elincia on the free summon from her banner... So the game has been very kind to me with respect to Flyers!

Distant Def 1 was a reward for a Tempest Trial, I believe. I'm sure that it will come around again, like Quickened Pulse. It's understandable that they wouldn't include it in the regular creation forge, since it was a reward.

As for Bowbreaker, that can only be obtained from Setsuna, and the full chain is unlocked at 4*. And I'm glad that my suggestion was useful for Nowi! How about Michalis? I know you said that you've sent some Subakis home before. Even if you don't currently have any 4* Subakis, it only costs 2k feathers to get him up there; but, if you don't want to spend the feathers to do that, you can still give him QR1 and Swap from a 3* Subaki. QR is a nice skill, since QR1, 2, & 3 all function the same while the unit is at full HP.

And, as for resources for checking who has what skills, you can look on the Gamepress or Gamepedia sites. I'd also like to plug the KageroChart site that someone from SF has created and been working on. Here's the link to their page on passive skills: https://kagerochart.com/hero/passives

Their interface for navigating the site needs work, but they do have cool stuff on there. The battle simulator (https://kagerochart.com/damage-calc) is especially useful for the upper ends of the arena. I encourage everyone to check out the site, and, if you want to provide feedback, I can link to their thread on SF.

Deflect melee seems the least useful out of all of them, since it counters brave lance, axe, and sword, which are not as common as the other brave weapons (brave bow, dire tome, fast magic users that hit a melee unit twice))]
Or you can put it on a slow, tanky unit that has a breaker skill. For example, suppose you have a Lukas with Swordbreaker on. With the Deflect Melee seal, he is effective at eliminating swordies while still being able to tank lancers.

It also makes Brash Assault builds more viable. A slow person can be hit hard for the first blow, but little for the second, putting them in the Brash Assault range.

This is interesting at least!

I got Spring Camilla, but not Summer Corrin, so I use Camilla as my magic flier, and she does okay. Since I never had a Hinoka, and since my poor Camilla is -spd (rip rip rip rip rip :( ), I built my Camilla with a budget gronnraven and triangle adept, to help my fliers better handle archer units lol. My Camilla supports with my Subaki, I tend to use her paired with Subaki and Palla for a triangle adept core (sapphire lance and ruby sword lol). Thinking about it, Camilla could probably do some real work with deflect missiles... hmmmmmm.....
I sort of regret not pulling for Spring Camilla, but oh well! Here's my Summer Corrin:

Summer Corrin.png

I think it's fun to share characters. How's your Camilla look?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Distant Def 1 was a reward for a Tempest Trial, I believe. I'm sure that it will come around again, like Quickened Pulse. It's understandable that they wouldn't include it in the regular creation forge, since it was a reward.
I think you misunderstood a bit. I have Distant Def 1. I just didn't see the option to upgrade it, because i was looking at the creation menu, not the enhancement menu. I've already upgraded it to Distant Def 2 btw.

As for Bowbreaker, that can only be obtained from Setsuna, and the full chain is unlocked at 4*.
I'm actually gonna have to pass on using Bowbreaker. Reason being is because i just thought of the wonderful idea of giving Sophia Savage Blow in addition to her Poison Strike. I actually have the fodder to do so too, as i have a bunch of 4-Star Camillas that came out of nowhere when i was pulling for P!Azura (spoiler alert: I still don't have P!Azura). So Sophia will be dealing an extra 10 damage+an extra 7 damage to any enemies nearby. My Sophia is shaping up to be a good player-phase unit.

How about Michalis? I know you said that you've sent some Subakis home before. Even if you don't currently have any 4* Subakis, it only costs 2k feathers to get him up there; but, if you don't want to spend the feathers to do that, you can still give him QR1 and Swap from a 3* Subaki. QR is a nice skill, since QR1, 2, & 3 all function the same while the unit is at full HP.
Currently in the process of that actually. My Subakis finally have purpose.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just had a crazy idea - Leo with watersweep/windsweep. Now that Phantom Speed 3 is a thing, it can actually be made to work. Smack an enemy with Bryndhilde/Savage Blow, take no damage thanks to a sweep skill, and then be pulled to saftey by draw back or reposition.

My Leo is +Res/-Spe, and I only have access to watersweep, but its still a fun idea.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh, I think I misunderstood how these new skills work. Sorry

D

Deleted member

I just had a crazy idea - Leo with watersweep/windsweep. Now that Phantom Speed 3 is a thing, it can actually be made to work. Smack an enemy with Bryndhilde/Savage Blow, take no damage thanks to a sweep skill, and then be pulled to saftey by draw back or reposition.

My Leo is +Res/-Spe, and I only have access to watersweep, but its still a fun idea.
I honestly wouldn't recommend going for this setup as it's very situational and it requires some management to set up.
Since his speed is 19, he is only going to reach 29 speed against specific units. He'll shutdown units like +speed Lilina and female Robin, but other like a neutral Nino and even -Speed Celica won't be affected by him.
To make the most out of it, he will need a Hone Calvary buff, which will give him 25 speed and 35 speed with Phantom Speed 3. He'll be able to shutdown more units, but it will still be problematic for him if he has to deal with neutral Nino and Linde.
There's also the problem of the seal with Watersweep not working when he has to fight against Distant Counter units. In that case, he will get destroyed by the likes of Ryoma and Black Knight.

It does sound like a fun idea and I might try it with my +Speed Leo, but it sounds like a very situational and dedicated setup to pull off.
EDIT: You are also prevented from making follow-ups, which hurts in this kind of meta that involves getting one round KOs. It would make Leo an interesting debuffer with Savage Blow, but I think the investment isn't worth it.

EDIT 2: In the process of thinking how it could be used for Alm and Windsweep, I thought of a devastating set for him.
Weapon: Brave Sword+
Assist: Flexible
Special: Draconic Aura
A: Death Blow
B: Windsweep
C: Flexible
S: Phantom Speed 3

The biggest weakness with sweep skills is the lack of follow-up attacks, so I decided to give him Brave Sword+.
With Brave Sword+, Windsweep, and Phantom Speed 3, a neutral speed Alm will reach 35 speed. It gets even better with a +speed Alm with Hone Speed buffs; he will reach 42 speed, which is the same exact speed as the fastest character in the game: +speed Lon'qu.
+Speed and +Attack are both amazing boons for Alm in this skillset. +Speed will enable Alm to shutdown most of (if not all of with speed buffs) the units in the game, while +Attack gives him more wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
^Well yeah, I wasn't going to do it unless I got a better Leo for it, and its certainly not an arena offense build. That said, it could be really useful in some GHBs or in arena defense. If I had a neutral or +speed Leo, I'd definitely give it a try. It's also worth noting that he has access to horse buffs, if he ever needs them.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So how does Phantom Speed work and would it work with Darting Blow?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So how does Phantom Speed work and would it work with Darting Blow?
It's a skill that affects Windsweep, Watersweep, and nothing else. If you have one of those sweep skills, it'll stack with Darting Blow, but only when it comes to triggering those two skills.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It's a skill that affects Windsweep, Watersweep, and nothing else. If you have one of those sweep skills, it'll stack with Darting Blow, but only when it comes to triggering those two skills.
Aw, RIP. I was planning on using it on my Sophia so that her speed would further increase with Darting Blow.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Here's the FE4 banner. Copying my thoughts from Serenes
Talitiu's art looks pretty nice. As a unit, she seems to be worse Linde but meh. That won't really bother me if i pull her.

Deirdre's literally a better Julia.

Sigurd's skillset looks amazing. Basically a more broken Seliph for Horse Emblem. That skillset is too good now if only he was good in the character department.

Ayra was seen in the trailer and she'll likely be a Tempest Reward. Good. I like Ayra. But if she is a Tempest Reward, then that asks the question: why are all Tempest Rewards Red Swords except for Clive?
Gonna hold off on pulling from this banner until i get PreformingArts!Azura, as i still haven't gotten her.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Talitiu's art looks pretty nice. As a unit, she seems to be worse Linde but meh. That won't really bother me if i pull her.

Deirdre's literally a better Julia.

Sigurd's skillset looks amazing. Basically a more broken Seliph for Horse Emblem. That skillset is too good now if only he was good in the character department.

Ayra was seen in the trailer and she'll likely be a Tempest Reward. Good. I like Ayra. But if she is a Tempest Reward, then that asks the question: why are all Tempest Rewards Red Swords except for Clive?
Well...
Have to heavily disagree with you on Deirdre... negating buffs is fine and all, but +2 def&res is overwhelming, when you consider Julia's best skill being Distant Defense. And now with panic-ploy seal, inverting buffs is far better than negating them, so I'd still consider Julia stronger. Except Deidre has a far superior stat-spread.

And Sigurd's busted, atleast against PvE. In Arena he seems rather okay to deal with, by baiting him out, since all his skill-sets rely on being attacked.

And I guess its because they do not want to give us more red-swords via gacha?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I didn't think Grant George would be chosen to voice Sigurd, but I gotta say, Sigurd sounds pretty good in that voice. He looks pretty darn strong as a unit. Deirdre and Tailtiu looks pretty solid as well.

I'll give this banner a shot when it becomes available. I'm aiming for either Sigurd or Deirdre since both are shaping to be great units.

D

Deleted member

I am going to be aiming for Sigurd or Deirdre.
Sigurd is going to be a great enemy phase unit with Close Defense and Crusader's Ward and having Smoke Speed will help him double more after being danced, giving him somewhat of a presence in the player phase in that situation. I don't think he'll be a Rein counter unless his res is stupidly high, but I can see him tank against Brave Lyn. With all of the skills he has, someone really favored him on the Heroes team.
Deirdre is the unit I want more for simply being a green mage and the mother of Julia. I use Julia a lot; I maxed out her Hero Merit and I use her on my Arena team. If Deirdre has a similar stat-spread to Julia, then I might prefer using Deirdre more for having a better Naga tome. I would build her similarly to Julia by giving her Fury and Renewal.
I don't have much to say on Talitiu. She will need some investment to make her on the same level as Blade Julia, but I am glad we now have a means to get a Blarblade at 4-5 star rarity (and yes, I think she'll get demoted) instead of having to rely on Odin for one. Sure you'll still need to invest 20000 Feathers later, but you get a free Blarblade+ if you get her at 5 stars.

Looks like the leaks were true.
First the Whitewings and Narcian event, then correctly guessing the PoR units and Black Knight being a TT reward, and now this banner happening in October like he said...
The leak mentioned that Arvis will be our next new Grand Hero Battle. I really hope that's true and I really hope that he is a mage knight; we don't have that archetype in Heroes and he would immensely help Armor Emblem, as they don't have any sort of magic to deal with physical tanks with poor res. I wish that he has Armor March, but I doubt that will be the case.

But here's the ironic thing about Sigurd. He has a skill that has him take less magic damage when attacked and has Miracle... extremely ironic since Arvis made caused Sigurd's own barbecue in his game.

Nah

Smash Champion
I don't really get why they gave Sigurd and Deirdre better versions of Tyrfing and the Naga tome, you'd think that just being only the second wielders of these legendary weapons would be enough (especially in the case of the Naga tome), but oh well I guess.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The leak mentioned that Arvis will be our next new Grand Hero Battle. I really hope that's true and I really hope that he is a mage knight; we don't have that archetype in Heroes and he would immensely help Armor Emblem, as they don't have any sort of magic to deal with physical tanks with poor res. I wish that he has Armor March, but I doubt that will be the case.

But here's the ironic thing about Sigurd. He has a skill that has him take less magic damage when attacked and has Miracle... extremely ironic since Arvis made caused Sigurd's own barbecue in his game.
Inb4 they make Arvis a regular mage just to troll us. But yeah, i'm really looking forward to Arvis. I feel like he be a good partner to the Black Knight. Arvis will be a red unit though, because Valflame is a fire tome. I wnder what Valflame's effects will be. Maybe it'll be the first weapon with a built-in Close Counter?

I just realized that Sigurd will basically always take reduced damage from magic. Divine Tyrfing boosts his Res and lowers the amount of damage from the first magic attack by 50% while Crusader's Ward will reduce damage taken from ranged opponents by 80%.....which includes magic users. I think Sigurd might really by the Rein counter, aside from WT Disadvantage.

I'm actually really upset that one of my least favorite characters in the series is turning out to be that good. My only guess is that maybe his stats won't be too impressive to balance him out or maybe they'll make Arvis' Valflame one-shot him, regardless of stats. Otherwise, he'd be really broken. Even with the Ridersbane and Zanbanto existing, he still has Close Defense.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hey, theories about Arvis Valflame.
They likely either give it a rather unique effect, like "disable all skills while attacking", or close counter, as all of Sigurds skills only work, when he is attacked, not the other way around.

Top Bottom