• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

alguidrag

Smash Ace
But which game is the worst?
I was saying about the emulators :/
Like Dolphin worked to me, but the game was sooo slow (like in the Game Cub he was a swordmaster, in dolphin he was a general)

But he was the best thing i could find

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Guys. its been 26 years

On that faithful day, the Fire Emblem series was born into this world. Since Fire Emblem is my favorite video game series to have ever existed, i will share my thoughts on each of the 14 Fire Emblem games that have been released. This will be a long post so each game will be under a spoiler tag to keep everything organized.
The game that started it all. And this game didn't just start the Fire Emblem series. It started the entire Strategy RPG genre. While this game is pretty primitive now, back then, it was revolutionary. No one had ever seen a turn-based strategy game like this before. But it didn't stop there. People were amazed to learn that this is a game where every decision counts. If a unit dies, they are dead for good. This kind of mechanic had never been seen before in other JRPGs. Now fun fact: this came probably would have been released outside of Japan. However due to the low initial sales and the fact that the first Final Fantasy game in the West also had low initial sales, Fire Emblem was kept as a Japan-Exclusive title. Note: i haven't technically played this game but i did play the FE3 and FE11 versions
The second game in the series, Fire Emblem Gaiden, is actually one of the most unique Fire Emblem games out there. While it still kept the basic formula of the first game (Turn-based strategy, perma-death) there were a lot of changes made here that wouldn't be see again for more than a decade (and 2 particular features that haven't returned yet). This game marked the first appearance of the world map. Thanks to this addition, players are able to grind for level ups, although supports still haven't introduced though there is something similar: Alm and Celica get more crits when near each other. A new addition was being able to walk around freely in certain areas. This mechanic wouldn't be seen again until 23 years later, when Fire Emblem Fates brought it back via My Castle. The world map, on the other hand, made its return 12 years later, with the release of The Sacred Stones. Magic in this game was completely reworked. In theory, you had unlimited uses. However, there were no Tomes or Staffs in this game. Instead, both offensive and defensive magic was learned via level ups, like in a traditional JRPG. This game is one of two games in the series, the other being Fates, to not feature weapon durability. This game also features one of my top 5 favorite Lords: Celica. She was the OG magic-sword user. My favorite mechanic in this game has to be the dual control. Starting in Ch.3, you get to control both Alm and Celica on different parts of the world map. Its a really unique mechanic that hasn't been used since, even in temporary splits such as Sacred Stones. Gaiden is the most undrerrated Fire Emblem game and i definitely suggest you play this one.
The 3rd game in the series, Mystery of the Emblem, was released on the SNES in 1994. This game was actually 2 in 1. The first part of the game was a remake of Shadow Dragon and Blade of Light, albeit, some chapters and characters were removed for space issues. The 2nd part is the "Mystery of the Emblem". When people refer to FE3, they're usually talking about this part. This game introduced the first real form of the Support system, known as Bond Supports. Chracaters that have a set relationship, such as Marth and Caeda, will receive small boosts when near each other. This game is one of my favorites in the series, and i also suggest you play it, whether it be this version, or the remake on the DS.
The 4th game in the series, Genealogy of the Holy War, introduced one of the most important mechanics in Fire Emblem: The Weapon Triangle. This game also marked the debut of the Swordmaster class, as well as the first feamle to use only swords: Ayra. This game had a lot of good in it: the plot, the music, the characters and the OG S-Supports. However, this game, along with Thracia, are actually my least favorite in the series. What Genealogy did right, it did it amazing. But there were a lot of problems i had with this game:
Cons
-Minimum promotion level is 20 and i'm really impatient when it comes to level ups (this is a personal thing, i know)
-Level does not reset upon promoting and the level cap is 30
-The level system also renders Corpul useless as he joins when the game is practically over as a lv.1 Priest.
-Healing items such as Elixers don't exist.
-Maps are huge (i know what they were going for but the prolouge does not need to be the size of Bionis' Leg)
-Trading has been replaced with something else: the Pawn Shop. Basically, if you want to trade a weapon or staff, you can't do it directly. You have to go to your home castle, go to the Pawn Shop, sell the weapon, and then have the other character buy it back. Because you know, Trading didn't work so well.
-The Love System, while good, was really vague when it came to telling you how close two characters were.
-A quarter of Ch.7's map is a desert.
-Nearly impossible to save villages since bandits start out either next to them, or on them.
-Great Shield activates too often which makes fighting Generals a pain in the ***.
-Why can enemies switch weapons during Player Phase?
-Mounted units are broken, as they basically had Galeforce before Galeforce existed. And this made fighting a squad of cavaliers, pegasus knights, etc a pain since they would take turns stabbing you to death.
Sorry about this rant but i did say i'd be giving my thoughts on each game. FE4 is still an amazing game, and if you can get past the problems i listed, you'll enjoy it way more than i did.
The 5th game in the series, Thracia 776. Ok, so i actually haven't played this game a whole lot but all i can say is: Fatigue can go **** itself and Leif is worst lord. Its probably a good game, but i'm only on ch.3 because sending in units is so risky because you don't want them to get fatigued. This is definitely the most stressful game in the series. Also, healing staffs can miss for some reason.
The 6th game in the series, and my 2nd favorite Fire Emblem game, The Binding Blade. This game is one of the reasons why i main Roy in Smash 4. Despite all the mixed opinions of this game, i found it to be very enjoyable and way better than the Jugdral games. Contrary to popular belief, Roy is actually not the worst Lord. He's decent but the problem is RNG. RNG hates the player which why 15% hit-rates hit more often than they should. This game also has some of my favorite characters: Roy, Lilina, Sophia, Rutger, Dieck, Percival, and Idden. Also, this game has one pf the best shippings: Roy x Lilina. Also, this is relevant
The 7th game in the series, the first to release outside of Japan, and the 2nd Fire Emblem game i played (the first was Awakening). This game showed me what Classic FE was all about. Like Binding Blade, this game has some of my favorite characters: Eliwwod, Lyn, Hector, Ninian, Rath, Pent, Canas, Nils, Priscilla, and more. This game also showed me that playable units can have story-related deaths, even if its rare. Also, this game also has one of my favorite ships: Eliwood x Ninian, and Hector x Florina (is it me or did Elibe have really good ships)
The 8th game in the series, Sacred Stones. This game is great and in my opinion, is how future Fire Emblems should be done. Sacred Stones has one of the top 3 best OSTs in the series and Ephraim and Eirika are amazing. Lyon also happens to be my favorite antagonist in the series. Definitely play this one.

Ok, i know these games are amazing but i haven't had the chance to play them. So if anyone can point me to a GameCube/Wii Emulator, then i should be able to play these. So for now, We Like Ike and Sothe x Micaiah is an amazing ship.
My very first Fire Emblem game. This game introduced me into the amazing world of Fire Emblem. I fell in love with so many of the characters, as they are so likeable. I remember Nowi being the first character i married because dragons and i was surprised to find out that child units existed. I played on Casual because i sucked at Classic at the time and i remember having trouble with the Conquest of Valm arc. But despite 14 year old me sucking at the game, i still enjoyed it a lot and Pokemon probably would've still been my favorite series had i not played this.
And here we have the latest game in the series, Fire Emblem Fates. This is actually my favorite Fire Emblem game so far. You can really see how far they've come. This game introduced so many new things including a brand new weapon type. Nohr/Hoshido Nobles,Master Ninjas, Malig Knights and Kinshi Knights are some of the most unique classes ever introduced and this game gets the award for best OST in the series. I feel that the 3 paths thing was done right, and like Awakening, this game has so many likable characters. Some of my favorites are Azura, Soleil, Leo, Takumi, Elise and Shiro. The final boss of Revelation is probably the most unique FE boss out there. Pretty much everybody here is playing Fates and i think we can all agree its an amazing game. Also, Corrin x Azura is one of my favorite ships in the series.
And those are my thoughts on each game. Now i want to hear from you. What are your thoughts on each game? Any favorite moments? Feel free to share.

Today is a very special day for Fire Emblem. And Together, We Ride to the next Fire Emblem game.

Note: If your wondering why i didn't put FE11 and FE12, that's because they are remakes.
Now i want to hear from you
I hadn't saw this line before and I simply enjoyed reading your post, but now I want to share my thoughts of all the Fire Emblem games that I played!

I never played the ones before Blazing Sword because I'm lazy, so it's not a complete list of all the games in the series.
They're ordered from my least favourite from my favourite.

I'm sorry Marth but you're not my Lord.
What can I say about this game? It is the remake of the game that starts this great series and puts the bases for all the sequels: permanent death, classes, weapons that ran out of ammo (cit.), and so on.
It's not one of the best games in the series but it's still enjoyable (if you can tolerate a depressing graphic desing).

Blazing Sword, the favourite Fire Emblem of many and the first too, it's a great game no doubt, but for some reasons I haven't really liked it, and I don't know why! All the three lords are interesting characters and my favourite was Lyn because she wasn't the "standard" Lord we are all accustomed to.
Also, this is the first Fire Emblem game released outside of Japan and it is a great starts for all the newcomers!

Radiant Dawn, one of the strangest entry in the series, with features like third tier classes, laguz, and a story divided in parts with different playable characters. It has one of the best stories in all the series and it is pretty challenging if you not plan well your moves. A great game overall but in my opinion it can stands its prequel...

Path of Radiance, oh my god this game, I loved it from the first moment. It's the first full 3D Fire Emblem and it's also the first that wasn't featuring a noble as a protagonist, instead it was a mercenary. The name of this mercenary was Ike which is in my opinion the best protagonist in the entire series. The game was overall great, a nice story, nice music, great battle animations and great characters.
One of the best Fire Emblem in the series, and a game everyone should play.

Awakening, the game that brings to us the waifus and the game that saved the series from its end. It's a fantastic game with a lot of contents, new mechanics and an interesting marriage system (because even if I joke about the waifus, the marriage is actually a mechanic that I liked) and definitely one of my favourite games in general.

And my favourite Fire Emblem game of all time is...

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones.
The first Fire Emblem I ever played and the one I liked the most. From the very first moment that I started this game I felt in love with it: I loved the fantasy ambientation, the weapons, the classes, the mechanics, everything! It was the first time I played a game like this, a game where every decision count and a single mistake can cause the definitive DEATH of one of your soldier...
This game was a perfect starts into the Fire Emblem universe, and I'm happy that I started with it.

These were all my thoughts about the Fire Emblem games that I played over the years and now I'm here, waiting for Fates to come out here in Europe and playing it to death to see if all the hype for it was worth it (I bet yes!).
Lastly, just a suggestion for Armagon Armagon , you should definitely play the Tellius games, you can use the Dolphin Emulator to play them (I know this isn't really legal but it is the only way to play those games if you aren't so lucky to find them anywhere).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was saying about the emulators :/
Like Dolphin worked to me, but the game was sooo slow (like in the Game Cub he was a swordmaster, in dolphin he was a general)

But he was the best thing i could find
Ah...
I hadn't saw this line before and I simply enjoyed reading your post, but now I want to share my thoughts of all the Fire Emblem games that I played!

I never played the ones before Blazing Sword because I'm lazy, so it's not a complete list of all the games in the series.
They're ordered from my least favourite from my favourite.

I'm sorry Marth but you're not my Lord.
What can I say about this game? It is the remake of the game that starts this great series and puts the bases for all the sequels: permanent death, classes, weapons that ran out of ammo (cit.), and so on.
It's not one of the best games in the series but it's still enjoyable (if you can tolerate a depressing graphic desing).

Blazing Sword, the favourite Fire Emblem of many and the first too, it's a great game no doubt, but for some reasons I haven't really liked it, and I don't know why! All the three lords are interesting characters and my favourite was Lyn because she wasn't the "standard" Lord we are all accustomed to.
Also, this is the first Fire Emblem game released outside of Japan and it is a great starts for all the newcomers!

Radiant Dawn, one of the strangest entry in the series, with features like third tier classes, laguz, and a story divided in parts with different playable characters. It has one of the best stories in all the series and it is pretty challenging if you not plan well your moves. A great game overall but in my opinion it can stands its prequel...

Path of Radiance, oh my god this game, I loved it from the first moment. It's the first full 3D Fire Emblem and it's also the first that wasn't featuring a noble as a protagonist, instead it was a mercenary. The name of this mercenary was Ike which is in my opinion the best protagonist in the entire series. The game was overall great, a nice story, nice music, great battle animations and great characters.
One of the best Fire Emblem in the series, and a game everyone should play.

Awakening, the game that brings to us the waifus and the game that saved the series from its end. It's a fantastic game with a lot of contents, new mechanics and an interesting marriage system (because even if I joke about the waifus, the marriage is actually a mechanic that I liked) and definitely one of my favourite games in general.

And my favourite Fire Emblem game of all time is...

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones.
The first Fire Emblem I ever played and the one I liked the most. From the very first moment that I started this game I felt in love with it: I loved the fantasy ambientation, the weapons, the classes, the mechanics, everything! It was the first time I played a game like this, a game where every decision count and a single mistake can cause the definitive DEATH of one of your soldier...
This game was a perfect starts into the Fire Emblem universe, and I'm happy that I started with it.

These were all my thoughts about the Fire Emblem games that I played over the years and now I'm here, waiting for Fates to come out here in Europe and playing it to death to see if all the hype for it was worth it (I bet yes!).
Lastly, just a suggestion for Armagon Armagon , you should definitely play the Tellius games, you can use the Dolphin Emulator to play them (I know this isn't really legal but it is the only way to play those games if you aren't so lucky to find them anywhere).
I started with Sacred Stones to...never finished it

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Awakening was obviously my first Fire Emblem game in the series and I know how phenomenal that game turned out. It was my favorite 3DS game for a long time and introduced me to the series as a whole. I do have Fire Emblem (the one with Lyn in it) and The Sacred Stones downloaded from the eShop but I did not put much time into those due to other games. The series became perhaps my favorite Nintendo franchise ever, next to Zelda of course. If not for Awakening's success, we never would've gotten Fates and the series would've been dead and gone. It's a miracle that it's shining brighter than ever.

Troykv

Smash Master
Awakening was obviously my first Fire Emblem game in the series and I know how phenomenal that game turned out. It was my favorite 3DS game for a long time and introduced me to the series as a whole. I do have Fire Emblem (the one with Lyn in it) and The Sacred Stones downloaded from the eShop but I did not put much time into those due to other games. The series became perhaps my favorite Nintendo franchise ever, next to Zelda of course. If not for Awakening's success, we never would've gotten Fates and the series would've been dead and gone. It's a miracle that it's shining brighter than ever.
Awakening's Success is a combination of actual intents to advertize the game (As I know... the last time IS actually tried to advertise a game in the right way was with Binding Blade) and extremely appeling-looking in pretty much every aspect (even if the end something like story were dissapointing).

The Awakening's Success has a bitter sweet effect in my. In one hand, the franchise is alive and was able to awake after like 8 years of bad commercial selections... In the other hand... I'm afraid of Fire Emblem's Future in a completely different way... I think it's okay that the following game is based in the same interfax that Awakening (FE1/FE2, FE6/7, FE9/10, FE11/12)... But...

What would happen if IS actually takes the current style as their ultimate choice (indefinitely) and make the next Fire Emblem Games like Awakening or Fates?

I know, this sound paranoid... But this... It's a feel that I have.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Emulator is pretty much the only way i can play the Tellius games since i don't have access to a Wii, GC, or Wii U. Anyway, i do remember i installed both Dolphin and PoR on my laptop a while back but for some reason, PoR wouldn't load. Maybe its because i have too much stuff on my laptop. Should i upgrade to Windows 10 to see if that helps?

Nah

Smash Champion
I just want to double check: there is no break between Chapter 27 and Endgame, right? Once you start up 27 you go till the end of the game yeah?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just want to double check: there is no break between Chapter 27 and Endgame, right? Once you start up 27 you go till the end of the game yeah?
Yep, no break. You'll still be able to move your units around, equip skills, and mess with with your inventory before the Endgame battle, but you won't be able to save at that point.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Just wondering, does anyone else feel that FE fates' story would have been much better if it had those little segments of exposition in the beginning of each chapter (pretty much every FE game before awakening had this)? My biggest issue with Fates' story is that a lot of the things that were happening were not explained very well, such as Corrin's motives, where he was heading, the region that Hoshido and Nohr were located in, etc. I feel something such as this would have cleared up a lot of my confusion with the story.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Hey, how I get the flower that my wife gave me when i entered in private quarters? Its my birthday today

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did I see people complaining that you had to waste time "babying" Sakura earlier? Maybe if this was some other FE game, but it seems to me that IS fixed that problem. Even an impatient player like me managed to use her in both Birthright and Revelations without wasting unnecessary turns. It seems that EXP gained from healing is based off the level of the character you heal in this game, so I've found it's not to difficult to have a healer keep up with the rest of the team. You're going to need a healer in the early game anyway, and Jakob/Felecia aren't that great in the long term. Likewise, I never have difficulties keeping Elise up to level in Conquest either. They always promote at the same time as everyone else.

I never used Onmyoji Sakura, though. I always go with Priestess because her special costume is too good to pass up. Besides, Renewal is a great skill and, in the case of Revelations, the Shining Bow is actually a really solid weapon.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Correct. Ch. 27 is the last save point (on all versions). So it just runs from Ch. 27 to the Endgame chapter. However, you do get the opportunity to place units in between (so, after finishing Ch. 27, you can place completely different units for the endgame chapter).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Correct. Ch. 27 is the last save point (on all versions). So it just runs from Ch. 27 to the Endgame chapter. However, you do get the opportunity to place units in between (so, after finishing Ch. 27, you can place completely different units for the endgame chapter).
Do they all have Garon as the Chapter 27 boss?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Shoutouts to IndigoSSB IndigoSSB for coming over to Versus (SFL, he's from SWFL) and playing friendlies.
First time going to Versus, it was a lot of fun! Hit me up when you come up for Eagle Lan, if I'm free we can play more friendlies. I don't get too many opportunities to play other good Corrins :).

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Emulator is pretty much the only way i can play the Tellius games since i don't have access to a Wii, GC, or Wii U. Anyway, i do remember i installed both Dolphin and PoR on my laptop a while back but for some reason, PoR wouldn't load. Maybe its because i have too much stuff on my laptop. Should i upgrade to Windows 10 to see if that helps?
Have you tried reading the Dolphin wiki for seeing if the game needs some special settings? If i remember correctly it needs a specific audio setting but I could be wrong.
I don't know if updating to Win 10 can change something but it's a good operative system so I don't see why you shouldn't update your pc.

Also, what are the characteristic of your Laptop? Maybe it's simply not powerful enough to run the game.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also, what are the characteristic of your Laptop? Maybe it's simply not powerful enough to run the game.
I don't know. Where can i see that? I know my laptop is currently Windows 8 and i think its pretty powerful but i don't know how much exactly.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I don't know. Where can i see that? I know my laptop is currently Windows 8 and i think its pretty powerful but i don't know how much exactly.
Open the Charms bar (the thing you will see if you put the pointer at the top/bottom right of the Desktop) and then clicks Control Panel -> Settings -> PC info. Here you can read your type of processor, RAM, etc.
A decent graphic card is also a necessity for running Dolphin, check it at: Control Panel -> Settings -> System -> Device Manager and then find "Display adapters", right click it, click Properties and then click Details.
If you aren't sure of what are you seeing, take a screenshot and send it to me, I'll help you understand.

Also, if you have Win 8 you should definitely upgrade to Win 10, it is better in everything.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Open the Charms bar (the thing you will see if you put the pointer at the top/bottom right of the Desktop) and then clicks Control Panel -> Settings -> PC info. Here you can read your type of processor, RAM, etc.
A decent graphic card is also a necessity for running Dolphin, check it at: Control Panel -> Settings -> System -> Device Manager and then find "Display adapters", right click it, click Properties and then click Details.
If you aren't sure of what are you seeing, take a screenshot and send it to me, I'll help you understand.

Also, if you have Win 8 you should definitely upgrade to Win 10, it is better in everything.
Ok so the processor for my laptop is Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @2.16GHz 2.16GHz
And the RAM: 2.00 GB (1.89 usable)
I copied everything word for word but if you think a screenshot would help better, let me know. Although to do that, i need to know how to take a screenshot.

And regarding the Display Adapters, i checked the properties but all i got was the "general" tab with 'Display Adapters" underneath it. Although if i click in that little arrow next to Display Adapters, i get Intel(R) HD Graphics. And clicking on that gives me the properties of that but it'd be easier if i take a screenshot to show you (but again, i don't know how to take screenshots).

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Ok so the processor for my laptop is Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @2.16GHz 2.16GHz
And the RAM: 2.00 GB (1.89 usable)
I copied everything word for word but if you think a screenshot would help better, let me know. Although to do that, i need to know how to take a screenshot.

And regarding the Display Adapters, i checked the properties but all i got was the "general" tab with 'Display Adapters" underneath it. Although if i click in that little arrow next to Display Adapters, i get Intel(R) HD Graphics. And clicking on that gives me the properties of that but it'd be easier if i take a screenshot to show you (but again, i don't know how to take screenshots).
Actually that Laptop isn't that powerful: its processor isn't that great and 2 GB of RAM is pretty low, but the main problem is that it really hasn't a real graphic card but instead an integrated one, which is generally worse than a standard graphic card and Dolphin requires a REALLY powerful PC and a good graphic card to run smooth.
#BlameTheLaptop

Also, for taking screenshot you can do CTRL+PRINT and you'll save a Desktop screenshot in the copy buffer and then you can copy it, for example, in Paint. However, with this way you can only saves screenshots for local use, if you want to upload them I'll definitely recommend you to use puush (you have to install it), if you don't want to use puush you can use Imgur.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Did I see people complaining that you had to waste time "babying" Sakura earlier? Maybe if this was some other FE game, but it seems to me that IS fixed that problem. Even an impatient player like me managed to use her in both Birthright and Revelations without wasting unnecessary turns. It seems that EXP gained from healing is based off the level of the character you heal in this game, so I've found it's not to difficult to have a healer keep up with the rest of the team. You're going to need a healer in the early game anyway, and Jakob/Felecia aren't that great in the long term. Likewise, I never have difficulties keeping Elise up to level in Conquest either. They always promote at the same time as everyone else.

I never used Onmyoji Sakura, though. I always go with Priestess because her special costume is too good to pass up. Besides, Renewal is a great skill and, in the case of Revelations, the Shining Bow is actually a really solid weapon.
No, you didn't see anyone complaining about babying a staff user - we were comparing the pros and cons of the Hoshido mages. I used "babying" to refer to the fact that Hayato can fight while Sakura's solely relegated to healing for 19 levels, as is par for the course for healers.

Units do gain more EXP for healing higher level units, but I've never seen it reach the amount given for healing at the low levels, and it's still slower than gaining EXP for combat. Elise and Sakura were among my last units to promote across all three paths, because you can't do things like soften up a promoted or boss enemy to finish off for big gains with them.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Actually that Laptop isn't that powerful: its processor isn't that great and 2 GB of RAM is pretty low, but the main problem is that it really hasn't a real graphic card but instead an integrated one, which is generally worse than a standard graphic card and Dolphin requires a REALLY powerful PC and a good graphic card to run smooth.
#BlameTheLaptop

Also, for taking screenshot you can do CTRL+PRINT and you'll save a Desktop screenshot in the copy buffer and then you can copy it, for example, in Paint. However, with this way you can only saves screenshots for local use, if you want to upload them I'll definitely recommend you to use puush (you have to install it), if you don't want to use puush you can use Imgur.
Is there a way to get a better graphic card? And i'm assuming the only way to increase RAM is to buy a better laptop.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Getting an actual PC is basically your only option there. One without an integrated card to start with.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I hung out around here.

Oh, and a very Happy Birthday to Niles!

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Is there a way to get a better graphic card? And i'm assuming the only way to increase RAM is to buy a better laptop.
You can't change graphic card on a Laptop but if I'm not wrong you can change RAM (still not really helpful in your case though).
Sadly your only solution is to buy a better PC.

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I hung out around here.
WELCOME BACK!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Getting an actual PC is basically your only option there.
Sadly your only solution is to buy a better PC.
Well then. Looks like i won't be playing any of the Tellius games for a while. I know i won't be able to get a new laptop because money's tight right now. And even if it wasn't, i know my mom wouldn't buy me a new laptop just so that i can play a game. My only other option right now is to go over to my friend's house since she has both Tellius games. Although the downside to that is that because its Fire Emblem, its gonna take several visits to beat both of them.

Arrei

Smash Lord
That reminds me, a friend still has my copies of FE Tellius. I wonder if they'd be worth anything...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Some FE:Fates updates to share:

The Japanese Fire Emblem Fates website has released several new artworks on their background page for some of the characters in the game (if you're wondering what's the text underneath each artwork, it's the support conversations with each of those characters). I also enclosed the pictures in the spoilers tag below.

Adorable picture of Male Corrin and Kana. Seriously just look at these two.

Pretty neat picture of Azura and Shigure.

Cute picture of everyone's favorite beast kin children, Velouria and Selkie. They definitely achieved A support at this point.

A picture of Nina at her prime while Dwyer just looks at her and thinks, "What's her problem?"

This picture is pretty amusing the more I look at it.

In addition, the two Fire Emblem Fates 3DS themes featuring the most popular male and female characters from the official Japanes popularity poll have been released today in North America. I'm probably going to get them later today just for the Takumi and Oboro on each respective one.

Astellius

Smash Ace
That reminds me, a friend still has my copies of FE Tellius. I wonder if they'd be worth anything...
Yes, they're worth a lot on Amazon, especially if you have the original box and manual, and the game is in good condition. Last time I checked, Path of Radiance sells for about $100, and Radiant Dawn sells for $70.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey guys, the first English trailer of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE has released
The first thing i noticed was: "Are those Netflix subtitles?"

Also, gameplay

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Hoi.

Just wanted to remind you all that I still exist, even though I changed my name. Remember me?

Once I finish Fates, I'll post here more often again.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Some FE:Fates updates to share:

The Japanese Fire Emblem Fates website has released several new artworks on their background page for some of the characters in the game (if you're wondering what's the text underneath each artwork, it's the support conversations with each of those characters). I also enclosed the pictures in the spoilers tag below.

Adorable picture of Male Corrin and Kana. Seriously just look at these two.

Pretty neat picture of Azura and Shigure.

Cute picture of everyone's favorite beast kin children, Velouria and Selkie. They definitely achieved A support at this point.

A picture of Nina at her prime while Dwyer just looks at her and thinks, "What's her problem?"

This picture is pretty amusing the more I look at it.

In addition, the two Fire Emblem Fates 3DS themes featuring the most popular male and female characters from the official Japanes popularity poll have been released today in North America. I'm probably going to get them later today just for the Takumi and Oboro on each respective one.
Wait, those are official? I saw those elsewhere, and I thought they were fanart!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As I recall, the graphics card doesn't make a huge difference to how well Dolphin runs; it almost entirely comes down to your processor, which you can't change in a laptop. Best ones are the newer versions of the Core processors; Celeron and Pentium don't do much these days, and almost all AMD processors are no good for Dolphin.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Wait, those are official? I saw those elsewhere, and I thought they were fanart!
I'm pretty sure they are official. The website also released a set of pictures a while back depicting various support conversations similar to the four that popped up today: 3 Hoshidan supports, 3 Conquest supports, and 2 Revelation supports. It's all part of their "Support Scene" page of the Background Corner, and you can find them by clicking on the Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation tabs in the link I provided.

Below is one of those images from a while back.

It's from Oboro and Saizo's supports.
I remember first seeing this image on Oboro's Fire Emblem wiki page a while before the American release, and I too mistook it for some random fan art. It took some searching to find out these images were from the main FE:Fates website.

The thing is, I don't know if the artists that made those images work for the main Fire Emblem art team or draw for the Fire Emblem Cipher card game. Something tells me that it could be the latter, because I feel like I've seen a similar art style on several FE: Cipher cards with some of the arts. I could be wrong though.

Astellius

Smash Ace
What with the talk of emulators and playing other FE games, I decided that I'd play Binding Blade. It really harkens me back to playing Fire Emblem on the GBA. It looks pretty much exactly like FE7.

However, I have to say, I am absolutely not a fan of reinforcements that act on the turn they spawn. Especially when they spawn unpredictably in the middle of a field. That's just stupid and annoying.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What with the talk of emulators and playing other FE games, I decided that I'd play Binding Blade. It really harkens me back to playing Fire Emblem on the GBA. It looks pretty much exactly like FE7.
Nice. Binding Blade is my 2nd favorite Fire Emblem game so its nice seeing someone else play it. Here are some tips from me: Lilina and Sophia are two of the best characters in the game. The only problem is that they both start out at lv.1 (Lilina joins in Ch.8, Sophia in Ch.14). If you can get past the initial training, i can guarantee that they will be amazing. Lilina is also the best candidate for wielding Forblaze as she has the highest magic stat out of any playable mage in the game. Same goes for Sophia as she has the highest magic stat out of the three Shamans and she is the best candidate for wielding Apocalypse.

Also, i recommend maxing out Roy and Lilina's supports, not just because of the ship but because they both get really good boosts and its the fastest building support in the game (you can literally get B-Rank in the chapter Lilina joins in).

You are aware of how to get each of the divine weapons, right? In case you don't know
Complete Ch.8 with Lilina alive
Complete Ch.12 within 20 turns. If you recruited Elphin, he must stay alive
Complete Ch.14 within 25 turns and with Sophia alive. This is hard since Sophia is an Est-Type and Ch.14 is a desert
Complete Ch.16 without killing Douglas
Complete Ch.20 within 25 turns and with Shanna/Thany, Thite, Juno and Zealots alive. Alternatively, if you took the Sacae route, you'll receive Maltet at the start of Ch.21
Complete Ch.20 within 25 turns and Dayan, Sue and Sin alive. Alternatively, if you took the Illa route, you'll recive Murgleis at the start of Ch.21
Automatically received at the start of Ch.21
Complete Ch.21 within 30 turns and with Milady and Zeiss alive
And then the Sword of Seals is obtained through the story. Having all of the divine weapons intact by the end of Ch.22 will allow you to continue to the true final boss
And if Roy deals the final blow to the final boss using the Sword of Seals, you get the true ending

However, I have to say, I am absolutely not a fan of reinforcements that act on the turn they spawn. Especially when they spawn unpredictably in the middle of a field. That's just stupid and annoying.
Oh boy! Your gonna love Ch.21. Because that's a chapter where enemies spawn based on where your at and not based on turns.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So something interesting happened to me earlier. I was doing Percy's paralogue earlier. Effie was her mother and I had passed down Luna to Percy and reclassed her to general. During the battle, because Effie was a boss, she had gained Wary Fighter. However, when I beat the paralogue, instead of Luna, Percy had Wary Fighter when I recruited him. It was very odd, especially since he had Luna when he was the boss.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I almost lost Hayato to a certain Malig Knight at the end of Birthright Chapter 11 because it showed up out of nowhere and got to act on the turn it spawned. That was the only enemy in all of Birthright I ever saw do that.

Fake difficulty at its finest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom