• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astellius

Smash Ace
You will find that people will get upset or mad over anything
Indeed! This is a universal truth.

In other news, the current events are quite generous with orbs, and so I managed to get enough orbs to do another round of summoning, hoping to draw the elusive Ninian. This did not happen. However! I did draw a 5-star Priscilla and a 4-star adult Tiki. It's nice to finally be having good summoning sessions, where I actually sometimes get 5-star characters, and not every summon is just a repeat of a character I already have.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What complaint? That retcon is really stupid, but what complaint? The point is that there is no desperate rush from Nintendo trying to make great females in Smash.... Sakurai couldn't even make an alt with a different tail in order to have Pikachu on both genders.... you know, that would be "progressive"....
Every female other than WFT is nothing but an alt, while Pikachu could, but doesn't even have a female alt, so that nullifies "Nintendo is pushing a strong cast of females" pretty well....
They are just putting females in the game. That is all.
I wouldn't really consider female Pokemon to be strong female characters. Same applies to male Pokemon. They are just Pokemon. Also, i disagree with the retcon being stupid. I don't care for it but i've never heard anyone say it was stupid until now.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Indeed! This is a universal truth.

In other news, the current events are quite generous with orbs, and so I managed to get enough orbs to do another round of summoning, hoping to draw the elusive Ninian. This did not happen. However! I did draw a 5-star Priscilla and a 4-star adult Tiki. It's nice to finally be having good summoning sessions, where I actually sometimes get 5-star characters, and not every summon is just a repeat of a character I already have.
Awww... I really really liked priscilla, but I'd rather take my chances with azura and ninian, rather than take the grew orbs and accidentially get jafar and tons of other healers I don't want to use.

Wrys... *shudders*

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just want to point out that Sophia has surprisingly high defense for a mage in Heroes. My 5-Star Sophia is currently Lv.33 and she has a Defense stat of 24. By comparison, my strongest unit, Sanaki, is Lv.40 but only has 17 Defense.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I just want to point out that Sophia has surprisingly high defense for a mage in Heroes. My 5-Star Sophia is currently Lv.33 and she has a Defense stat of 24. By comparison, my strongest unit, Sanaki, is Lv.40 but only has 17 Defense.
Sanaki has an insanely low defense by default. I think even one of the lowest ingame.

I think one of the male green mages had like... 34 defense at level 40. WHich was really odd to see.

Seems like sophia can take a hit or two!

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
What complaint? That retcon is really stupid, but what complaint? The point is that there is no desperate rush from Nintendo trying to make great females in Smash.... Sakurai couldn't even make an alt with a different tail in order to have Pikachu on both genders.... you know, that would be "progressive"....
Every female other than WFT is nothing but an alt, while Pikachu could, but doesn't even have a female alt, so that nullifies "Nintendo is pushing a strong cast of females" pretty well....
They are just putting females in the game. That is all.
Isn't the Pokemon Company in charge of what Smash gets to use? It's why we don't have any of the current shinies, for some stupid reason. Hell, they took Mewtwo's shiny palette from Melee OUT for his return (about which I'm still salty, Mewtwo is my favorite pokemon and green is my favorite color).

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I'm looking at that Smash Switch speculation section and it's like 95% character support threads

and I'm just like "aw, all these people setting themselves up for disappointment, and then rage over whatever newcomer(s) 'stole' their character's spot lol"

You will find that people will get upset or mad over anything
I'm currently mentally bracing myself for the madness that ensues. I don't think going in with blank expectations is the key to not being disappointed. I think we all just need to keep in mind the fact that IT'S A FREAKING VIDEO GAME. The only thing I don't know how to cope with are all these people flipping out over something not living up to their expectations when they should be happy they got it at all. I've been fed up with these kinds of people for a long time now...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Which is why I'm not gonna waste my time speculating at those character support threads.

I ain't good for my health.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Seems like sophia can take a hit or two!
I don't know how reliable this reference is, but my Sophia could tank hits from a Brave Axe wielding Camilla. And that was when Sophia was 4-Star.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I did another summon earlier today. I got a 5-Star Rebecca. Also, was anyone able to get Michalis early? If not, you have another chance of getting him this weekend.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Since I finally have a decent number of 5-star characters, I decided not to do full summoning sets, but instead only summon blues in hopes of getting Ninian. I didn't get her yet, but I did get a 5-star Catria, which means I now have the original three pegasus sisters! Triangle attack!! (It would be cool if this game had that.) I'm glad that the RNG Goddess has relented, and is now giving me 4-star & 5-star characters. That said, She still insists that I summon Subaki on a regular basis...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Guess the RNG goddess decided to punish me for something that she decided to give me characters I already have...like two Hanas, although one of them turned out to be a 4-star, which is good, I guess. She's the most common I've been getting, in my experience.

Of course, however, I did get my fifth 5-star character...of a certain doting ***** I don't even like...and I don't appreciate being called "my sweetie" Ugh, oh well...I might as well put her to use until I get someone better enough to replace her if I'm fortunate enough.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Of course, however, I did get my fifth 5-star character...of a certain doting ***** I don't even like...and I don't appreciate being called "my sweetie" Ugh, oh well...I might as well put her to use until I get someone better enough to replace her if I'm fortunate enough.
It could've been worse. You could've gotten Peri. Camilla is bland but she's still leagues better than Peri.

D

Deleted member

It could've been worse. You could've gotten Peri. Camilla is bland but she's still leagues better than Peri.
I got both of them at 4 stars today.
I immediately sent them home because I don't like them and I will never use them.

Though, the RNG gods were kind to me today. I managed to get Jaffar, who was someone that I really wanted and was the last character that I didn't have for this Focus.
I hope RNGesus stays this kind to me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of Peri if I ever end up getting her. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of characters I don't like and will not use. I'll get rid of Camilla once I get a 5-star character or two that'll put a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Everything you need to know about the basics of Echoes. By far, my favorite quote from the entire thing is "Pillars of modern warfare such as Pair-ups and predictable Archers have no place in Valentia".

Also,this wasn't mentioned in the trailer but, besides Alm and Celica, the other FE Amiibo work in Echoes and allow you to summon Marth, Ike, Roy, Robin, Lucina and Corrin. However, unlike Fates, these units aren't permanent and they vanish after a single turn, so they'll be mainly be used if you need more assistance. Oh, and other non-FE Amiibo work too. They summon a generic monster that'll help you.

One last thing: The Limited Edition of Echoes has been confirmed for America
I'm pretty sure this has already sold out.

Y u people no like intestines threatening chicks?
Seriously, she is a cool gal.... ~much better than that godamn Roy the plebs love~
Oooh. I don't think i can let this slide. Sorry man, but Roy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peri. Roy may not have much interesting qualities, but i would rather take an average character over a terribly written one.

The issue with Peri is that she tries to be a female Henry but misses every single thing that made Henry fun and lovable. Especially since Peri actually tries to kill some of her allies. She tries to kill Felicia because she spilled tea, she threatens to cut out Kaden's heart if he doesn't marry her, and she also tries to kill Silas but i don't remember the details of that one. Oh, did i mention she goes to massacre a village all because Keaton wouldn't hunt animals with her for sport?

Henry, on the other hand, always joked about killing and stuff, making puns and all that, but he would never wish harm on any of his comrades, as seen in his Supports with Olivia.

Peri's reasoning for being a psychopathic killer is so dumb too. The story goes that a servant killed her mother but Peri didn't know which one. So she just started killing random servants and her father did absolutely nothing about it. And then she somehow lands as one of Xander's retainers, which makes the crown prince seem hypocritical. He hates Hans because he's a murderer, yet Peri is also a murder (a worse one, i'd argue), yet Xander is fine with her. At least Hans has the excuse of being under direct command of Garon.

Now, while Henry may seem psychopathic, he still genuinely feels and cares. He killed everyone in a town square once, but that was the result of anger and grief, as those people killed his animal friends, who were basically his only family after he was abandoned by his parents. Another example is, again, his Supports with Olivia. When Olivia almost dies, he actually starts to cry.

People defend Peri by using her Supports with her child. But here's my counterargument: All the children (except Shigure and maybe Male Kana) share the same Supports with their potential mothers. So Peri's Supports with her children don't count at all.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Everything you need to know about the basics of Echoes. By far, my favorite quote from the entire thing is "Pillars of modern warfare such as Pair-ups and predictable Archers have no place in Valentia".
That too was my favorite line, just for the fact Nintendo made fun of some major elements in modern Fire Emblem games.

People defend Peri by using her Supports with her child. But here's my counterargument: All the children (except Shigure and maybe Male Kana) share the same Supports with their potential mothers. So Peri's Supports with her children don't count at all.
I don't recall fans using the child supports to defend Peri, but the Hoshidan Festival Bonds conversations instead. Unlike the support conversations, every mother has a unique conversation for each child in the Hoshidan Festival DLC, and it's usually reflective of the mother's supports with the father.

The only support conversations that I can think of that fans use to defend Peri are her supports with Laslow, and sometimes Niles as well.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I don't recall fans using the child supports to defend Peri, but the Hoshidan Festival Bonds conversations instead. Unlike the support conversations, every mother has a unique conversation for each child in the Hoshidan Festival DLC, and it's usually reflective of the mother's supports with the father.
Ooops, my bad. I had completely forgotten the Festival Bonds DLC existed (gee, i wonder why), and mixed that up with the child supports.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I don't defend her trying to convince people she is a lovely, caring person, I like her psychopathic character! Her crazy attitude! It's fun to have someone like that and makes a great contrast to the caring and world peace seeking avatar of the game. I obviously like the avatar too, but I wouldn't want my game filled with Marth-like characters who is all caring and noble to the core.... having someone that is just crazy (but still part of the "good guys") in the middle is just cool.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Y u people no like intestines threatening chicks?
Seriously, she is a cool gal.... ~much better than that godamn Roy the plebs love~
I'll never remove my roy. Even if my Julia looks in envy to his Triangle adept... atleast he's pretty good in obliterating greens (and thanks to swordbreaker, now reds too). His stats are simply painfully mediocre...

I don't defend her trying to convince people she is a lovely, caring person, I like her psychopathic character! Her crazy attitude! It's fun to have someone like that and makes a great contrast to the caring and world peace seeking avatar of the game. I obviously like the avatar too, but I wouldn't want my game filled with Marth-like characters who is all caring and noble to the core.... having someone that is just crazy (but still part of the "good guys") in the middle is just cool.
I can understand that, but there can be more reasonable stuff behind her character. Maybe why she got crazy like this, or something.
It's like with the bad guys being bad just because. Truly well designed characters on the bad side, have reasons and views, which are sometimes even better than the protagonists.
I just prefere Owain's crazyness I guess.

Also, Jacob and Peri, they shall drive eachother insane. That was my way to deal with them in fates. Even if I adore Jacobs son.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
.... am I the only one who prefers he-Corrin? No homo.
*raises hand*

Bruh, what are you even talking about? Nintendo INVENTED the strong female video game character :4samus:. (Course they killed it with Other M, but that's neither here nor there.)

And I don't think anyone is talking about writing, here. This is Smash, characters aren't really written and have very few actual lines. I just find FemCorrin's more aggressive lines to be a better fit for a game about beating people up for no reason.
This. I doubt agenda is really the main focus of Smash though.

"Corrin" is a rather...unimaginative name, to say the least. Whoever came up with that **** wasn't being very creative at all. It's no wonder why all this "corn" nonsense became a thing.

But I'm not very fond of the name "Kamui" either. Sounds like the stage name of a male stripper.
Thanks, choked on my noodles from that last part. :urg:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I can understand that, but there can be more reasonable stuff behind her character. Maybe why she got crazy like this, or something.
It's like with the bad guys being bad just because. Truly well designed characters on the bad side, have reasons and views, which are sometimes even better than the protagonists.
Lord Takeo, you took the words right out of my mouth. It's great when characters have contrast to the main protagonist.......as long as it's done well. But in the case of Peri, it's done horribly wrong.

They are both main characters but i want to point out the contrast between Alm and Celica. Both want peace but Alm wouldn't have any second thoughts about fighting a battle to obtain it, whereas Celica would much rather avoid fighting unless it's necessary.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Lord Takeo, you took the words right out of my mouth. It's great when characters have contrast to the main protagonist.......as long as it's done well. But in the case of Peri, it's done horribly wrong.
But Peri is not a villain, she is just one of the many side characters in the game. And I will agree she is not a well designed character in the terms of a backstory, but I just like her attitude.... it's not like it was put too many thought in the story of any of the retainers anyway.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
But Peri is not a villain, she is just one of the many side characters in the game. And I will agree she is not a well designed character in the terms of a backstory, but I just like her attitude.... it's not like it was put too many thought in the story of any of the retainers anyway.
That's not really a good argument considering that 95% of all Fire Emblem characters are side characters. Another reason that it's not a good argument is because a lot of side characters are actually fan-favorites. Owain/Odin, the Whitewings, Florina, Lilina, Navarre, Inigo/Laslow, Severa/Selena, Joshua, Seth, Nino, Jaffar, Ayra, Hawkeye, the list goes on. And some might argue that some side characters actually had more thought put into them than the main protagonists themselves.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
OK. I get that this game is intended to appeal primarily to series veterans, but I can't help but be triggered by that comment. Pair up was handled excellently in Fates. The only thing convoluted about Fates' mechanics were the massive differences in damage output and avoid rates that could occur when skills triggered, and even that wasn't a big deal once one learned how everything works. Honestly, I think Fates is the pinnacle of the series for gameplay. The only reason anybody wouldn't like Fates' gameplay is if they were trying to play it like an older Fire Emblem game. Fates is SO different from every other game in the series gameplay-wise, one can't expect any of their conventional strategies and habits to work effectively, and yet to my understanding, people tried using them anyway and came to despise the gameplay, not because it's bad, but because they were playing the game wrong. I acknowledge it's not perfect, but lets be real here; Gaiden had awful map design, and ALL the maps appear to be unchanged in SoV. Why would IS want to preserve every aspect, right down to the parts people hated? It seems to me they're just desperate to win back all the stuck up snots who can't appreciate the newer games because they can't take off their damn nostalgia glasses and see that most of the older games are COMPLETE GARBAGE compared to the newer games. I once said I wanted this to succeed and for the Echoes line to continue on. I take it back. I want this to be a complete flop. Maybe then, all those snots will finally realize that improvement is actually good for the series. (In all seriousness, I hope it sells well. I just hope IS doesn't discard everything good they've come up with up until now).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I know you were mostly joking but let me try to clear some things up.
Gaiden had awful map design, and ALL the maps appear to be unchanged in SoV. Why would IS want to preserve every aspect, right down to the parts people hated?
While Gaiden's maps aren't that great, they weren't terrible either. I've played Gaiden and you still had to strategize. I'd say the map design is on par with Awakening's. Also, i don't remember ever hearing anyone hate Gaiden's maps.

But like, Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem didn't have great maps either (one of Mystery's maps was literally just a bridge) and yet, the remakes still kept those. Now of course, Echoes is probably the best remake Fire Emblem has done so far.

(In all seriousness, I hope it sells well. I just hope IS doesn't discard everything good they've come up with up until now).
Don't worry, as people have already spotted what is believed to be the most wanted thing from this game: Supports. In gameplay shown off at PAX East, right after Mae fought a battle, she and Celica glowed in a pink light and the sound that plays when Supports are gained during battle played. And what makes it more interesting is that she and Celica weren't right next to each other; they were a space away. Which could mean that allies don't have to be right next to each other for Supports. Just close enough. And also, this

It looks like Supports will happen on the battlefield, just like in some of the older games. But the Supports are there and that's what matters. And there's also the fact that Echoes is adding brand new mechanics to Gaiden's formula, such as Mila's Gear, which lets you turn back time for one of your units, potentially saving them from death.

Just by the trailers alone, Echoes is having more things than Gaiden ever did.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh jeez, I haven't posted since I got my Switch. I got a new phone, which I'm using right now, but since I'm not used to typing with it yet, I'll keep this post short.

I prefer female Corrin mostly because of the hair. Male Corrin's hair just looks silly. Honestly though, I probably wouldn't use her either if that stupid thigh gap wasn't censored. In Fates, I mostly use male Corrin with a ponytail. Personality isn't a selling point for either of them.

On the topic of Echoes, I am comfortable with change if it's handled well, but I have a feeling people will be really divided on it at release.
OK. I get that this game is intended to appeal primarily to series veterans, but I can't help but be triggered by that comment. Pair up was handled excellently in Fates. The only thing convoluted about Fates' mechanics were the massive differences in damage output and avoid rates that could occur when skills triggered, and even that wasn't a big deal once one learned how everything works. Honestly, I think Fates is the pinnacle of the series for gameplay. The only reason anybody wouldn't like Fates' gameplay is if they were trying to play it like an older Fire Emblem game. Fates is SO different from every other game in the series gameplay-wise, one can't expect any of their conventional strategies and habits to work effectively, and yet to my understanding, people tried using them anyway and came to despise the gameplay, not because it's bad, but because they were playing the game wrong. I acknowledge it's not perfect, but lets be real here; Gaiden had awful map design, and ALL the maps appear to be unchanged in SoV. Why would IS want to preserve every aspect, right down to the parts people hated? It seems to me they're just desperate to win back all the stuck up snots who can't appreciate the newer games because they can't take off their damn nostalgia glasses and see that most of the older games are COMPLETE GARBAGE compared to the newer games. I once said I wanted this to succeed and for the Echoes line to continue on. I take it back. I want this to be a complete flop. Maybe then, all those snots will finally realize that improvement is actually good for the series. (In all seriousness, I hope it sells well. I just hope IS doesn't discard everything good they've come up with up until now).
I don't think they actually meant anything by that joke. Archers only have a range of 2 in pretty much every FE except Gaiden.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Nah, I'm completely fine.

At least it gave me that perfect mental image though.

Corrin the Dancer. :laugh:
Put in fates randomised, and you could be perfectly fine with lucina as sister, and a dancing male corrin.

Also, the perrie argument is just that. People like harley quinn (Even the new not as deep/developed one), because she's different and crazy. People like camilla for their preference of being swarmed with affection from her persona, loving her brutality, or simply her design.
People even like lissa because she's quirky. Everyone has their subjective right of preference.

Perrie might not be that well developed or done as other characters objectively, but she still has an extreme emotional persona, which people can like. And thats just fine.
Just saying it to let it rest a little. one can explain why they don't like and like a character. Both arguments here I heard are valid are fair, so... yeah. I doubt anyone can or should change peoples opinions, just because they are different~

Not saying that you cant rate a character 'objectively' bad, but you can't make a person dislike what they like.
Noooot saying that anyone does here, just saying it preamtively.

Also, I am weak. I want a blue dancer, and I bought my first few orbs...

Astellius

Smash Ace
My defense of her is that I find her hilarious and totally ridiculous, and also pretty original. Of course her backstory is pretty garbage, but Peri's not meant to be an especially deep or moving character. She's supposed to be absurd. I personally don't think that any sort of backstory would be adequate to produce a character like Peri. It's simply fun (at least for me) to have a side character like that, who runs around crying all the time whilst trying to kill everything. I don't expect everyone to like that, but that's pretty much how taste in characters works. Peri makes me laugh, and that seems an adequate enough reason to like a character.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Alright, so that Echoes trailer that came out yesterday was analyzed. Here's what was found.

This map was not in the original Gaiden. The biggest evidence of that is that, aside from Mycen, there are young versions of Alm, Celica, and the villagers who would later join Alm. I recognize Faye and Kliff. Also, Celica has a little bow on her head. Cute. Anyways, those enemy troops. Those are Zofian troops. When Zofia got rekt by Rigel, a good chunk of it's army defected. As to why they are here, i am absolutely positive they'll mention it in that prologue, but because it might be considered a spoiler, i'll tag it. It's not too big of a spoiler (the trailer even mentioned this) but i'll tag it anyway.
Celica is the princess of Zofia. Zofian troops defected and joined Rigel. Zofian troops are attacking the village where Celica is. Do the math.
If you chose not to view that spoiler, let's just say that it gives a reason as to why Alm and Celica were separated at the beginning of Gaiden.

This, we've already seen before, and with that "talk" bubble that Mae had in a previous screenshot, i am more than positive that Echoes has Support conversations. Especially since here, Supports are being gained between Alm and Faye. And the reason Faye joins the Deliverance is to stay close to him.

Here we see maps that take place in Alm and Celica's routes respectively. The one on the map is likely a rescue mission (note the green unit behind the cell) and we also see a promoted Faye (she promoted into a Paladin). The one on the right is a ship battle (*war flashbacks*).

We get our first look at navigating villages. It doesn't seem that you can navigate them like you could in Gaiden and instead, it's more like a visual novel. To be fair tho, villages in Gaiden had next to nothing in them whereas now they feel like actual villages.

And my theory about getting food from villages was correct.

Any Sacred Stones fans here? The Bonewalker monsters are back.

While Pair-ups and the Weapon Triangle are gone, not everything is. You can still rearrange your units before a battle. I love how far away Leon is compared to everyone else.

This is actually my observation, not the analyzer but, i don't remember those barricades being there. Or anywhere. So, while maps are mostly the same, some things may have changed. Also, yeah, if one of your units dies, their equipment gets sent to the convoy (something that also wasn't in Gaiden iirc). This has always happened but Echoes is the first game to tell you.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Alright, so that Echoes trailer that came out yesterday was analyzed. Here's what was found.

This map was not in the original Gaiden. The biggest evidence of that is that, aside from Mycen, there are young versions of Alm, Celica, and the villagers who would later join Alm. I recognize Faye and Kliff. Also, Celica has a little bow on her head. Cute. Anyways, those enemy troops. Those are Zofian troops. When Zofia got rekt by Rigel, a good chunk of it's army defected. As to why they are here, i am absolutely positive they'll mention it in that prologue, but because it might be considered a spoiler, i'll tag it. It's not too big of a spoiler (the trailer even mentioned this) but i'll tag it anyway.
Celica is the princess of Zofia. Zofian troops defected and joined Rigel. Zofian troops are attacking the village where Celica is. Do the math.
If you chose not to view that spoiler, let's just say that it gives a reason as to why Alm and Celica were separated at the beginning of Gaiden.

This, we've already seen before, and with that "talk" bubble that Mae had in a previous screenshot, i am more than positive that Echoes has Support conversations. Especially since here, Supports are being gained between Alm and Faye. And the reason Faye joins the Deliverance is to stay close to him.

Here we see maps that take place in Alm and Celica's routes respectively. The one on the map is likely a rescue mission (note the green unit behind the cell) and we also see a promoted Faye (she promoted into a Paladin). The one on the right is a ship battle (*war flashbacks*).

We get our first look at navigating villages. It doesn't seem that you can navigate them like you could in Gaiden and instead, it's more like a visual novel. To be fair tho, villages in Gaiden had next to nothing in them whereas now they feel like actual villages.

And my theory about getting food from villages was correct.

Any Sacred Stones fans here? The Bonewalker monsters are back.

While Pair-ups and the Weapon Triangle are gone, not everything is. You can still rearrange your units before a battle. I love how far away Leon is compared to everyone else.

This is actually my observation, not the analyzer but, i don't remember those barricades being there. Or anywhere. So, while maps are mostly the same, some things may have changed. Also, yeah, if one of your units dies, their equipment gets sent to the convoy (something that also wasn't in Gaiden iirc). This has always happened but Echoes is the first game to tell you.
Really getting some nice GBA vibes from Echoes so far. The maps and monsters especially.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Wonderful, even more Echoes screenshots. There's actually a lot of them this time.

So i was right. The prologue gives more reason as to why Alm and Celica were seperated in the first place.

Looking at the bottom screen, Ram Village has certainly gone through some renovation. I remember in Gaiden when Ram Village was literally just a box with two houses.

I sure hope that by "cure fatigue", it just means restore HP. Oh God, i'm already getting war flashbacks from Thracia 776. Also, this seems where you can refresh Mila's Turnwheel.

Ok, so what those Lion's Head springs do, is they permanently increase stats. You can only use each one so many times though, so be careful.

Oh look, there's Clair. She's the second Pegasus Knight. The first one is a promoted Faye.

Slayde, you alright buddy? Did you stub your toe? Also, yeah, just as i thought. Just like in Gaiden, all units can only wield one weapon type. In this case, Paladins are locked to Lances. This is why the Weapon Triangle is gone. Because if it wasn't, the game would be more unbalanced than pre-patch Bayonetta. The only units in Gaiden who could wield two weapon types were Alm (Swords and Bows but only after promoting) and Celica (Swords and Magic).

So yeah, non-generic weapons, such as Steel Lances will give the wielder Skills. Said Skills have to be learned tho.

I'm really loving how they are giving locations their own little descriptions. Because of this, i think Echoes is going to have the best world building out of any Fire Emblem right now.

Oh, so Claws are considered Swords then. That's interesting.

A CG still of Celica recruiting Saber. This game has CG stills for a character recruitment. You know what? I'd argue that Echoes has more effort put into it than Awakening and Fates.

If you're wondering what happened to screenshot 14, screenshot 14 is a spoiler, at least, i'd consider it one for those who haven't played Gaiden. Screenshot 3 was only a really mild spoiler that happens in the prologue. Screenshot 14 is a spoiler that happens at the end of Ch.1. That being said, each chapter in Gaiden/Echoes is equal to like, 5 Chapters, at least gameplay wise. Look at screenshot 15 to see what i mean. You'll noticed how each chapter has you progress through a level.

Oh, and we have our first look at Marth, Roy, and Robin in Echoes!

The Roy Amiibo finally does something!
Uh, Robin?Tomes don't exist in Valentia.
Unlike in Fates, these units are AI controlled and they vanish after a turn. It may seem like a downgrade compared to Fates but at least it's not breaking the immersion. And besides, you can get strategic uses out of them, such as a last minute save or using them as bait to protect a weaker unit.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
I am extremely hype for echoes right now. ESPECIALLY After announcing the removal of pair upi never was a fan of that mechanic

Top Bottom