• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin in 1.1.5

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
SUPPOSEDLY his Fair, Nair, and Uair all got a 1% decrease, which could be seen as a buff, seeing as they will all combo for longer. But on the flip side Uair would kill later. I can't confirm this though, since I'm not currently around my WiiU. If someone wants to check, Fair used to do 8%, Nair used to do 8/6% and Uair did 10%

Last edited:

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
counter was nerfed, fully charged bowser f-smash does 38% used to be 40 or 45 i believe and didnt kill (no di, FD)

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
SUPPOSEDLY his Fair, Nair, and Uair all got a 1% decrease, which could be seen as a buff, seeing as they will all combo for longer. But on the flip side Uair would kill later. I can't confirm this though, since I'm not currently around my WiiU. If someone wants to check, Fair used to do 8%, Nair used to do 8/6% and Uair did 10%
Not necessarily, they can lower the damage output without touching the knock back on the move. IMO this nerf was a bit premature, Corrin mains haven't been doing nearly as well as Clouds and Bayos in tournament.

At the very least I wished they nerfed her counter first, that move's pretty dumb. Unless they nerfed that too.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna say

Nerfs: Counter , U-air.

Buffs: Fair and Nair.

Fair, Nair, U-air all had a decrease of 1% dmg, but this also decreases knock back. This hurts U-air , but helps Fair and Nair which now combo into themselves and other things much easier. and until higher percents (also combos into neutral b easier), but U-air does not kill as early (even though its much easier to combo into). It also could be seen as nerf because less dmg means less shield stun (moves are now slightly less safe). Another thing to note is angle seems to have changed some what with fair (more horizontal). This may be just because of the less knock back though.

Not necessarily, they can lower the damage output without touching the knock back on the move. IMO this nerf was a bit premature, Corrin mains haven't been doing nearly as well as Clouds and Bayos in tournament.

At the very least I wished they nerfed her counter first, that move's pretty dumb. Unless they nerfed that too.
Correct me if im wrong, but I believe knock back is coded to be proportional to each move's dmg in the game. Regardless with corrin knock back for all 3 was decreased and they combo much easier. Aslo counter was indeed nerfed.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
The nerfs aren't too bad they do piss me off and scare me for the future, I love the character too much man, I hope they don't nerf her again :/

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Cor

Correct me if im wrong, but I believe knock back is coded to be proportional to each move's dmg in the game. Regardless with corrin knock back for all 3 was decreased and they combo much easier. Aslo counter was indeed nerfed.
I'll take your word for it until I have time to test it for myself, I'm honestly not too sure on how KB works in the coding. I know they can change the KB growth (RIP Luigi) so I kind of assumed they could change the KB.

They really went trigger happy with the nerf hammer though, Metaknight also got some pretty big, unwarranted nerfs.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
The nerfs aren't too bad they do piss me off and scare me for the future, I love the character too much man, I hope they don't nerf her again :/
ehh, well i mean it can be mostly seen as buffs here. She combos easier now at the cost of dmg and knock back on individual hits. The true nerf is to U-air and counter. Counter I personally almost never used ( unless vs ness), and rarely saw used at top lvl. U-air though will effect corrin some. Yet, the combo potentail and dmg output gained kinda balance it (f-air true combos so easily now).

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
If they nerfed corrin and didn't nerf bayonetta I'm gonna be so pissed off and salty lol

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
We got nothing but nerfs, though Nair functions as a better combo tool now (Nair to Uair is supposedly guaranteed at most %?) and we didn't lose anything valuable.

We can survive this. If anything, this patch benefits us tremendously since all of the top tiers were nerfed.

Last edited:

Zephil

Smash Ace
We got nothing but nerfs, though Nair functions as a better combo tool now (Nair to Uair is supposedly guaranteed at most %?) and we didn't lose anything valuable.

We can survive this. If anything, this patch benefits us tremendously since all of the top tiers were nerfed.
Rosalina always survive these nerfs...

https://twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/709977914402607104
https://twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/709977270853750784
https://twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/709978784657776640

Ok now I am really getting angry

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Annnnd we got a run Speed nerf.

We can manage that too, but sheesh, talk about unnecessary.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Now that one's just bizarre. I can understand nerfing Corrin's aerials because of her aerial combo ability combined with the wide reach of her attacks, but why nerf the DFS shot and ground speed? The shot already loses to everything and their ground momentum is nothing to write home about. Is it to counterbalance their DL mixups?

Wait a tick, how does the damage nerf affect the DFS setups? If the shots deal less damage, that should also mean less knockback. Which could mean Corrin could have an easier time positioning for the followup? But then they also run slower.

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Now that one's just bizarre. I can understand nerfing Corrin's aerials because of her aerial combo ability combined with the wide reach of her attacks, but why nerf the DFS shot and ground speed? The shot already loses to everything and their ground momentum is nothing to write home about. Is it to counterbalance their DL mixups?
The DFS was just for the dmg (34 %) of full charge both (which is a little much). Move speed ya got me there (nerf of .03 going from 1.5 to 1.47 ground speed..... air speed is more important for our combos and is untouched). Corrins aerials have been arguably been buffed by this minus U-air as Corrins combo game has improved even more as damage decrease s= lower knock back (You can true combo fairs into the 80's ish on mario ).

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
calling it now. that run speed nerf is going to make corrin a much worse character. im so salty right now. just unnecssary. nerf counter and maybe uair kill power and we wouldve been fine. but that speed decrease is going to **** with our DFS set ups a lot

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
calling it now. that run speed nerf is going to make corrin a much worse character. im so salty right now. just unnecssary. nerf counter and maybe uair kill power and we wouldve been fine. but that speed decrease is going to **** with our DFS set ups a lot
It is not a large speed nerf. The speed wen to 1.47 from 1.5, a 2% reduction of ground speed. Air speed (more importantly was not touched).

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Suuuuuuure Sakurai, right after I get done with the kill percents of Fair->DFS, Fair->Fair->DFS, Fair->Lunge, and Nair->Uair you go and screw with it all =P I guess I should have the new percents done by the end of the week *sigh*. The good thing is that this MIGHT increase the percent range at which these kill confirms work. We'll see.

arrav

Smash Rookie
Should I be concerned for these nerfs? I just got settled in on Corrin then these changes spring up. Are they as impactful since a lot of other high tiers were nerfed as well?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
So, small update. The Fully Charged DFS -> FootStool -> DAir -> Dragon Lunge IP is still there somewhat. It starts working at 10~% later than before and the IP tech chase requires abit more running, but it's there.

Nothing at low %s, sadly. As for High %, nothing new here. Fully Charged DFS -> RAR BAir/SH Dragon Lunge still work. You'll have to readjust your timing, but they're still there.

Nothing fullscreen, but DFS didn't have fullscreen combos to begin with, lol.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Of course, as soon i buy Corrin, they nerf her. How typical. Was there anything buffed? Man, this bites. WHY SAKURAI WHY?!

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This is what we get when FG kiddies spam smash attacks in neutral, die for it, then go complaining everywhere, goddammit.

Nerfing mobility on a character with already-****ty mobility is too much pls. also uair and neutral b nerfs don't help.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
This is what we get when FG kiddies spam smash attacks in neutral, die for it, then go complaining everywhere, goddammit.

Nerfing mobility on a character with already-****ty mobility is too much pls. also uair and neutral b nerfs don't help.
Dude, how did you get those characters? The website? I forgot.

Bilbao

Smash Rookie
NNID
sebastian.bilbao
3DS FC
2122-6607-0665
They didn't touched the dragon lunge side-b tipper, right?

Last edited:

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
Is corrin a bad character now? :/
Nope. The speed nerfs hurt a little bit, and the counter nerf was inevitable, but otherwise Corrin's still pretty good. Aerials will do less damage and they won't kill as quickly as they did before, but Corrin still has other ways to secure kills.

Deemo

Smash Rookie
I swear a character can never have anything good anymore. That run speed nerf was just plain dumb and makes no sense. Bet you next time their gonna nerf the tipper of Dragon Lunge.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is corrin a bad character now? :/
Hardly, but some of Corrin's attacks do KO later than before. And of course, he's a bit slower on the ground now. For those who are complaining about Corrin's speed nerfs, be very fortunate that he's not Ganondorf slow.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
biggest nerfs:
1. uair (kills later, which is bad)
2. uncharged dfs into tipper side b is hard to pull off now, which is one of corrins best kill set ups.

all in all, the nerf wasnt too bad and it actually doesnt affects corrins gameplay or placement as a character too much.
i really overreacted earlier in this thread xD

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Hardly, but some of Corrin's attacks do KO later than before. And of course, he's a bit slower on the ground now. For those who are complaining about Corrin's speed nerfs, be very fortunate that he's not Ganondorf slow.
biggest nerfs:
1. uair (kills later, which is bad)
2. uncharged dfs into tipper side b is hard to pull off now, which is one of corrins best kill set ups.

all in all, the nerf wasnt too bad and it actually doesnt affects corrins gameplay or placement as a character too much.
i really overreacted earlier in this thread xD
Well that's a relief. A lot of people on discord/twitter have been saying bad things about corrin, cloud, and meta knight.

ESC Artiste

The One Who Smashes All
NNID
Ember
3DS FC
1435-6612-4647
Well, with this patch in mind, it does prove one thing: Daddy Sakurai ain't done with the game yet. The problem is...which patch will be the last.

The dmg Nerf's are buffs for combos, like many of you have said. While I'm a bit miffed that ground speed nerfed-albeit a measly 2%, but I like my speed still, lol-I can get over it with how the air speed stayed the same. Now if Sakurai could buff the air speed, oh the joys I will have f-airing my opponents.

Counter Surge needed a nerf. I'm sorry, but that moved was beyond OP for counters. 1.3xDmg AND 2.57xKBG??? Cmon, Sakurai. At least I can say thank you for nerfing those numbers.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Uncharged DFS to tippered DL seems about the same to me, which is a relief. Also, with the speed nerf I can't seem to replicate the charged DFS to footstool to Dair to DL combo. Corrin doesn't seem to be fast enough to get the footstool off of DFS at 40% anymore, and even if he could I don't think he would be fast enough to follow up with a DL after the dair.

As mentioned before, upair was a pretty big nerf too. However, if DL remains untouched I think we can survive this nerf.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I always hear Dragon Lunge, but isn't f-smash just as good of a follow-up move against paralyzed targets?
If DFS is charged, if it's uncharged you won't have enough time for f-smash to come out. If you're close enough with a charged DFS, then yes, tippered f-smash is the optimal option to go for.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Does uncharged DFS to a full charged bite still work, and is it even a reliable way of killing?

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Does uncharged DFS to a full charged bite still work, and is it even a reliable way of killing?
Doesn't kill as early as it used to but I can still manage it. Really annoyed with the run/walk speed nerf though. Gonna be doing a lot of short hop bairs to get around now.

Top Bottom