• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin has the best Counter ?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Unfortunately the aerial command grab has a lot of startup on it
I'm about 99.9% sure that the grab box comes out at least by frame 63 of Corrins CS which is when s/he can act out of it. So really it comes down to being prepared, having a plan and baiting it out properly

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
I suppose, but when I died I went up so fast it didn't even look like I would be able to DI to survive if it were any ceiling height really
It probably wouldn't matter anyway. Be careful with uairs. Always bait as if your opponent airdodges everything or only go for the guaranteed ones, aerial counter surge combos into uair if the Corrin has a jump to use so even if it would be survivable the good Corrins will get an uair at the top of the screen that probably won't be survivable.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Can Corrin's counter whiff/miss the opponent like Shulk's and Little Mac's? It seems pretty reliable AND powerful. Near the ceiling it's crazy. I'd say it has a decent chance of being the best.
The hitbox is terrible underneath Corrin. So for character with large, disjointed Up-Airs, they can juggle Corrin without fear of being countered (when spaced).
All the Fire emblem characters in particular are good at this. Same for the Links, Falcon, and ZSS.
Be careful anyway because, as everyone knows now, Corrin's counter is something that must be respected at all times.
Oh, be really careful with multi-hit moves too as some of them have hitboxes with high knockback. I countered a Falco FAir (not even the last hit, just a random hit in the middle) and the Falco died before 100%.

EDIT: I should probably put my opinion in here too. At a low level, I'd say Corrin's counter is debatably the best in the game, since it can KO at ludicrous percents.
However, at a high/top level, Witch Time is by far the best counter in the game. It gives Bayonetta an easy setup for her plethora of 0-deaths, and has much better frame data (FAF is 45 compared to most counters which have a FAF of at least 60). Add in the fact that, if fairly fresh the opponent is frozen for about two seconds, and it's debatably better even at lower level play due to it still being able to lead to ~40% punish at low %s and death past 60.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
CORRIN COUNTER NERFED BOYS - I BELIEVE FROM 1.3X MULTIPLIER TO 1.2X
Oh no. Whatever shall we do without our oh so powerful kills-opponents-who-fully-smashes counter now?
Seriously, though, maybe this'll get people to finally stop complaining about it now.
It'll still get used maybe only once a match...

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
This nerf stopped people from exploding with anger.
Now, when I counter, my opponent hold the anger inside himself, and lets it consume him.He becomes a shell of his former self, and throughout his life the question will haunt him.
"Why did I try to follow up with that aerial?"
So.Still the best counter imo, even with this nerf.
In fact, now at least nobody can complain.

Top Bottom