• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin and Bayonetta Confirmed Release Date!

Who will you play as first?

• Bayonetta

Votes: 228 43.8%
  • Corrin

Votes: 293 56.2%

• Total voters
Niconico Tokaigi has been an incredibly exciting event, with some intense matches and another very special reveal. After a previously announced exhibition match featuring Corrin and Bayonetta, the two characters were confirmed for a February 4th release in Japan, which means a February 3rd release in the United States!

Excited to hear this announcement? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for more breaking Smash news!

Comments

This is great news and all (and right out of nowhere), but can we get a moment of silence for Wolf and Etika's "nuts" (R.I.P.)?

Dang, more people want to try out Corrin than Bayonetta. I mean I was way more hyped for Corrin since I didn't know Bayonetta that much, but I didn't expect this to be the result.

I haven't played any Bayonetta or Fire Emblem games so I don't have any emotional attachment to their series. So just looking at their appearance and style in sm4sh, I prefer Corrin at a glance.

Unlikely they'll be a new main since there's many other characters I love more, but you never know until you play them. After all, I wasn't expecting Charizard in Sm4sh to feel so natural to the point of feeling as comfortable with him as I do with Link (who I learned smash on). Perhaps the same could happen for Corrin and/or Bayonetta. As Charizard isn't one of those "MUST PLAY!" characters, I just merely like him a bunch.

Everybody keep your hype in check for a new legal stage.
We don't know yet if the umbra clock tower will be legal!
The footage shown is from the omega version!

Judging from the smash direct it does look so promising though. Can't keep my own hype in check.

This is gonna be fun. Damn near all the top Robins are planning on picking up Corrin as well, and everyone's already mobilizing to be ready for Wednesday.

The prince's--or princess', if you so incline--meta is going to hit the ground running.

I am so excited :D I wasn't expecting them so soon!
I want to main them both if they appeal to me. I even set myself free from work on 4th and 5th february XD

Kind of surreal to know that this is the final stop on the Sm4sh hype train. For give or take three years now the world has been waiting, speculating, and hoping for their desired changes/additions, and this is it. The end all be all. Godspeed.

Definitely hyped to see what Baeonetta and Corn are capable of, as well what the presumed balance patch will bring to the table.

Last edited:
OMG...HYPE TRAIN. Last balance patch people. Here we go... Unfortunately, I don`t have enough money to buy both characters, but I'm more excited for Bayonetta than Corrin. I'm gonna wait for Corrin since I'm a bit skeptical about his playstyle. If he's not that good, than I won't buy him.

D
[deleting]

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody keep your hype in check for a new legal stage.
We don't know yet if the umbra clock tower will be legal!
The footage shown is from the omega version!

Judging from the smash direct it does look so promising though. Can't keep my own hype in check.
Here's the non Omega version, looks very legal like a Town and City on steroids and with high ceiling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goq3xeCyud4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
(sorry for not embed. on mobile atm)

End of the line everyone, watch the gap as you exit the hype train. Its been a pleasure serving with all of you on this iteration of the smash hype train... i hope to see you all again next time!

20160104_184138.jpg
If you still hasn't gotten over the final roster, get over ir already.
Even Chrom got over it, and he's laughing at you.

Last edited:
I feel really mixed about this. Super excited for the new content but very sad knowing this is it. It's been a great few years of support.

I hope everyone enjoys the temporary stop as we refuel the Hype Train (I know I will, Corrin looks incredible). Just remember, even if it doesn't come out this year as rumored, we will be departing again soon enough for Smash NX.

Prepares to load the Melee HD Hype Train*
Prepares to load the Smash 4 GOTY Hype Train*
Prepares to load the Smash 5 Hype Train*

Top Bottom