• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool GnW Combo/Kill

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Utilt is kinda situational really. But given the right situation is can help a lot. This is based off what I've seen. I don't really ever use it.

Well I guess Judgement is situational too...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This is silly, but it has taught me one thing:

Nair (1 hit only) combos into utilt (which i never use).
The GIMR Combo:

First hit of N-air
U-tilt
U-tilt
full hop N-air
Double jump N-air
Up-B

I wanna see that from you at VC8 :chuckle:

Splice

Smash Hero
I never use Utilt and say that it is quite bad but whenever I see any of you guys use it in your matches I get jealous :c

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
usually dosen't work, cause it only depends on your opponents DI. :(
Well, not entirely true, I want to add. It depends if you caught them during your fastest walk animation while they are near or off the ledge. Then, if you Dthrow them, they will get spiked if they DON'T DI. The spike can always be stopped if they DI behind you for this, but they don't need to DI off the stage for this to work.

I think it isn't unreasonable to land this on SV's platform, since the moving helps.

Splice

Smash Hero
At lower %'s and in fact even at around 70%, its better for some characters to DI off platforms or even the stage so they get spiked because they can hit GaW with an airial as they fall and GaW can't actually punish them after the spike, although that may be character dependant.

The MK main I play often always DI's so he gets spiked and not once has it ever been a bad choice for him because there isn't anything I can do except UpB away if I expect it.

Top Bottom