• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Control Freak - FalseFalco's combo video

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
He used a VCR, the second that i was in it was a tourney match. If I was to make a combo video I don't think I would bring a whole VCR to a tourney, but carl is a dedicated kind of guy.
many people do it, it's not just carl. if you want to tape schwag, you need a digicam or a vcr, and not everybody has a digicam with a tripod. vcr is usually easier.

Damax

Smash Lord
j'ai pas encore eu cette honneur :laugh:

Tu parles francais hin? 0_0

Mais sinon j'ai pas vrmt joué encore bc de gens :(

Thatguy, Wak,melaf, elef,dark_cool, swordgard and his friend.

That's all I think

Ah also nox? and jim but It was last year.
Play some of the EC elites before saying WC has best (whatever char) in canada you'r supposed to be on our side.

traduction: joue ac des elite de east coast avant de dire des **** come omg wc a le meilleur "character name" du canada, t supposer etre de notre bord.

Black_jo

Smash Journeyman
Play some of the EC elites before saying WC has best (whatever char) in canada you'r supposed to be on our side.

traduction: joue ac des elite de east coast avant de dire des **** come omg wc a le meilleur "character name" du canada, t supposer etre de notre bord.
j'ai mis best falco du canada avec un "?" bien clair.

Mais le falco de Bam est sexy cest vrai

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Wow, amazing Falco. It really makes me wish I'd had a chance to face you a couple times at the trans canada tourny, I'm sure I woulda learned a lot. Keep it up man.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Great vid False, i was wondering if it was ok to put up ur vid on google, i need to get this vid on my ipod, that is unless ur gonna put it up yourself.

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
That was a great video, like a work of art. Fluid and rapid movement. Was surprised i didn't get a seizure with all your lasers. Great combo's and I loved the shine to UpB. I also liked the way you suicided in some of your kills ^^. Awesome video.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
i have some criticisms, but i'm guessing you've already heard them before, so i'll just say nice tech chasing(honest compliment) =p wish i could delete the post, but forums dont allow that.
Criticize away!

I assure you, you won't be able to offend me.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
like i said, most of the criticisms i have have almost undoubtedly already been made(they're valid combos that work on some people no matter what, however). the only thing other than those is that there's almost no combos on samus/jiggs/peach/etc. i'd be interested to see how you combo them.

some of your combos almost seem like you plug in whatever moves you feel will work right away, sort of working at random as it comes to you, freestyling in a sense. which isn't necessarily a bad thing. it can be, in certain situations, though. take that as you will, it's not exactly a real criticism(it's more like an observation) and it might not even be right. example(i guess, kind of hard to remember my thought processes when i watched the video so i'm looking now): fox techs, you upsmash. not a bad move at all as you can combo from it, but others would have been more 'practical.' ie downtilt, uptilt, dash attack, down air, etc. but as you said in the beginning of this thread you sacrifice practicality for flashiness, or something like that.

only other one that comes to mind(it's been two days since i watched) is to not shine your opponents when they're grounded. this causes them to pop up in a "recovered" state, in which their second jump and air dodge give them more height. not only that but they can attack whenever. maybe there's some reason you like them in that position, i'm not sure.

how you combo is really a personal decision that's hard to criticise as long as it's not below other systems in effectiveness, which yours isn't. it's pretty effective, but if you were to get used to comboing like that you'd have to make a transition when playing very high level players. i'm assuming that's not a problem, from oc2.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
FalseFalco got 17th or something at OC2 I think...?

He lost to forward and mew2king...? Not sure.

In any case I think his way of comboing is no less worse than anyone else's.

M0N7R053

Smash Rookie
i liked it. split second skill and tech-ready. watching videos on youtube gets you used to horrid picture so the full screen liquid motion was great. well, I don't like techno or whatever the soundtrack was... and the opponents looked way easy by comparison. aww **** it; it's still cool

Top Bottom