• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conquer That Mountain!! Ice Climbers Stage Talk/FAQ *Norfair*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lain

Smash Master
Don't play on Norfair unless you are able to proficiently aerial around people and space them out well, ONTOP of being able to cg on platforms (something I can't do LOL)

I either ban this stage, or I pick DDD if there was a bigger threat to ban.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
as an IC who doesn't use CGs even i find norfair unbearable. the constant lava changes and the ledges make approaching your opponent a nightmare. and when the capsule comes up forget about it. i find RC better than this and RC just ruins the ICs. 1/5. hell, 1/10 for norfair.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
o my god i hate norfair when youve finally conquered to grab someone the lava always ****s it up thats why i always use another character when it comes to Norfair happy people
Norfair 1/5

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
i usually just cg them til the lava starts flowing and nana fairs them into the lava. if you do manage a grab, throw them to the lava. Bomb people....dunno yet

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
as an IC who doesn't use CGs even i find norfair unbearable. the constant lava changes and the ledges make approaching your opponent a nightmare. and when the capsule comes up forget about it. i find RC better than this and RC just ruins the ICs. 1/5. hell, 1/10 for norfair.
You're not supposed to go in the capsule. You're supposed to shield the lava, let the other person go in, and UpAir the hell out of them. :]

It's still a pretty bad ICs stage if you like to chaingrab a lot. 3/10. Use UpAir a lot here.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Norfair's platform arrangement really works against the ICs here. Three different altitudes means that anyone who can platform camp you will do so, and the lack of wides spaces neutralizes not only most of your chaingrabs (B-throws could work barring any interference from hazards), but also whatever camping ability the ICs have (Ice Shots don't have much room to travel before falling, and there are also extra platforms for others to escape to). Anyone who mains the ICs knows that they don't have a very good aerial game, and on Norfair, only U-air is good for attacking campers from below, or as Kawaii Bunny mentioned, picking off players who retreat into the capsule. Speaking of, the stage's hazards are still easy to see coming and avoid, and the smart player can use them to give the ICs at least a little breathing room. However, you can't always count on a particular hazard to show up to help you.

I'd give this stage a 1.5/5, if only for the fact that the stage's hazards could benefit you on occasion (i.e. sneak-attacks sending opponents into lava for extra damage, or U-airing people trapped in the capsule). Everything else works against the ICs, and it would be wiser to either ban this stage ahead of time or use a different character.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Smashville... Eh I dunno. It might have looked 5/5 then, but I think now it looks more like 2/5 for a lot of characters.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Smashville is heaven =D

Norfair on the other hand is a bit harsh on ICs in my opinion. The platforms aren't big enough for certain chaingrabs/Ice-Locking and so many other characters excel on this stage such as G&W. The one thing I will say is that you can do some sexy recoveries with the Squall Hammers ;P

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Smashville is a great stage for me when close combat people get irritating such as ike there is a platform to safe the day 4/5
and norfair sucks for IC's
you almost cant do any chaingrabs and if you do the lava comes up and screws you
1/5

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Is this thread even still being updated anymore? If not, I'm not really sure if it should be stickied...Or someone else could take over the thread.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'll take it over if no one else does. I'll make the new thread today or tommorow.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Bye byeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom