• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Ahhhhh yeah i kno.

Connor got 2-0ed on the recording TV by Tofu, and right after me and Tofu played on that TV until his next match in the bracket. The Peach was green right (I think I might have gone red)? So Tofu vs the Peach (me) was not tourney.

MacD

Banned via Administration
I would have rather eaten the birds nest than the Pho.
i agree, like the pho was ok, but the birds next and whatever jenny got looked really good, and jenny's tasted good, yea for sharing

oh yeah, thank you, Jenny, JDM, Festizzio, Plan 9, and Atlus for the birthday presents :) and Emerican for being really cool and volunteering to help me clean stuff up

and thanks to everyone who came!
JDM's 200 dollar gamestop gift card... man that was too funny

i think my favorite part of the tourny was finding out kouryuu has an inner peach player in him... i'm sorry but once again ken's peach theory applies... well sorta, and whenever i talk to you about peach kouryuu, i learn a lot in like i swear 5 min

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
ken's peach theory is basically "players' characters represent themselves," which any idiot could figure out

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
the problem a lot of people have when it comes to helping others is that they help others in the vein that they themselves play the game, not necessarily in a universally effective manner

not speaking about kouryuu specifically, but i overheard steven trying to help a new falco player, telling him not to be as aggressive when his tech skill isn't on point

but that's self-defeatist because one, you have to be aggressive (at least somewhat) in order to force your opponent to make mistakes because good players will never make mistakes out of the blue, and two, you're never gonna get your tech skill on point if you don't put yourself in that position in the first place. cause the one time you really need it, you're not going to have confidence in it and you're going to be sloppy with it

just saying

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Yeah, I told MacD to ask Bone for his perspective if he shows up for Mango Juice. Most of the things I do with Peach are preference based and sometimes not the best option. I even choose my counterpicks based on preference.

bbb

Smash Champion
lol, when people ask me about melee I tell them about things other people (usually good people) do as well as what I do

whether or not I've ever actually helped someone's game is a subject of great debate

araknophobik

Smash Master
It was nice seeing everyone sorry i was only there for an hr i wanted to come earlier but i had something to do ;)
and i had a mariachi gig that started at 7 so i had to leave
but yeah
feztizzio: always fun doing friendlys with you lol
ness/falco players i had friendlys with: good games =]
MacD: i wanted to see who the new peach in town was. fun games. wish we wouldve MM. don't get frustrated over the peach ditto's and say "theres no peaches to ditto against" just play kouryuu when you attend tournies im the only who doesn't have peaches to play against =[[
p.s i would've won that first match with my sheik if i had platforms >=O lol
kouryuu: i wanted to MM you but you were in teams finals. oh wells. i actually wanted to team with you and do double peach but connor told me you 2 were teaming. maybe we should try it tho. edrees/bone 2.0
kendrick: you got better. my sheik panics when it gets off the stage. still ***** you with my peach tho. i think my marth is actually my best char now but i suck at ditto's
adam: i really wanted to MM you when you asked who wanted to MM and i said me i was hoping youd of jumped on the tv i was on and did it right there =[

GSUB

Smash Lord
SENG: gg's, your marth ***** my secondaries (Sheik/falcon) but my jiggs and peach did some good work ;) and my doc was surprisingly good too. you play pretty smart :p thos uairs to utilts f'd me up.

MacD: Lol those friendlies doubles were fun. I'm surprised we did that well against embrace/plan9 and the other teams we played. I wasnt paying attention to your zelda but it was kicking a**. Soild team =)

embrace: good doubles frinedlies. nair to rested nana for the win, then both. those down throws to upsmashs ***** me though. i'm sure i wouldve gotten ***** if you went sheik though. good ic's practice.

sherigami: nice teaming with you =D and thanks for that super cozy jacket. it kept me warm in the cold of the night. haha.

marthpwnzor: it was good seeing you again and talking to you, andddd teaminggg. seriously, find a secondary. you're marth was good but a lil sloppy cause you havent played in awhile. keep it up

pyschomidget fun friendlies and fun doubles!! my peach on your falcon was fun. you came back with a stupid forward air! i liked your live stream johns too. lol. you're fun talking to also ;) i<3jiggs

idk?? :/ i teamed with you outside and you had shaggy hair. fun times. thankss.

connor: way2host;] my peach stood a chance, but my jiggs... got *****. what must i do to get better?? upthrow to uair ***** mee.

kouryuu: watching your peach was fun. i was next to you while you were playing connor :p

p: lol. you took my friends money. good s***.

futile:i like your falcon. fun to watch =)

Everyone else: Good seeing you all and good games.

SoCal Community is too good.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was pretty bomb even though I didn't get to enter ne thing =/. But friendlies and chillin wit smashers and such was fun. GGs to all the people I got to play. o and Gsub yea it was fun playing until we got kicked off. happy bday connor =D

MacD

Banned via Administration
i wish i would have gotten to see all you're peaches play people, see what you guys do

i never will play zelda in singles unless we've been playing a lot and i want to mess around, she's fun in teams because i can be stupid and sucky and get punished uber hard, but it was nice to put a face to the name gsub

to p/kouryuu i always take advice with a grain of salt... i like hearing different ideas but at times i'm like, hmmmm maybe, but i hate my edge gaurding right now, like i said, it's sooooo hard to run then turn around asap and get floating without either taking to much time or end up still facing forward and getting punished for it

i feel like i wasn't playing my absolute best at this tourny, still well though not like i was going to be able to beat connor or emerican, maybe that's what to full days of smash right before did to me... mango juice i'm bringing my A+ game

and zhu... i want my controller back... i miss my tennis ball, although you're probably going to be like i want to use it for mango juice because it's such a good controller

and araknophobik (fabian right?) sometime after we played, i had to play connor and i went mute city and he went peach so we did a peach ditto, i won so i guess thanks for that warm up practice, and trust me, i'm not the new peach in town yet... well at least not in the sense of old westerns where the new guy in town is supposed to be able to keep up with/beat the others

since i guess these are like my shoutouts, sherigami, we did ok, next time gotta do better, something was off i think, i know we can do better

p, you randomly bust out your falcon and beat me... guess i need to learn that match up or you're just good with him too

fez we need to play more pika peach... i thought those were going to suck but there were actually fun somehow... weird

steven i want to play you not in teams, see what happens, we've never played i don't think... but i'll cheer for you next time... unless it's against like kouryuu or something

connor good food and stuff, host again like the week after mango juice... yeah???

i bet there's more but... idk

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
yeah, P always smash DIs out of it and tells me to "respect my DI son" so I always go for bair against him at high percent now :(

oh yeah, I want to host a tournament on Cameron's birthday to celebrate. but it conflicts with Race's tournament. should I still do it?

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
YES! Race's tourney isn't melee only, and we just get the corner :(

ALSO

ATTENTION EVERYBODY, I LEFT A SILVER CONTROLLER AT THIS TOURNAMENT WITH THE WORD "DESU" CARVED ON THE BACK. IF YOU FIND IT, PLEASE TELL ME. IT WAS NOT AT THE VENUE WHEN I RETURNED AFTER EATING PHO.

If you have a silver controller, please check to see if it is mine, as you may have taken mine and left yours at the tournament, because there were 2 extra controllers at the end.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wtf, Cameron's birthday is April 18th.

WE MUST HAVE A TOURNAMENT TO CELEBRATE PLAN 9/CAMERON'S BIRTHDAY

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Race said if he has Melee, we can set it up in the back yard or something. I also want to enter his SF4 tournament... but if he doesn't have Melee or we don't get the backyard, then I'm all for a separate tourney to celebrate their Bdays. We can also go out to eat Pho right after :)

Lovage

Smash Hero
full results?
good shiz socal

btw if yall talking about smash di....better get at jfox...i cant fukken waveshine grab his peach ....or drill....or uair hes crazy LOL

Top Bottom