• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I was working with my dad all of winter break so far. If I'm not on AIM it's because I am not home. I can't do anything until the weekend, which would be going to this tourney.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you prolly should find another ride for this tourny because i'm pretty sure i'm going to 805 a couple of days before

Lovage

Smash Hero
im starting to get hype for this tourny, i think it might ****

also, anyone for lightning melee MM's? tofu? $1 all

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Connor you never responded on AIM so I'm going to post it here...

Me and Tofu are going to team for this. Look for another partner. Sorry kiddo but Tofu takes ultimate priority in being my teammate.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
it's cool. I'll just find someone else to team with/beat you with. lol

also, I really want to apologize to everyone for the venue fee. I always feel like a ***** when I ask for venue fee. so sorry :(

Sleepy

Smash Ace
it's cool. I'll just find someone else to team with/beat you with. lol

also, I really want to apologize to everyone for the venue fee. I always feel like a ***** when I ask for venue fee. so sorry :(
not really something that matters, your house we use your electricity and utilities.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
okay, thanks for making me feel less guilty. I need TVs and Cubes!

I'm kinda scared there won't be enough room....what do you guys think?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well i think cameron is coming

so i dont wanna team with him

cause we **** u guys

so jdm lets team maybe =D

or aznforce

or lovage

unless cameron starts crying

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
don't bring 64, there's no room for it

ps connor fix the rules, why is kongo jungle banned, and when people play each other in losers or grand finals for the second time, the loser of the original set has to win 2 sets and the winner 1 set

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Forget the continuation rule. They discontinued that rule a long time ago.

No one does it anymore.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Forget the continuation rule. They discontinued that rule a long time ago.

No one does it anymore.
i'm pretty sure it's standard

dude, think about it. it makes perfect sense. why should the person who ALREADY won in losers be put no equal footing the next time they play, as if the first win counted for nothing? it's only fair that if i already beat you in one set, you have to beat me twice -- you have the advantage of already playing me, a fresh set of counterpicks, etc. it's easier for the loser to adjust than the winner...

there's ALWAYS been either you have to win two sets or you make it a best of 11, with the previous set counting over. either one is fair to me, but one of them has to be included.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I don't think I've ever been to a tournament where they didn't make it so that the loser had to win two sets to win Grand Finals.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Well, I guess.

I know that in the Grand Finals, the player that is coming from the losers bracket has to win two sets, regardless of who he plays. That's always been the case.

However, I really don't mind that much whether tournaments have the continuation rule or not. I just can't remember the last tournament I've been to where they had the continuation rule.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol @ for once

connor, if there's not enough space tell (not ask) your parents for more room, cause more room for more people equals more money

that's the language asians speak

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
^ LMAO!

Anyway, I think space will not be an issue. If it does become an issue, we'll just open the garage door.

Top Bottom