• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CONNECTICUT Smashers / Smashfests !

jibgilmon

Smash Rookie
slox you never responded to my text hahaha

and yo to the guys at yale, me and my friends go to UB, and we would deff drive out there some night

S l o X

Smash Champion
i don't have a phone / you have to tell me when you text me because i have to tell my gf.

respond to my msg on fb.

jibgilmon

Smash Rookie
i don't have a phone / you have to tell me when you text me because i have to tell my gf.

respond to my msg on fb.
responded to message. and lol a week ago i txted u at the number u posted at the start of this thread xD

bliu12

Smash Apprentice
does anyone play at UConn? im gonna be on spring break starting the 24th and i was probably gonna visit some friends there

S l o X

Smash Champion
Smashfest @ Vortex Gaming in Waterbury, CT today. I'm there now. Hopefully you guys can make it. Address is in the Console Tournament Listings > Atlantic North > SWAGG III venue.

Deviance

Smash Rookie
Hey, names Deviance I'm from New Britain, CT but I'm usually all over the place. Let me know if anyone sets anything up can PM for cell number thanks guys.

S l o X

Smash Champion
There's tons of players in New Britain. Again, if you have a facebook add me. I guarantee you'll be playing very often if you live in NB, rofl.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
hey guys, I don't know how active this thread is, but I am trying to start somewhere.. I am hosting a large scale tourney, but because of how inactive my thread is nobody knows it's listing. I would post the link, but I don't wanna get in trouble.

I am from Western MA, and am very close to CT, I am looking for people to possibly play Melee with as well. I need to train, as the tourney I am hosting is both Melee and Brawl, and I haven't been good at Melee for a long time. So if anyone wants to play, or is interested in the huge event I'm hostin, plz let me know.

S l o X

Smash Champion
ct is more active than ever (Melee) maybe we can even get some new people in by bumping this thread whenever there is a smashfest.

there are literally (yes, literally) smashfests every day in new britain area and we play pretty often down by stratford / branford / bridgeport / fairfield area.

we even have ct only tournaments to "decide" rankings that will continue even though we will soon have a panel to decide it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
hey slox, you know anyone who would have use for a CRT? I'm moving cross country in a couple weeks and don't wanna bother with my bigger and older CRT, but it's still a good smash TV, so if anyone would want it, lemme know and I'll just give them it.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hey slox, you know anyone who would have use for a CRT? I'm moving cross country in a couple weeks and don't wanna bother with my bigger and older CRT, but it's still a good smash TV, so if anyone would want it, lemme know and I'll just give them it.
where to? Did you get into riot?

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I posted in this forum before.

I live in CT (Stamford) and have ap retty big group of smashers. We play Melee, SDR, PM, and 64.

Please give me some info on where you all meet up.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
I'll see if my friend is willing to drive us all there. If not, some of us may take a train there. I don't know.

We kinda dropped melee for SDR and were trying to increase some interest in the area. But we'll still play melee if you'd like. We'll bring SDR and PM so you can all try it out sometime. We are usually at NCC but you need a student ID to get in the student activities. -_- We need a spot.

how do yall get sd remix?
Just followed the instructions in the thread. ;)

S l o X

Smash Champion
crush, pls stay in ma.

also, melee >
(tho im willing to body people with terrible characters in sdr)

we have a big melee group that plays often and we're all in a facebook group that is pretty active. let me know if you want me to add you to it.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
wat thread?? :sadeyes: linck??

:bee:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324620
http://smashmods.com/forum/thread-5366.html

crush, pls stay in ma.

also, melee >
(tho im willing to body people with terrible characters in sdr)

we have a big melee group that plays often and we're all in a facebook group that is pretty active. let me know if you want me to add you to it.
I'll send you all of our Facebooks for an invite.

We are treating SDR like an Official patch and putting more time into this game than regular melee and are out to try and spread interest of the patched game to others. We all main Mid-Low tier characters hence why it feels great to get a balance patch that fixes all the flaws that nintendont (I play fighters so I don't mind and I am used to revisions/patches). It wasn't fun having to watch a friend of ours get chain grabbed three times in one match by Sheik. It almost made him quit the game (he mains Yoshi). We all suffered very bad match ups and we did not want to use the higher tier characters just to stand a chance. That just the took the fun away from character picking.

Once again, we wouldn't mind playing regular Melee with you guys, but SDR is where it's at for us from now on.

S l o X

Smash Champion
It's all good, I'm down to play whatever as long as it looks like Melee.

I can't say the same for everybody but I think the few people who play down here have the same mentality.

I also main Sheik but I'm nice about not bodying people with her unless its tournament and I play all 26 characters really well.

Top Bottom