• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CONNECTICUT Smashers / Smashfests !

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yeah like the best I could today is offer my place. which is 1.5 hrs away from you. That would be myself, you and slox(very likely). Its a trek for lack of a better term.

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
I know Slox was talking CT power rankings some while ago but did this ever happen. I put forward the notion that we make a bunch of hype about HAB being the best G&W player in the world to stir **** up.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I was but honestly we don't have enough good players to be worrying about who's the best in CT. We should be worrying about who's the best in NE and becoming the best in NE.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of entering my next tournament as RoomBested. Just a thought though. And I'll get on those New England Power Rankings some day.

:phone:

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
People gotta stop scrambling my name around.
@Thanos: Yeah we should play sometime. Me and Larz have midterms right now but once those are done, we might be going to some smashfests and stuff, hopefully see you there.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Opening up my house on Wednesday afternoons for anyone who's willing to take the trip out to the middle of nowhere.

I'm basically the scrubbiest of scrubs, so anything would be helpful

S l o X

Smash Champion
just practice basic things everyday for an hour or two (+ break).

also: smashfest in stratford friday until basically sat.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here near Simsbury, Canton, central CT? Sounds like most of you are southern/SE CT. Wouldn't mind playing someone once in a while.

jibgilmon

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm new here, but my names Josh (nick name is Gelmo, doesn't matter though). I go to school in Bridgeport. Me and some of my friends play here just about every night, and we're looking to meet up with you guys some time to see what the pros are like

xYeti

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody. Just found out about this thread, and I'm pretty excited to see there's a smash community in CT (I moved here about a year ago, and thought it was nonexistent) I'm still in high school, but I'm not bad at smash. I'm just looking to play at any minor tournaments or smash fests that are near my area. Thanks

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody. Just found out about this thread, and I'm pretty excited to see there's a smash community in CT (I moved here about a year ago, and thought it was nonexistent) I'm still in high school, but I'm not bad at smash. I'm just looking to play at any minor tournaments or smash fests that are near my area. Thanks
Ayyy a fellow high schooler! Good to see more CT smashers, where do you live in CT?

xYeti

Smash Rookie
Yesss, there's more than one, hahah. And Southington, central CT pretty much. What about you?

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Haha I'm like 5 minutes from Hartford, so we live about 35 minutes apart. But we should chill at a smashfest/tournament sometime, there aren't too many high school smashers around here. Who do you main?

xYeti

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure really, I've never really had a steady main haha. I play a lot of Young Link, and Fox. Basically whoever I feel like playing at the time. I'm guessing you main Puff?

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Haha yup I'm a big puff fan, lately I've been doing a lot of work with marth. Same spacing and edgeguarding concept, plus marth is just more fun. Looking forward to playing you at a tournament, have you been to any yet?

xYeti

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I haven't. I've been trying to find tournaments to play in for awhile now, I was so pumped when I found this thread.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'm still in High School too. Also, I live @ 600 Harral Avenue in Bridgeport. Close to downtown / the train station but I don't really ever plan on hosting so if you have a place where we could play @ UB then that's cool and I'm definitely down.

noobird

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone at Yale play smash? I'm visiting next Saturday-Monday (18th - 20th) for yesw and was wondering if i could get some melee in.

QPAC

Smash Rookie
YES, NOOBIRD, we're always down to play. PM me, and we'll hammer the details out. Always glad to find a fellow Smasher (also, choose Yale)!

microeyes

Smash Rookie
Wait, so there are actually people at Yale who play melee? I'm a freshman and I've been looking for people to play with since the fall. All of my friends here only play 64 or brawl (and not even that often), which kinda sucks...

Also, great to finally use this account.

QPAC

Smash Rookie
Yes, microeyes, we Melee players do exist (most of us are in Morse). If you want to play some time, shoot me a PM. We're almost always down to play a few (read: play for hours on end), especially with people who aren't in our group.

S l o X

Smash Champion
It's so funny how many people don't post. If you don't post, you'll never find someone to play with. For every spot in CT there is at least ONE person in that area. Don't hold back. Make a thread, a post, anything and try to get started. You lose nothing in doing so. (: Welcome to the CT Smash community guys.

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
It's so funny how many people don't post. If you don't post, you'll never find someone to play with. For every spot in CT there is at least ONE person in that area. Don't hold back. Make a thread, a post, anything and try to get started. You lose nothing in doing so. (: Welcome to the CT Smash community guys.
Someone should make a map/chart of player activity in CT. That would be pretty sick. (and CT isnt that big so logistically its not impossible)

Top Bottom