• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I don't think I'm talking about the same stuff everyone else is, oh well

if you don't want to travel because you can't or you have other priorities, do the other priorities? This isn't a very hard concept, luls
that's what's good, cort.
but travel <3
guess who has every finals match from tipped off except for the ones with col bol or chops in them?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Speaking of OC2, I don't know if I ever said this, but I was extremely proud when I saw that Cort placed 9th. I suppose that's a weird sentiment to have since I had nothing to do with it, but still.

SleepyK

I understand, jam.

Cort's like a son to me
in the sense that I'm an incestuous father who traveled forward in time after he was conceived and made love to him

It's taking exceptionally long to rip the dvds, so i'll put up a stream of the last day's dvd while i'm ripping the earlier ones.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
The idea of "you can only get so much better inside of CT" is pretty much a load of crap because I'm pretty sure the East Coast > West Coast.

I suppose you do not care about the rest of CT aside from Mogwai, Mike $, ZK, and Awsmsean....right? That is after all what you said....

Because you're definitely building up the impression that you are disgusted with people who don't want to travel for Melee.

You do what YOU want. That's fine. No one has any problem with what you and other people want to do but don't rain on our parade if some of us don't want to do it. That's all there is to it. Good day sir.
1. that logic is fail. duh the east coast ***** west but doesnt mean i can go anywhere and get better.

2. WTF are you talkin about? I never mentioned them except on how much money we've probably spent. who do i look like, you? i'm not gonna post a list of "i only like x people". thats middle school ****.

3. No. Your just bad at interpreting. I'm not disgusted with anyone. I actually got offended when people were bashing the smashbus (and traveling in general) to the point where it became insulting and made it seem as if anyone who wanted to do it was dumb. Then all of a sudden, when people started counter attacking, ppl changed their tones and lightened up, with all the "na, i used to travel, its ok, i just have other obligations" bull****.

4. o? you mean like how you've been raining on the parade of everyone who thught differently than you?
Jam Stunna;6403202 I'm definitely not knocking the willingness to travel. I think one of the best aspects of the Smash community is how it's so close-knit across a country as huge as the US. But travel is not for everyone. [/QUOTE said:
this. i realize some people can't travel, but to knock isnt what should be going on
ddaaayyyyuuummmm
I think it's your choice if you want to travel or not, I just don't think you should rag on others for doing it.
this. esp if u you "dont play this game anymore"

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So I was playing Brawl today because I was too lazy to switch it out and play melee, when my brother walked by.

I told him to switch my disc for me and we'd play.

He said, "Nah, I'm too lazy, lets just play Brawl."

Then I beat him a bunch of times and stuff.

Then he got frustrated and refused to play with me the rest of the day.

So I was bored and started doing algorithms and equation to better balance the skills/weapons/etc. in my game.

>_> and I did that all day.

And its a very lonely thing to do.

But it needed to be done.

x___x;
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Velocity, omegablackmage, PC Chris, M2K, Dazwa, Darc, Roman, Spife, Banks, Boxman, trademark, Mogwai, Pakman, Scar, Boss, Thumbswayup, SEXY, Silas, Cort, Milktea, Nus, Jam Stunna, JVsmooth, Baka, Darkdragoon, Noodles, Swiftbass, DJ Nintendo, Alukard, Skler, Jman, ThreeX, Cactuar, Zoso, Cogsmooch, V, Solid Jake, Nana, Vulcan, Moon-Doggie, br4n, The656, I cant win, omegawhitemage, Chum, SPAWN, Aesir, Awsmsean, Brookman, Markstyle, Papito, Axelslam, Khaly, Budai, Ercichewman, and Hazygoose (anyone else I forgot, sorry...dont ****ing give me the "I didnt make the list bull crap) to help me get better at Melee. I'm pretty sure you can learn plenty from playing over 56 people. :bee:
I want to play you in Melee...come to Mass Madness.

everyone should get to experience one big tournament before they die.
Good thing my first ever tourney was Cat3... I got that out of the way quick.

If that counts.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Dear Papito,

We need to chill soon. True Story.

I want to play you in Melee...come to Mass Madness.
I'll make it a plan to go to the next one. Matt makes it priority to go to my tournies so I ned to start showing him some love and go to his. :)

Darc-Dylan, I know. :) I used to get you guys mixed up so I just got accustomed to calling you guys by your SWF names because I was afraid I'd call you by the wrong name and I'd get "the boot" lol

EDIT-

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209533

This Saturday!

I do realize that some of you are either A-back at school B-Planning on going back the next week/settling into the school routine C-Already travelled for SPAWNS Vernon tourney to come to CT but this is probably going to be the last LLHS for a little while due to my load of schoolage and workage this semester. I won't be hosting another LLHS for at least 4 months. At Least.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well in other news I realize that grab combos > 0-death cg.

With marth of course. Discuss.
0-death > not 0-death. Discuss.

Wait, no. Don't. 'Cause it's foolish to do so. Unless you can carry combos on through from one stock to another...

Like, I think I know what you're saying, that if you can't always take the cg 0-death, it's better to just take the %s that you can get, but saying that something is better than 0-death is just stupid. Anyway, as to the point I think you were trying to make, it's just preference. If you can cg well, there's no reason not to, it's free %s before you start comboing them. But if you can't cg well, then sure, just utilt/fair/whatever to get the more certain damage in. But you really should learn to cg well cause, like, you know, free damages are grood.

joeST

Smash Rookie
hey im joeST. im lookin for some brawl or melee matches and tourneys. i live in CT in the town of stafford springs. im 15, bout to b 16 and im rly good. if any1 is up for some games hit me up or catch me at my clan site: http://untouchablesmashers.webs.com

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
I'm not going to travel far just to play Dark Rain, Ka-Master, KoreanDJ, Azen, Chu Dat, and HugS. etc etc When I have plenty of people I can play within 50 miles of me.

I'm pretty content with

Velocity, omegablackmage, PC Chris, M2K, Dazwa, Darc, Roman, Spife, Banks, Boxman, trademark, Mogwai, Pakman, Scar, Boss, Thumbswayup, SEXY, Silas, Cort, Milktea, Nus, Jam Stunna, JVsmooth, Baka, Darkdragoon, Noodles, Swiftbass, DJ Nintendo, Alukard, Skler, Jman, ThreeX, Cactuar, Zoso, Cogsmooch, V, Solid Jake, Nana, Vulcan, Moon-Doggie, br4n, The656, I cant win, omegawhitemage, Chum, SPAWN, Aesir, Awsmsean, Brookman, Markstyle, Papito, Axelslam, Khaly, Budai, Ercichewman, and Hazygoose (anyone else I forgot, sorry...dont ****ing give me the "I didnt make the list bull crap) to help me get better at Melee. I'm pretty sure you can learn plenty from playing over 56 people. :bee:

The only thing that separates the West Coast from the East Coast is that the East Coast camps more.....and the West Coast is more offensive..that's about it.
i made the list, yay!

anyway i want to go, not only play those awesomely good people but to chill, hang out, do random ****, just have fun too.. smash bus = win

my first tourney ever was a evo east, i suckd balls and i playd link back then, haha i can't wait to go though its gonna be mad funs

Aesir

Smash Master
0-death > not 0-death. Discuss.

Wait, no. Don't. 'Cause it's foolish to do so. Unless you can carry combos on through from one stock to another...

Like, I think I know what you're saying, that if you can't always take the cg 0-death, it's better to just take the %s that you can get, but saying that something is better than 0-death is just stupid. Anyway, as to the point I think you were trying to make, it's just preference. If you can cg well, there's no reason not to, it's free %s before you start comboing them. But if you can't cg well, then sure, just utilt/fair/whatever to get the more certain damage in. But you really should learn to cg well cause, like, you know, free damages are grood.
Not really...

0-death isn't nearly as safe as grab combos, not only that it gets them to the edge faster where you can edge guard them with ease. The only thing is the 0-death looks hella cool and makes people yell really loud.

Did I mention it's also easier to grab combo them? Because it's oodles easier. They're both equally effective I just chose to do the safer easier option.

the 0-death isn't really a 0-death anyway, after 32 (around there) you have to make it up anyway.

joeST

Smash Rookie
well if any1 else wanna do some matches hit me up melee or brawl im in stafford

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Not really...

0-death isn't nearly as safe as grab combos, not only that it gets them to the edge faster where you can edge guard them with ease. The only thing is the 0-death looks hella cool and makes people yell really loud.

Did I mention it's also easier to grab combo them? Because it's oodles easier. They're both equally effective I just chose to do the safer easier option.

the 0-death isn't really a 0-death anyway, after 32 (around there) you have to make it up anyway.
well, if you define 0-death as not really 0-death, then you're just arbitrarily making a distinction between the ways you can grab combo a spacy. you're not really saying what you're comparing, because you're saying 0-death (but not really 0-death...) vs. grab comboing (0-death inherently involves comboing...), so you're being unbelievably unclear about what you're actually comparing.

As I said in the other post, I'm assuming you're talking about doing the chaingrab at low %s vs. not doing it (doing utilt, fair, tech chasing, etc, w/e). If this is the case, then "comboing" rather than chaingrabbing is OK, but frankly, the chaingrab is guaranteed to the low 30%'s, so there's no reason to risk doing other things as long as you get good at the chaingrab.

Aesir

Smash Master
well, if you define 0-death as not really 0-death, then you're just arbitrarily making a distinction between the ways you can grab combo a spacy. you're not really saying what you're comparing, because you're saying 0-death (but not really 0-death...) vs. grab comboing (0-death inherently involves comboing...), so you're being unbelievably unclear about what you're actually comparing.
It's not a true 0-death because it can be escaped, it's more of a pseudo-zero to death.

As I said in the other post, I'm assuming you're talking about doing the chaingrab at low %s vs. not doing it (doing utilt, fair, tech chasing, etc, w/e). If this is the case, then "comboing" rather than chaingrabbing is OK, but frankly, the chaingrab is guaranteed to the low 30%'s, so there's no reason to risk doing other things as long as you get good at the chaingrab.
I should have defined it.

0-death cg is the thing M2k does, where his grab will lead into him killing you regardless. up air to regrabs to, up air to tipper. (Going off his older crap I haven't seen him do it in a while)

grab combos happen at low 30% uptilts, to fairs to whatever your heart contents. . unless you do the cactuar crap, down throw to tipper that happens a lot earlier but isn't really that safe unless it's mixed up.

I think we're kind of in agreement then?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
It's not a true 0-death because it can be escaped, it's more of a pseudo-zero to death.

I should have defined it.

0-death cg is the thing M2k does, where his grab will lead into him killing you regardless. up air to regrabs to, up air to tipper. (Going off his older crap I haven't seen him do it in a while)

grab combos happen at low 30% uptilts, to fairs to whatever your heart contents. . unless you do the cactuar crap, down throw to tipper that happens a lot earlier but isn't really that safe unless it's mixed up.

I think we're kind of in agreement then?
ok, well if you're talking about what to do at the 30%ish range and not before, then sure, i guess we're in agreement. But for as long as the chaingrab is guaranteed and involves just uthrow -> regrab, you should be doing it. After that, I mean, you just sorta play it by ear. Even M2K doesn't always lead into a death combo, he just does it more often than everyone else. But yea, I'd say don't shoot for more regrabs and nonsense into tipper unless it falls into your lap, just do utilts and fairs into an fsmash to lead into edgeguarding.

SleepyK

You don't have to travel, but traveling is awesome.
that's all there is to it.
aiser, i love your sig.
just you wait until ihop madness 2
it's an hour long, but predator gets destroyed

trademark0013

Smash Champion

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Top Bottom