• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_V_

Smash Ace
Lmao, don't worry. I do not believe I **** anyone in Brawl >.> Hahaha

Edit//Nevermind...I **** Nus!!! TAKE THAT ASIAN! (Ok, so maybe I didn't **** you...but whatever!)

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Did i tell you guys
i got an apartment??

Were putting the deposit down .. tuesday?

Ill be moving in late july, early august

Now, i just gotta hope i land one of th 3 full time jobs so i can afford it LOLLL

preferrably the office job, that way i can attend all tourneys, forever :D
what kind of office job??

edit: sorry alex

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I just learned that sakurai did the voice for DDD...idk how i feel about that.

Anyway, YAY JAKE!! hurry and get a good job man.

Aesir

Smash Master
Something lately has been bothering me and a person on another anime board brought it to my attention during his pseudo-rant.

Heres a story that was once told to me, it proves the point of my annoyance.

A natural disaster hits for lack of imagination we'll call it an earthquake. 90% of the people caught in it are killed buildings destroyed, you know like a disaster should look. The very few who are alive come out and proceed to say. "God has blessed us!"
The story goes on to say that the survivors go to the church to prey for their lord in thanks for saving them, then the church falls on them.

But thats not the point my point is it seems to me that today almost every member of an Abrahamic religion preys for either selfishness and sometimes they seem to prey out of arrogance.

The story I pointed out such points to arrogance in thinking god has bless them, what exactly made them so special and the other 90% not so fortunate? It just baffles me to think that anyone would have this sort of mentality.

Even looking past that preying out of selfishness just to me seems to defeat the whole purpose of a prayer at least from my perspective. I can't tell you how often I've seen or heard people prey to god to let their favorite team win, or prey to let them win the lottery as if god owes them some special treatment over the other millions of people who are in your exactly same situation.

/rant

I just wanted to get that off my chest and I'm to lazy to go to live journal and do it. No offense to anyone who actually preys and is of an Abrahamic religion since I know many of you are lol.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
Something lately has been bothering me and a person on another anime board brought it to my attention during his pseudo-rant.

Heres a story that was once told to me, it proves the point of my annoyance.

The story goes on to say that the survivors go to the church to prey for their lord in thanks for saving them, then the church falls on them.

But thats not the point my point is it seems to me that today almost every member of an Abrahamic religion preys for either selfishness and sometimes they seem to prey out of arrogance.

The story I pointed out such points to arrogance in thinking god has bless them, what exactly made them so special and the other 90% not so fortunate? It just baffles me to think that anyone would have this sort of mentality.

Even looking past that preying out of selfishness just to me seems to defeat the whole purpose of a prayer at least from my perspective. I can't tell you how often I've seen or heard people prey to god to let their favorite team win, or prey to let them win the lottery as if god owes them some special treatment over the other millions of people who are in your exactly same situation.

/rant

I just wanted to get that off my chest and I'm to lazy to go to live journal and do it. No offense to anyone who actually preys and is of an Abrahamic religion since I know many of you are lol.
Religion is stupid. Seriously. It's easily provable it was an economic tool and to unite a country with some form of belief. It's just a tool of arrogance and debate now.

Speaking of good rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19XmNXeAvIg

Thats what I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtILxBszyf8 TOUCHE!

Aesir

Smash Master
Religion is stupid. Seriously. It's easily provable it was an economic tool and to unite a country with some form of belief. It's just a tool of arrogance and debate now.
Religion was hardly an economic tool. >_>

anyway I'm sure a lot of religious members wouldn't appreciate calling it dumb, religious tolerance goes a long way. (I'm sure cog is gonna lol @ me saying this. )

Aesir

Smash Master
Religion was an excuse for war. What is wars purpose?
The only war that was really religious was the crusades in all honesty this war would have likely gone on if there was no religion. Because you can say it was a war to take back the holy land all you want the fact remains that after the first crusade it became less about taking back the holy land and more about taking land.

Did you know the final crusade wasn't even launched against the Muslims? it was launched against the orthodox at Constantinople. After they sacked Constantinople they all went home.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
BG&E was amazing.

i lost my disc before i beat the last level though ;~;

also, v is so hot it makes me gay just thinking about him.

SleepyK

Nus is also gaymakey.

Change the postbit option to the left.

it's in your user cp under edit options.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Sleepy, apparently you haven't read Ender's location...

"CLASSIC BLUE OR **** YOU"

also, postbit on the top is for winners.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The only war that was really religious was the crusades in all honesty this war would have likely gone on if there was no religion. Because you can say it was a war to take back the holy land all you want the fact remains that after the first crusade it became less about taking back the holy land and more about taking land.

Did you know the final crusade wasn't even launched against the Muslims? it was launched against the orthodox at Constantinople. After they sacked Constantinople they all went home.
>_> Actually, the Orthodox were under attack from the Muslims, and they asked the recently split from Roman Catholics for help.
Those silly RC's were all like, "Hellz yea we'll help you out buddies!", and then when they got there, they got kinda side tracked and looted everything >_>.
<_< Everyone liked looting and pillaging that they went back and did it 3 more times.
>_> So yea, it was never really a Holy War, only masked as one.

Holy War is a contradictory statement anyways.
-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
>_> Actually, the Orthodox were under attack from the Muslims, and they asked the recently split from Roman Catholics for help.
Those silly RC's were all like, "Hellz yea we'll help you out buddies!", and then when they got there, they got kinda side tracked and looted everything >_>.
<_< Everyone liked looting and pillaging that they went back and did it 3 more times.
>_> So yea, it was never really a Holy War, only masked as one.

Holy War is a contradictory statement anyways.
-DD
Yeah because the Catholic Church and the Orthodoxes had that little dispute on who was the real pople, they were just best buddies LOL.

=( so they go and sacked EVERYTHING D: Sad thing is that was the last remaining piece of the roman empire. =(

SleepyK

*grabs tom's foreskin*

somehow, I feel i'm not doing this correctly.

Top Bottom