• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Cort

Apple Head
I bet it's gone forever already and in the form of powder in Jim's nose. Too bad he doesn't know it's just baking soda.

I think I'm going to a NY tourny this Saturday with ZoSo.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
:(

I wanna play people this weekend and try out V's advice since it's not possible to try it against comps. I'll see you this weekend, hopefully, Aiser.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
So anyone else wanna come for the anime fun on Sunday. ^_^ We could just have a mini smash fest there... Blue said he's going and I have a 50+% chance of going.

GL Cort/Zoso!

lol at the amount of people saying they'll kick my *** now on aim. :laugh: Nobody believes in my asian training methods.

Cort

Apple Head
I don't have work this Thursday if anyone wants to play.

I think Lil was referring to the anime people Nus is referring to. Spammers.

_V_

Smash Ace
lol at the amount of people saying they'll kick my *** now on aim. :laugh: Nobody believes in my asian training methods.
Hahaha I think they don't realize that you probably weren't in beast mode last time they played you.

Now me on the other hand...I can actually kick your ***, but that's just because my Falco > Nus' >.> obviously.

God, I wish I could actually play this game well.

Cort

Apple Head
Why move to MD/VA when you live an hour away from PC or another hour away from KDJ?

MD/VA is mediocre central. ;)

_V_

Smash Ace
So I was just reading this article for a class, it happened to be written by an autistic person and it was very interesting, but anyway, back to the point...so at one point he was talking about musicians and how there have been studies and visualizing yourself practicing and doing techniques improves your motor skills just as much as practicing (and more so than just hitting random notes).

Being a musician, I found this extremely interesting, but yeah relative to smash, I figured it could be used the same way. Thinking about smash a lot can make you better and is probably better than mindlessly practicing tech skill. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I actually do this a lot; I think it works for me. I use to use it for hockey and every other sports I played as well.

Now if only I could stop using it for smash and use it for music or something more practical.

This has been V's (not so) Helpful Hint of the Day!

Brookman

Smash Hero
So I was just reading this article for a class, it happened to be written by an autistic person and it was very interesting, but anyway, back to the point...so at one point he was talking about musicians and how there have been studies and visualizing yourself practicing and doing techniques improves your motor skills just as much as practicing (and more so than just hitting random notes).

Being a musician, I found this extremely interesting, but yeah relative to smash, I figured it could be used the same way. Thinking about smash a lot can make you better and is probably better than mindlessly practicing tech skill. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I actually do this a lot; I think it works for me. I use to use it for hockey and every other sports I played as well.

Now if only I could stop using it for smash and use it for music or something more practical.

This has been V's (not so) Helpful Hint of the Day!
*croud cheering* Gotta love autistic and dyslexic people, they're the smartest people in the world.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I found i play best with doughnuts stuffed in my mouth.

Nus. so you may be going on the 11th? it looks like i shall indeed be there.

_milktea

Smash Lord
How interesting, mindlessly practicing tech is basically the one thing I don't do.

And yay for being in Connecticut, we have FRIENDLY, and not too *exclusive*, nice Smashers. And yay for living 2 hours away from PC! *Going to leech Smash training out of him during February hopefully ^_~.*

Cort

Apple Head
That article is pretty interesting. After thinking about it for a little, I do actually think about myself playing but I'm not sure if it actually makes me better, or if it's better than mindlessly practicing. But it does sort of mentally prepare me for when I actually play.

Thinking during a match too much is pretty detrimental. You'll end up messing up and not reacting quickly enough to actually do anything good. I think in the end, it's just your experience that pulls you through matches without thinking too much.

lol @ croud

edit// 2222 post!

squaminator

Smash Ace
its partially true v.
mlg said:
MLG has big plans for Smash in 2007. Over the last three years, Major League Gaming has helped the Smash community develop high standards of quality for major tournaments and pushed the game to new levels of competitive play. MLG will continue that tradition in 2007 with a new approach to competitive Smash that will take place outside of the Pro Circuit. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for details.

Cort

Apple Head
There's still going to be Melee tournaments sponsored by MLG, just not at the same time/place as their "pro circuit" with Halo 2.

I know more details but I don't think I'm supposed to say >_>

Brookman

Smash Hero
There's still going to be Melee tournaments sponsored by MLG, just not at the same time/place as their "pro circuit" with Halo 2.

I know more details but I don't think I'm supposed to say >_>
AKA they don't care about smash and lame.

Cort

Apple Head
I think it's kind of nice to get seperated from Halo, and what they're doing now is good too. They could have dropped smash altogether.

Brookman

Smash Hero
they just decided that smash was a waste of big checks, so they dropped it from the pro circuit.

Cort

Apple Head
I'm glad you took that in a way unlike uh.. you know. Chillin.

He has to be joking though.

He's so witty!

Cort

Apple Head
Favorite Hangout Regional Zones (89)
Most Notorious for Spam The Back Room (24)
Favorite Category Smash Tournaments (88)

Forum Monkey Gimpyfish62 (19945)
Best Signature Cort (10276) (back when I had my Isai sig)
Best Forum Name Crimson King (5282)
Best Location No vote
Most Respected n00b No vote
Most Improved No vote
Friendliest Member No vote
Most Intelligent Magus420 (12573)
Resident Asshat StripesOrBars (39497)
Dr. Smash Mew2King (8177)
Smash Practicioner Chu Dat (10774)
Host with the Most nealdt (19406)
Master Debater No vote
Best Artist _milktea (28567)
Best Writer No vote
Jack of All Trades No vote
Sexiest Mod Warrior of Zarona (13304)
Most Gregarious Omnigamer (10446)
Most Omnipresent Mic_128 (7762)

Those are my nominations.

Also, I can't wait for the NY tourny this weekend. Friday should be fun as well.

_V_

Smash Ace
I want to go! It's 2 and a half hourse from here though...I don't think the roomies want to go when there is partying to be done.

Oh wells!

_milktea

Smash Lord
Oh they will Dorf. Besides, who gives a flying ****? MLG's are so strict and ****, they're fun to go to, but with them gone we can save our money for better OOS tournaments.

Top Bottom