• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I definitely am not going to Jam's thing, sorry Jam. I have to take my license test today. Tomorrows though there shouldn't be a problem. <3 CT

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I saw The Minibosses live a couple years ago and they were/are amazing (they played at my school). I love that metal sound they have, and their songs are sooo good. The Advantage are great too do good stuff, but I'm gonna have to go with The Minibosses on this one!

Oh yeah... have fun this weekend everyone! I won't be seeing any of you there, but I'll be having my own fun, lulz. Hopefully I'll make it up for the next Mass Madness and esticle.
that's exactly my problem with them. it's like some BROS were like "yo dudes let's like play some game music, only make it RAWKIN!" while the Advantage respects the composers and plays the songs as is...it's like a meta study on the very concept of songs that have to be played over and over and over again while the player plays the game. plus the drummer is in Hella. ****ing Hella. Probably the coolest band this side of Lightning Bolt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7zJIdBBuy0&feature=related

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Good luck at the Uconn tournament CT, make sure a random scrub doesn't win... Also have fun at Jam's and good luck to everyone at esticle! <3 <3 <3 I was gonna go to Uconns thing but I have to drive tomorrow mad early and I am watching Forbidden Kingdom tonight. ^_^

I miss everyone, see you at the next esticle hopefully. <3 <3 <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
that's exactly my problem with them. it's like some BROS were like "yo dudes let's like play some game music, only make it RAWKIN!" while the Advantage respects the composers and plays the songs as is...it's like a meta study on the very concept of songs that have to be played over and over and over again while the player plays the game. plus the drummer is in Hella. ****ing Hella. Probably the coolest band this side of Lightning Bolt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7zJIdBBuy0&feature=related
lol at BROS. I'll agree that The Advantage sound more refined and really delve into the intricacy of the songs, which is why I like them. However, sounding more like the original song doesn't necessarily mean they're better.

The Minibosses are great because of exactly how you described them, hah. They take old school video game music and make it RAWKIN and AWESOME so you can rock out to it (if you enjoy that kinda thing) while still having the nostalgic effect from the original song.

Each band has their own style, and I think they both do it very well. I think I'm going to take back what I said before and say that I like them both, but in different ways.

Also, Hella is hella awesome. (I see what I did there)

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
lol at BROS. I'll agree that The Advantage sound more refined and really delve into the intricacy of the songs, which is why I like them. However, sounding more like the original song doesn't necessarily mean they're better.

The Minibosses are great because of exactly how you described them, hah. They take old school video game music and make it RAWKIN and AWESOME so you can rock out to it (if you enjoy that kinda thing) while still having the nostalgic effect from the original song.

Each band has their own style, and I think they both do it very well. I think I'm going to take back what I said before and say that I like them both, but in different ways.

I love Hella! :O

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

See, I think the songs are RAWKIN on their own... like they are inherently awesome... IE- who would have known the Batman NES music would be so awesome... and just adding a drum set is enough for me, thanks. Plus their guitar players are amazing.

I can't believe you like Hella, that's awesome. The drummer in TA plays guitar in Hella.

I love Hella! :O
that's awesome

He's the guy on the right

On the left is Skler.
I'm so famous

trademark0013

Smash Champion
wow I didn't know trademark was a 38 year old soccer mom who looooves starbucks

edit: I'm mean :( sorry
actually i'm an 18-24 year old male who wears birkenstock sandals, watches family guy, plays ultimate frisbee, and wears an upside down visor or a baseball cap with a pre-frayed brim

where the he!! are u learning ur stereotypes?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yo V!
I have some natty ice.
Wanna come to my place and bro out?

By the way, I like to drink natty ice in my boxers, hope that isn't an issue.
-DD

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
so yeah, jam's thing was fantstic, GG's everyone, i had a hell of a time, hold another one real soon =)

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
my only gripe with the minibosses is their REALLY ****TY drummer. At least in their old stuff. Their new stuff sounds a lot better on drums...almost makes me curious if they got a new drummer, it's that big of a difference.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION CT PLAYERS
I, CHEWMAN, HAVE JUST SCORED 5,578ft IN HRC
WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME!

I SAID WHO WANTS TO ****IN TOUCH ME!!!
and i just saw the terrence and phillip movie.
DAM dude, was that with two people or just you O_O, if it were you that would be extra scary.....
Btw I had a good time at Jam's fest, Had some fun matches and I managed to show that sonic doesn't suck ^__________________^ fun guys until next time.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Good **** Erci.
:3 Hi Moon! Haven't seen you around for a while.
Sonic not sucking? Blasphemy?

Also, watched "No Country for Old Men" again tonight.

Still don't understand the ending all that well.
-DD

Top Bottom