• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Nite

Smash Champion
Lol. I was there for that Darkrain knee. It was too good, but he missed and I felt bad for that table. It happened at INNsomnia 4. Everybody should think about coming to INNsomnia 5. We have been doing biweeklies to raise money for the singles pot and we are almost at our $1000 goal. That's $1000 extra not including all of the money from people who enter. At INNsomnia 4, Darkrain got $1001 for 1st in singles. So there is a lot of money and a lot of fun to offer.

P.S. I'll be there too, so you can play me!!

R

RJSoccer88@comcast.net

SN and AIM: RJSoccer88
Character: Samus and Falco
West Hartford area smasher

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
*is appalled mike/paul haven't put me up without my posting* *sigh*

Rocky Hill - Alex Kanakis - Sheik - aim:ALLHIGHLOANSHARK

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
There's actually like 5+ more that know about advanced tech a little. I'm not sure if a couple of them still play so I'm gonna add the few that I used to play frequently. V add them.
::West Hartford :: Chris :: Sheik/Link
::West Hartford :: Tom :: Luigi/Mario
::West Hartford :: Jeff :: Doc/Falco/Ganondorf
::West Hartford :: Matt :: Jigglypuff/Marth
I only did this cause my West Hartford spot was feeling empty...
I'm a greedy asian Cort. :lick:

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
I have never played trademark before. Everyone come on Friday.
So far:
Definite: Me, aiser, spawn, friend.
Probably: Blue, Manchester kids, friend.

Actually that's already not bad for a small fest so yeah. Who is bringing cubes?
I'm also thinking of making a small tournament at ccsu in the spring, so alex/jorge/etc need to help me. I wanna see if there's other good players at ccsu that I have not played.

Cort

Apple Head
I'm pretty sure there aren't anymore, Nus. Good luck getting something setup at Central...

Also, new sig hooray!

Brookman

Smash Hero
every time I post the number under my avatar goes up by one, does anybody know if this is a good thing?

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I didn't realize what the big deal with Cort's avatar was until I switched back to the Revolution skin. And then I went:

"Ooohhhh... I get it now. Duh."

I guess people with different skins won't be able to see it too much, Cort. But bleh, 95% of the users here are using the Revolution skin anyhow.

No mindgames for me, Cort. :laugh:

Cort

Apple Head
I tried that one out for a while and liked it at first, but it makes text giant and other things... too big. >_>

Anyway, someone derepped me with the comment "possible vengeance derep -_-"

I wonder who it was...

_milktea

Smash Lord
Haha, Weslyan, dang, that's a mad good college, congrats on getting in Mr.!

Haha @ Cort's sig.

Who gets a Thanksgiving break or something? Maybe we could do a meet-up then.

Edit: Nite! We haven't talked in forever, go on the hub sometime!

Nite

Smash Champion
Edit: Nite! We haven't talked in forever, go on the hub sometime!
I am unable to download DC on this computer. >< And dialup's a pain. I'll keep in touch, somehow.

Cort- Oh noes, you're too good. Not a lot of people trick Isai. About your derep, I think it was Chinesah hence the "-_-" tag. I could be wrong.

Cort

Apple Head
Chinesah = -.-

Not -_-

I don't think anyway >_> That's something really arbitrary to link someone to a derep, lol.

Nite

Smash Champion
For realz? That's bad a$$ that Chinesah plays PSU. I need PSU online so bad! I have the game, I just don't have broadband. All I need is that and my GUARDIANS liscence is no problem.

*edit* Oh yea, you're right Cort. Lol, it was worth a shot.

JC76

Smash Cadet
I have never played trademark before. Everyone come on Friday.
So far:
Definite: Me, aiser, spawn, friend.
Probably: Blue, Manchester kids, friend.

Actually that's already not bad for a small fest so yeah. Who is bringing cubes?
I'm also thinking of making a small tournament at ccsu in the spring, so alex/jorge/etc need to help me. I wanna see if there's other good players at ccsu that I have not played.
sure, ill help you out nus!

however, im not going to make it to the mall this friday because im going to a car show in hartford...

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
hah i dunno if that is in fact chinesah, but who knows maybe it is him nite, and if you do get on, let me know, i dont play a ton but i still play it online

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I have to get my WeHa buddies into the smash scene. A couple might be coming on Friday, I wanna see how they do versus the rest of CT.

Also spawn, never doubt an asian.
Oh noes, more asians!?!?! I'm screwed... or I would be if I wasn't turning into one. :) Thanks, Nus for all the asian training. I would also like to thank one of my friends that goes to high school with me. He has also helped me in the ways of becoming asian.

Dang, I have 185 rep. I need 15 rep... people please help me out!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Yeah, Wesleyan is right near middlesex. We'll definitely play, guy. You must have a good SAT and some rich parents to be going to Wesleyan...
not SAT, ACT.
and, i'm not like, just trying to give my history to everyone and bore them or anything, i'm just saying, so you don't expect a rich yuppie(wait, i'm from oklahoma anyway) to come- my parents are both deceased. aaand, my father was born in monterrey, as was his whole family.

good grades+no family income+being mexican=$$$$$$$

that's the only reason i can afford that school.

in terms of "good schools", wesleyan is my top choice, even though harvard and vassar won't stop calling my house and sending me applications. gwar!

_V_

Smash Ace
My sister went to Vassar...the campus is amazing. Wesleyan is also amazing...I never visited Harvard haha, so I have no idea about it. Good luck with everything Hazygoose! CT is looking forward to welcoming you!!

Sheesh....so many new players to add...*working on it* (well maybe I am).

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
Oh noes, more asians!?!?! I'm screwed... or I would be if I wasn't turning into one. :) Thanks, Nus for all the asian training. I would also like to thank one of my friends that goes to high school with me. He has also helped me in the ways of becoming asian.

Dang, I have 185 rep. I need 15 rep... people please help me out!
No asians thar.

_V_

Smash Ace
hey all my names greg and i use Marth/Sheik/DK im looking for local tournaments and to get to know some ppl in the SSB community
Greg where in CT are you from? (So I can add you to the list)

Other than that the list has been updated! Woo! So many new West Hartford smashers, yay for them being close to me!

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
Spawn that's from your post before about being wrong that is in my quote now. ^_^

I jv 4 stocked Alex's marth. His peach beat me... Alex pikachu is surprisingly good for no tech. His game and watch gets too many 9s.
Alex: Watch Mark has the best G&W in the world, he gets all 9s. First thing 9 me. He then 9'd me like 2 more times and alex a couple and had a few 9 misses. -_-

Edit: I'd just like to mention the skill level of the west hartford kids and the probability you guys would have of playing them.
Chris is your typical sheik so it's a pain, he knows a little about advanced tech. You and even I probably will never play him.
Tom is the best out of them next to me, knows advanced tech. You might play him during break if you go to his house.
Jeff is like Mark where he is very good but with no advanced tech. If you go to Tom's you'd be able to play him.
Matt knows some advanced tech but isn't as good as the rest. If you go to Tom's you'd be able to play him.
Dave knows everything about the game but doesn't apply it so he uses some advanced tech. Without a real main his threat level drops though but his iceclimbers were pretty good/annoying when he did them. You'll probably play him on Friday whoever goes.
RJ does no advanced tech and isn't as good as Jeff, you guys might see him Friday.

Oh forgot to add:
::West Hartford ::Matt F :: Forgot what he played
::West Hartford ::prescott :: Fox
He's like RJ but a little better, you might be able to play him.
Prescott = bro and he probably could take out some of the top 15 but maybe he's just really good against me. Cause his fox can sometimes win me on FD vs my falco without CG.

Edit2: I owned the SATs pretty hard, well for an asian I did below average but oh well...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol, okay. I kinda just looked back 5 pages and saw your post and was like eh?

Top Bottom