• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Though I'm typically not into fighting games, I must say Arms looks very unique. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing an Arms character in Smash. Looking at the matter from an unbiased perspective, I think Spring Man has the highest chances, since he seems to be the face of the series.

Furthermore, depending on well-made the game turns out to be, I think Arms would be more than worthy of Smash representation.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
It will likely break a few million. Impressions are positive and the Switch is going to boost software sales. It will do alright.
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. I just hate seeing new IPs like this one fail. It's always so sad.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm looking forward to seeing who's next as we have Spring, Ribbon, Chain, Bandage, Robo-arms, Noddles and DNA so far.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Still waiting on my literal Fighting Clown....
Special Capcom guest Clown Man?

Honestly with the amount of stretchy armed characters they have, ARMS VS CAPCOM could actually work. :p
Clown Man, Dhalsim, Necro, Twelve, Hsien Ko, Anakaris, etc.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Special Capcom guest Clown Man?

Honestly with the amount of stretchy armed characters they have, ARMS VS CAPCOM could actually work. :p
Clown Man, Dhalsim, Necro, Twelve, Hsien Ko, Anakaris, etc.
Chun Li vs MinMin needs to be a match up.

But Strider vs Ninjara would be the ***s. Make it happen Capcom!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Listen, if we're getting special guest characters and Bravoman isn't involved in this game, I riot.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
New characters leaked.

• White Mask = Kid Cobra
  • New White-Haired Girl = Twintelle
  • Blue Robot Dude = Byte & Barq

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOO THE LEAKS
(eh, it's OK, I'd probably end up seeing the direct late.)
New characters look really cool but I have no idea how they'd play outside of maybe Kid Cobra

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
New characters leaked.

• White Mask = Kid Cobra
  • New White-Haired Girl = Twintelle
  • Blue Robot Dude = Byte & Barq
Put a spoiler on these my dude. I'm cool with leaks, but not everyone is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well 10 fighters at launch and they're supporting it Splatoon Style after launch. I'm excited.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
quite a variety of characters and arms looks like theres gonna be plenty to do (and lots of potential for smash) im glad we're getting more characters and stages for free

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope you can switch off healing items and bombs. And if not that they don't mess things up too much. They don't seem like they do much by themselves that you cant counter though.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well 10 fighters at launch and they're supporting it Splatoon Style after launch. I'm excited.
Yeah I'm perfectly fine with this. The fighters look unique, and it looks like there's a lot of stuff to do in that game already, adding in free updates only sweetens the deal.

Day one purchase for me.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Looks like there may be some potential for ARMS items too. There is HP juice which can heal anyone around it and a hot potato bomb.

I feel like Nintendo may have more IPs up their sleeves. The fact that they are copying the Splatoon model is telling.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This song NEEDS to be in Smash. The vocals, they are so so good!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think a good item could be one of the "glove types" that aren't in Spring Man/Whoever's moveset if we get a playable character.

I would also love to see color choices based on each of the other characters.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Its pretty much between Ribbon Girl or Twintelle as my choice for a secondary rep.

Other than that, ARMS does seem to be like a fun fighting game after watching the Direct and also good to see that it will gain support after its release. Here's hoping that the ARMS franchise will be a success.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It's real unfortunate that in the situation that we do get an ARMS character it's gonna be toothpaste hair-ass no gimmick-ass Spring Man.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That Heal Juice as an AOE heal would be fun for Smash.

Though I checked he direct and you can switch off items in normal matches if you so desire.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It's real unfortunate that in the situation that we do get an ARMS character it's gonna be toothpaste hair-*** no gimmick-*** Spring Man.
I literally like everyone BUT him. He's just so awful, from his boring (but necessary) all-arounder playstyle, to his terrible design; but for some reason that's the one character they decided to make the face of the franchise, and he's going to be the one shoved down everyone's throats if this franchise picks up any steam at all.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't know, I've personally really liked Spring Man's look right from the very start. He represents the theme of ARMS really well, all you have to do is have a glance at him and know what happens in the game: punching with spring arms. He's the basis while the other characters build up on that while having gimmicks of their own etc. I find him a well designed face for the franchise and do see him being chosen in Smash if ARMS were ever to have a character. I doubt he'd be any less fun or interesting than any other tbh.

Last edited:

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on a moveset for Arms in Smash as a whole, that could be represented by Spring Man with a Ribbon Girl alt. I really think that the Inklings and Arms fighters at the least will be included in the next Smash in some way, but since rumors were that there's only two new characters, it's probably Ice Climbers and one of those two...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't know, I've personally really liked Spring Man's look right from the very start. He represents the theme of ARMS really well, all you have to do is have a glance at him and know what happens in the game: punching with spring arms. He's the basis while the other characters build up on that while having gimmicks of their own etc. I find him a well designed face for the franchise and do see him being chosen in Smash if ARMS were ever to have a character. I doubt he'd be any less fun or interesting than any other tbh.
Spring Man is basically like the likes of Ryu and Little Mac. They basically represent the core foundation's of their given series and are the all rounder type character, their design is also fairly simplistic and not too busy compared to most of the rest of the cast so their also more easily recognizable.

Whereas the rest of the cast builds upon that with additional features and gimmicks. Which is probably why the rest of the cast seems more interesting than him.

So yes, you're right. Even when it comes to Smash, I'm sure he'd still be an interesting and unique fighter, much like Ryu and Little Mac are.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I literally like everyone BUT him. He's just so awful, from his boring (but necessary) all-arounder playstyle, to his terrible design; but for some reason that's the one character they decided to make the face of the franchise, and he's going to be the one shoved down everyone's throats if this franchise picks up any steam at all.
Well, there are some lucky occurances when it comes to "franchise representation" character cameos in other games. They're pretty rare, I concede, but one fine mighty example are Fiora (Xenoblade) and Chrom (Fire Emblem). The former was put in Project X Zone instead of Shulk; as for Chrom, he may have gotten the shaft for Smash, but he's slowly stealing much of Marth's spotlight by being one of Nintendo's main reps for PXZ as well as being the apparent protagonist of Fire Emblem Heroes. Marth's had various amiibo-triggered appearances, notably in Code Name S.T.E.A.M. and FE Fates and Echoes, but that's just because thanks to Smash, he does get an amiibo from the get-go.

Granted, Chrom's still a major protagonist in his franchise in his own right, so it's a bit more understandable. However I'm all for favoring lucky cameo picks such as Fiora's.

Back to the topic at hand, I love every ARMS fighter design-wise so far and wouldn't disagree to seeing either one of them in Smash - except for maybe two: Twintelle and Byte & Barq. Twintelle wouldn't accurately fit the whole "ARMS" pun/trope, and Byte is a tad too gimmicky to appeal to the casual audience and draw interest in ARMS's core concept? I dunno.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wouldn't mind seeing a few alts though. Say, if Spring Man where to become playable, I think Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and MinMin could probably realistically work as alts since they share similar body proportions and all. Just need to ensure that the animations and moveset will fit well for all of them and all....

If not, then just Spring Man and Ribbon Girl would probably do.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's not like Spring Man is totally vanilla. His dash (be it a special or his roll) could act as as combination re-position tool and reflector.

Not to mention, Ryu is the Blandy McBlanderson of 6 button fighters but is one of the more unique Smash characters.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It's not like Spring Man is totally vanilla. His dash (be it a special or his roll) could act as as combination re-position tool and reflector.

Not to mention, Ryu is the Blandy McBlanderson of 6 button fighters but is one of the more unique Smash characters.
Don't get me started on Ryu...

Top Bottom