• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Honestly after checking their heights, they might actually be able to pull of the Clown Kart Gang thing again. Adding/shaving off a few inches to meet somewhere in the middle, a lot of the fighters are actually pretty close.

183cm / 6'0" - Kid Cobra
182cm / 5'11" - Spring Man/Spring Tron (I would hope that Tron would take the role of the current Spring Man AT, but he works well as an alt too.)
179cm / 5'10" - Ninjara
173cm / 5'8" - Lola Pop
169cm / 5'6" - Ribbon Girl
167cm / 5'5" - Min Min

Of course we are leaving out:

176cm / 5'9" - Dr. Coyle falls within the height range but since she hovers around she wouldn't work as an alt for a ground based character.

180 / 5'10" - Twintelle, while one of my personal favorites, wouldn't work due to using her hair as her "arms."

192cm / 6'3" - Misango - Bit of an outlier who mayyybe could work, but without his little spirit dudes, it'd feel very weird. So I'm leaning towards no since he technically has a companion character that's part of his kit. Maybe 50/50 hard to say.

Definite nopes:

Max Brass (6'4"), Master Mummy (7'6"), and Mechanica (7'8") - Too tall and/or bulky

Helix - Undefined stretchy goop boi who wouldn't match well with the animations of a human character

Byte & Barq - Rigid robot boi who wouldn't match well with the animations of a human character. Also dog.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm gonna hang out here for a while. The Geno thread is being super toxic about ARMS.
I thought they'd be happy, not only is it likely a spirit will get promoted, a series is making the jump to full universe.
Or this a matter of not being the first?

But in any case you're welcome to hang out here.

Here's the full ARMS OST

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly after checking their heights, they might actually be able to pull of the Clown Kart Gang thing again. Adding/shaving off a few inches to meet somewhere in the middle, a lot of the fighters are actually pretty close.

183cm / 6'0" - Kid Cobra
182cm / 5'11" - Spring Man/Spring Tron (I would hope that Tron would take the role of the current Spring Man AT, but he works well as an alt too.)
179cm / 5'10" - Ninjara
173cm / 5'8" - Lola Pop
167cm / 5'5" - Min Min

176cm / 5'9" - Dr. Coyle falls within the height range but since she hovers around she wouldn't work as an alt for a ground based character.

180 / 5'10" - Twintelle, while one of my personal favorites, wouldn't work due to using her hair as her "arms."

192cm / 6'3" - Misango - Bit of an outlier who mayyybe could work, but without his little spirit dudes, it'd feel very weird. So I'm leaning towards no since he technically has a companion character that's part of his kit. Maybe 50/50 hard to say.

Definite nopes:

Max Brass (6'4"), Master Mummy (7'6"), and Mechanica (7'8") - Too tall and/or bulky

Helix - Undefined stretchy goop boi who wouldn't match well with the animations of a human character

Byte & Barq - Rigid robot boi who wouldn't match well with the animations of a human character. Also dog.
So it looks like this could be pulled off very easily. Granted they'd have to take some liberties with some of the characters if that happens, but yeah, there looks to be hope.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Agreed. Case in point, Little Mac and Dark Samus. Little Mac gained a more youthful appearance transitioning from Brawl to 4, and Dark Samus has more detail, such as visible veins, as well as her own effects with Charge Beam and the like. Both needed a bit of work put into the two (The former being a full-fledged fighter and the latter being a Samus echo that floats), so the same can certainly be applied to Spring Man.
It should be noted that of all NPC promotions Ultimate's base roster had, only Chrom got his Smash 4 model reused, as his model had to be virtually on par with fighters due to one of Robin's victory animations.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I thought they'd be happy, not only is it likely a spirit will get promoted, a series is making the jump to full universe.
Or this a matter of not being the first?

But in any case you're welcome to hang out here.

Here's the full ARMS OST

Not entirely sure, but I don't think it's any of those reasons. I think this drout wore down many of the people there and the conclusion was not expected.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though there's one ability unique in ARMS that I think all potential characters would have if they were Smash fighters, Min Min's ability to kick.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Jab Combo?
You know what? That actually sounds like a great idea! Min Min's kick for a Jab combo like you said, Barq for an Up B, some of these ARMS gimmicks just seem perfect to mish-mash together for all the characters!

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I feel like this situation would be really weird if it's Springman. If it's the obvious choice why encourage speculation on which one it is?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel like this situation would be really weird if it's Springman. If it's the obvious choice why encourage speculation on which one it is?
Springman does have the excitement factor of being a promoted assist trophy going for him but it does seem kind of odd to tease like that.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm... honestly surprised I haven't posted in here.

Pretty happy with the news, sucks we have to wait for so long but given the current circumstances it's understandable. Hoping Min Min is the character they chose but I'll be cool with anyone else.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
My best guess would be this;

If it is Spring Man , the surprise comes from the fact that he was an AT/Spirit and he'd come with a few others as alts.

If it isn't Spring man, it'll be an "Oh wow, I wouldn't have expected them to pick the floppy goop boi! But the move set is super cool!" Or insert another character in place of Helix, you get the idea.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It honestly would be hella anti-climatic if it ends up being Spring Man this entire time, but I would be cool if the alt idea happens.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

183cm / 6'0" - Kid Cobra
179cm / 5'10" - Ninjara
173cm / 5'8" - Lola Pop
167cm / 5'5" - Min Min

Definite nopes:

I dunno if I see Lola Pop being an alt, I think her shield bounce is too big a part of her kit to leave out. I can see her as an Echo, but not an alt.
I'm gonna hang out here for a while. The Geno thread is being super toxic about ARMS.
That's confusing, you'd think they'd be stoked that a first party franchise got a character.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
What does anyone think of the idea of having an attack for each individual arms for the character? Because that's how it works in ARMS.

Imagine this: you're playing as the ARMS character, and you're facing a Snake. You attack with a Side Smash that hurtles towards him, but he jumps up and dodges it. Just when he thinks he's got you, you surprise him by using the other arm to counterattack with an Up-Tilt, while the Side Smash is still coming out.

Think that sounds good?

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

183cm / 6'0" - Kid Cobra
179cm / 5'10" - Ninjara
173cm / 5'8" - Lola Pop
167cm / 5'5" - Min Min

Definite nopes:

TBH Twintelle doesn't seen that implausible to me. I haven't played ARMS but I presume her punches land in the same places all the other characters do. At worse her hair arms could come out in the same directions and have the same hitboxes as everyone else, albeit have her "arms" take a more downward curved shape since they'd be coming down from her hair. Otherwise she could hade the same running, jumping, shielding, grabbing animations, etc. Just stretch her arms out to be longer and have them curve to account for coming from her head.

Although, that kind of change, however minimal, is exactly the kind of stuff that has been known to make Sakurai decide a character should be an echo/brand new character.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What does anyone think of the idea of having an attack for each individual arms for the character? Because that's how it works in ARMS.

Imagine this: you're playing as the ARMS character, and you're facing a Snake. You attack with a Side Smash that hurtles towards him, but he jumps up and dodges it. Just when he thinks he's got you, you surprise him by using the other arm to counterattack with an Up-Tilt, while the Side Smash is still coming out.

Think that sounds good?
How would you decide which arm gets used in which attack?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question will the ARMaments be like Megaman's where he pulls them out for each attack or more like a stance system?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It could probably be on my part used for Neutral B Directions, kinda like Terry with FSpecial and BSpecial
That's a great idea! Especially if the ARMS character has an auto-turn mechanic like Ryu, Ken and Terry. ARMS is a fighting game after all, albeit rather unconventional.

Then again, more than two people can fight at once in ARMS, so...

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hello, iv'e been thinking about the Arms character a little bit and after watching a video mention sakurai going all in with this pass i got a feeling the character is probably gonna be the host, i don't know i just feel that's gonna be the case.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hello, iv'e been thinking about the Arms character a little bit and after watching a video mention sakurai going all in with this pass i got a feeling the character is probably gonna be the host, i don't know i just feel that's gonna be the case.
You mean Biff?! That would be one out-of-left-field pick, but I'm not holding my breath.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You mean Biff?

That would certainly be an unexpected twist.

zferolie

Smash Hero

183cm / 6'0" - Kid Cobra
179cm / 5'10" - Ninjara
173cm / 5'8" - Lola Pop
167cm / 5'5" - Min Min

Definite nopes:

Looking at that I think for sure its just gonna be 4 characters. Ribbon Girl being the main lead and on the Banner, then Spring Man, Min Min, and Ninjara. Only 7 of the right size makes all 8 not possible unless they have Dr. Coyle not float which feels off.

Really? What they salty about now?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Looking at that I think for sure its just gonna be 4 characters. Ribbon Girl being the main lead and on the Banner, then Spring Man, Min Min, and Ninjara. Only 7 of the right size makes all 8 not possible unless they have Dr. Coyle not float which feels off.

Really? What they salty about now?
They're saying it's a shill on par with Byleth and that no one wanted an ARMS character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hey i made that joke on other page

They're saying it's a shill on par with Byleth and that no one wanted an ARMS character.
really? whats the reasoning that theyre a shill pick for a game thats about 3 years old?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
really? whats the reasoning that theyre a shill pick for a game thats about 3 years old?
That's what other people in the Geno thread said, but there are some who delve to deep into the reasons for fighters to get in.

It has been said before, however, we should not discuss other threads like this. Only really leads to bad things.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Diverting the conversation from the Geno thread, let's talk about the stuff for the Challenger Pack, like ARMS songs, ARMS spirits, and all that.

Honestly, I think the Victory theme should be first few notes of the main theme. The victory thing that ARMS had is too simplistic and too short, and what I think should be is more energetic and powerful. Perfect for a victory theme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom