• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congrats Diddys We Are Finally #3 On The Tier list :) [Tierlist v4 discussion]

Conti

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make a thread for this... if I ain't n this is for some reason should be in diddy social... my b...

If you haven't seen the updated tier list go to tactical discussion form.. [id post link but on my phone]

But anyways we all saw 3rd or 4th in our grasps... n now its known we are 3rd. (I'm quite happy cuz I've been sayn diddy shud be 3rd since he was 10th)... so yea let's discuss :]

Also just a random thought...
Sheik in melee was #1 on the melee tier lists for 5 or 6 versions... for her crazy gimping ability n other attributes... now then the next tier list she was dropd n marth n fox were seen as better characters.... now putting metaknight as sheik from melee... Does any1 think as brawls metagame continues that in future tier lists we can see diddy overcome snake and evenutally metaknight?? Discuss

ADHD

Smash Hero
Metaknight is a melee sheik with three times as many options, so he will stay put forever.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Where he should be imo

I can't ever picture him being considered better than Snake, but he is definitely top-3 worthy. Yay for even moar new Diddy players flooding the boards thanks to tier placings :)

Conti

Smash Ace
Yea 1st it was a d3 bandwagon... then a bit of falco... then a lot of random wario hype... n lemme guess ppl r gunna think diddy is all hype too... ;] I doubt it... n no way in hell is ic's taking 3rd... they rose to exactly where I said they'd be... n falco n marth got nothn on us... right now with the current metagame this is exactly where he belongs...
N Ok so I kinda didt think so for mk either it was just a thought..but what about snake?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's hard to deny that this is where Diddy should be.

I can see his position fluctuating with popularity.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Usually I would be upset that we are OP but then i remember that we actually made Diddy what he is and without us, he can't do much. Other characters like Marth, or MK are naturally good and it doesn't really matter who uses them. We actually earn our position.

Kirby didn't drop low....

I know he's at C-tier but ey, he's still 16th place and.. wait what was his place before 16th? I think it was the same.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Snakes overrated, I can't see him being 2nd for much longer.

My best guess says he should end up around 4th perhaps.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Why do I sense an increase in Peach and Luigi players? Lol.

Agreed that the tier list as of now is largely based on how you do against Metaknight. That's why ROB isn't higher.

But congrats Diddys. It's hard to deny that y'all spent countless hours discovering new techs while we Pikachus were just QACing around. ESAM needs to stop it with these infinites... people are going to start picking up Marth just to deal with Pikachu.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I just meant to deal with Diddy.
Even then, there are 10x as many MKs as Diddys. No point in learning Peach or Luigi (Especially when you can learn a character that has a good match up with him, i.e. MK) unless you have a serious Diddy weakness (maybe M2K and Ksizzle will pick up Luigi someday) and even then, it would only be used as a once in a blue moon secondary.

Edit: I over exaggerated...there's only 3x as many MKs as Diddys.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Too true. Some characters do have a serious Diddy weakness, but they also most likely have a MK weakness to go along with it. Olimar for instance.

Snakes overrated, I can't see him being 2nd for much longer.

My best guess says he should end up around 4th perhaps.
Our meta game isn't dead yet man! (Or is it?)

And wow, Snake didn't change in position O_o

Well he deserves it a bit

If he we're to move, he would be 3rd but I'm sure he'll still be 2nd

TreK

Is "that guy"
ADHD, if you didn't suck that much, Diddy would be 1st by now. tsk tsk tsk.

M@v

Subarashii!
If diddy wasn't #3 on this tier list I would of been a very confused smasher.

At least I'm still one of your very few disadvantaged matchups, even if it isn't that bad.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
If other (really good) players learn how to use our Bananas against us well, Diddy would go down... But I think it has been shown that the really good Diddys simply don't let them get control. With that argument in mind, I think Diddy will stay where he is, simply because we won't be able to rise anymore once people learn how to use Bananas well (but I think we have the tools to keep us from dropping, though).

SRTM

Smash Ace
Decent placing.
BUT I really don't want to see anymore diddy players. Too many.
We used to be a rare thing until scrubs started noticing pro diddy's.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to see Diddy get the recognition that he deserves. I remember back when Brawl first came out I would talk with Nanerz about Diddy and how all this techniques and combo ability would come bring him higher soon enough.

Diddy deserves to be this high up and I'm sure that all that talented Diddy players can help keep him there.

Javon89

Smash Ace
Diddy deserved it, with the results and match-ups it was inevitable!
And there are alot of great Diddy players like ADHD, AlphaZealot and much more.
Diddy is blessed with great rep.

Conti

Smash Ace
Lol I picked up diddy when he was 10th on tier list so I'm not on a bandwagon... ;]
But yea diddy might get overpopular which might b a tad bit lamee... oh well. There's way more snakes n mk's so we shud be fine... for now

DUB

Smash Lord
We have wave of new people coming everymonth because Diddy keeps doing awesome stuff.

Side note: Asakura, do you know if N4N3RZ still plays?

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
We have wave of new people coming everymonth because Diddy keeps doing awesome stuff.

Side note: Asakura, do you know if N4N3RZ still plays?
I'm not really sure if he does, I haven't talked to him in awhile. It'd be a shame if he didn't though. He was so good.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
When you look at Diddy's popularity in conjunction with his point placement, you should see Diddy maintaining the status quo or gaining very slightly in the near future. Long term I am unsure.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
When you look at Diddy's popularity in conjunction with his point placement, you should see Diddy maintaining the status quo or gaining very slightly in the near future. Long term I am unsure.
Long-term he's not going to drop out of High-Tier. Yes, if other characters magically learned how to use Bananas effectively, that'd suck, the the fact of the matter is that we're the ones who control the Bananas in the first place. Unless they can learn how to spawn them against us (lol), we'll remain high-tier.

Top Bottom