• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Assisst Trophy Characters

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm glad that you listed Petey Piranha as an AT, because he'll only become playable over my dead body. I'd much rather play as Midna, though, so I'm on the fence with your mini-list.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I, too, have some reservations about that list. Personaly, I still think K. Rool may have a chance, so I'd rather not give up on him just yet.

As for Midna, I'm against any character who could be added today, but fall victim to that horrible "they've had their time in the sun but now that the series has moved on they should be cut" argument when the next smash bros comes around.

Also, I think Fawful sould be a great AT. Because he has fury. He has fury real bad.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Wow, when I first read about assist trophies, I was overcome with joy (and fear) at the same time.

How about a Revolver Ocelot assist trophy? He could appear on the stage and play a little game of Russian Roulette. You could risk running past him, but if he shoots and it trusn out that there was a bullet, thn you get hit for some pretty high damage.

Also Gray Fox (the cyborg ninja guy from MGS) could be an assist trophy. He could run around slashing, similar to Samurai Goroh. He's really cool and popular, so I'm willing to bet that he'll be in this game too.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Also, I think Fawful sould be a great AT. Because he has fury. He has fury real bad.
Genius. I'd love to see him pop up, scream "I HAVE FURY!" and raze the stage with blasts from his headgear.

As for other AT ideas?

I want the Eggplant Wizard. If you've ever actually played Kid Icarus, no explanation is needed as to how annoying this fella can be :chuckle:

The Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan should definietly be an AT; I like the idea of them buffing the character that called them.

And how about Jill from Drill Dozer? More drills are always a plus in my book.

Any of the Advance Wars COs could prove amusing, given the variety of special abilities they have. Andy's Hyper Repair could be useful indeed.

Cult favorite Mike Jones of Startropics fame would be a great cameo, and he's just about the only non-Japan Nintendo character.

Ah, and here's an obscure one, how about Saki Amamiya, the combination lightsaber/blaster weilding protagonist of the long lost N64 game Sin & Punishment?

Finally, I've got to repeat a good one I read earlier--the Duck Hunt dog must be the Goldeen of the ATs. Ooh, who doesn't remember that dog's smarmy laugh...

So, along with the more obvious (but still good) suggestions like Metroids, Dry Bones, Darknuts and so on, I think the AT item really opens a door for lots of characters that would otherwise not appear in Brawl. So fans of the obscure rejoice!

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
I want to see some MGS Assist trophies. Ocelot, Cyborg Ninja, The Boss, and maybe even the legendary Big Boss would be badass. not Meryl

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well said. If Ridley is an AC, then us in our space pirate costumes are goign to burn hal labs and hold Sakurai hostage until Ridley is implimented.
FYI, Hal Labs isn't developing the game...Sora Ltd. is. And really, I'd rather see him with his full awesomness being an AC and killing everyone than a dumbdowned version being playable.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Dumbed down? Hell no, Ridley for top tier.

I dont care/know who's developing the game, all I know is Sakurai is the director of the game.
QFT x2

Sakurai WAS HAL labs...so, it really doesn't matter the company, the mastermind is still behind it.

Oh and um...RFB!

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think if Petey was to be an AT, he'd be better if he just vomited goo all around him and made the stage slippery.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Do you all remember when Sakurai had a list of characters that he found interesting? Do you think many in the list are gonna end up as ATs?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
The Red idea is just a rip off of my Professor Oak idea.

I think Hal Labs is devoloping the game, even though Sakurai isn't with them permanently anymore.

Midna is dumb. She should be an AT, if anything at all.

I think Toad has a reasonable chance of being a playable character. He's the most likely new Mario character now that Wario is already in.

I want Andross to be an AT. His head is seen in the background and his hands perform attacks similar to Master/Crazy Hand.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I didn't bother to go through all 9 pages of this topic, so bear with me if this has been posted already.

I believe a Psycho Mantis AT would kill. Your controllers would be switched around, you'd get a warning message, and Psycho would just be taunting you. "YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE, HAVEN'T YOU?" for the effing win.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if sonic makes it, he'll be a PC, i'd ratehr have tails as an AT than knuckles, knuckles would make a nice PC i think

megaman...don't care if he's in it or not, he'd most likely be way too similar to samus (i mean, they should change it like his b has both rapid fire and charge capabilities like in his games)

toad will most likely become an AT...what moveset would he have, stand there and be cute

nook would be cool, take out random AC item and run around like crazy

falcon's confirmed...i mean, samaurai goroh is in it (wasn't expecting him to be in it...and definitely wasn't expecting the assist trophy thing)

then...i don't know about the rest

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Any other F-Zero characters, besides Captain Falcon, will probably be ATs too.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Do you all remember when Sakurai had a list of characters that he found interesting? Do you think many in the list are gonna end up as ATs?

Maybe,but how many Ats do you think the game will have? I think the best Ats would be Fawful,ROB,Elite Beat Agents,Waluigi,and by far the best:The Laughing Dog! Anyway,there could potentially be hundreds of Assists,but I'll be betting on 20-30.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Sonic would be the PC to have. I don't know what this is with having toad as a playable character.Go enjoy mario party or mk:dd if you want him so badly,but leave him as an AT in brawl.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Sonic would be the PC to have. I don't know what this is with having toad as a playable character.Go enjoy mario party or mk:dd if you want him so badly,but leave him as an AT in brawl.

Yeah,I first I wanted Toad a PC, but then I got sober and realized he's be MUCH better as an Assister.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
I can say i'm glad goro is an assist trophy that makes black shadow more probable as a playable character.
if goroh aint getting in, then no other Fzero character is getting in, sept for the falcon. and making goroh an assist trophy makes me almost hate sakurai, bowser brought me back though

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Please note that those are two of the few occasions that we Toad fanboys actually HAVE to play as our favorite character! Even then, it's only MP5-8. I could just as easily tell you Sonic supporters to go play Sonic 2 or S&K (even though we all know that Knux > Sonic :lick: ). Brawl would give us the chance to kick butt with Toad, every Toad fan's dream, and one that has not been properly revived since SMB2. As far as Marioverse ATs go, other probable choices are Waluigi, Magikoopa, Petey Piranha, etc. I'm still kind of holding out for Birdo to be playable, but it wouldn't hurt me if she was just an AT.

Also note that I do support Sonic's inclusion in Brawl. Just not at the expense of my adorable Toad. :p

Conker1

Smash Ace
I'd love to see some MGS characters as assists. Gray Fox slicing people up, or Ocelot doing something..no guns allowed :(

Also, screw the laughing dog. The goldeen of the AT should be Peppy and Slippy.

Peppy:Try a barrel roll!
Slippy spins around a bit.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'd love to see some MGS characters as assists. Gray Fox slicing people up, or Ocelot doing something..no guns allowed :(

Also, screw the laughing dog. The goldeen of the AT should be Peppy and Slippy.

*Hulks up in pure rage* WHAT!?!?!? The Laughing Dog doesn't have the Goldeen, but wouldn't hurt.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Bahaha hilarious! Seriously, that could work as a great AT. They would be flying around in their Arwings and just disrupt the playfield by flying through, shooting lasers, etc., all the while accompanied by their silly banter. Good idea! :laugh:

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Great idea for an AT: You summon Little Mac,who jabs your foe a bunch of times and then bites their ear off.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Eww, Zant would be THE creepiest AT around. Good choice for the role, though.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Let's assume that Snake, Sonic, and Megaman are playable, here are some possible Assist Trophy characters

Alex Kidd
Toejam & Earl
Elite Beat Agents
Phoenix Wright
Ecco the Dolphin
Vectorman
Pulseman
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Acadamy)
Grit (Advance Wars)
Hunting Dog (Duck Hunt)
Lip (Panel De Pon)
Vic Viper (Gradius)
Dracula (Castlevania)
Goemon (Mystical Ninja)
Mother Brain (Metroid)
Mother Brain (Phantasy Star)
Sketch Turner (Comix Zone)
Ax Battler (Golden Axe)
Blaze (Streets of Rage)
Akira (Virtua Fighter)
Arthur (Ghouls 'N Ghosts)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
Nintendo's Son Goku
Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Guy (Final Fight)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Viewtiful Joe
Frogger
Gunstar Red & Blue (Gunstar Heroes)

And that's just obscure ones I could think of.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Let's assume that Snake, Sonic, and Megaman are playable, here are some possible Assist Trophy characters

Alex Kidd
Toejam & Earl
Elite Beat Agents
Phoenix Wright
Ecco the Dolphin
Vectorman
Pulseman
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Acadamy)
Grit (Advance Wars)
Hunting Dog (Duck Hunt)
Lip (Panel De Pon)
Vic Viper (Gradius)
Dracula (Castlevania)
Goemon (Mystical Ninja)
Mother Brain (Metroid)
Mother Brain (Phantasy Star)
Sketch Turner (Comix Zone)
Ax Battler (Golden Axe)
Blaze (Streets of Rage)
Akira (Virtua Fighter)
Arthur (Ghouls 'N Ghosts)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
Nintendo's Son Goku
Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Guy (Final Fight)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Viewtiful Joe
Frogger
Gunstar Red & Blue (Gunstar Heroes)

And that's just obscure ones I could think of.
Why not just put the name of the game for EVERYONE? I don't know the first seven (except Phoenix Wright), nor do I know who Nintendo's Son Goku is.

I think the creator of this topic should delete the extra s in the title...it's bothering me =/.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Why not just put the name of the game for EVERYONE? I don't know the first seven (except Phoenix Wright), nor do I know who Nintendo's Son Goku is.

I think the creator of this topic should delete the extra s in the title...it's bothering me =/.
Not to insult or say that your resolve for Smash Bros. isn't genuine at all, but...

They let you post on a video game forum nowadays without even knowing who Ecco the Dolphin is!?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Not to insult or say that your resolve for Smash Bros. isn't genuine at all, but...

They let you post on a video game forum nowadays without even knowing who Ecco the Dolphin is!?
I'd have to say...yeah they let me post on a video game forum nowadays without even knowing who Ecco the Dolphin is XP. You can't really expect everyone to know every single video game character that exists. Plus I don't have enough money to buy a Wii by myself, so I wouldn't even know what games are on the virtual console nor would I know that many games that aren't recently released =/.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say...yeah they let me post on a video game forum nowadays without even knowing who Ecco the Dolphin is XP. You can't really expect everyone to know every single video game character that exists. Plus I don't have enough money to buy a Wii by myself, so I wouldn't even know what games are on the virtual console nor would I know that many games that aren't recently released =/.
I know, don't worry. Alex Kidd, Ecco, Toejam & Earl, and Vectorman were all very big Sega titles back in the 16-bit days, and they all starred in self-named games, so there's no point in listing their games.

It's not like I'm really that surprised that a new generation of gamers might not know about them, but...it still hurts a little, inside. ;) (Ecco was, arguably, Sega's second biggest property behind Sonic back in the day, and has seen iterations up 'til the Dreamcast, which was then ported to PS2.)

But Elite Beat Agents is a really recent and semi-popular property, so I'm pretty surprised about that, nonetheless.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Slippy AT: appears in ship with other ship behind that fire lasers chasing him around the stage until he finally crashes into the stage and dies, because he sucks at life. Text box appear while annoying the crap out of the other players with that god awful voice.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think the dog from Duck Hunt would be the best "Goldeen" of ATs. Star Fox characters like Slippy and Peppy would be attackers if they were ATs.

I hope they come up with some really off the wall ATs. Like Bleak, the snowman boss in Donkey Kong Country 3. He would pop up in the background and throw snowballs at people.

Top Bottom