• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Yoshi Main

Metatitan

Smash Master
Let's join the character bandwagon and start one of these threads.

My confession, ive never been to an offline tourny :cry:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm to young to travel, as of right now. But come summer I can stay with my cousins in an area with a smash scene. Whoo.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
lol i never been to an offline tourny either and played my first offline match vs a human last week (after maining yoshi since july.

im goin to an offline school tourny on april 3rd =] its might be 4 player fffs =/, i might be able to change that

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I hate this video game and play Melee mostly. However, sometimes I'll go to a Brawl tournament and will just play friendlies and just decimate everyone. The only person who beat me in friendlies last time was Bwett and he won 1 of 2. This game has no learning curve, I only play once every 2 or 3 months.

Edit: Oh, and that same day I beat Mr. 3000's Sonic in friendlies. You don't need a big knowledge of this game to do well, just an understanding of competitive gaming.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I just started playing yoshi 3 days ago

But I'm having a lot of fun and I think he's a great character to pair up with weegee :)

I hope everyone around here is nice I kind of suck with him right now

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm too poor for Tournaments, and I don't have Wi-Fi to practice people on. : (

And I can't DR. :cry:

Airborne

Smash Lord
I just started playing yoshi 3 days ago

But I'm having a lot of fun and I think he's a great character to pair up with weegee :)

I hope everyone around here is nice I kind of suck with him right now
greg, what you be doing here? >.>

i don't know how to play any other character... that's my confession... =\

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Another confession I **** falcos and mks but suck against sonics

Another confession I am HORRIBLE at dittos.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I live in an area with no competitive smash scene so I must travel at least 2 hours to get to a tournament. Gas starts to get a little heavy on the wallet.

bigman40

Smash Master
My confession is that I'm not the astonishing Yoshi mainer some people have hyped me up as, and that I'm STILL in a wasteland with no smash scene.

Delvro

Smash Ace
greg, what you be doing here? >.>

i don't know how to play any other character... that's my confession... =\
What's wrong with picking up Yoshi? I've played Brawl long enough to realize that a mid tier character can't do it alone... you fight for your friends :)

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
My confession is that I'm not the astonishing Yoshi mainer some people have hyped me up as, and that I'm STILL in a wasteland with no smash scene.
lol grampz u are wonna of those better yoshis that people look up too(like myself), u just need to get a car (do u have one) and head over to a tourny. go to the tournement forums and post sumthing

bigman40

Smash Master
lol grampz u are wonna of those better yoshis that people look up too(like myself), u just need to get a car (do u have one) and head over to a tourny. go to the tournement forums and post sumthing
Even if I had my car, I wouldn't be as good since I barely have the matchup experience against the common tier characters that are everywhere else. In GA, it's still mostly fresh, where MK, Snake, or D3 haven't populated the area.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
i thought u had some old truck that was broken down but fixed? If not just keep trying i expect u to place well in some big tournys during the summer

bigman40

Smash Master
i thought u had some old truck that was broken down but fixed? If not just keep trying i expect u to place well in some big tournys during the summer
It's not some old truck >.> It's a 1998 S70 Volvo. The ABS (Anti-Braking System) and SRS (The Airbags) are malfunctioning on them. Until my dad gets the money to fix them, I can't do anything.

auroreon

Smash Ace
My confession is that Im considering switching from tap jump to no tap jump...

My other confession is I don't really know how good I am. I've never been to a proper tournament, so the only experience I have is mostly online. I can only play offline with like 3 other competetive smashers I know who live about 100 miles from me.
When I watch vids of the top Yoshis, Bwett, Scatz (lol, but you ARE a top Yoshi!), Green Ace ect. it looks like Im playing as well as them, I see little difference in skill in contrast to replays I save. But how much can I really tell from that.

I'm just dreading going to my first tourney soon, and getting ***** so hard I can never show my face again...

Frown

poekmon
I think Dedede is cooler than Yoshi. v_v

I win more with Bowser than with Yoshi. v_v

I'm a victim of Pikachu's thunder spam despite Yoshi's aerial speed.. v_v

I use Yoshi 1/3 of the times I play Brawl. v_v

Still, I play Yoshi considerably more than any other character.

bigman40

Smash Master
My confession is that Im considering switching from tap jump to no tap jump...

My other confession is I don't really know how good I am. I've never been to a proper tournament, so the only experience I have is mostly online. I can only play offline with like 3 other competetive smashers I know who live about 100 miles from me.
When I watch vids of the top Yoshis, Bwett, Scatz (lol, but you ARE a top Yoshi!), Green Ace ect. it looks like Im playing as well as them, I see little difference in skill in contrast to replays I save. But how much can I really tell from that.

I'm just dreading going to my first tourney soon, and getting ***** so hard I can never show my face again...
You should always look at it as excitement. Tourneys aren't just going there and either ****** people or getting *****. You should have fun, meet new people that might live closer to you, etc. While you may not have a true judgment on your skills, don't place amazingly high expectations on them when you get the chance to go to a tourney. Truthfully, I didn't have high expectations when I went to my first tourney in Waba, yet I managed to place 13th of 40.

auroreon

Smash Ace
You should always look at it as excitement. Tourneys aren't just going there and either ****** people or getting *****. You should have fun, meet new people that might live closer to you, etc. While you may not have a true judgment on your skills, don't place amazingly high expectations on them when you get the chance to go to a tourney. Truthfully, I didn't have high expectations when I went to my first tourney in Waba, yet I managed to place 13th of 40.
Thanks for the encouragement, I actually can't wait to finally attend a real tourney. Who knows maybe I'll win! =D

Metatitan

Smash Master
another confession, i use puff as a counter to yoshi instead of doing a ditto. i suck at dittos :cry:
lol my puff has so many yoshi skins...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I also main Snake.

Also, I don't go to many tourneys.

I wanted to be the Big Boss of Yoshis.

And I have more fun playing Metal Gear Solid 3 than Brawl.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I hate this video game and play Melee mostly. However, sometimes I'll go to a Brawl tournament and will just play friendlies and just decimate everyone.
This is me also. Cept I'm horrible at brawl. I dont have the patience to play brawl. It seems only way to win is to camp. I enter the smaller melee side tournaments and play melee friendlies all day.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
omg what's with ohio players and wiichuck style? XD nicalobe and ybm reppin'!!!
Well, the WiiChuck control is the pro control, and all of Ohio is pro. :laugh:

Just kidding, I actually don't have any cube controllers so I picked up WiiChuck and, with some switched controls, loved how it felt.

Top Bottom