• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comprehensive "Guide" to Fixed and Set Knockback? (title pending)

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
I found one I'm (almost) sure of: Luigi's Ftilt tilted down. It has the same effect as Snake's knee. (too bad it doesn't actually knee lock because of the start up time and lag :( )

I tested it on a Mr. G&W at 0% and 999% on the ground. It probably won't have the same effect on someone in the air.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I found one I'm (almost) sure of: Luigi's Ftilt tilted down. It has the same effect as Snake's knee. (too bad it doesn't actually knee lock because of the start up time and lag :( )

I tested it on a Mr. G&W at 0% and 999% on the ground. It probably won't have the same effect on someone in the air.
Only angled down?

Test on a few more characters, because thats strange.

1 :mewtwo: 422

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ok, last thing to test xD sorry (really centered on my trusted testers atm... wish one of them could back you)

Go to .vs Mode, hit your opponent once with it down. End game, then press A twice and scroll down.

Find "Max Launcher Speed" for Luigi.

Then rack up damage (probably using SINGLE JAB's....) to about 100%

Then dtilt again.

Then check the Max Launcher Speed for Luigi.

Tell me if its the same.

1 :mewtwo: 420

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Just wanted to say something about 3 D-airs with grounded hitboxes if the move isn't finished:

Mario's has set knockback.

Bowser's does not.

Kirby's has set knockback. (was a pain to test since the D-air itself doesn't have set knockback)

Just felt like throwing this out there. >.> Not gonna test in Vs. mode, it's a pain. XP

Hype

Smash Lord
someone should test the foot hitbox of marths Usmash. Just make your opponant MK of battle field and make them hang on the ledge, then do a running Usmash and only the foot hitbox will hit.

Also what about set knockback from hazzards (ie. the catapault on pirate ship).

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
someone should test the foot hitbox of marths Usmash. Just make your opponant MK of battle field and make them hang on the ledge, then do a running Usmash and only the foot hitbox will hit.

Also what about set knockback from hazzards (ie. the catapault on pirate ship).
Marth's usmash was tested already. As for the hazards...eh.

Interesting idea and all n the hazards, but very rarely will it become a factor since most "hazard stages" are banned. I'll check some hazards just for completeness I suppose.

Hype

Smash Lord
Marth's usmash was tested already.
Was the foot hitbox tested? I will test it for you.

Marth hitting MK with the foot hitbox of hit Usmash

0% - 4571 mph
300% - 4571 mph

Vs Falco

0% - 4579 mph
360% - 4579 mph

Vs G&W

0% - 4571 mph
360% - 4571 mph

Doesn't this make it fixed?

Laem

Smash Champion
I dont know how much you really care, but Dedede's uair n dair need (excluding last hit), so do links upsmash and bair

Top Bottom