• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1-18

[3] Darkpit54: Boomfrog, #HBC FrozeηFlame, Xivii
[3] mərcurı: somitomi, Darkpit54, Chaco
[1] #HBC FrozeηFlame: osieorb18
[1] Xivii : UtopianPoyzin

[1] Not Voting: mərcurı

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Day 1 Deadline is at 11 PM UTC on Saturday August 8th; less than 1 hour remains.

NB the vote in #874 was not counted as it violates rule 10:
Vote: Mercuri

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not sure if everyone received a notification, but it looks like the board will be down tomorrow. Could possibly setup private chats on discord for the time being.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Note to self for the night phase and following day phase: Frozen is still probably scum, and take another close look at BoomFrog just in case since I've been getting soft pings there recently.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Zomg... mer is going to flip town. DP's had so many little scum slips. I know they are a super nice dude, but that's the player, not the slot. Scum team is DP + Xivii. Or DP + Somi.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Boom, I don't know how to make you see that I'm not. Maybe I don't need to, because you already know that. But now we have another Day to work it out

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS

this is not a 'ba✰✰✰✰d' mafia game.

all information given to players is as accurate as possible.

we encourage players who have questions to ask the moderators directly.

==============================================

Due to maintenance taking place on Smashboards, I will be extending the Night Phase for 24 hours longer than planned.

If you do not wish to wait around, please reply to your role PM with a request for Fast Night.

If I receive a request from all living players, I will shorten the deadline again.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Day 1 Ends

mərcurı
has been eliminated, they were:

alignment- town
role- bird watcher
active abilities- each night, you may send me the name of a player. you will watch that player and learn the names of any birds that visit them.
passive abilities- none
Night 1 Begins

Night 1 Deadline is at 10 PM UTC on Tuesday August 11th; this deadline occurs at an earlier time of day.

please also see my previous post for an option for 'Fast Night'

sleep well xxx

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Night 1 Ends

During the night, osieorb18 has been eliminated, they were:

alignment- town
role- slow bodyguard
active abilities- each night, you may send me the name of a player. you will protect that player with your own life; any killing actions that target them will affect you instead.
passive abilities- your active ability will take effect only after all other actions and abilities have resolved
Day 2 Begins

Votecount 2-0

[7] Not Voting: Chaco, DarkPit54, somitomi, #HBC FrozeηFlame, BoomFrog, UtopianPoyzin, Xivii

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

Day 2 Deadline is at 11 PM UTC on Monday August 17th; which is 6 days' time (one less than Day 1).

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Noooo Osie :(

His role seems like it definitely didn't actually do anything though, as the kill would resolve first. Right?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah so we are definitely dealing with bunk roles. So I see no point in not mass claiming.

Order of claims should still be starting with the most suss spots.

I would prefer Somi first, then UP, then Xivii, Frozen, Boom.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also a point to consider, I tried to draw NK before EOD by asking DP who he would kill as scum and he said me. Non DP scum would likely kill me to try and paint a floppy connection to him. The fact I didn’t get NKd could be indicative of scumDP. But really holds no basis other than hypothetically. Truthfully nothing to go off of but I wanted to put out why I asked him at day end.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I’ll claim first as the pop-gun vigilante, that way I don’t have to claim second today because I said I was not going to claim second and that is what I am most adamant about.

That mercuri yeet was the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a really really long time and the scum behind it have my utmost disappointment.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
And I don't care about the order much. Somi can claim now, no need to wait.

Xiivi Xiivi I still think your town, but man that was a bad move. Xivii-DP doesn't make sense after I thought about it more. Anyway, why'd you do it?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’ll claim first as the pop-gun vigilante, that way I don’t have to claim second today because I said I was not going to claim second and that is what I am most adamant about.

That mercuri yeet was the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a really really long time and the scum behind it have my utmost disappointment.
Why the adamance in first and not second?

Also yeah it’s not ideal, but as stated I would rather have that yeet now instead of further down the road when we would have needed content from them in a make or break scenario.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xiivi and DP doesn’t make sense together as you stated.

The NK on Osie seems like a move from some thinking scum due to Osie’s suspicion on Xivii, as that was the other viable non policy wagon. I don’t think I see scumXivii NKing his biggest accuser. Thoughts here?

If scum DP his options would be UP, Somi, or FF. PoE from heavier town read on FF would leave UP and Somi. Also possible for UP to be paired with Somi. Somi also could be paired with Boom. But I don’t see scumBoom atm. That would be a for sure no if DP is yeeted and scum cause that would solidify town Xivii and Boom

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Also yeah it’s not ideal, but as stated I would rather have that yeet now instead of further down the road when we would have needed content from them in a make or break scenario.
Except it's very possible for Mercuri to redeem themselves with more content. But I will never trust DP fully after the B-game weird logic. DP was a better elim.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Except it's very possible for Mercuri to redeem themselves with more content. But I will never trust DP fully after the B-game weird logic. DP was a better elim.
DP has a much better chance at being scum than Mercuri did. If you narrow the pool with percentages right now he’s a 43% chance within a 3 person PoE pool.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
DP has a much better chance at being scum than Mercuri did. If you narrow the pool with percentages right now he’s a 43% chance within a 3 person PoE pool.
So why'd you go for the mer yeet then?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Xiivi I still think your town, but man that was a bad move. Xivii-DP doesn't make sense after I thought about it more. Anyway, why'd you do it?
It was optimal actually. We got three things out of it:

1. Eliminated Mercuri, who was a liability. You say he could have redeemed himself, but there was no evidence of it and I wasn't putting the fate of the game in an unknown.

2. It eliminated osie. Had we eliminated darkpit, osie would be the number one suspect, and scum would have had two nights to kill town "clears" (those who heavily pushed darkpit: Chaco, Xivii, Boom). One Night 1, then one after the osie yeet.

3. We now have hard evidence on who the second scum is:

If it really comes down to this choice, DarkPit wouldn't be my primary target, but they're better than mercuri from an information perspective.
Honesty, let's just body Merc the **** outta here and regroup tomorrow.

##Vote: Mercuri
Do you really think that's going to get tracktion in one hour?
Sigh
##Vote: mercuri
You fool. What are you doing. Scum is in your grasp. I wont let you do this!

##Vote: Darkpit
What? Why?
somi "preferred darkpit" over Merc, but after I opened up the opportunity to a Merc yeet, he was reluctant to switch back during that period, even though he had ample time to do so and darkpit was sitting at L-1.

##Vote: Darkpit

Chaco

Never Logs In
Pretty much exactly what Xivii quoted. At that point he was an unknown with a 25% chance. I think it sets a tone as well that lurking/lack of activity won’t skate any longer. A major issue for me with UPs game was it was so hard to read from inactives to replacements and that truthfully plagues a game. Like thankfully 3DS was replaced quickly, can you imagine Osie coming in on day before deadline? It would’ve been a mess rather than days beforehand and allowing time for discussion to evolve.

But yes, DP should have been the D1 yeet but I don’t think Merc was a bad move at all from a game feel perspective.

I really dislike UPs reaction time the Merc Lynch though beginning of Day here. Doesn’t feel genuine.

So DP, Somi and UP are the PoE here. Osie makes sense as a DP NK also because I think from his perspective It would shift some focus into Xivii because he was his main suspect. It’s a pretty telling NK I think. Cause Osie was not the likely choice Imo, also him saying hardclaiming a protective role might attract new scum which is another reason I would think Somi/DP team.

FF target would make sense being Osie, but I’m not getting any scum vibes there. Also likely FF would’ve NKd me to frame DP on me, I think Xivii would do the same probably.

UP would make sense for Osie targeting as well.

Boom I don’t know.But once again no scum vibes there, so for now we look past any speculation there.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

Why did you think there was a role cop?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why the adamance in first and not second?
No reason :p

I really dislike UPs reaction time the Merc Lynch though beginning of Day here.
I’ll say it again. Killing mercuri did basically nothing, it wasn’t even a good policy yeet, and it was so blatantly scum-motivated.

Top Bottom