• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
~~ Interested in playing Mafia on Smashboards? Click here for more information ~~

Completely Vanilla Mafia
an #HBC Kary production
in association with giraffelasergun

~~ Starring~~
1. Chaco
2. 3DSNinja osieorb18
3. mərcurı
4. DarkPit54
5. somitomi
6. #HBC FrozeηFlame
7. BoomFrog
8. Utopian Poyzin
9. Xivii Ranmaru

~~ Also Featuring~~
1. osieorb18
2. Ranmaru
3. Bessie
4. fontisian
5. Yourself?

~~ Spectators Welcome~~
If you were not in the game, and want to be added to the spectator chats,
please message me directly and I will try and sort you out. This is a limited-time offer.​

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Rules:
1. Be nice
2. No cheating
3. Don't make me chase you for poor activity.
4. Once you're dead, don't post in the thread, and don't 'like' anything either.
4a. Exception: You are allowed one 'go town' or 'go scum' post.
5. Don't talk about the game outside of this thread while it's running, whether you're dead or alive.
6. Do not quote, link, screenshot, or otherwise directly refer to any part of any conversation with me, including your role PM.
7. Also don't quote, link, etc. any private communications with other players, including hydra partners.
8. Don't edit your posts. Multi-posting is fine.
9. Don't post during the Night phase.
10. You can vote and unvote with the commands "##vote: example" and "##unvote". votes without '##' will not be counted.
11. If I come up with any more rules, you have to follow those too.

Important Information:
All roles are assigned at random
If you don't send me a Night action, no action will be taken.
If you don't reach a majority elimination, no elimination will occur.
Day 1's deadline will be 7 days. Day 2's will be 6 days, and so on to a minimum of 3 days.
Town win condition: you win when all threats to your faction are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.
If you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Navigation

Full Game Reveal
3DSNinja is replaced by osieorb18
mərcurı, Town Bird Watcher - eliminated Day 1
osieorb18, Town Slow Bodyguard - died Night 1
Darkpit54, Town Noisy Child - eliminated Day 2
Chaco, Town Self-Doubting Miller - died Night 2
Xivii is replaced by Ranmaru
BoomFrog, Town Distracted Mailman - eliminated Day 3
UtopianPoyzin, Town Popgun Vigilante - loses in endgame
Ranmaru, Town Novice of All Trades - loses in endgame
somitomi, Mafia Anti-Social Neighbor - wins
#HBC FrozeηFlame, Mafia 2nd Deputy - wins

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
3. Don't make me chase you for poor activity.
oooo Karebear you're an athlete?? I didn't know you could run!

How fast do you run? Are you trying to be the next Usain Bolt?

(will possibly 'in)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
/out. Sorry for the false alarm, but some RL stuff has come up. Maybe another time.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
thinking about starting this soon with 9 players... within a week.

if people are still on the fence about joining, now is a great time to show your interest.
if people want to sign up as replacements or are interested in being a co-mod, that's also good.

deadlines are gonna be at 11pm UTC unless something changes.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
/in

gg no res

If necessary, I'm willing to /sub instead.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
thinking about starting this soon with 9 players... within a week.

if people are still on the fence about joining, now is a great time to show your interest.
if people want to sign up as replacements or are interested in being a co-mod, that's also good.

deadlines are gonna be at 11pm UTC unless something changes.
I can co-host if you're still looking for one.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
yoooo
i am in fact here
Hey. Now that last game is resolved and we can openly talk about your problem last game. And I think we should talk about it before we start next game so you don't have to worry about trust or alignments.

Are you going to be okay with fully participating this game?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Yes, I will be. I finished all the work I had anyways, so I'll be good now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
**** it /in to REPLACEMENT

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
3DSNinja 3DSNinja Suggestion: Take notes. Think more about your posts before you post them. (Yes I know, scum do that too, but it helps townies survive too, what matters is you look for scum) Thinking carefully about what you'll say will probably help with surviving, and that was your intention with standing back. Try your best to give scum reads if in doubt of what to do. Go from there. Good luck.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Follow up: X1-12 suggested this to me long ago:

If a question does any of the following, then delete it:

1.) Creates unecessary WIFOM
2.) Has already been answered
3.) Is stupid: ie a question which does not indicate anyones alignment or connections, or is so simple that it gains nothing -i.e saying "are you scum"
4.)is rolefishing

If you find an accusation do the following, if it fails or proves to be useless then delete it:

Think through the possibility of this accusation being true, is it mechanically possible? After that you need to consider the following factors:

1.)What existing discussion there has been on this topic.
-> 1.a)What reasoning there is for this accusation, and what evidence there is to support this
-> 1.b)What reasoning against is there to this accusation and what evidnence is there to support this
-> 1.c)Is it truly scummy? What possible reasons could they have for doing this? At this point you should decided whether something is clear-cut scummy or not. Consider asking for explanations instead of accusing because you still have the option to vote if you aren't satisfied with their responses. Could they merely be wrong instead of scummy? Sometimes (only sometimes) you might suspect someone has a PR and thus its best not to mention something, for example if someone refuses to talk about someone or is calling someone town for no reasons it could be because they have an inno on them or something. Consider noting this down for later, for example if you suspect they do have an inno, or are in a masonry, and they later claim something else, question them upon it.

2.) The likelyhood based on game flavour and set-up of the accusation being true. If you suspect someone is mafia, yet has a cop innocent on them then thats a strong sign they're not mafia.
-> 2.a) At this injuntction you should remember the most important fact about mafia. Scum Lie. If the cop's claim is unverified, or partially verified, then take that into account. For example if 4 players can verify the cop claim and a miller/godfather has already flipped, then an unCC'ed cop should be taken as pretty much true, but if its an unverified claim, then that cop's result should still be an influence, but less solid a fact i.e you should use it as merely one of the factors influencing your decision.

If you find something like this "Well its possible that scum did it to fool us, but we can't tell" then delete it. If you are "just wandering to yourself" or just "thinking aloud" then DON'T If its a general question and there's no answer to it, don't ask it. Look at this from KSSU:"Either he didn't read much (therefore NOT noticing it and other things), or he is playing dumb." That is in no way useful. DONT POST THIS ****.

Once you have condensed your post down by deleting everything I tell you to here, read the post to make sure its actually coherent to anyone who can't see your thought process and try to check for at least basic grammar/spelling mistakes.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I will say I’m impressed with how sign ups in this game filled as UPs game finished so it allows little to no play gap.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I'm here. But I'm also on vacation and I'm gonna get little computer time until Thursday. Dammit.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No more posting.
With 9/9 confirmed, game starts in ~ 1 hour. Sending role PMs now.
If anyone has any questions, please message myself and giraffelasergun.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Day 1 Begins

ANNOUNCEMENT: Darkpit54's role is: Noisy Child

Votecount 1-0

[9] Not Voting - Chaco, 3DSNinja, mərcurı, DarkPit54, somitomi, #HBC FrozeηFlame, BoomFrog, UtopianPoyzin, Xivii

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Deadline is at 11 PM UTC on Saturday August 8th

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
What up guys? So y’all remember how I gave Xiv so much **** for how “chocolate” should’ve been played? Well, I’m a miller variant, so self-fulfilling prophecy ensue; so here’s my first post claim since I preached that for a few day phases.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm beginning to think that this game is very much NOT completely Vanilla. What if no one is vanilla???

Anyway UP asked us not to vote him, which is clearly scum indicative

##Vote: Utopian

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
And I still voted incorrectly. Sigh.

I'm beginning to think that this game is very much NOT completely Vanilla. What if no one is vanilla???

Anyway UP asked us not to vote him, which is clearly scum indicative

##Vote: Utopian
I imagine it is, as Osie puts it, deceptively low power. In other words, it is probably that all or most of us have roles that seem to do something on the surface, but in reality are simply dressed up vanilla roles.

Chaco

Never Logs In
From my role it seems kindve bastardy in a sense, but not sure how the rest of the game. But completely vanilla is definitely not the case here. Lol.

##Vote: FrozenFlame

No room for me in your pocket, homie.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
And I still voted incorrectly. Sigh.

I imagine it is, as Osie puts it, deceptively low power. In other words, it is probably that all or most of us have roles that seem to do something on the surface, but in reality are simply dressed up vanilla roles.
Hmmm this could be accurate. It at least seems to fit mine and Chaco's claim lol. Ig time will tell.

The existence of a Miller suggests some form of investigative role though, right? So that's good for us, even if it's a weaker one

Top Bottom