• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Oh Heaven...
Coincidentally, I was the one who requested the 1st and 3rd pics. Well, the 1st one was a birthday gift 2 years ago. Shocking, huh (more electric puns)? :p
Wait, you mean you commissioned those pictures from those artists?
Well, even more shocking is the fact that the three pictures actually create a sequence.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wait, you mean you commissioned those pictures from those artists?
Well, even more shocking is the fact that the three pictures actually create a sequence.
Actually free requests. The first one was a surprise, though all I requested was a Pit x Phosphora pic. So it is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm generally not very interested in romance related stuff, but there is a certain appeal to thinking about how certain characters would work romantically. Here goes:

Rosalina X Bowser
Somewhat of a crack pairing, but...they just work!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
REGGIE X WII FIT TRAINER!!!!!

Ok, I'm done.
This thread is disgusting.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot to mention the by-far most beautiful girl in Smash!
MEGA BIDOOF X ROSALINA!!!!!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina x Sonic also could have an interesting dynamic, I think.

Captain Falcon x Fabulous Falcon is a must! :p

And Peach x Sonic for the lulz.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Damn, you beat me to it. :p

Also, Rosalina x Sonic art ACTUALLY exists, surprisingly:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Let's get to some practical Sonic Fan Art! Shall we?
image.jpg

It's getting hard to go looking for Fanart these days, because you're guaranteed to see some pretty crazy random weird art by oddball fans. This is one of few that's actually clean.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Let's get to some practical Sonic Fan Art! Shall we?
View attachment 10727
It's getting hard to go looking for Fanart these days, because you're guaranteed to see some pretty crazy random weird art by oddball fans. This is one of few that's actually clean.
The oddball stuff is what I go for. It makes me laugh.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Stan Marsh x San Dieg....oh wait, this is Smash Bros.

Anyway, more Rosalina X Sonic:

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I guess it depends on what you mean by "oddball."
Ganon x Tingle.
Tingle x Hand.
Tingle x Tingle.
Tingle.
I go for anything that looks cute or funny or a combination of the 2. xD
Some of the "legitimate" pairings are nice. Link x Zelda, Pit x Palutena, etc.
Though, for those two pairings in particular, I'm still not sure if OoT Link and Zelda are related by blood. Palutena may be too much of an authority figure towards Pit, so that might get in the way of any romantic energy between them.
If that was the case, I'd recommend Pit to start warming up to Phosphora or something.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Though, for those two pairings in particular, I'm still not sure if OoT Link and Zelda are related by blood. Palutena may be too much of an authority figure towards Pit, so that might get in the way of any romantic energy between them.
If that was the case, I'd recommend Pit to start warming up to Phosphora or something.
I rarely ever care about actual ship pairings.

In fact to this day. The only pairing I actually care about is for Awakening of Avatar (aka me) x Olivia. xD

I just look for any shippings I think look cute and/or funny lol.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I rarely ever care about actual ship pairings.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm pretty mild myself.
Though, it would have been way more interesting if we had people on these forums who were crazy adamant about their really specific oddball pairings, to the point where they engaged in shipping wars with other users.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like funny pairings, cute ones, or ones that are actually touching. I don't do much shipping though, and I never do it because I think two characters look sexy together (which is why I still ship interspecies ones, as I don't think about it in a sexual context).

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Ganon x Tingle.
Tingle x Hand.
Tingle x Tingle.
Tingle.

But "legitimate" pairings aren't Smash shippings :I

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm generally not very interested in romance related stuff, but there is a certain appeal to thinking about how certain characters would work romantically. Here goes:

Rosalina X Bowser
Somewhat of a crack pairing, but...they just work!

Hehe, I dunno what made this artist think these two would go well together. But as MonK4 said, its only wish fulfillment on part of the artist. After Bowser tried to conquer the cosmos and harness the force of the Power Stars to make his own galaxy, I suppose the protector of the freakin' cosmos has some bad blood with him. :laugh:

You know who I think would make an adorable couple? Luigi x Rosalina! If you think about it, these kindred spirits have so much compatibility! Possibly one of the most relatable video game couples of all time.

It's a shame Nintendo still let's him flounder around with that dull, marginal plank of wood Daisy. Really, Luigi could just keep in touch with Daisy and they'd be friends, much like with what's implied between Mario and Pauline. Luigi lacks confidence and his cowardice is quite prominent. He's capable of accomplishing great odds, even if he knows it. But he always puts himself down even for the sake of Mario, whom he swallows his envy for the sake of Mario's adventures.

Rosalina always brooded in her loneliness and became a little bit stoic from it because she longs for her mother. No one else, not even the Lumas, have ever gave her a bond to mend those feelings and make her feel cared. Even as Mario and the gang take her along for kart racing, sports, and even adventures, something still feels very off inside her. The Lumas and her friends, all a placebo numb to her ailing heart. You can imagine watching over the universe and raising her Lumas to become celestial objects is a lot of busy work, which exerts stress and responsibility on her.

You got one guy who thinks he's a loser. One girl who doesn't realize that people care about her. Troubled souls who sure could find some solace between each other. The potential for this pairing is huge and neither of them aren't scared to speak about it to the other. Plus, Luigi gets to be a daddy of all those adorable little Lumas! Who wouldn't want to chase those little wads of stardust around and play tag and hide-and-seek with them?

Needs more intimate pics! <3

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In case you didn't notice, I stated that Bowser X Rosalina is a "crack pairing". It's not one I think is seriously magical or realistic, it's just one that's cute in a funny way. In fact, art like the one I posted is why I like it. It's just cute and kind

I do agree with what you said about Luigi X Rosalina, though, and I used to ship them. I even made a post with very similar points to yours on another forum. Not so much anymore, though - I actually feel like it's more gratifying if Luigi is a lone wolf (helps distinguish him from Mario, and emphasises his ability to overcome fear despite being a scaredy cat). And while I think Rosalina could benefit from a lover, she doesn't NEED one, and within the Mario canon, I think it's cool to have a "Princess" character that don't need no man.

The only serious ship I now have for Rosalina is Sonic X Rosalina (partly because it can't ever be canon). I do see these two as capable of AT LEAST a romantic friendship. And while I know people will think it's absurd because inter-species, Romantic attraction/relationship =/= Sexual attraction/relationship. I ship Rosalina and Sonic romantically, not sexually (in fact, I consider Sonic to be asexual, to the point where any sort of sexual reference would go over his head...that, and I NEVER understood the idea of shipping characters for the purpose of envisioning them in a sexual context, unless it's for a dirty joke. The only person I ship Rosalina with sexually is ME! :p). Which is perfectly fine, as Sonic is human in terms of his personality.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I do agree with what you said about Luigi X Rosalina, though, and I used to ship them. I even made a post with very similar points to yours on another forum. Not so much anymore, though - I actually feel like it's more gratifying if Luigi is a lone wolf (helps distinguish him from Mario, and emphasises his ability to overcome fear despite being a scaredy cat). And while I think Rosalina could benefit from a lover, she doesn't NEED one, and within the Mario canon, I think it's cool to have a "Princess" character that don't need no man.
It's not like Luigi's ability to overcome his fears would be destroyed if he were to get with Rosalina. His canon pairing doesn't do that to him either. Anyone who's been in a relationship knows that getting someone to notice you and professing your love for them is another fear in itself. Hence why Luigi is a strong character to deal with fear despite the humility he may put on himself because of it. As for Rosalina, just because she is a strong, independent women doesn't mean she's forbidden to love someone even if Luigi has to rescue her or something.

sonicbrawler182 said:
The only serious ship I now have for Rosalina is Sonic X Rosalina (partly because it can't ever be canon). I do see these two as capable of AT LEAST a romantic friendship. And while I know people will think it's absurd because inter-species, Romantic attraction/relationship =/= Sexual attraction/relationship. I ship Rosalina and Sonic romantically, not sexually (in fact, I consider Sonic to be asexual, to the point where any sort of sexual reference would go over his head...that, and I NEVER understood the idea of shipping characters for the purpose of envisioning them in a sexual context, unless it's for a dirty joke. The only person I ship Rosalina with sexually is ME! :p). Which is perfectly fine, as Sonic is human in terms of his personality.
Romance and sex often go hand-in-hand, unless two people wish to be platonic. But I can understand pairings for both purposes alone, really. Personally, I don't like to imagine Nintendo (Fire Emblem has exceptions) and certain Sega characters in sexual situations because its kind of disrespectful to them. I'll take it your comfortable telling this realm of the Internet that you like to think of Rosalina that way. :p

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hehe, I dunno what made this artist think these two would go well together. But as MonK4 said, its only wish fulfillment on part of the artist. After Bowser tried to conquer the cosmos and harness the force of the Power Stars to make his own galaxy, I suppose the protector of the freakin' cosmos has some bad blood with him. :laugh:

You know who I think would make an adorable couple? Luigi x Rosalina! If you think about it, these kindred spirits have so much compatibility! Possibly one of the most relatable video game couples of all time.

It's a shame Nintendo still let's him flounder around with that dull, marginal plank of wood Daisy. Really, Luigi could just keep in touch with Daisy and they'd be friends, much like with what's implied between Mario and Pauline. Luigi lacks confidence and his cowardice is quite prominent. He's capable of accomplishing great odds, even if he knows it. But he always puts himself down even for the sake of Mario, whom he swallows his envy for the sake of Mario's adventures.

Rosalina always brooded in her loneliness and became a little bit stoic from it because she longs for her mother. No one else, not even the Lumas, have ever gave her a bond to mend those feelings and make her feel cared. Even as Mario and the gang take her along for kart racing, sports, and even adventures, something still feels very off inside her. The Lumas and her friends, all a placebo numb to her ailing heart. You can imagine watching over the universe and raising her Lumas to become celestial objects is a lot of busy work, which exerts stress and responsibility on her.

You got one guy who thinks he's a loser. One girl who doesn't realize that people care about her. Troubled souls who sure could find some solace between each other. The potential for this pairing is huge and neither of them aren't scared to speak about it to the other. Plus, Luigi gets to be a daddy of all those adorable little Lumas! Who wouldn't want to chase those little wads of stardust around and play tag and hide-and-seek with them?

Needs more intimate pics! <3
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIGI GALAXY!

Yes. That's what I got from your post.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Hey e'erbody it's Chuggaaconroy!" Heh, that's what Super Luigi Galaxy makes me think of.

So... are my reasons for that pairing bad or something?
No, I already said that they are fine and that I used to think similarly. I just PERSONALLY developed the mindset that Luigi should remain a lone wolf. I agree with your reasoing for Rosalina x Luigi, I just personally don't ship them madly myself anymore.

Romance and sex often go hand-in-hand, unless two people wish to be platonic. But I can understand pairings for both purposes alone, really. Personally, I don't like to imagine Nintendo (Fire Emblem has exceptions) and certain Sega characters in sexual situations because its kind of disrespectful to them.
Typically, they do, but not all relationships are that simple.
To elaborate on my Sonic x Rosalina idea, I'll repost what I said in my headcanon topic:

Sonic would probably get along really well with Rosalina, to the point of it being kind of romantic (they've recently become a bit of a ship to me, but it could easily be interpreted as purely platonic). The first reason for this is that Sonic is very good with kids. Sonic raised Tails like a little brother, is very nice to Cream where he'd normally be a bit more snarky, and enjoys looking after Chao. He also looked after the robot Emerl, who refers to Sonic as his father countless times. This would translate to Sonic looking after the Lumas if he ever found them in need, and Rosalina would likely notice and would appreciate it deeply. The second reason is that, as proven by the Storybook games, Sonic loves and values literature. He'd probably be one of the first to join one of Rosalina's story time sessions, and this would probably mean a lot to Rosalina, especially if it was her own story about her past that she was reading. Thirdly, Sonic hates crying, or seeing people with deep feelings of loneliness, or seeing people shut themselves away solely for the sake of a duty. Rosalina does all of these things to herself, so Sonic would do something to help her feel better, and wouldn't rest until he sees her at least genuinely smile with a complete feeling of happiness. Sonic has done this with a lot of female characters in the Sonic series, and even some of the guys (like Knuckles and Shadow).
There is more I could say on it, but I think that suffices

I'll take it your comfortable telling this realm of the Internet that you like to think of Rosalina that way.
Dude, who doesn't? :V

Also, why are we not talking about a certain other cute ship:

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Since we seem to be doing this wrong, would you care to give us an example?
Mario x Megaman
Zelda x Donkey Kong
Link x Sonic
Pikachu x Samus
Kirby x ROB
Snake x Captain Falcon
Fox x Jigglypuff
Metaknight x Ganondorf
Bowser x Villager
Yoshi x Squirtle
ect.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Mario x Megaman
Zelda x Donkey Kong
Link x Sonic
Pikachu x Samus
Kirby x ROB
Snake x Captain Falcon
Fox x Jigglypuff
Metaknight x Ganondorf
Bowser x Villager
Yoshi x Squirtle
ect.
We've been doing that, if you look back at some of the previous posts. I'm sorry if the thread title was a bit misleading, but I'm OK with any pairing featuring at least one character that has made an appearance in Smash, whether it's as a character, trophy, sticker, etc.

Top Bottom