• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

Hejjihoggu

Smash Rookie
Rosalina/Palutena anyone?

Also, adding to the conversation about seeing a Smasher paired up with anyone making someone uncomfortable, Remember that this is a Shipping thread (and It's not to be taken seriously), so you have to deal with what someone likes, even if It's like Bowser and Ganondorf being paired up together... I mean you don't have to like the pairing too but don't be a cry baby about it.

Also that was towards no one, I just don't want some person to come in this thread and ruin my fun at looking at these funny as crap pairings.

Last edited:

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
Rosalina/Palutena anyone?

Also, adding to the conversation about seeing a Smasher paired up with anyone making someone uncomfortable, Remember that this is a Shipping thread (and It's not to be taken seriously), so you have to deal with what someone likes, even if It's like Bowser and Ganondorf being paired up together... I mean you don't have to like the pairing too but don't be a cry baby about it.

Also that was towards no one, I just don't want some person to come in this thread and ruin my fun at looking at these funny as crap pairings.
It's pretty obvious that that was directed at the conversation I just had. If you'd go back and actually read it, you'd see that only one person said he/she was "uncomfortable" with smash pairings, and it wasn't me or sonicteam765.

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
Out of all the female characters in smash, I really don't find Rosalina to be particularly attractive. I don't really know anything about her, because I never played mario galaxy, but appearance-wise, she just looks like Peach with an emo fringe to me. And Peach is too cartoony and derpish to look attractive to me. She just has this stupid, unintelligent look on her face all the time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Out of all the female characters in smash, I really don't find Rosalina to be particularly attractive. I don't really know anything about her, because I never played mario galaxy, but appearance-wise, she just looks like Peach with an emo fringe to me. And Peach is too cartoony and derpish to look attractive to me. She just has this stupid, unintelligent look on her face all the time.
HOW MANY TIMES MUST I HEAR THIS
SHOULD I DEBUNK AGAIN?

Hejjihoggu

Smash Rookie
she just looks like Peach with an emo fringe to me.
Wow, that sounds like me. I thought the same thing too before I got to know something about Rosalina. Also, I heard a rumor that Rosalina was suppose to be Peach's sister, but Nintendo scrapped it?

Also, I only played the first Mario Galaxy and that was a long time ago. If anyone is a major Rosalina fan, maybe they can get you up to speed with a summery of Rosalina?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How can you "debunk" it? I'm not making an argument for why Rosalina is objectively bad, I'm just making a statement of what I don't personally find attractive.
Because you have to literally need to go to Specsavers if you think Rosalina looks like Peach, especially at this stage.

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
Wow, that sounds like me. I thought the same thing too before I got to know something about Rosalina. Also, I heard a rumor that Rosalina was suppose to be Peach's sister, but Nintendo scrapped it?

Also, I only played the first Mario Galaxy and that was a long time ago. If anyone is a major Rosalina fan, maybe they can get you up to speed with a summery of Rosalina?
I'm not talking about her character, just her appearance. I have no doubt that personality-wise, sh'es probably different from Peach.

Morbi

Scavenger
Robin X Lucina used to be my Fire Emblem: Awakening ship; however, as they are both currently present in the latest installment of Smash, Robin X Lucina iz muh OTP 5EVA ind Byond!

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
Wow so different
BROKEN IMAGES DSAJGHDYHGFMNHSDHFSMNLKDFGJSDFLKDFGSdf

Last edited:

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
????

Anyway, let me fix that:

Something is very noticeably wrong...
Imgur is being stupid and I keep getting broken images. Anyway, how can you say that they don't look similar? They have the same exact face, almost the same hair, similar tiaras, and they're both wearing ball gown-ish dresses.

Hejjihoggu

Smash Rookie
Rosalina with Peach's eyes scare me.

And also, even if they do look a bit alike, Obviously Rosalina will play more differently than Peach... because she has Luma by her side. I would make a list of why both are so different, but I'm lazy.

And... this is getting off topic. We're suppose to be posting about Shippings, not only about Rosalina and Peach.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll just copy paste this write-up I did a while ago in another topic (it was in response to the question "why is Rosalina considered more attractive than Peach by many, when they look so similar?")

------------------------

I could write an essay on how Rosalina looks almost nothing like Peach beyond being a woman, and beyond being drawn by the same artist and in the same style.

But to start, let's just say - Peach (and Daisy) has a perfectly symmetrical design. Rosalina has a very asymmetrical design.
Also, look at any picture where one's head is put on the other's body. It's actually really jarring and really emphasises the differences between them.

However, I do think Peach is cute (and looks really good in this game), but she's more "hot cute girl". Rosalina is a mature, gorgeous, and beautifully sexy goddess of a woman. Plenty of people think Peach is pretty too, though, myself included. I just like Rosalina a whole lot more.

It may also help Rosalina's case that, in the Mario games, Peach looks flat chested in her dress, while Rosalina has a very defined bust. This is most noticeable in 3D World, not only because you can put them side by side (giving them both a Mega Mushroom makes it easier to compare them since the camera is normally quite far back), but also because Small Rosalina and Small Peach basically look like babies, yet Rosalina still has clearly defined breasts in her small form despite that, while Peach looks completely flat chested and completely baby-like in her small form. Which is really ****ing creepy and weird. And before anyone calls me out, I have never compared them like that. It's just really noticeable that you can tell even from memory, especially because of how the developers didn't really reduce Rosalina's breast size for her Small Rosalina form, which I find awfully disturbing.

When it comes to Smash though, Sakurai gives Peach more of a bust, to help his flirtier and sexier portrayal of her become more appealing.

However, Peach is often rejected as a character due to being handled terribly in half of the games where she has a story role. As we all know, she gets kidnapped too much. She has been handled great in some games though, such as the Sports games and Super Paper Mario. However, outside of maybe Kerri Kane being a bit of an unfitting voice for her in MK7 and Mario Golf, Rosalina has always been an extremely appealing character, and has never been portrayed in a way that makes her look bad.

More aesthetic differences I can quickly note:

-Distinctly different eye shape and eye lash pattern.
-Peach has a puffy face, Rosalina has a very slender one.
-Rosalina is a giant, she is taller than Ganondorf canonically. Peach is a petite woman. If both women were real, I'd be at least half a head taller than Peach, but Rosalina would absolutely tower over me. This by extension means they have different body builds.
-Peach has longer hair overall, but Rosalina has a thicker fringe.
-Peach has a fittingly "peachy" skin tone, Rosalina is completely pale.
-Rosalina has extremely well defined and mature shoulders (that I personally find to be quite the turn on :V), Peach doesn't have shoulders like that.
Also, Rosalina has an irresistable butt!

Ironically, while Peach's butt is actually a signature weapon of hers in various games, Smash included, it's not very big at all, it's actually really petite. This edit of her Brawl model really shows it (body proportions are not edited, the dress is simply removed):

Meanwhile, here's Rosalina's reasoning for being a heavyweight in Mario Kart, and probably half the reason why EVERYONE uses her online in MK8:

And of course, they look incredibly different in terms of outfit and accessories.

Last edited:

Hejjihoggu

Smash Rookie
I'll just copy paste this write-up I did a while ago in another topic (it was in response to the question "why is Rosalina considered more attractive than Peach by many, when they look so similar?")

------------------------

I could write an essay on how Rosalina looks almost nothing like Peach beyond being a woman, and beyond being drawn by the same artist and in the same style.

But to start, let's just say - Peach (and Daisy) has a perfectly symmetrical design. Rosalina has a very asymmetrical design.
Also, look at any picture where one's head is put on the other's body. It's actually really jarring and really emphasises the differences between them.

However, I do think Peach is cute (and looks really good in this game), but she's more "hot cute girl". Rosalina is a mature, gorgeous, and beautifully sexy goddess of a woman. Plenty of people think Peach is pretty too, though, myself included. I just like Rosalina a whole lot more.

It may also help Rosalina's case that, in the Mario games, Peach looks flat chested in her dress, while Rosalina has a very defined bust. This is most noticeable in 3D World, not only because you can put them side by side (giving them both a Mega Mushroom makes it easier to compare them since the camera is normally quite far back), but also because Small Rosalina and Small Peach basically look like babies, yet Rosalina still has clearly defined breasts in her small form despite that, while Peach looks completely flat chested and completely baby-like in her small form. Which is really ****ing creepy and weird. And before anyone calls me out, I have never compared them like that. It's just really noticeable that you can tell even from memory, especially because of how the developers didn't really reduce Rosalina's breast size for her Small Rosalina form, which I find awfully disturbing.

When it comes to Smash though, Sakurai gives Peach more of a bust, to help his flirtier and sexier portrayal of her become more appealing.

However, Peach is often rejected as a character due to being handled terribly in half of the games where she has a story role. As we all know, she gets kidnapped too much. She has been handled great in some games though, such as the Sports games and Super Paper Mario. However, outside of maybe Kerri Kane being a bit of an unfitting voice for her in MK7 and Mario Golf, Rosalina has always been an extremely appealing character, and has never been portrayed in a way that makes her look bad.

-Rosalina is a giant, she is taller than Ganondorf canonically. Peach is a petite woman. If both women were real, I'd be at least half a head taller than Peach, but Rosalina would absolutely tower over me. This by extension means they have different body builds.
-Rosalina has extremely well defined and mature shoulders (that I personally find to be quite the turn on :V), Peach doesn't have shoulders like that.

Ironically, while Peach's butt is actually a signature weapon of hers in various games, Smash included, it's not very big at all, it's actually really petite. This edit of her Brawl model really shows it (body proportions are not edited, the dress is simply removed):

Meanwhile, here's Rosalina's reasoning for being a heavyweight in Mario Kart, and probably half the reason why EVERYONE uses her online in MK8:

And of course, they look incredibly different in terms of outfit and accessories.

But seriously, if we're going to argue about Peach and Rosalina, this is all we need.

Last edited:

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet

------------------------

I'm amazed that you wrote an entire essay on a topic so trivial and stupid. I guess a better way to put my point for you to understand is that I don't find females depicted the way that mario characters are depicted to be attractive. While characters like Samus, Zelda, and Lucina have sort of elegant, womanly looking faces, Peach and Rosalina have these almost baby faces with giant, expressionless eyes with no sort of intelligence behind them.

Hejjihoggu

Smash Rookie
I'm amazed that you wrote an entire essay on a topic so trivial and stupid. I guess a better way to put my point for you to understand is that I don't find females depicted the way that mario characters are depicted to be attractive. While characters like Samus, Zelda, and Lucina have sort of elegant, womanly looking faces, Peach and Rosalina have these almost baby faces with giant, expressionless eyes with no sort of intelligence behind them.
As much as I begged we should go back to the shipping topic, I must reply to this.

I don't find any character "Attractive". However, I do find a bunch of characters (like Peach, Olimar, Toon Link, Sonic, Pikachu, Etc.) really cute or adorable. If sonicbrawler182 finds any character "Attractive" that is their opinion. If you don't find certain characters "Attractive", than that's your opinion. But we can't deny that was a good essay on the topic, even if it's not needed and sounds ridiculously that they even made it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...I wasn't talking about her being attractive, I was debunking the notion that she looks like Peach.

She is has blonde hair (even at that, a drastically different shade than Peach).
She is a woman.
She is drawn in the same art style.
She has a similar crown.

That's four minor similarities, with the 2nd and 3rd being kinda moot as they are really general.

And Rosalina's face is way more "elegant" than Samus, or Lucina's.

Samus is supposed to be like a sexy modern super model, Lucina is near androgynous.

Zelda is elegant though. Elegant refers to the vibe they give. Rosalina is elegant, mysterious, graceful, but also kind, wise, and motherly. (And a little bit sexy in Mario Kart~)

Peach is more more cute, innocent, and girly, and kinda flirtatious (in Smash specifically).

Lozjam

Smash Champion
...I wasn't talking about her being attractive, I was debunking the notion that she looks like Peach.

She is has blonde hair (even at that, a drastically different shade than Peach).
She is a woman.
She has a similar crown.

That's four minor similarities, with the 2nd and 3rd being kinda moot as they are really general.

Samus is supposed to be like a sexy modern super model, Lucina is near androgynous.

Zelda is elegant though. Elegant refers to the vibe they give. Rosalina is elegant, mysterious, graceful, but also kind, wise, and motherly. (And a little bit sexy in Mario Kart~)

Peach is more more cute, innocent, and girly, and kinda flirtatious (in Smash specifically).
Oh yeah 100% agree with this. Except for Zelda, she is sort of like the leave me alone sort of girl, and can get really offended easily. And Palutena is a really flirty friend you have, and likes to have a lot of fun. Robin is a role model, and Wii Fit Trainer... Is Wii Fit Trainer. Though Marth is the prettiest one of all :troll:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah 100% agree with this. Except for Zelda, she is sort of like the leave me alone sort of girl, and can get really offended easily. And Palutena is a really flirty friend you have, and likes to have a lot of fun. Robin is a role model, and Wii Fit Trainer... Is Wii Fit Trainer. Though Marth is the prettiest one of all :troll:
I suppose Zelda really varies depending on the incarnation.

TP Zelda (the one in Smash) seemed quite stern and authoritative, from what I remember, but also really cares about her people.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I suppose Zelda really varies depending on the incarnation.

TP Zelda (the one in Smash) seemed quite stern and authoritative, from what I remember, but also really cares about her people.
Yeah, and I don't think she is... Approachable. the reason I ship Link X Rosalina is Rosalina reminds Link of Ilia, who was Link's romantic interest in TP

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet

She is a woman.
She has a similar crown.

That was my entire point, I don't ship her because she looks stupid to me, and her personality doesn't factor in because I don't know her character.
As much as I begged we should go back to the shipping topic, I must reply to this.

I don't find any character "Attractive". However, I do find a bunch of characters (like Peach, Olimar, Toon Link, Sonic, Pikachu, Etc.) really cute or adorable. If sonicbrawler182 finds any character "Attractive" that is their opinion. If you don't find certain characters "Attractive", than that's your opinion. But we can't deny that was a good essay on the topic, even if it's not needed and sounds ridiculously that they even made it.
Ok, well now we're playing semantics. How about this: I don't find Rosalina "cute." In the context of making video game couples, cute and attractive pretty much are the same thing. In any case, I don't really care, and I'm done with this conversation. We can all ship who we want with who we want. Let's just go back to that.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
. We can all ship who we want with who we want. Let's just go back to that.
Lolno

There is only one kind of good boat.

MarthXLucina

I love lesbian boats and selfcest

get it boating heheheheheheheh shipping=boating heheheheheheh and lucina is a marth clone ahhehehehahah

Last edited:

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
n the context of making video game couples, cute and attractive pretty much are the same thing.
Personally, I break down physical attraction into three basic groups:
1. Beauty
2. Sexuality
3. Cuteness (for lack of a better term)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Personally, I break down physical attraction into three basic groups:
1. Beauty
2. Sexuality
3. Cuteness (for lack of a better term)
Man, I only have one category.
Boner [Y/N]

But is it in any way realistic according to their actual canon portrayals for them to fall for each other?
Which is why, ignoring canon pairings, I think Marth x Zelda is one of the best ships ever. Twilight Princess Zelda + Heroes of Light and Shadow Marth is the prime example of this.
Both are duty and bound to serve their people. They're real fighters, and their lines are pouring with humanitarian sentiment. They are serious, and humble, both simple and kindhearted, compassionate and forgiving, true leaders of their people, and both wise. Never should there be a more pure relationship to epitomize man and woman alike than these two in Smash Bros., I dare say!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wanted to ship Mac x Rosalina, but Sakurai took that pleasure from me and shipped him with Samus.

Now I ship her with Ike, and ship Lucina with Falcon, Male Robin with Palutena and Female Robin with Link (Because I can).

And Zelda x Peach, because why not? Princesses gotta stick together.

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
I've always imagined Samus and Falcon being bounty hunter rivals that had casual sex since 64.
Their relationship became rocky with Snake in Brawl.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I've always imagined Samus and Falcon being bounty hunter rivals that had casual sex since 64.
Their relationship became rocky with Snake in Brawl.
Rocky? Sounds threesomey

I would totally support a casual friends with benefits Samus x Falcon x Snake triangle or even a romantic one.

Especially if Falcon and Snake were totes ok with each other and equally as good friends. Jealousy in poly-amorous relationships just doesn't work.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I'm really sad at how PalutenaxLucina is more popular now than PitxPalutena. Curse you Sakurai and your hilariously suggestive Miiverse pics!

Hejjihoggu

Smash Rookie
Okay, but I found this Maid!Sonic/Maid!Snake 18+ Doujinshi while on the weird side of Tumblr that's called Super Maid Bros.... I-...I'll just give you the cover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom