• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card

Smash Lord
Thank you ShortFuse for starting a new thread for this discussion, and saving the actual Japanese Thread for only confirmed news.

Now I am going to treat this thread exactly how I treat all the other Speculation and Roster Theory threads..... with a grain of salt.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I am sort of inclined to believe this, simply because I see history is repeating itself.

However, a lack of ANY more screenshots at all since that starting roster pic...?

Not a single gameplay pic at all?

That seems incredibly unrealistic to me if someone really has the game....

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
And look at the polls. Sakurai added every single high-ranking character EXCEPT Ridley and Geno. I'm not a Ridley fan at all, but Metroid has had a single rep for every game. Ridley is, honestly, the only other Metroid representative besides Samus that has enough importance and the....figure to be a fighter. Lucario, a perfectly normal Fighting-type Pokemon got in, probably on sheer hype. And they won't put RIDLEY in?!

It just defies logic. Theres just no way Sakurai would call this game perfect with a smaller amount of unlockable fighters then Melee, a bizzare roster with characters that would never have gotten in if they weren't historical (I'm looking at you, R.O.B)., and denial of characters that are so absurdly popular and so well-known to their franchises. I mean, yeah, no Megaman doesn't surprise me, but...what?!

Long story short: it makes no sense. I just can't bring myself to believe thats the final roster.

...and lack of Claus makes me hate it even more :dizzy:
I agree about the strange selection of who got in from the journal entries and who did not. Why not Geno, only rivaled in requests by Dedede? Why not Krystal or Ridley, who both received 4 mentions? It seems a bit strange, especially in light of characters like Wolf and R.O.B. allegedly making the roster. I am not a huge proponent of any of the aforementioned characters, but I do agree that they should have a spot on the roster.

And with the amount of hype--let alone the sheer manpower behind the game--it is kind of a wonder that these decisions were made in regard to the roster.

(And I totally agree about Claus. :()

I just went to NeoGAF, and apparently they are all laughing at us for our disappointment in the roster. I don't like the elitist attitude that many of the users there exhibit.
Exactly. It bothers me to no end. We have legitimate reasons to be upset; what's so wrong about that?

3 hours.
10char
2.5 - 2.75. Beat that. :lick:

God Link

Smash Cadet
Doesn't make sense, at all. Unless your talking about starting roster. If your talking about COMPLETE roster then where is Sonic, Lucario, Ness, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Snake, and others to come.

EDIT: For the roster above, ROB doesn't appear to be playable.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
After the first year how much will you play anything but multiplayer? I'm sure that almost everyone else here would agree that they'd rather have more characters than a deep single player mode.
SSE in single player, but Stage Builder has IMMENSE MULTIPLAYER POSSIBILITIES, I'm more excited about it than about online...

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
I'm not following this at all. We have an unofficial roster that someone on gamefaqs made, then we have a roster that appears to have originated from 2chan showing all the currently confirmed characters.

what does that prove? I don't see any proof that any of the characters in the gamefaqs mock up are confirmed. 35 characters seems about right, but how does this prove anything?

We have unofficial rosters from proven insiders on NeoGAF, betting their hard-earned accounts (NeoGAF accounts aren't just "sign up and post" affairs) that they're telling the truth, backed up by moderators who have experience investigating "insiders" to make sure they're not lying, whose information perfectly corresponds with proven "prophets" who made perfect predictions regarding SSBB.

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
Also just noticed this: If this roster is real then that's only 6 female characters, if you count Sheik, Zamus, and Nana as their own character, which I don't so I guess it's only 3 female characters. I know this goes along with the "ZOMGZ I THOUGHT SAKURAI SAID MORE CHIX IN BRAWL!" thread but I do think they would have more than just three, that is all.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I am sort of inclined to believe this, simply because I see history is repeating itself.

However, a lack of ANY more screenshots at all since that starting roster pic...?

Not a single gameplay pic at all?

That seems incredibly unrealistic to me if someone really has the game....
Ding ding ding ding ding.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Shortfuse isn't human, he's some sort of brawl-knowing (love puns) robot.

Does anyone know yet what 2ch or other Japanese boards think of these supposed leaks?
"I hear all kinds of things. Supposedly, he was born in a mental institution. They say he only sleeps one hour a night. You know about this guy?" ShortFuse

Cookie for whoever gets the reference first.

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
its obviously fake.
the backround is not consistant
all the images of the characters are taken from farther away in the fake.
the image of marth looks a lot like ssbm
there is no random select in the fake.

D

Deleted member

ROB? You crazy?

Why would you want to play as a generic subspace enemy, or someone from Star Fox over Krystal, Wolf, Leon, etc?

It just makes me think Sakurai sat down one day when they handed him a list of possible strange characters and just threw the whole bunch of papers off the table, enraged, jumped up and then started shouting about why ROB wasn't on them.

Unbelievable?

It should be. ROB wouldn't be even an 1/8th of the character anyone on my sig would be.

Brasil

Smash Cadet
Less time devoted to more characters = more time devoted to SSE***
***not to mention: stickers, trophies, meaningless co-op, half-baked online functionality, etc.

In other words...

"Less time devoted to more characters = more time devoted to useless crap"

:)

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
You know, I think you guys would've been happier if they had just released SSBM with online.

God Link

Smash Cadet
48 is way better than 35, :/

With all this time, support, staff and employees, with the delays they could have pulled 48 characters off. Main characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, Kyrstal, Bowser Jr, etc are missing. Hopefully the set idea is a fake.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no third party characters, no Pit, no Wario, no Pokemon Trainer.

Sounds revolutionary.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
More proof that the disc is fake:

1) Hal, Sega, and Konami logos have to be on it.

2) Where is the manual?

3) Show us the back box-art.

Oh yeah, this is fake!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

2) Where is the manual?

Oh yeah, this is fake!
The picture has nothing to gain from it. Usually a fake will through in something to make people go crazy. The picture just all the confirmed Dojo players 'cept Sonic and Snake. I would think, if you would go through the length of putting an elaborate and very well done fake, you'd put SOMETHING new on it.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
First of all, in the short time I've been away, I'm surprised just how many people have gotten their panties in a bind over all this. From what I can tell, at least from the bottom two, they are clearly mocked up, while the top two are likely from the demos that have been available at whichever shows they revealed them at. The entire character roster is most definitely just someone doing it for fun to visualize the rumors compiled from leaker information, but several are taking it rather seriously and getting scared and pointing out things like "Oohhh, that's not the Brawl artwork in that wittle box there".

Secondly, there is only one thing that really makes everything that has been said a little leery for me, and that is the whole "Icon argument". It seems to ME that any series that merits a playable character up until this point has merited its own icon on the Dojo, the same icon that appears behind the character's mug on the bottom of the screen with their damage percentage. The reason why I'm not at ease is because of the fact there is an icon for Smashville, yet there is no mention of any Animal Crossing character of any sort, as well as the icon for the Pitfall item.

However, my argument there has a few chips in it when you take into account the fact that there is also an apparent "two rectangles" icon (Undoubtedly in my eyes representing a DS) for the Pictochat stage, but for what reason? Perhaps this icon represents Nintendo hardware, and could be the icon for ROB (Which I also feel weird about because of the apparent abundance of them that are going to be appearing as normal enemies). Or maybe, the most likely reason, is that whatever series holds a large number of features in Smash brothers and is a popular franchise or product, like Animal Crossing or Nintendo related hardware, it would merit the existence of its own icon without being backed by a playable character.

Also... I read someone's reply in here saying that if ROB 64 (Whom I don't believe is playable personally) was playable he would merit his own icon, that is hardly a valid argument... He'd more than likely just bear the Fox icon, which happens to be the emblem on the ship he is a part of.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.

2) Where is the manual?

Oh yeah, this is fake!
They do not need to be on the disc... only the developing company's does. Copyright use logos need to be in the manual.

-Risky-

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't you have been?
I know I wouldn't, let's not lose sight of the sheer amount of new content we're receiving - SSE, Stage Builder, Olnine Play - what more can you ask for?

Besides, Melee lasted us long enough with just 20 unique characters, 35 is pretty satisfactory to me at any rate

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
11 hours and no more screenshots from that guy. Very weird. If I had the game Id take about 30 pics before I even started beating it.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
11 hours and no more screenshots from that guy. Very weird. If I had the game Id take about 30 pics before I even started beating it.
I've said this before. The same thing happened with the famitsu scan. They uploaded a few picture and then silence.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Thanks for showing how weak your case is. DDD before Sonic? Olimar after Wario? Dude, they're not even by the same intervals in either pic. Seriously, that's some weak-*** evidence you got there.
That and in melee they went by franchise, but this is too disorganized.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
"I hear all kinds of things. Supposedly, he was born in a mental institution. They say he only sleeps one hour a night. You know about this guy?" ShortFuse

Cookie for whoever gets the reference first.
FIGHT CLUB

oh yeah

mrbiz

Smash Rookie
It is organised - but vertically. As have all the demos selection screens been if you look at DK and DK (donkey and diddy)

Edit: you were the faster man shortfuse - I was too busy playing SSB8^2

Wilfio

Smash Rookie
NOOOOOOOOOOOO FFS i just spent over an hour writing a massive post deconstructing all of the arguments and its all been lost!!!!! i am very angry

in short

starting roster could well be TRUE

final roster is a mockup of popular rumors with no more evidence than any prediction and is likely FALSE

35 char theory could be true but seems unlikely

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has been said, but that disc looks like the size of a gamecube disc to me. Maybe it's just an illusion...

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised nothing has come up since I was awake....
This pic is true until proven fake, but it's also fake until proven true :)

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't you have been?
yes of course, and they could have locked it to final destination and made fox and marth the only characters it would have rocked duuuuuuuuuude

But if they're gonna add new characters, I expect more than Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Captain Olimar with a unique Pikmin-based moveset, a three-characters-in-one Pokemon Trainer, Lucas from Mother 3, Ike from Fire Emblem, a new WTF character (R.O.B), King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, Wolf, retooled versions of all characters, possibly majorly retooled versions of Falco, Young Link, and Ganondorf so that they're not clones, Smash Balls for a whole new type of special attack for each character, and third-party characters like the unbelievably unexpected Solid Snake and legendary finally-in-Smash-Bros Sonic the Hedgehog.

Not to mention insulting additions like an expanded singleplayer adventure mode with co-op, special items that allow more characters into the game even though they weren't able to make full playable characters out of them, retooled Multi-Man mode with online co-op, retooled Sandbag mode with online, stage creator with online sharing and daily featured custom stages, online photo and video sharing, spectator mode, expanded Training Mode, expanded controls, more options and features, the return of custom intros, the widest cast of musicians in a game ever with the ability to arrange the music to your liking, 41 stages, and online brawl multiplayer of several types, the holy grail of Smash Bros.

b-b-b-but a character from super mario rpg didn't get in sakuraiiiiiiiiiiiii you so lazy

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The picture has nothing to gain from it. Usually a fake will through in something to make people go crazy. The picture just all the confirmed Dojo players 'cept Sonic and Snake. I would think, if you would go through the length of putting an elaborate and very well done fake, you'd put SOMETHING new on it.
What are you, insane? If someone makes an elaborate fake, they don't want to be dis-credited, you'd avoid making a new image that would obviousky be photoshopped. And, the names prove it's false. Ice Climbers in Japan are called Ice Climber and Olimar is Orima, and Lucas is Ryuka.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
What are you, insane? If someone makes an elaborate fake, they don't want to be dis-credited, you'd avoid making a new image that would obviousky be photoshopped. And, the names prove it's false. Ice Climbers in Japan are called Ice Climber and Olimar is Orima, and Lucas is Ryuka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom