• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Guide to playing Smash Bros. 64 Online

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Please can someone list the gameshark codes for Final Destination and the Special Characters ( Metal Mario ect. )

Also if there's any more levels I'd be much appreciative ^_^

Thino

Smash Master
unfortunately Final Destination doesnt work properly (must be becuz sky depends on Master Hands HP)
but i have some others:
Cheat31="VS. Mode\Player 1\Character Modifier",800AD58B 00??
Cheat32="VS. Mode\Player 2\Character Modifier",800AD5FF 00??
Cheat33="VS. Mode\Player 3\Character Modifier",800AD673 00??
Cheat34="VS. Mode\Player 4\Character Modifier",800AD6E7 00??

then replace ?? by the following :
$00 Mario,
$01 Fox,
$02 DK,
$03 Samus,
$04 Luigi,
$05 Link,
$06 Yoshi,
$07 C. Falcon,
$08 Kirby,
$09 Pikachu,
$0A Jigglypuff,
$0B Ness,
$0C Master Hand,
$0D Metal Mario,
$0E Polygon Mario,
$10 Polygon DK,
$13 Polygon Link,
$14 Polygon Yoshi,
$15 Polygon Samus,
$18 Polygon Kirby,
$1A Giant Donkey Kong

for stages :
Cheat43="secret stages",800A4D09 00??
then replace ?? by :
$0D metal mario stage,
$0B tutorial stage,
$0A kirby stage 2,
$0E battlefield,
$09 kirby stage 1

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Dude, I love you.

EDIT: I've inputted the cheats correctly (Copy pasted) activated them and they aren't working. Do I need to select a specific character or level? I noticed with the level cheats they only work if you pick Random.

Thino

Smash Master
BloodBowler said:
Dude, I love you.

EDIT: I've inputted the cheats correctly (Copy pasted) activated them and they aren't working. Do I need to select a specific character or level? I noticed with the level cheats they only work if you pick Random.
you need to be specific , u cant ,for example , activate Giant DK and Metal Mario for player 1 at the same time , the same apply for levels

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I only have one special character activated at any one time, (In this case, Metal Mario) I selected the normal Mario character at the character select, chose a random level (No cheat levels) and I didn't get Metal Mario. What am I doing wrong?

Thino

Smash Master
if ure playing as player 1 make sure ur in VS mode , and have cheat for player 1 actvated , in this case 800AD58B 000D , is it this?

errtu

Smash Apprentice
yo man, I can´t run projecy64k. when i double click the exe file, it states:

"Not enough memory for Jump Table!"

Then I click ok, and it says:

"Failed to allocate Memory"

Do you know how to fix this???

thanx in advance

:confused:

Thino

Smash Master
errtu said:
yo man, I can´t run projecy64k. when i double click the exe file, it states:

"Not enough memory for Jump Table!"

Then I click ok, and it says:

"Failed to allocate Memory"

Do you know how to fix this???

thanx in advance

:confused:
could u run it before? otherwise maybe ur pc aint powerful enough

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Allright can some please give me some links to good sites that I can trust to download ROM versions of Smash Brothers. I have looked on google and I am not having any luck finding any sites thanks.

Also for people having trouble with pings and lag and whatnot, a good and simple solution that could drastically lower your pings and improve connections, is to download the latest video drivers for your video cards. www.nvidia.com, for those who have NVIDIA video cards, go to this site. After doing such go to "download drivers" on the main page then on the following screen select your card types and operating system and hit go, form there you can view the latest video drivers they have for your INVIDIA card and you can download and install it from there.

On ATI cards go to the ATI site, you can slo get drivers from there as well.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Lange said:
Allright can some please give me some links to good sites that I can trust to download ROM versions of Smash Brothers. I have looked on google and I am not having any luck finding any sites thanks.

Also for people having trouble with pings and lag and whatnot, a good and simple solution that could drastically lower your pings and improve connections, is to download the latest video drivers for your video cards. www.nvidia.com, for those who have NVIDIA video cards, go to this site. After doing such go to "download drivers" on the main page then on the following screen select your card types and operating system and hit go, form there you can view the latest video drivers they have for your INVIDIA card and you can download and install it from there.

On ATI cards go to the ATI site, you can slo get drivers from there as well.
That would help dramatically, but it would not lower your ping, just the lagg. Ping is directly associated with the connection.

ant-d

Smash Lord
rokimomi said:
That would help dramatically, but it would not lower your ping, just the lagg. Ping is directly associated with the connection.
You'd be very surprised. Ping is more related to your hardware/system than people think. I found this out the hard way.

Basically, I have crap ping (I mean 800ms+) when using Windows XP Pro x86. When I use Windows XP Pro x64 I get normal ping (25ms) without fail.
Also, the SNR Margin of the router plays a big part in how much ping you get. There are tools to change the SNR Margin btw.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
ant-d said:
You'd be very surprised. Ping is more related to your hardware/system than people think. I found this out the hard way.

Basically, I have crap ping (I mean 800ms+) when using Windows XP Pro x86. When I use Windows XP Pro x64 I get normal ping (25ms) without fail.
Also, the SNR Margin of the router plays a big part in how much ping you get. There are tools to change the SNR Margin btw.
I figred as much, and that is mostly the signal of compy to kallera. I used to have the same probleem and the onlything is that i only had one computer.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
rokimomi said:
I figred as much, and that is mostly the signal of compy to kallera. I used to have the same probleem and the onlything is that i only had one computer.
Ping really does have more to do with your system than you think, updated video drivers can really lower your ping a large amount as much as 50 ticks or more.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
mastahwolf said:
could u run it before? otherwise maybe ur pc aint powerful enough
yeah man I used to be able to play online, don´t know what happened :urg:
know how to fix it?

Thino

Smash Master
errtu said:
yeah man I used to be able to play online, don´t know what happened :urg:
know how to fix it?
seems like a RAM problem... did u install something new on ur PC or something, ull should also try pj64 1.6 to see if its not a plugin problem, my video plugin suddenly stoppedworkin too when i had 1.5

Punkzors

Smash Cadet
I use a gamepad for this, no analog stick. It's similar to the Gravis Gamepad Pro, but it's from Logitech. I'm just telling what specific gamepad I'm using. Ok, to the question, whenever I pressed my control pad, I dash all the time, even the lightest press. This prevents me from using forward tilt attacks and I end up dash attacking all the time. Is there any way that I can adjust the controls so that I can walk instead of dashing.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
errtu - it has to do with a specific windows update that doesn't let you play. Keep uninstalling them until it works...that's what I had to do a while ago.

Thino

Smash Master
Punkzors said:
what percentage do you recommend raising it to, considering I don't have a control stick, but a control pad.
with control pad deadzone wont actually change anything , you'll be able to walk and ftilt only when landing from a jump and pressing a direction

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if you can get things off the list of Gameshark codes. I added all the ones for the secret characters (Polygons, etc.), but then they didn't work. I was wondering how to get them off the list. They're just getting in the way when I look for stuff.

This may be off-topic, but does anybody know any other games that would work over the internet? Does Star Fox 64 work? If so, where would be a good server to play it? (As in there are people willing to play?)

Thino

Smash Master
Fox_Rocks said:
I was wondering if you can get things off the list of Gameshark codes. I added all the ones for the secret characters (Polygons, etc.), but then they didn't work. I was wondering how to get them off the list. They're just getting in the way when I look for stuff.

This may be off-topic, but does anybody know any other games that would work over the internet? Does Star Fox 64 work? If so, where would be a good server to play it? (As in there are people willing to play?)
remember secret characters have different codes for adventure and vs mode , to take them away you open the project64.cht file in pj64k's folder with notepad , scroll down till you find smash brothers and delete lines u dont need .
technically all the games u have in pj64k work on kaillera , but tar fox 64 aint so popular on kaillera i barely see it in waiting games , sometimes on some random japanese servers thasts all

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Could someone post some links to sites where you can download roms? Thanks I would appreciate it.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Lol, well, all fd is, is a stage with no set backs. Like a funny thing happened once b/c we were playing on fd in melee and my it was his first time so he was like, "Oh new stage...what's the catch?"

We laughed soooo much and it was a really good question...it was funny at the time.

Thino

Smash Master
rokimomi said:
Lol, well, all fd is, is a stage with no set backs. Like a funny thing happened once b/c we were playing on fd in melee and my it was his first time so he was like, "Oh new stage...what's the catch?"

We laughed soooo much and it was a really good question...it was funny at the time.
"the sky !!"

i think thats why everyone like it , a completely neutral flat stage

Thino

Smash Master
guess it must be the moment when the platform come out from the space and have a normal sky with clouds , its disturbing first time

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yo, guys. I have a very interesting problem...hoping someone can help.

So yeah...I can play Smash online when anyone hosts a game for me. However, whenever I start an offline Vs. Mode match or if I host a game online, whenever I'm about to drag my cursor up to the character select portion of the character select screen, 64K just crashes. No error messages. Just crashing.

1P Mode works just fine and I can play any mode in 64 1.6, but for some reason, 64K won't let me host or play my own Vs. Mode game. Any ideas or suggestions? o_0

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Ok, I need help with my game. I have everything set up, but there is one problem.

When I try to run SSB on my PJ64k emulator, the game gets all glitchy, and my curser when selecting characters will disapear, and it will do a short lag every like 5 seconds. It used to run fine on my PJ64 1.6.

I've been trying to fix it for a while now, but nothing seems to work.

Can anybody help me?

Edit - Never mind I found out the problem!

I'm getting on line... as Dash_Fox. See ya around!

BETA

Smash Ace
Shiri said:
:yoshi: Yo, guys. I have a very interesting problem...hoping someone can help.

So yeah...I can play Smash online when anyone hosts a game for me. However, whenever I start an offline Vs. Mode match or if I host a game online, whenever I'm about to drag my cursor up to the character select portion of the character select screen, 64K just crashes. No error messages. Just crashing.

1P Mode works just fine and I can play any mode in 64 1.6, but for some reason, 64K won't let me host or play my own Vs. Mode game. Any ideas or suggestions? o_0
Dangit, you're playing online now too?

There might just be an error with your version. When I get problems with Project64k, I just download it again and install it to a different directory. It's worked for me every time, but I've had different problems than this.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
ok i followed the guide. Great guide btw but i cant click on the onen netplay thing. its greyed out, i dont know what im doing wrong but i am getting pretty mad that i cant play online after waiting for this. and yes my system is up to snuff and i AM using pj64K. can anyone help? :confused:

Weather

Smash Rookie
You have to do it without any ROM loaded.
I'll seem like a jerk if that isn't your problem, though.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
dang.. Seems that I cant connect any servers it just keeps saying "Connecting..." and nothing happens.

(I waited for about 20 min and nothing.)
(Edit: 10nth post :) )

Top Bottom