• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Guide to playing Smash Bros. 64 Online

Myztek

Smash Ace
tigerbombz said:
oh..i have another question..it mite be off topic...but how do i play like other games such as xmen vs street fighter online and other ps games!
The site is back up now.

Also, if you want to play games like Marvel vs Capcom, King of Fighters, stuff like that; You'll need to get MAME32k. It's an arcade emulator.

Killer Angel

Smash Cadet
any1 here wanna do some 2v2 stuff? I honestly prefer the team fighting just because i enjoy having a teammate with me. If any1 is up for it i have a ventrillo server that i can have us use, my AIM is KillerSpencer and my msn is Killer.Nagazi@gmail.com. I also play WoW so if i'm offline it means i'm playing WoW

tigerbombz

Smash Journeyman
Myztek said:
The site is back up now.

Also, if you want to play games like Marvel vs Capcom, King of Fighters, stuff like that; You'll need to get MAME32k. It's an arcade emulator.
where cani find name32k at? Can u guys give me a link?

DoBeR[MaN]

Smash Rookie
a lil help plz

well I did all that miztek say
and I can play smash

BUT IS TOO SLOW THE GAME!!!!!!!
well , I know is cause my machine sucks

but, there is a way to make better the game play'???
.... :s

Thino

Smash Master
DoBeR[MaN] said:
well I did all that miztek say
and I can play smash

BUT IS TOO SLOW THE GAME!!!!!!!
well , I know is cause my machine sucks

but, there is a way to make better the game play'???
.... :s
if ur machine sux err... no.
otherwise play on servers u have low pings on, disconnect everything from the internet but pj64k and... change ur machine

DoBeR[MaN]

Smash Rookie
BETA said:
Yes, there is actually. Use a different video plugin, such as Rice's Daedalus, and change some of the settings.
And after changing that I can still play online??
thx for answers :)

well I tried with that plugin some minutes ago
and ... lol ... wut horrible graphics :)
but still my machine sucks.... o well ...
I will have to play at my neighboors machines... =(

Killer Angel

Smash Cadet
do i have to download the beta because i dled 1.6 but i don't have the net play ability nor do i have anything below choose directory. some help plz

Killer Angel

Smash Cadet
well now that i did that i have a problem. My analog stick seems to work every time before i go into vs matches. once i'm in a vs match the analog won't work. Does this only work online and you can't do single player?

dEZLU

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain what settings and plugins need to be changed if your attempting to run this on a slower computer (as BETA said was possible in a previous post)? Cause I have everything dl'd, but its kinda laggy, and I'm guessing its because of my computer. Any suggestions?

Myztek

Smash Ace
dEZLU said:
Can someone explain what settings and plugins need to be changed if your attempting to run this on a slower computer (as BETA said was possible in a previous post)? Cause I have everything dl'd, but its kinda laggy, and I'm guessing its because of my computer. Any suggestions?
One change you should make is using the No Sound plugin.

As for graphics, I'm not too sure what plugin is best for a low-end PC.

dEZLU

Smash Rookie
Ok, ty Myztek. And I hope BETA will comment as well, since he said there were setting variations :ohwell: . And btw, any idea when your site will go back up? I need to use it again lol

BETA

Smash Ace
Fine, fine. http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=18780 Rice's Daedalus... download it and rename it to the same name as the default name for the one used in Project64k. You have to do this so it selects this plugin while playing online.

Under video settings, where it says Force Texture Filter, make sure it's set to Force Nearest Filter. This basically dumbs down graphics so your computer can keep up with them. I'm not sure what to set the other settings to though, but these filter settings can do wonders on older PC's.

My friend says that my emulators suck... one of them (Project64) only runs at half speed, but the graphics look fine. Another one (1964, the one I have Rice's Daedalus on) runs at full speed but looks like crap. His computer is from the turn of the century BTW, running Windows ME :p

PS: If it gives you an error, saying you need glide3x.dll, you can get it here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/pop.php?glide3x
Just unzip it to your C:\Windows\system\ directory. Note: If any of the above causes you trouble, don't sue me, sue whoever wrote these files.

dEZLU

Smash Rookie
Ok, thanks a bunch BETA. I'm gonna get right on that ASAP. Btw though, for some reason whenever I start up my Project64, it starts up as full screen, and I cant get it to its normal resolution. I'm not really sure why it's doing that.

I was going to just delete the whole Project64 file and start over, but Myztek's site is down, and I forget what site to dl the stuff from.

Edit: (to BETA) I couldnt find any video settings in my Project64k nor could I find that thing you wanted me to click.

BETA

Smash Ace
It's under Options, then Configure Video Plugin.

If you are getting a full screen when you load the rom, click Options, then Settings. Uncheck "Hide Advanced Settings", then click OK. Then, go back into Settings, then click the Options tab in the new Settings menu, and make sure "On loading ROM go to full screen" is unchecked.

dEZLU said:
nor could I find that thing you wanted me to click.
???

dEZLU

Smash Rookie
Um...I dont have Configure Video Plugin under my Options. Maybe I have the wrong Project64k? I just dl'd this file from http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=64290. Its Version .13 Core 1.4.

And I dont have "Hide Advanced Settings" under my Settings menu either. :ohwell: I'm thinking of just starting from scratch and dl Project64 again, but the site is down. :(

BTW, the full screen thing worked though. Thanks lol

Notable

Smash Rookie
This is my first post but I have watching this thread for a while. I do have a few questions. I did download PJ64 1.6 and PJ64k, which came with PJ64 1.4. I replaced the d3d6 with d3d8. When I play offline, the graphics are great.

Although, during net play, it still seems to be running 1.4 rather than 1.6; ie the shield and shine are thin.

Is there a way to make the net play look like the 1.6 graphics rather than the 1.4?

Also, when I open PJ64k, it says version 0.13 CORE 1.4. Is this related to the inferior net play graphics?

Thanks.

-Notable

Thino

Smash Master
did u replace jabo's d3d6 with d3d8 in pj64k's folder? that is to say delete initial d3d6 , put d3d8 and rename it to d3d6?

Oroco

Smash Rookie
My Ping is too high and there aren't any servers near me (the closest is Miami and I live in Central America, go figure) is there anything I can do??

Notable

Smash Rookie
For some reason, when I try to host a match, an error occurs saying file cannot be found after I hit start game.

The same error occurs when I click on the rom title listed directly on the PJ64k screen.

I can play online when someone else is hosting and offline by going to file, open rom, and choosing it from there.

Is there any way to fix this so I can create games? thanks

-Notable

Thino

Smash Master
make sure u have specified the rom directory on pj64k, sometimes u have to restart a few times before it updates rom folder and make sure u didnt move/rename the rom

tigerbombz

Smash Journeyman
omg...so i just got my adapter today to play smash online. Ive been trying to configure the controls and i get some of it to work but im not sure. Does our joystick go under analog joystick or digital? What is digital? I played in games and it somewhat works...it seems my joystick is messed up or something, i cant run fast, i cant roll (but my z-button works).

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE THIS!

Top Bottom